ID: somekind of wierd d-kong board

Brian Kirby

Dec 12, 2000, 5:47:35 AM12/12/00
I was cleaning up my mess of boards while I'm relocating all my arcade stuff
and I stumbled accross a wierd board.

It is Blue. There is what looks like a donkeykong screened in yellow wtih a
big K on his chest in the top corner of the board marked JK-02B . There is
two pots above "the kong" for the v-pos, h-pos . There is two boards
to the set. It's 22/44 pin

What is this board?

The problem, It was given to me from the local repair shop, but every
socketed chip was removed. (20 total, processors and all)

Thanks for any help offered
Brian

MacMan

Dec 12, 2000, 7:50:53 AM12/12/00
Brian,

Just a guess but there was a blue solder mask Donkey Kong Junior that
was called Junior King (JK)... I had it a while back. I don't remember
the big K on donkey kongs chest... but it could be something. Try and
burn a set of bootleg DK Jnr's and see if they roughly match.

The H Pos and V pos pots are a bit of a mystery though.

Cheers
MacMan

In article <bnnZ5.2941$jo.35...@tomcat.sk.sympatico.ca>, "Brian

chumblespuzz

Dec 12, 2000, 12:18:24 PM12/12/00
Does it look like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=520634359

-r-

"MacMan" <rgvac...@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message

Brian Kirby

Dec 12, 2000, 3:55:03 PM12/12/00
Almost identical, except the ribbon/wire cable in bottom left of the 2nd
and 3rd pictures. And the kong screening on the board.

Mine is dark blue aswell.

Han Kouh

Dec 13, 2000, 3:31:03 AM12/13/00

I had the same exact board. It's a bootleg Donkey Kong Jr board. I just
sold it and shipped it out yesterday. The two pots(v-pos and h-pos) adjust
the horizontal and vertical positions. There should be a third pot for
volume on the other board. The board has normal video signals.

Cya,
Han

Brian Kirby <john...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message