Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

已查看 7,016 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Gas Bag

未读,
2011年1月26日 07:58:222011/1/26
收件人
I've recently come across some articles that mention you can make your
own "non-toxic" rat/mouse posion by making a 50:50 mixture of regular/
corn flour and cement powder. They eat the mixture, then go in search
of water. Once they drink some water....game over. I have a few
specific questions, in relation to this D.I.Y. rat poison.

- How effective is this mixture at killing rats and/or mice?

- Assuming you place this mixture indoors (e.g. in the roof space),
will this poison ONLY take effect once the rodent goes outside for a
drink of water? The reason being, I'd want to avoid at-all-costs
having Ratty "snuff it" in my roof space, then having the most God-
awful smell to contend with a few days later.

- Is there anything that can be added to this mixture that would make
it extremely enticing to rats and/or mice? e.g. Powdered parmesan
cheese, sugar, salt, a little soy/fish sauce, some type of finely
chopped meat (raw or cooked)? I am just taking a wild guess here, as
I don't know what would attract them.

- Most of all, would tile grouting powder, used for bathroom tiling,
work just as well as cement powder in this D.I.Y. mixture?

I really would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

jamesgangnc

未读,
2011年1月26日 08:30:572011/1/26
收件人

Never heard that one. But any bait poison runs the risk of the animal
dying somewhere in your house. In 99% of the cases the carcase just
dries up. Or flys find it and it gets eaten by maggots.

Frank

未读,
2011年1月26日 08:50:042011/1/26
收件人

I agree. You take a chance with poison baits in the house. After
getting one bad stink a couple of years ago from a poisoned mouse, I now
use traps only.

I don't know about flour/cement but rats do not have a throwing up
reflex and once they eat something, it has to pass through their
digestive system where it may kill them.

Brooklyn1

未读,
2011年1月26日 09:53:132011/1/26
收件人
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 04:58:22 -0800 (PST), Gas Bag
<shaz...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>- How effective is this mixture at killing rats and/or mice?
>
>- Assuming you place this mixture indoors (e.g. in the roof space),
>will this poison ONLY take effect once the rodent goes outside for a
>drink of water? The reason being, I'd want to avoid at-all-costs
>having Ratty "snuff it" in my roof space, then having the most God-
>awful smell to contend with a few days later.

If you have rodents in your attic then you are very remiss in sealing
their entry to your house... believe it or not it is quite easy to
eliminate entryways. Seal your house and if rodents are still present
set traps... they obviously have free roam of your entire house
because rodents cannot live without food and water... also eliminate
their access to your food... you are definitely feeding those critters
or they'd not be there.

Harry K

未读,
2011年1月26日 10:30:412011/1/26
收件人
> dries up.  Or flys find it and it gets eaten by maggots.- Hide quoted text -

Yep. I find that D-Con works wonders and the animals don't smell for
some reason. I keep a bait box with it in the basement and find and
occasional dead mouse - never smelled one for many a year now.

The 'flour/cement' is an oldy home recipe. Just as enticing to pets
as it is to rodents. Needs to be in places the pets can't get to just
like any commercial poison.

Harry K

LSMFT

未读,
2011年1月26日 11:28:562011/1/26
收件人

An overdose of vitamin D will kill them, use that.

--
LSMFT

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ransley

未读,
2011年1月26日 11:38:032011/1/26
收件人

Then if it worked why wouldnt someone be selling it. My dogs wont eat
cement I dont think a rat will. I use poison inside, traps are a pain.
The smell of a dead mose is gone in a week and so are all the mice.
With traps its a constant battle you dont know if you ever win. Do
both, traps and poison

Billy

未读,
2011年1月26日 13:37:172011/1/26
收件人
In article
<1bdbd8bb-41b0-471e...@p7g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
ransley <mark.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Be careful of where you put the poison. I lost 2 cats last year to
poisoning, cats that were encouraged by neighbors, because they were
"mousers".
--
- Billy
�When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.�

Brooklyn1

未读,
2011年1月26日 13:52:012011/1/26
收件人
Billy <wild...@withouta.net> wrote:

>Be careful of where you put the poison. I lost 2 cats last year to
>poisoning, cats that were encouraged by neighbors, because they were
>"mousers".

Why did you put your cats outdoors, you ignorant POS... you need to be
poisoned... actually I'd be happy to tie you into a sack with a few
bricks and toss you into a lake.

jellybean stonerfish

未读,
2011年1月26日 14:16:362011/1/26
收件人

Why would you keep your cats locked up inside?

Animal cruelty.

willshak

未读,
2011年1月26日 14:25:232011/1/26
收件人
jellybean stonerfish wrote the following:

Keeps them clean and free of burrs, ticks, and fleas. Keeps them from
getting killed by cars, dogs, or cat haters, or being carried away by hawks.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Stormin Mormon

未读,
2011年1月26日 14:35:152011/1/26
收件人
Brooklyn needs to be locked in a dark closet for the rest of
his life, for animal cruelty.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jellybean stonerfish" <stone...@geocities.com> wrote in
message news:ihpruj$ktc$1...@speranza.aioe.org...

Stormin Mormon

未读,
2011年1月26日 14:37:072011/1/26
收件人
I guess you're too ignorant to know that cats are outdoor
animals. We'd better lock you in a dark closet for the rest
of your life.

Did anyone else catch the irony? Brookyn, condemning
cruelty, offers to use the same cruel technique he decries.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

Bob Villa

未读,
2011年1月26日 14:48:312011/1/26
收件人

Maybe it's D-CONcrete in it dat kills 'em!

Oren

未读,
2011年1月26日 15:15:222011/1/26
<shaz...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>I really would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Never heard of that mixture before...

Cheap: build one of these. They work on mice and rats.

video:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jezQKOl5q-w>

Oren

未读,
2011年1月26日 15:50:522011/1/26
收件人
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:30:41 -0800 (PST), Harry K
<turnk...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Yep. I find that D-Con works wonders and the animals don't smell for
>some reason. I keep a bait box with it in the basement and find and
>occasional dead mouse - never smelled one for many a year now

Interesting. MY grandfather used D-Con around his place in the 50s.
After heavy rains the rats would head for a puddle of water to drink
and die. They did smell nasty I recall. Luckily they went outside to
drink.

Bob F

未读,
2011年1月26日 18:03:022011/1/26
收件人
willshak wrote:
> jellybean stonerfish wrote the following:

>>> Why did you put your cats outdoors, you ignorant POS... you need to
>>> be poisoned... actually I'd be happy to tie you into a sack with a
>>> few bricks and toss you into a lake.
>>>

>> Why would you keep your cats locked up inside?
>>
>> Animal cruelty.
>>

> Keeps them clean and free of burrs, ticks, and fleas. Keeps them from
> getting killed by cars, dogs, or cat haters, or being carried away by
> hawks.

And keeps them from digging up the neighbor's freshly planted veggies and
pooping in their spinach.

I have to put screens over the beds whenever I plant because of neighbor's
uncontrolled cats.

Colbyt

未读,
2011年1月26日 18:31:232011/1/26
收件人

"Oren" <Or...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

A quick snap of the neck seems more humane to me.

Billy

未读,
2011年1月26日 18:46:392011/1/26
收件人
In article <-s2dncnpQ4NQM93Q...@insightbb.com>,
"Colbyt" <colbyt@-SPAMBLOCK-lexkyweb.com> wrote:

> A quick snap of the neck seems more humane to me.

I've thought about it, but the little rat keeps running away ;O)

Oren

未读,
2011年1月26日 19:31:562011/1/26
收件人

Certainly. A hangman's noose for rats would possibly work.

aemeijers

未读,
2011年1月26日 19:53:372011/1/26
收件人
Better that than a smelly cat box (and yes, they ALL do smell- the
owners are just desensitized), and a cat that starts trashing furniture
and becoming crazy and/or obese from lack of stimulation and exercise.
And before you say it, I consider declawing to be animal cruelty. How
would you like the last joint of all your fingers and toes cut off?

Sorry, 'indoor only' cats may live longer, but they aren't cats any
more. I could never do that to a sentient creature.

--
aem sends...

jellybean stonerfish

未读,
2011年1月26日 22:29:532011/1/26
收件人
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:25:23 -0500, willshak wrote:

> jellybean stonerfish wrote the following:

>> Why would you keep your cats locked up inside?
>>
>> Animal cruelty.
>>

> Keeps them clean and free of burrs, ticks, and fleas. Keeps them from
> getting killed by cars, dogs, or cat haters, or being carried away by
> hawks.

Would you be happy, living a comfortable life in a jail. Most cats need
open space to explore. Deprived of that, they get depressed.

jellybean stonerfish

未读,
2011年1月26日 22:35:092011/1/26
收件人
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:46:39 -0800, Billy wrote:

> In article <-s2dncnpQ4NQM93Q...@insightbb.com>,
> "Colbyt" <colbyt@-SPAMBLOCK-lexkyweb.com> wrote:
>
>> A quick snap of the neck seems more humane to me.
>
> I've thought about it, but the little rat keeps running away ;O)

Time to bring the cats back into the thread....

Harry K

未读,
2011年1月27日 10:59:082011/1/27
收件人
On Jan 26, 3:31 pm, "Colbyt" <col...@-SPAMBLOCK-lexkyweb.com> wrote:
> "Oren" <O...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

Being "humane" is the reason I will never, ever use a 'glue trap'
again. One time was enough to turn my stomach.

Harry K

The Daring Dufas

未读,
2011年1月27日 12:58:232011/1/27
收件人

You should see what a rat trap does to a mouse. The look on the face
of the little mouse conveys extreme surprise and shocked disbelief
after the bar crushes its little backside. The last ultrasonic squeak
of WTF in mouse-speak is frozen in its tiny countenance forever or
until it is consumed by other smaller vermin or it desiccates and
eventually turns to dust. :-)

TDD

Oren

未读,
2011年1月27日 18:08:282011/1/27
收件人

Speaking of "humane" disposition of rats and mice: Flour & cement
powder can't be an easy way to die.

A rat shows up in the local emergency room with a trap snapped around
his neck. No insurance or any papers.

The ER nurse exclaims: "You have to tell us what is wrong."

The Daring Dufas

未读,
2011年1月27日 18:39:222011/1/27
收件人
> Speaking of "humane" disposition of rats and mice: Flour& cement

> powder can't be an easy way to die.
>
> A rat shows up in the local emergency room with a trap snapped around
> his neck. No insurance or any papers.
>
> The ER nurse exclaims: "You have to tell us what is wrong."

Back in the early 70's I had a handlebar on a Honda 750 snap off at
100mph. I hitched a ride to the emergency room and when I walked in,
a nurse rushed up to me and exclaimed "Oh my God you had a motorcycle
accident!" I answered "No lady I fell out of an airplane." She said
"Well come over here and fill out this paperwork." I was standing
there with blood dripping off the end of my fingers, my clothes were
tattered and bloody and my helmet looked like it had been pushed up
against a big grinding wheel at various angles. Another nurse walked
up and said to the first nurse "Shut up, put him in there." It was one
of the more interesting experiences in my life. :-)

TDD

Bob Villa

未读,
2011年1月27日 18:58:312011/1/27
收件人
On Jan 27, 5:39 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky.net>
wrote:

> On 1/27/2011 5:08 PM, Oren wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:58:23 -0600, The Daring Dufas
> > <the-daring-du...@stinky.net>  wrote:

100mph! That's where you get your name!

The Daring Dufas

未读,
2011年1月27日 19:45:412011/1/27
收件人

Yea, I passed a tractor trailer rig that was doing 80 and I was on foot. :-0

TDD

Oren

未读,
2011年1月27日 20:42:062011/1/27
收件人
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:39:22 -0600, The Daring Dufas
<the-dari...@stinky.net> wrote:

In a fairly routine I would take individuals in the ER. The nurses
constantly would ask "what is wrong with him?"

Finely after getting a case of the ass, blurting out -- "this one has
4 - 6 stab wounds in his chest ... red foam is gurgling from his
chest... he ran out of air or is about to."

Then I told her to stabilize him and we can get 'em to "Danville".

Gas Bag

未读,
2011年1月30日 05:53:512011/1/30
收件人
On Jan 26, 10:58 pm, Gas Bag <shazl...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> I've recently come across some articles that mention you can make your
> own "non-toxic" rat/mouse posion by making a 50:50 mixture of regular/
> corn flour and cement powder.  They eat the mixture, then go in search
> of water.  Once they drink some water....game over.  I have a few
> specific questions, in relation to this D.I.Y. rat poison.
>
> - How effective is this mixture at killing rats and/or mice?
>
> - Assuming you place this mixture indoors (e.g. in the roof space),
> will this poison ONLY take effect once the rodent goes outside for a
> drink of water?  The reason being, I'd want to avoid at-all-costs
> having Ratty "snuff it" in my roof space, then having the most God-
> awful smell to contend with a few days later.
>
> - Is there anything that can be added to this mixture that would make
> it extremely enticing to rats and/or mice?  e.g. Powdered parmesan
> cheese, sugar, salt, a little soy/fish sauce, some type of finely
> chopped meat (raw or cooked)?  I am just taking a wild guess here, as
> I don't know what would attract them.
>
> - Most of all, would tile grouting powder, used for bathroom tiling,
> work just as well as cement powder in this D.I.Y. mixture?
>
> I really would appreciate some advice.  Thanks.

Quite a lot of replies, but I am hoping someone can actually respond
specifically to my queries. Where I may place a flour/cement mix,
there would be no other animals, only rats or mice. Totally sealing
up the roofspace 100% is not a viable option at the moment.

Brooklyn1

未读,
2011年1月30日 11:06:112011/1/30
收件人

Why not?

Bob F

未读,
2011年2月2日 15:38:522011/2/2
收件人
aemeijers wrote:

>> And keeps them from digging up the neighbor's freshly planted
>> veggies and pooping in their spinach.
>>
>> I have to put screens over the beds whenever I plant because of
>> neighbor's uncontrolled cats.
>>

> Better that than a smelly cat box (and yes, they ALL do smell- the
> owners are just desensitized), and a cat that starts trashing
> furniture and becoming crazy and/or obese from lack of stimulation
> and exercise. And before you say it, I consider declawing to be
> animal cruelty. How would you like the last joint of all your fingers
> and toes cut off?
> Sorry, 'indoor only' cats may live longer, but they aren't cats any
> more. I could never do that to a sentient creature.

But you have no hesitation to do a number on your neighbors with your cats.

Bob Villa

未读,
2011年2月2日 16:08:032011/2/2
收件人

What about mine..."D'CONcrete is whot make it work mon!"

Brooklyn1

未读,
2011年2月2日 16:26:202011/2/2
收件人
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:38:52 -0800, "Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

People who put house cats out can't possibly care about their pets any
more than people who put their five year olds out to play on the
freeway. Domesticated cats are not ferral, they have very few outdoor
survival skills if any. Most folks who are annoyed by their neighbors
pet cats will shoot them. .177 pellet guns make no noise and leave no
identifying traces.. more cats die from gun shot than from any other
cause. Anyone who puts a house cat out because they think they are
harming a sentient creature by keeping it indoors is a pinhead with a
lower IQ than any cat. And cats don't smell, not unless they are ill.
Exuding no odor is just one way how nature made felines one of the
best hunters on the planet, which is why they also bury their waste,
the only animal that does. Naturally the lazy bastards that don't
regularly clean the cat box are who smell, not the cat. Humans
smell... and I'm positive if I ever visited your terlits I'd about die
from the stench.

jellybean stonerfish

未读,
2011年2月3日 02:51:072011/2/3
收件人
On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:26:20 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Better that than a smelly cat box (and yes, they ALL do smell- the
>>> owners are just desensitized), and a cat that starts trashing
>>> furniture and becoming crazy and/or obese from lack of stimulation and
>>> exercise. And before you say it, I consider declawing to be animal
>>> cruelty. How would you like the last joint of all your fingers and
>>> toes cut off?
>>> Sorry, 'indoor only' cats may live longer, but they aren't cats any
>>> more. I could never do that to a sentient creature.
>>
>>But you have no hesitation to do a number on your neighbors with your
>>cats.

I made a nice toilet for my cat, outside. I filled some planters with a
nice sand. One, the most used by the cat, is 50 feet long, by 3 feet
wide. There are enough plants, where the cat has privacy. There is no
problem with too many poops, as they just decompose, the sprinklers come
on every other day. Also my yard has other areas for the cat to poo,
hang out and play in. The dog also likes to be in the yard, and protects
the cat from any larger creatures that may stray in. The cat can come inside
when it wants to. Sometimes, when we leave the animals are all locked
outside with food and water. I taught the dog to be ok when left alone.
As a puppy, I made sure he had plenty of alone time, and plenty of time
with strangers. I didn't want my pet to be dependent on me for comfort.
Of course the dog and cat love to come in at night, but a couple of times
a week I make them stay out, to maintain their comfort with being alone.

It is late, forgive me for grammar or spelling mistakes.

Billy

未读,
2011年2月3日 13:43:272011/2/3
收件人
In article <pkhjk61jaumb5hlmc...@4ax.com>,
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:38:52 -0800, "Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Better that than a smelly cat box (and yes, they ALL do smell- the
> >> owners are just desensitized), and a cat that starts trashing
> >> furniture and becoming crazy and/or obese from lack of stimulation
> >> and exercise. And before you say it, I consider declawing to be
> >> animal cruelty. How would you like the last joint of all your fingers
> >> and toes cut off?
> >> Sorry, 'indoor only' cats may live longer, but they aren't cats any
> >> more. I could never do that to a sentient creature.
> >
> >But you have no hesitation to do a number on your neighbors with your cats.

(1)

> People who put house cats out can't possibly care about their pets any
> more than people who put their five year olds out to play on the
> freeway.

(2)

> Domesticated cats are not ferral, they have very few outdoor
> survival skills if any.

(3)

> Most folks who are annoyed by their neighbors
> pet cats will shoot them. .177 pellet guns make no noise and leave no
> identifying traces.. more cats die from gun shot than from any other
> cause.

(4)

> Anyone who puts a house cat out because they think they are
> harming a sentient creature by keeping it indoors is a pinhead with a
> lower IQ than any cat.

> And cats don't smell, not unless they are ill.
> Exuding no odor is just one way how nature made felines one of the
> best hunters on the planet, which is why they also bury their waste,
> the only animal that does.

> Naturally the lazy bastards that don't
> regularly clean the cat box are who smell, not the cat. Humans
> smell... and I'm positive if I ever visited your terlits I'd about die
> from the stench.

God, where to begin?

(1) Citation other than your backside, please. Can you name a study
supporting this view?

(2) Learn spelling and meaning of word before you use it.
Feral (F-E-R-A-L): in a wild state, esp. after escape from captivity or
domestication : a feral cat. Domesticated cats are not feral by
definition.

(3) The leading causes of death in cats: Feline diabetes, AIDS, and
Kidney failure.

(4) People will let a cat out, because that is where the cat wants to be.
I'm sure with exercise, you could grow up to be a pin-head yourself.

(5) "Exuding no odor is just one way how nature made felines one of the
best hunters on the planet."- Citation please to support this statement.

Cats have scent glands along the tail, on each side of their head, on
their lips, base of their tail, chin, near their sex organs, and between
their front paws. They use these glands to scent mark their territory.
When the cat rubs you, he is marking you with his scent, claiming you as
"his." Too, he is picking up your scent. Cats rub up against furniture
or doorways for the same reason - to mark the item as "his". (Urine
spraying is also a territorial marking, by the way.)
<http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/whycat.htm>
----

Shelly is our group's version of Ruppert Murdock's Fox News. The more
you listen to him, the less you know.
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vN0--mHug

Billy

未读,
2011年2月3日 13:59:402011/2/3
收件人
In article
<Wildbilly-D9C17...@c-61-68-245-199.per.connect.net.au>,
Billy <Wild...@withouta.net> wrote:

(5)

In feral cat colonies, subordinate cats cover their waste, while
dominant ferals leave it conspicuously uncovered. Most indoor cats bury
their waste, possibly to display subordination to their humans.
Sometimes in multi-cat households, however, the dominant cat will leave
waste uncovered to indicate his status.
<Ibid>

> ----

Shelly is our group's version of Ruppert Murdock's Fox News. The more
you listen to him, the less you know.
--
- Billy

Gilla Badaloo

未读,
2016年4月14日 09:44:052016/4/14
收件人
replying to Frank, Gilla Badaloo wrote:
I have done it before. Jamaicans always do this and its a real killer, lol, I
just set some as well. I have to do it like once every 3 years. So now is a
bit later than usual but I saw a mice and I have to get rid of it. The point.
The instant they consume the mixture, they do realize something odd and just
like us, we want something to flush it down, so they search, i normally set a
container cause I am a nice rat killer. Yes you may put cheese and meat to
attract them, It is just an additional treat. Oh, the smell, get prepared, its
either you deal with the smell or you deal with leptustirosis. I choses smell.
I allow my pup to search and then we keep a memorial.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-617335-.htm

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年4月14日 11:44:032016/4/14
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
I would out it outside around the house. They will find it I think.

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年4月14日 11:44:032016/4/14
收件人
replying to jellybean stonerfish, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
Cats work well also as rat and mice preventers. Especially outdoor barn cats
who live outside all the time

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年4月14日 11:44:032016/4/14
收件人
replying to ransley, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
They smell the flour in the mixture and eat that getting cement as a by
product which kills them.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/garden/flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-95144-.htm

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年4月14日 11:44:032016/4/14
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
Tile grout will work too. It is very effective but I don't know how you can
know where they will die. I would put out straight flour for a week the add
cement. The lime in cement helps with smell somewhat . I never add anything to
it as I don't want it to spoil and smell. They est it just fine as is.

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年4月14日 13:44:032016/4/14
收件人
replying to ransley, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
THEY ARE SELLING IT. CEMENT...AND FLOUR....

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年4月14日 13:44:032016/4/14
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
Living on a farm you have barn cats that live outside year round even in cold
climates. They are great hunters and the only issue is they get the song birds
too at times.

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年4月14日 13:44:042016/4/14
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
They can smell the flour from a long ways away. You have to understand they
are busy creatures and go quite a ways in search of food. I place it in dry
areas under trailers, along the side of the house, in the garage and barns.
Usually put out a pan of water too. They can smell that a long ways too I
believe.

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年7月29日 08:44:032016/7/29
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
Works extremely well. I go more flour to cement if they are reluctant to eat
it. Grout works fine.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-617335-.htm

Robert

未读,
2016年8月21日 22:44:022016/8/21
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Robert wrote:
This recipe works, I tried cornmeal ( 1 teaspoon) mixed it with 1 teaspoon of
hydraulic cement because I had some at home. Put it out in the deck where I
saw their droppings. In a day or two at the most, I got two of them drowned in
my swimming pool skimmer. It works very well. For those with pets, put it in a
mason jar, or something they can't get into. The corn meal may also attract
ants, so I used Diatomaceous Earth to kill them. Just sprinkle some of that
on the ants and they dehydrate and die. But for killing mice, this mixture
works very well and its cheap.

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

未读,
2016年8月24日 15:46:472016/8/24
收件人
"Robert" <caedfaa9ed1216d60e...@example.com> wrote in message news:973cb$57ba66f1$a2d350aa$28...@news.flashnewsgroups.com...
> replying to Gas Bag, Robert wrote:
> This recipe works, I tried cornmeal ( 1 teaspoon) mixed it with 1 teaspoon of
> hydraulic cement because I had some at home. Put it out in the deck where I
> saw their droppings. In a day or two at the most, I got two of them drowned in
> my swimming pool skimmer. It works very well. For those with pets, put it in a
> mason jar, or something they can't get into. The corn meal may also attract
> ants, so I used Diatomaceous Earth to kill them. Just sprinkle some of that
> on the ants and they dehydrate and die. But for killing mice, this mixture
> works very well and its cheap.

I'd like to try this out on roof rats. I have one of these empty bromadiolone containers. The hole is supposed to be small enough to keep squirrels, etc., out.

Cylinder is 14-in long, 4-1/2-in OD with one 1-7/8-in dia hole in one end, cut offcenter, near the left side. It has two semicircular pieces of thin metal with a 1-7/8-in hold cut in each one that lines up with the main opening. They cylinders are laid on the side, with the opening at the left side. Sketch...

http://i63.tinypic.com/241jm74.gif

Sassy

未读,
2016年10月31日 23:14:032016/10/31
收件人
replying to The Daring Dufas, Sassy wrote:
Lol, I can't help it but you guys have me cracking up tonight, I swear I was
searching the recipe for the cement mouse bait so I can get rid of these
pathetic mice that seems to be too smart for my traps and I tell you I had
some stomach aching laughs tonight. Lol. I wish I could see the look on the
mouse face and I hope I catch these bastards and get rid of them ASAP and
hopefully they'll have the same look

Sassy

未读,
2016年10月31日 23:14:032016/10/31
收件人
replying to Billy, Sassy wrote:
Lol, that was really funny but you told them

Sassy

未读,
2016年10月31日 23:14:032016/10/31
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, Sassy wrote:
I apologize but I couldn't help but laugh at what you said to that person. But
I do agree with you

Kevin Kirkpatrick

未读,
2016年11月1日 08:14:032016/11/1
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
There are no guarantees where they will die. I just use flour and cement.
Works every time.

frosty.

未读,
2016年11月28日 07:44:032016/11/28
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, frosty. wrote:
Cause they're cats you cretin, not goldfish.

Have your hysterics in a Safe Space with the other children.

jbonnet

未读,
2016年12月13日 14:14:022016/12/13
收件人
replying to Billy, jbonnet wrote:
We bought a house last year and the previous owner put rat poison EVERYWHERE.
We are still finding packets tucked in corners of the house, and we are still
finding dead rats on the property (we live on 5 acres in the forest). We are
against the use of poisons because of the collateral damage such as pets.
Earlier this year we found the most gorgeous fox dead on our spring box -- it
was in search of water and likely died from eating a poisoned rat. If we
poison the rats and mice, we poison the beautiful forest we live in. Traps are
the way to go, if you must, but sealing up the house is the best option.

Rusty Fox

未读,
2016年12月14日 18:44:032016/12/14
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, Rusty Fox wrote:
Yet further evidence that you are uneducated. Only one 'r' in 'feral'. I'm
surprised you could spell IQ correctly! Now, do you know what IQ means? Of
course not...

Rusty Fox

未读,
2016年12月14日 18:44:032016/12/14
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, Rusty Fox wrote:
OMG - cats outdoors? Are you kidding? Everybody knows that cats live in
houses. Before people kept cats as pets, cats used to build the most
magnificent houses from rainbows and wishes. They often had pet unicorns too,
who bred mice and rats for the cats to eat at parties they hosted for fairies
and elves and Santa and the Easter Bunny.

I doubt that you'd be capable of tying a knot.

Tdp

未读,
2017年1月24日 07:44:042017/1/24
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Tdp wrote:
Did you get an answer to your question about mice? I cleaned my garage today
and suddenly saw one trying to climb up our brick into my bathroom window. I
want to kill them and deter them. I can't bait them. Do you have any new
ideas? Please email me - tammyd...@yahoo.com. I'm terrified of them.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-617335-.htm

Yo

未读,
2017年3月27日 08:14:042017/3/27
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, Yo wrote:
Okay so they're one of the best hunters on the planet yet simultaneously have
no survival skills. Dude get out of here with your alternative facts. I'm
sorry someone shot your cat once but that's very rare and if its not I want
cited proof, not your word.

cj

未读,
2017年7月31日 15:44:052017/7/31
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, cj wrote:
I used the flour and cement mixture, then I just started using the cement
alone. To attract the rats I buy a bag of gum drops. I mash them up and run a
little water over them to make them sticky. I put them in a little container
and pour the cement over them. The rats love them. So far the rats/mice seem
to run outside. I've picked up dead ones outside. They don't seem to hide in
the walls or wherever. Dogs and cats are not attracted to this, and shouldn't
be harmed.-cj

bandmaster

未读,
2017年11月14日 14:14:052017/11/14
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, bandmaster wrote:
Because cats are animals and they can live outside. Animals live their whole
lives outside.

larryw...@gmail.com

未读,
2017年11月16日 20:54:112017/11/16
收件人
To a cat, the world is their sandbox.

Really Disgusted

未读,
2017年12月15日 16:44:062017/12/15
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Really Disgusted wrote:
This is one of the most disturbing ideas I have heard in a long time. What an
incredibly slow and painful way to die. This is beyond cruel. Have you given
any thought to what you are considering? Perhaps the novel idea was funny at
first? This is demented.

Pen68

未读,
2018年3月21日 10:44:052018/3/21
收件人
replying to Gilla Badaloo, Pen68 wrote:
How do you make it? My rodents are smart and nothing is working. I put steel
wool in the opening that they were coming in so apparently they made another
somewhere else

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/re-flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-884552-.htm

Cheri

未读,
2018年3月21日 14:41:302018/3/21
收件人
In article <p8tsit$119d$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, n...@quite.yet says...

> On 3/21/2018 10:44 AM, Pen68 wrote:
> > replying to Gilla Badaloo, Pen68 wrote:
> > How do you make it? My rodents are smart and nothing is working. I put
> > steel
> > wool in the opening that they were coming in so apparently they made
> > another
> > somewhere else
> >
> Sheldon Katz puts his skank wife's granny panties in the rat hole and
> the rats run away vomiting up blood.
>
> Just sayin'.

https://imgur.com/a/Odjyk YIKES!

Hank Rogers

未读,
2018年3月21日 15:07:512018/3/21
收件人
Ha Ha Ha. Those PenFart pictures always make me laugh! That man should
have been a comedian.

elt...@yahoo.com

未读,
2018年5月12日 22:21:112018/5/12
收件人
I love your response. People don’t realize that everyone doesn’t live in an apartment or in the city. I’ve had cats growing up but no more. I stick to dogs who can live in and outdoors. To me, it’s more cruel keeping an animal in a cage like a house, removing their claws, and not let them live their lives to the fullest. I don’t like seeing jaguars, tigers, or cougars in a little cage. I would rather have cats living outside to use their natural instincts to hunt than live with mice and rats running around on my property as they carry deadly diseases and ruin everything.

Gum Boocho

未读,
2018年5月29日 17:14:042018/5/29
收件人
replying to Frank, Gum Boocho wrote:
IMHO traps may not work since the mice may continue & reproduce while you kill
a lot of mice without extermination.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-617335-.htm

Antoinette Blunt

未读,
2018年6月13日 09:44:062018/6/13
收件人
replying to Gum Boocho, Antoinette Blunt wrote:
At the same time the reproducing mice have to eat and so do their off springs,
so in a since you're killing two birds with one stone. Plus you are stopping
their future existence.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/re-flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-1167973-.htm

Antoinette Blunt

未读,
2018年6月13日 09:44:062018/6/13
收件人
replying to ransley, Antoinette Blunt wrote:
Does your dog eat paper, wood, or peppermint? If yes to paper and pieces of
wood and no to any form of peppermint. I would be worried that your dog's diet
is like mice or rats, because they would eat just about anything.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-617335-.htm

shanti...@gmail.com

未读,
2018年11月14日 18:39:022018/11/14
收件人
If you put something wet to the mix the cement will harden when dry and the rat won't eat it then. When the rats eat the dry mix then search for water the cement will get wet and hard and will kill the rat.

shanti...@gmail.com

未读,
2018年11月14日 18:39:022018/11/14
收件人

Martin Eastburn

未读,
2018年11月17日 16:11:192018/11/17
收件人
We don't own any cats. We have several 'wild' cats that move in and out
of our small farm.
Every now and then we know when one ventured to close to a big snake and
they are found dead. Cats kill small snakes. I have King snakes that
eat rattle snakes. They love
to move through a nesting area and have an early lunch. Kings don't
bother people or anything but snakes. Coral snakes look like them but
are eaten by Kings.

East Texas is home to some large and deadly snakes. The big nasty one
attacks for fun.
It can 'leap' 6-8 feet from where it is lying. Can kill a grown person
within steps from attack.

Martin

On 4/14/2016 12:44 PM, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
> replying to Brooklyn1, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
> Living on a farm you have barn cats that live outside year round even in
> cold
> climates. They are great hunters and the only issue is they get the song
> birds
> too at times.

penm...@aol.com

未读,
2018年11月17日 19:15:232018/11/17
收件人
Bullshit, feral cats very rarely bother birds... why waste energy
hunting critters that can fly off when rodents are far easier prey.
It's house cats that people let out that go after birds... house cats
are well fed so they hunt birds for entertinment.
Barn cats don't hunt birds, barn cats hunt the rodents that are eating
the livestock feed

Hank Rogers

未读,
2018年11月17日 19:57:042018/11/17
收件人
Popeye, pull up yoose pants, and put yoose tallywhacker back in, and zip up!

And quit humping those damn stray cats ... yoose gonna get yoose little
tool scratched one of these days.

Jack Granade

未读,
2018年11月18日 12:48:412018/11/18
收件人
On 11/17/2018 7:15 PM, penm...@aol.com Sheldon wrote:

> Bullshit, feral cats very rarely bother birds... why waste energy
> hunting critters that can fly off when rodents are far easier prey.
> It's house cats that people let out that go after birds... house cats
> are well fed so they hunt birds for entertinment.
> Barn cats don't hunt birds, barn cats hunt the rodents that are eating
> the livestock feed

Do they allow cats in your HUD apartment, Sheldon?

jmcquown

未读,
2018年11月20日 14:35:042018/11/20
收件人
He's not allowed near play grounds.

David

未读,
2018年11月29日 07:44:032018/11/29
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, David wrote:
Your comment is out of order. Nobody "needs to be poisoned" for making a
mistake.

David

未读,
2018年11月29日 07:44:042018/11/29
收件人
replying to Brooklyn1, David wrote:
> more cats die from gun shot than from any other cause.

Old age no longer factors into the death of cats?

Bf

未读,
2019年6月9日 09:44:052019/6/9
收件人
replying to Gas Bag, Bf wrote:
You need to also add a generous amount of salt, about 1tablespoon per mugfull
of mixture. Remove all drinking sources from inside and setup a few water
stations outside this will draw them out to drink so they don't die.inside

Gmcman28

未读,
2019年6月24日 17:44:042019/6/24
收件人
replying to Pen68, Gmcman28 wrote:
Spray foam !! Used it in the storage locker where my boss used to store his
Potato Chips. Quit having mouse problems after that..

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-617335-.htm

larrysb...@gmail.com

未读,
2019年8月11日 04:55:102019/8/11
收件人
Snap traps and cage traps with peanut butter work for me. Trying 50/50 cement and corn meal right now.

Dnti keave friut on trees or groubpnd.

rosh colman

未读,
2019年8月11日 08:02:512019/8/11
收件人
🙌🏼100 msjs £58
👊🏼Xanax 100 for 80
😈tramadol 10 a strip
Quetiapine teva ! 60 taps £35
😍 gabapentin teva 100 caps £45
😎Naproxen teva ! 500mg 28 tabs £25
🤪dibhdrocodeine 30mg £30
😈Zops £10 strip
malaseanuse88 @ gmail . com

Leo Mikhaylov

未读,
2020年10月22日 19:56:282020/10/22
收件人
On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:58:22 AM UTC-8, Gas Bag wrote:
> I've recently come across some articles that mention you can make your
> own "non-toxic" rat/mouse posion by making a 50:50 mixture of regular/
> corn flour and cement powder. They eat the mixture, then go in search
> of water. Once they drink some water....game over. I have a few
> specific questions, in relation to this D.I.Y. rat poison.
> - How effective is this mixture at killing rats and/or mice?
> - Assuming you place this mixture indoors (e.g. in the roof space),
> will this poison ONLY take effect once the rodent goes outside for a
> drink of water? The reason being, I'd want to avoid at-all-costs
> having Ratty "snuff it" in my roof space, then having the most God-
> awful smell to contend with a few days later.
> - Is there anything that can be added to this mixture that would make
> it extremely enticing to rats and/or mice? e.g. Powdered parmesan
> cheese, sugar, salt, a little soy/fish sauce, some type of finely
> chopped meat (raw or cooked)? I am just taking a wild guess here, as
> I don't know what would attract them.
> - Most of all, would tile grouting powder, used for bathroom tiling,
> work just as well as cement powder in this D.I.Y. mixture?
> I really would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

They do eat the mixture especially if you cook the flour in a frying pan until it turns slightly brown, then mix in the concrete. I don't know what happens to the rats because mine are outdoors underground.

Dbryan

未读,
2020年12月1日 20:15:052020/12/1
收件人
I use this and it works great- I use a yogurt container to keep it contained and dry by the chickens.I use chick starter feed and cement

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/flour-cement-powder-rat-poison-queries-617335-.htm

Briscoe

未读,
2020年12月9日 19:02:282020/12/9
收件人
Sometimes you have to start with higher percentage of flour. They will die where they die. No guarantees. As they learn to eat it increase dry cement. At least my dogs and cats didn't eat it. Kills all rodents.

RonTheGuy

未读,
2021年4月2日 02:12:442021/4/2
收件人
On Dec 09, 2020, Briscoe wrote
(in article<news:164f31fac4ba98bd$1$927026$4036...@news.newsgroupdirect.com>):

> Sometimes you have to start with higher percentage of flour.

Glutin free?

Ron, the humblest guy in town.

Una

未读,
2021年4月18日 19:31:022021/4/18
收件人
Ah u must be American. most of yr urban wildlife- aka birds, small mammals, lizards etc already dead due to pussycats.
Here in Australia, cats are considered feral animals altho they are still widespread as pets. They kill native birds, small possums, etc at a rate of about 100/year. Most rodent poisons have a secondary kill in them which takes out owls and other predators who eat the poisoned rodent.
Try the cement flour method and leave access to water right outside the building w the infestation. Might just do the trick without harm to native wildlife.

Frank

未读,
2021年4月18日 19:39:572021/4/18
收件人
On 4/18/2021 7:31 PM, Una wrote:
> Ah u must be American.  most of yr urban wildlife- aka birds, small
> mammals, lizards etc already dead due to pussycats.
> Here in Australia, cats are considered feral animals altho they are
> still widespread as pets.  They kill native birds, small possums, etc at
> a rate of about 100/year.  Most rodent poisons have a secondary kill in
> them which takes out owls and other predators who eat the poisoned
> rodent. Try the cement flour method and leave access to water right
> outside the building w the infestation.  Might just do the trick without
> harm to native wildlife.

Might be of interest to note that rodents cannot throw up. Once they
swallow a poison they can only excrete it. That is one reason why they
are used to test toxicity of substances.

Rod Speed

未读,
2021年4月18日 22:22:562021/4/18
收件人
Una <5274cb8756bfd0f9...@example.com> wrote

> Ah u must be American. most of yr urban wildlife- aka birds, small
> mammals, lizards etc already dead due to pussycats.

> Here in Australia, cats are considered feral animals

So are humans.

> altho they are still widespread as pets.

Funny that.

> They kill native birds, small possums, etc at a rate of about 100/year.

Bullshit they do.

> Most rodent poisons have a secondary kill in them which takes out owls and
> other predators who eat the poisoned rodent.

They don’t get to eat the ones that die in my house.

> Try the cement flour method and leave access to water right outside the
> building w the infestation.

Doesn’t work.

> Might just do the trick without harm to native wildlife.

More mindless bullshit.
Pity that’s 10 years old. Try reading more often.

Peeler

未读,
2021年4月19日 04:59:072021/4/19
收件人
On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 12:22:46 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest trollshit unread>

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID: <g4t0jt...@mid.individual.net>

GearGirl81

未读,
2021年5月19日 09:45:042021/5/19
收件人
Wow could you possibly be more ignorant?! Cats have this little thing they do, ya might of heard of it before, it's called "instinct"... Where do you believe that comes from??? Humans did not create cats either, however humans were the ones to forcibly domesticate them. I've never once come across one of the creatures on the "right side" of any door. Most do prefer to be outside fyi, regardless of what your preferences are. Let me guess, you're probably one of those vegan activists who've also went against what's scientifically proven to be best for proper feline health, only feeding the poor malnourished thing to eat only salads... People like you should have to take a full course in how to properly and HUMANLY car for any/all pets.

rbowman

未读,
2021年5月19日 21:47:062021/5/19
收件人
On 05/19/2021 07:45 AM, GearGirl81 wrote:
> Wow could you possibly be more ignorant?! Cats have this little thing
> they do, ya might of heard of it before, it's called "instinct"... Where
> do you believe that comes from??? Humans did not create cats either,
> however humans were the ones to forcibly domesticate them. I've never
> once come across one of the creatures on the "right side" of any door.
> Most do prefer to be outside fyi, regardless of what your preferences are.

Cat seems happy sitting on my lap getting petted but it's chilly and
rainy outside. If he gets the urge to go out he know enough to scratch
on the door. I didn't exactly domesticate him either. He was pretty
feral when I put some food out for other cats but soon decided regular
meals were a good thing and became territorial.

Peeler

未读,
2021年5月20日 04:17:182021/5/20
收件人
On Wed, 19 May 2021 19:47:01 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> Cat seems happy sitting on my lap getting petted but it's chilly and
> rainy outside. If he gets the urge to go out he know enough to scratch
> on the door. I didn't exactly domesticate him either. He was pretty
> feral when I put some food out for other cats but soon decided regular
> meals were a good thing and became territorial.

What got the cat to say about your endless self-admiring gossiping, senile
bigmouth? Or will you stay quiet for a short time (which I don't believe)
when he allegedly sits on your senile lap, so close to your ever-prattling
gob?

Tekkie©

未读,
2021年5月20日 16:52:562021/5/20
收件人

On Wed, 19 May 2021 19:47:01 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...
Cats are cats. Mine likes regular food, litter box, pets, etc. She trained me,
not the other way around. Rescue cat. Must be a PETA poster.

--
Tekkie

rbowman

未读,
2021年5月20日 22:07:022021/5/20
收件人
This one isn't big on pets. There are a couple of other cats that he
will tolerate eating from his bowl but mostly any cat that wanders in
the yard is in for an ass-kicking. A friendly tabby was rubbing my legs
when I was getting in the car yesterday so I put some Friskies in a dish
for her at the end of the driveway. No go. He left his full bowl to run
her off.

Peeler

未读,
2021年5月21日 03:59:212021/5/21
收件人
On Thu, 20 May 2021 20:06:58 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> This one isn't big on pets. There are a couple of other cats that he
> will tolerate eating from his bowl but mostly any cat that wanders in
> the yard is in for an ass-kicking. A friendly tabby was rubbing my legs
> when I was getting in the car yesterday so I put some Friskies in a dish
> for her at the end of the driveway. No go. He left his full bowl to run
> her off.

You are some real narcissistic wordy bigmouth, lowbrowwoman! LOL No wonder
you got no one in RL to talk to (just like a few other demented senile
bigmouths trolling here). <G>

Tekkie©

未读,
2021年5月24日 14:05:432021/5/24
收件人

On Thu, 20 May 2021 20:06:58 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...
He's the Alpha male of the family!

--
Tekkie

Una

未读,
2022年4月19日 22:02:122022/4/19
收件人
HA. No way I can seal openings to my house...I'd have to rebuild the monster. BUT one benefit, I do have a huge carpet snake who reigns supreme in the roof cavity and have had no rats/mice since in there. BUT the sheds on our place are home sweet home to them and I do use poison there to control the numbers. ALWAYs make sure the bait is inside a container to keep domestic pets, owls, children from getting into it. OR fasten the pellets w holes thru em with wire to weights so rodents can't drag it outside. which they will do. then u risk killing pets, kids, raptors etc. a big NO NO.
I use the flour/cement so there's no risk of secondary kill...altho I'm sure anything eating a rat w cement guts will get severe indigestion- i'm hoping they're smart enough to spit out the bad bits. Another thing, when u find dead rodents from baiting...please do bury them really deep, perhaps w a rock on em too to protect wildlife.

Una

未读,
2022年4月19日 23:31:532022/4/19
收件人
You need to keep them inside because they are adept murderers of wildlife. They say approximately 120 birds/mammals die yearly for each cat left to roam outside. CATS ARE FERAL ANIMALS HERE. I love cats but would never have one that roamed outside. I'd have a cat door into a screened outdoor cat room. Sorry but we've been slackers for far too long on this. IF you love cats...you gotta make the space to suit them. DIY wouldn't cost u much so that's the cost of responsible pet ownership.
正在加载更多帖子。
0 个新帖子