REVIEW: GAT Trigger on 10/22

Alex Nollmann

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
I know how most of this group "shuns" the use of rapid fire trigger devices,
but some of us enjoy the rush so I thought I would share my experienes with
the GAT Trigger and a ruger 10/22.

I installed the GAT last night. I had to trim down the plunger a little pit
because as it was it would not allow the trigger to come far enough forward
to re-cock. This took only a few seconds with a pair of scissors. The GAT
includes two pllungers, so I still have a long-one in case I want to try it
on another gun It took me about 10min to get it in exactly the right place,
and then I cranked down the retaining screws and went to bed.

This morning I headed down to my local national forest range to test it. I
stopped at Wal-Mart and got one of those 550rd boxes of federal .22LR for
$9. Nothing fancy. My 10/22 is completly factory, no add ons or nothing
else. I stuck in the factory clip, shouldered the weapon and turned the
crank with my finger.... brurururup! 10 rounds flew down range! I couldn't
believe it! It actually worked! On the first try.

I shot out about 15 clips worth of ammo, having the time of my life with
only one jam. The GAT worked great. I need to get some more clips...

As far as accuracy, again I am impressed! I was able to keep all 10shots
inside a paperplate at 50yards from a standing position. From a benchrest,
all ten shots made a nice group (4" or so) in the center, in about 1.5
seconds. I was still able to get my finger directly on the trigger on shoot
normally with no problem.

I must admit, this was the most fun $30 I have ever spent. After those 15
clips, everybody on the range also shot out a clip or two. We burned the
whole box (550rnds) before I headed home. The ammo is cheap, but I'm gonna
need to get a few extra barrels... cause its gonna burn em up I know.

Just my 2 cents....

Please find out about rec.guns at http://doubletap.cs.umd.edu/rec.guns

Nenou

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
Just be carefull. I had something like that on my 10-22 and the rapid fire
leaded the barrel something terrible!. It leaded so bad you could see a
constriction in the throat of the barrel!. I would advise copper plated 22 and
clean the barrel often.The heat is what causes the lead to strip off more than
normal.

Louis J.M

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00

#
[...]

Cool! I might just get one of these. (Along with a 50 round mag). ;-)

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _
\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Lou...@BellSouth.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ __/~| __/ | "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I'm a
==(______| (_________| vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

deb...@webtv.net

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00
can you please provide more information on this device. maybe a web
site. thanks