Sega Sorta Christmas 2014

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Dec 25, 2014, 10:05:12 AM12/25/14

It's a Sega Sorta Christmas! Every year we try to make on-topic content at
rec.games.video.sega outnumber the advertising and the textbook piracy
posts by talking about the way Sega influences our holiday gift-giving and
leisure activities. How Sega was your Christmas in 2014?

As has been my habit for a few years now, I make a point of buying a
truckload of cheap Sega Saturn games from one of the notable retro dealers
on the Internet. This year the venerable Goat Store won me over with their
revamped web site and I ended up picking up a pile of redundant Saturn
games for a song, including JPN-region versions of Virtua Fighter 2, Last
Bronx, Sega Rally and Daytona. Obviously I already own US-region versions
of those games, but VF2 in particular is supposed to be notable for a few
tweaks. I also picked up some JPN-exclusive gems like Aqua World (another
aquarium sim) and Quo Vadis (a terrible SRPG whose sequel I happened to
have already picked up last year.) Notable in this year's haul is Jikuu
Tantei Dracula Detective, an FMV adventure not unlike Mansion of Hidden
Souls. It comes on two disks, the first of which is a two-hour intro
segment that's completely non-interactive. I wish so much that more Saturn
games were localized. My collection of 200+ games constitutes maybe one
eighth of the total library across all regions.

I used to play VF2 a lot, and it's only recently that I've rediscovered my
love for the game. As a result I was inspired to have VF2 with me on the
road and went hunting for the old Sega Expert series of PC releases from
the mid-nineties, which were mostly Saturn ports meant to run (very
poorly) on Windows 95. I discovered that there's also a later PC port of
Daytona that includes the odd "To The Max" variant that only appeared in a
few arcades, as well as a track exclusive to the Windows port. So I've now
picked up a few extra Sega PC disks to go with my copies of Panzer Dragoon
and Last Bronx. This includes Sega Rally, Sega Touring Car, Sonic R, and a
bunch of the the later PC ports like Crazy Taxi and Sega Rally Revo.
Essentially the gaming laptop is becoming one giant portable Saturn and/or
Dreamcast as the occasion warrants, although the performance of everything
that's not a fighting game leaves a bit to be desired.

It's also been time to expand the Sega CD collection again. The list
shrank a little bit at the beginning of the millennium, partly for
practical reasons and partly because the collector bug hadn't really bit
me yet. So I've spent a little time buying terrible games that I once
traded away for peanuts. Chief among these has been the Frankestein/
Dracula two pack, a pair of Sony Imagesoft games adapted from the DeNiro
and Hopkins movies respectively. They're terrible games by any measure,
but Frankenstein has a little camp value for its method of resolving
combat via a fighting game engine not unlike the worst Street Fighter
clones.

Finally, the local game store shopping resulted in some plugged gaps in
Sega's earliest third-party days. Specifically, I picked up a nice copy of
the Playstation 2 port of Crazy Taxi, the original release with the
strategy guide packed in. Also in the pile was the Gamecube game Amazing
Island, which I have yet to play but that I hear good things about.

So how Sega was your Christmas this year? I'm interested to hear, and so
are the other three guys who read the group.

-KKC, who also has Flight Simulator X to install at some point today.
--
-- "Nativity scene! That's baby Jay-Z, and that's Run-DMC | kendrick
giving him props! For they knew he was Hova the Jiggaman | @ io-nyc

BelPowerslave

Dec 27, 2014, 10:48:02 PM12/27/14
> It's a Sega Sorta Christmas! Every year we try to make on-topic content at
> rec.games.video.sega outnumber the advertising and the textbook piracy
> posts by talking about the way Sega influences our holiday gift-giving and
> leisure activities. How Sega was your Christmas in 2014?

Yeah, that dickhead with the textbooks wears me out to no end. I don't
get how he can continue to do it without someone, somewhere going after
him. Then again, I haven't seen one of his bullshit posts in a
while...maybe he's gone.

> As has been my habit for a few years now, I make a point of buying a
> truckload of cheap Sega Saturn games from one of the notable retro dealers
> on the Internet. This year the venerable Goat Store won me over with their
> revamped web site and I ended up picking up a pile of redundant Saturn
> games for a song, including JPN-region versions of Virtua Fighter 2, Last
> Bronx, Sega Rally and Daytona. Obviously I already own US-region versions
> of those games, but VF2 in particular is supposed to be notable for a few
> tweaks.

I know about the tweaks in Sega Rally(the Netlink version is based off
the Japanese version), but I hadn't heard anything on VF2, LB or
Daytona(unless we're talking about CCE, of which I own...and love).

> I also picked up some JPN-exclusive gems like Aqua World (another
> aquarium sim) and Quo Vadis (a terrible SRPG whose sequel I happened to
> have already picked up last year.) Notable in this year's haul is Jikuu
> Tantei Dracula Detective, an FMV adventure not unlike Mansion of Hidden
> Souls. It comes on two disks, the first of which is a two-hour intro
> segment that's completely non-interactive. I wish so much that more Saturn
> games were localized. My collection of 200+ games constitutes maybe one
> eighth of the total library across all regions.

Even if some of those games got a minimal translation job, I think it'd
of made a big difference for the Saturn in the US. The biggest blunder,
imo, had to be Grandia. You've got a system like the Saturn that "can't
do 3D", and yet Grandia's world is fully 3D with sprite
characters...completely showing up the PSX and FF7. Now all people
really know about Grandia is that watered-down version the PSX.

I need to see if any group out there has done a fan translation for
Grandia on the Saturn....I could just burn a copy and play it my modded
unit. That'd be nice. The most I've ever experience with it is the
"Grandia Prelude" disc...which is still pretty hip, but all in Japanese.

> I used to play VF2 a lot, and it's only recently that I've rediscovered my
> love for the game. As a result I was inspired to have VF2 with me on the
> road and went hunting for the old Sega Expert series of PC releases from
> the mid-nineties, which were mostly Saturn ports meant to run (very
> poorly) on Windows 95.

Yeah, I remember that series...sadly, it's tough to get any of them
running via Windows nowadays(unless something has changed).

> I discovered that there's also a later PC port of
> Daytona that includes the odd "To The Max" variant that only appeared in a
> few arcades, as well as a track exclusive to the Windows port.

Hmmmm, that is interesting. Now, is the PC port of Daytona based on the
original Saturn version, or CCE?

> So I've now
> picked up a few extra Sega PC disks to go with my copies of Panzer Dragoon
> and Last Bronx. This includes Sega Rally, Sega Touring Car, Sonic R, and a
> bunch of the the later PC ports like Crazy Taxi and Sega Rally Revo.

One thing I did find interesting is that a lot of the Genesis ports in
the Sega PC line had completely redone soundtracks. If you get a chance,
try out Garfield...I like the Genesis version's soundtrack and the PC
version is pretty good as well.

> Essentially the gaming laptop is becoming one giant portable Saturn and/or
> Dreamcast as the occasion warrants, although the performance of everything
> that's not a fighting game leaves a bit to be desired.

I've still yet to attempt Saturn or DC emulation. I've got a modded
Saturn that can play CD-Rs(got it a few years back), and the DC has no
issue with CD-Rs, so I guess I just never found any use for it.

> It's also been time to expand the Sega CD collection again. The list
> shrank a little bit at the beginning of the millennium, partly for
> practical reasons and partly because the collector bug hadn't really bit
> me yet. So I've spent a little time buying terrible games that I once
> traded away for peanuts. Chief among these has been the Frankestein/
> Dracula two pack, a pair of Sony Imagesoft games adapted from the DeNiro
> and Hopkins movies respectively. They're terrible games by any measure,
> but Frankenstein has a little camp value for its method of resolving
> combat via a fighting game engine not unlike the worst Street Fighter
> clones.

I've not tried Frankenstein, but I did find the FMV backgrounds of
Dracula to be pretty hip. The rest of the game is awful(I love how you
slowly make your way through the levels, basically just trying to avoid
enemies), so I agree with you there.

Have you played Dracula on the Genesis? Much different and actually
alright. Not sure about Frankenstein, but it may be very different as well.

> Finally, the local game store shopping resulted in some plugged gaps in
> Sega's earliest third-party days. Specifically, I picked up a nice copy of
> the Playstation 2 port of Crazy Taxi, the original release with the
> strategy guide packed in. Also in the pile was the Gamecube game Amazing
> Island, which I have yet to play but that I hear good things about.

My girlfriend has a Wii and I keep meaning to attempt this whole "Billy
Hatcher" thing via the GC disc. Have you ever tried that one? I looks
alright, but past his stages on the Sonic racing games, I've not seen a
whole lot of it. I keep meaning to try PSO Ep3, though I know it's
completely different than the others.

> So how Sega was your Christmas this year? I'm interested to hear, and so
> are the other three guys who read the group.

That's about right. Do you ever take a look at Alt.Sega.Genesis? Some of
the craziest stuff seems to pop up there, like people responding to
posts from years and years ago, etc.

> -KKC, who also has Flight Simulator X to install at some point today.

You'll not impress me until you tell me you're installing one of those
RC Plane/Chopper sims, complete with the USB controller that looks like
one of those bulky-ass, impossible to use radio controllers.

http://www.realflight.com/

Sold a few of these over the years...installed one, just to sort of see
how it went...fuck me, are those things hard to control! I don't think I
ever got the plane to stay in the air for more than a few seconds, and I
rammed the chopper in the ground constantly. Still, I guess it's better
than spending hundreds assembling one only to do it for real. ;)

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Ah no....not Toilet Duck again. You know what that does to you...you'll
be seeing the pink elephants again."
- Father Ted

---

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Dec 28, 2014, 8:07:38 AM12/28/14
In article <m7nugq$r48$1...@dont-email.me>,
BelPowerslave <b...@whipassgaming.com> wrote:
>> It's a Sega Sorta Christmas! Every year we try to make on-topic content at
>> rec.games.video.sega outnumber the advertising and the textbook piracy
>> posts by talking about the way Sega influences our holiday gift-giving and
>> leisure activities. How Sega was your Christmas in 2014?

<snip>

>> I discovered that there's also a later PC port of
>> Daytona that includes the odd "To The Max" variant that only appeared in a
>> few arcades, as well as a track exclusive to the Windows port.
>
>Hmmmm, that is interesting. Now, is the PC port of Daytona based on the
>original Saturn version, or CCE?

It appears to be the CCE code, with the better draw distance and the
higher-resolution textures. With all seven tracks, as well as weather and
time-of-day settigns that you can configre before each race, it's totally
worth having. My copy came from an Amazon dealer and I think it was five
bucks to own.

>> Finally, the local game store shopping resulted in some plugged gaps in
>> Sega's earliest third-party days. Specifically, I picked up a nice copy of
>> the Playstation 2 port of Crazy Taxi, the original release with the
>> strategy guide packed in. Also in the pile was the Gamecube game Amazing
>> Island, which I have yet to play but that I hear good things about.
>
>My girlfriend has a Wii and I keep meaning to attempt this whole "Billy
>Hatcher" thing via the GC disc. Have you ever tried that one? I looks
>alright, but past his stages on the Sonic racing games, I've not seen a
>whole lot of it. I keep meaning to try PSO Ep3, though I know it's
>completely different than the others.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg is the full title, isn't it? My memory is
that it's one of the experimental variatns on the whole platformer-puzzle
thing, since you have to manipulate the giant egg as well as jumping
around and doing the usual thing to shift blocks or push buttons. It's not
bad, but you're not really missing anything for not having played it.

-KKC, checking to see how many Sega PSP games he's got.

Sparc IPX

Dec 29, 2014, 12:10:11 PM12/29/14
Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kend...@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> ... Quo Vadis (a terrible SRPG whose sequel I happened to
> have already picked up last year.)

QV wasn't *that* bad. I did enjoy the sequel a great deal more, however.

> I used to play VF2 a lot, and it's only recently that I've rediscovered my
> love for the game.

VF2 was excellent - lost many, many hours of my life to that one. The
only game to take up more of my time was SD Gundam G-Century (which was a
*HUGE* letdown after having played the excellent SD Gundam G-Next on the
Super Famicom).

Benjamin

Dec 31, 2014, 5:36:44 PM12/31/14
On Thursday, December 25, 2014 9:05:12 AM UTC-6, Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:

> So how Sega was your Christmas this year? I'm interested to hear, and so
> are the other three guys who read the group.

I finally acquired a Trinitron. I initially got a great deal on a 36" set, but it was far too heavy and bulky for me to move up the stairs, so I gave it to a neighbor and settled for a 27" one. So, I've been revisiting my collection using my SCART-to-component cables on a proper set. This month I found time to play Suchie Pai 2, Astal, Elevator Action Returns, and am currently making my way through The Story of Thor 2.

I was disappointed to see some Saturn games I used to own are missing, and I can only assume at some point I sold them long ago. This is why you don't see Christmas NiGHTS up there. :/ I bought a cheap cardboard sleeve version of Virtua Fighter 2 to run on the set since I used to enjoy just letting watch mode run on end. I'm really impressed by how well it holds up visually.

My Christmas Sega purchase is limited to that Steam Genesis collection, which was on sale for $5.99. It's not a particularly well designed collection, but the game selection is nice and looks pretty good from the bit I spent with it. Seems silly since I have most of the games and would rather play them on my X'Eye, but I figured it'd be nice to have.

Ben

Benjamin

Dec 31, 2014, 5:45:02 PM12/31/14
On Saturday, December 27, 2014 9:48:02 PM UTC-6, BelPowerslave wrote:

> My girlfriend has a Wii and I keep meaning to attempt this whole "Billy
> Hatcher" thing via the GC disc. Have you ever tried that one? I looks
> alright, but past his stages on the Sonic racing games, I've not seen a
> whole lot of it. I keep meaning to try PSO Ep3, though I know it's
> completely different than the others.

Billy Hatcher is pretty great. I love the soundtrack and style of the game. It won't blow you away, but it's worth giving a shot.

You know, I always wanted to try PSO Ep3, too, but for some reason never got around to it. I'll have to make a point to get it soon.

It's not Sega, but my favorite Wii exclusive is Little King's Story. It's a pretty brilliant game. The Wii has a reputation for shovelware, but it does have some good stuff worth checking out.

Ben

BelPowerslave

Jan 8, 2015, 11:01:20 PM1/8/15
> I finally acquired a Trinitron. I initially got a great deal on a 36" set, but it was far too heavy and bulky for me to move up the stairs, so I gave it to a neighbor and settled for a 27" one.

I ran into the same issue with a 36" Panasonic Pana-black set...broke my
heart to have to give it up(especially as it was only $20 at Salvation
Army) but, like your experience, I had to give it up as it was just way,
way too heavy. At some point I'm hoping to run in to a 32", or just
something more manageable.

> So, I've been revisiting my collection using my SCART-to-component cables on a proper set. This month I found time to play Suchie Pai 2, Astal, Elevator Action Returns, and am currently making my way through The Story of Thor 2.

How is Story of Thor 2? I finally got around to trying the first one on
Genesis a long while back and was just blown away with it. Didn't SoT2
come to the US Saturn? I swear I remember owning it at some point...

> I was disappointed to see some Saturn games I used to own are missing, and I can only assume at some point I sold them long ago.

Same here...luckily, I ran into a guy who was selling one of those
modded Saturn units, that one that will play CD-Rs. I was thrilled to
death! Finally, I can try out stuff like Panzer Saga and all these other
titles I missed out on due to SOA's inability to distribute more than 10
copies for the entire US.

> This is why you don't see Christmas NiGHTS up there. :/ I bought a cheap cardboard sleeve version of Virtua Fighter 2 to run on the set since I used to enjoy just letting watch mode run on end. I'm really impressed by how well it holds up visually.

It really is something to see...I just wish that Fighters MegaMix could
have run in the same high-res mode.

> My Christmas Sega purchase is limited to that Steam Genesis collection, which was on sale for $5.99. It's not a particularly well designed collection, but the game selection is nice and looks pretty good from the bit I spent with it. Seems silly since I have most of the games and would rather play them on my X'Eye, but I figured it'd be nice to have.

Yeah, I bought that Sega Genesis Gold Collection for PC, the physical
version...just to sort of have; I haven't opened now do I think I ever
will. Like you, I'd rather just play it on the real hardware. Makes the
Genesis EverDrive that much more tempting, knowing you can have the
entire Genesis library on one cart *and* play it on the real hardware...

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"You're just an empty cage girl, if you kill the bird"
- Tori Amos, Crucify

BelPowerslave

Jan 8, 2015, 11:04:56 PM1/8/15
>> My girlfriend has a Wii and I keep meaning to attempt this whole "Billy
>> Hatcher" thing via the GC disc. Have you ever tried that one? I looks
>> alright, but past his stages on the Sonic racing games, I've not seen a
>> whole lot of it. I keep meaning to try PSO Ep3, though I know it's
>> completely different than the others.
>
> Billy Hatcher is pretty great. I love the soundtrack and style of the game. It won't blow you away, but it's worth giving a shot.

Maybe I'll try it out at some point...it's probably pretty cheap nowadays.

> You know, I always wanted to try PSO Ep3, too, but for some reason never got around to it. I'll have to make a point to get it soon.

I did own it at some point, but I think I didn't get much past the
tutorial mode before I sold it, and all my GC stuff off(this was when I
actually owned a GC, with the GBA Player, but just sold it all off as it
wasn't doing a lot for me). I do like that the Wii allows for GC
playback, though...to me, the Wii isn't much, nor is the GC, but combine
them and it's not too shabby at all.

> It's not Sega, but my favorite Wii exclusive is Little King's Story. It's a pretty brilliant game. The Wii has a reputation for shovelware, but it does have some good stuff worth checking out.

I may have to look in to that one. My favorite games on the Wii are
Mario Kart Wii(those bikes just make it), Tatsunoko vs Capcom(better
than regular MvsC3 imo), F-Zero GX(GC) and a few of the Wiiware games
are pretty good too(that Castlevania REbirth is too cool).

Good to hear from you, man! KKC, you too! I miss RGVS...

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"I'll tell you something, you show me anyone who will eat lima beans
without being at gunpoint and I'll show you a pervert!"
- Gaspar, Paladin of the Lost Hour

Benjamin

Feb 4, 2015, 7:32:34 AM2/4/15
On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 10:01:20 PM UTC-6, BelPowerslave wrote:
> > I finally acquired a Trinitron. I initially got a great deal on a 36" set, but it was far too heavy and bulky for me to move up the stairs, so I gave it to a neighbor and settled for a 27" one.
>
> I ran into the same issue with a 36" Panasonic Pana-black set...broke my
> heart to have to give it up(especially as it was only $20 at Salvation
> Army) but, like your experience, I had to give it up as it was just way,
> way too heavy. At some point I'm hoping to run in to a 32", or just
> something more manageable.

Yep, and I visit my neighbor fairly often, and it kinda hurts each time I see it there. I'm about to get rid of an old 42" 720p HDTV which I could surely get her to swap it back for, but the bulk and weight issues remain. Sometimes I wish I had taken that first floor unit when it came available. We recently had to turn down an amazing find at a thrift store, a really nice, fancy, heavy oak entertainment cabinet just because it was far too big and heavy to bring in.

> > So, I've been revisiting my collection using my SCART-to-component cables on a proper set. This month I found time to play Suchie Pai 2, Astal, Elevator Action Returns, and am currently making my way through The Story of Thor 2.
>
> How is Story of Thor 2? I finally got around to trying the first one on
> Genesis a long while back and was just blown away with it. Didn't SoT2
> come to the US Saturn? I swear I remember owning it at some point...

It got a Western release. It's just one of those games I sold thinking I'd make due with the cheaper Japanese version.

It's a great game. Sometimes I love revisiting a game when I barely remember it. As much as I love, say, Gunstar Heroes, I play it often enough that all of the "magic" is gone. The Legend of Oasis is really well made. I love the puzzle and dungeon design. I think the way combat engine, layout, and challenge make it feel special for what probably gets dismissed as a Zelda clone. It's definitely one of the Saturn's better games, and the Genesis original is well made, too, even better in some aspects (more enemy variety).

Ben

Benjamin

Feb 4, 2015, 7:58:32 AM2/4/15
On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 10:04:56 PM UTC-6, BelPowerslave wrote:

> > You know, I always wanted to try PSO Ep3, too, but for some reason never got around to it. I'll have to make a point to get it soon.
>
> I did own it at some point, but I think I didn't get much past the
> tutorial mode before I sold it, and all my GC stuff off(this was when I
> actually owned a GC, with the GBA Player, but just sold it all off as it
> wasn't doing a lot for me). I do like that the Wii allows for GC
> playback, though...to me, the Wii isn't much, nor is the GC, but combine
> them and it's not too shabby at all.
>
> > It's not Sega, but my favorite Wii exclusive is Little King's Story. It's a pretty brilliant game. The Wii has a reputation for shovelware, but it does have some good stuff worth checking out.
>
> I may have to look in to that one. My favorite games on the Wii are
> Mario Kart Wii(those bikes just make it), Tatsunoko vs Capcom(better
> than regular MvsC3 imo), F-Zero GX(GC) and a few of the Wiiware games
> are pretty good too(that Castlevania REbirth is too cool).

F-Zero GX is another I never tried though I did play it at an arcade for a moment. That's another I still need to play "one of these days." :p

> Good to hear from you, man! KKC, you too! I miss RGVS...
>
> Bel

Same, and me too. I think that was the most fun I had playing games in general between the discussions here, the discovery of imports, and being surrounded by the games I love. I still enjoy playing games, of course, but it's not the same.

I see you around Sega-16 sometimes and check out your site when I come across your name there, so that's something. :p

Ben

BelPowerslave

Feb 4, 2015, 3:26:59 PM2/4/15
> Yep, and I visit my neighbor fairly often, and it kinda hurts each time I see it there. I'm about to get rid of an old 42" 720p HDTV which I could surely get her to swap it back for,
> but the bulk and weight issues remain. Sometimes I wish I had taken that first floor unit when it came available. We recently had to turn down an amazing find at a thrift store, a really nice,
> fancy, heavy oak entertainment cabinet just because it was far too big and heavy to bring in.

Yeah, it's the same around here...every Goodwill we visit, *every*
CRT-based TV is either $0.99 or $1.00(no shit). I just keep hoping to
run in to a decent 27"...but everytime I find something I like it's
either A) way too heavy or B) way too beaten up. Some day I'll get
another CRT TV...I just hope it's someday soon.

> It got a Western release. It's just one of those games I sold thinking I'd make due with the cheaper Japanese version.

As long as you can make your way through the text, there are a lot of
Japanese versions that are much, much cheaper than their US
Counterparts. That Panzer Dragoon Saga, Japanese version, is so fucking
cheap it actually hurts...

> It's a great game. Sometimes I love revisiting a game when I barely remember it. As much as I love, say, Gunstar Heroes, I play it often enough that all of the "magic" is gone.
> The Legend of Oasis is really well made. I love the puzzle and dungeon design. I think the way combat engine, layout, and challenge make it feel special for what probably gets dismissed as
> a Zelda clone. It's definitely one of the Saturn's better games, and the Genesis original is well made, too, even better in some aspects (more enemy variety).

With my memory as bad as it is, it only takes a few years and I'm about
to where I only vaguely remember a lot of these games...sadly. Still,
the good part is that, like you mention, it's nice to come back to
something somewhat familiar, but still so very new. I have put some time
in with the Genesis version and was just thrown back at how great it
really is.

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com

"Everybody steals in commerce and industry. I've stolen a lot myself,
but I know how to steal."
- Thomas Edison

BelPowerslave

Feb 4, 2015, 3:36:58 PM2/4/15
> F-Zero GX is another I never tried though I did play it at an arcade for a moment. That's another I still need to play "one of these days." :p

The arcade version is actually different than the GC version, as far as
I know(one is "GX" the other is "AX", I think). At any rate, they still
play similarly, so it just comes down to tracks and racers, I'd imagine.
At any rate, it's damn good...Sega racing and its most extreme(it's just
so beyond-belief-fast). The few GameStops that still have GC stock, this
game is always only $5 or so.

> Same, and me too. I think that was the most fun I had playing games in general between the discussions here, the discovery of imports, and being surrounded by the games I love.
> I still enjoy playing games, of course, but it's not the same.

Yeah, I don't think it will ever get better than it did when RGVS/ASG
were in their prime. Granted, there was a lot of Saturn bashing, and
towards the end of the DC days it was nothing but crossposting by that
cunt "Radeon" and all his various identities, but past that it was just
Sega fans talking about Sega gaming...really good stuff.

Not to self-promote or anything, but rather just a fun trip down memory
lane(if you haven't already), but sure to check out the collection of
RGVS Memorable Quotes I've assembled...

http://whipassgaming.com/rgvsquotes.html

I still love going through it and reading some of those...too funny.

> I see you around Sega-16 sometimes and check out your site when I come across your name there, so that's something. :p

It's amazing how many links from S16 lead back to WAG...it's also
amazing how little I've done with it in years now. It's
depressing...back when I used to work on it virtually every day, I kept
telling myself that I'd never let it go the way of other sites, where
the work just stopped and the owner just walked away from it...but,
shit, I'm halfway there. Maybe once I can get back into the groove of it
all, I'll pump some more content into it(I've got so many pieces of game
music I'd like to add to the Sound{e}scapes section).

Thanks for the kind words, btw, it's nice to hear from a fellow RGVS'er. :)

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
"Some motherfuckers are always tryin' to ice skate uphill."

Tim Miller

Oct 18, 2017, 3:54:05 PM10/18/17
Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kend...@nospam.io-nyc> wrote in

> It's a Sega Sorta Christmas! Every year we try to make on-topic
> content at rec.games.video.sega outnumber the advertising and the
> textbook piracy posts by talking about the way Sega influences our
> holiday gift-giving and leisure activities.

*Every* year?

Tim (tm)

--
Gaming journals: http://xexyz.blogspot.com