Small tournament report and TWD for the Swedish National Championship

Forhead

Sep 30, 2010, 11:00:54 AM9/30/10
44 People gathered to participate in the second Swedish National
Championship. It was with great sadness and in a spirit of revenge
that we started to play Vtes – just the day before we had got the news
about the death of Vtes. In spite of this the day turned out great!
Fortunaley we had some time to discuss how the swedish vtes players
should countinue without production.

I would like to thank everyone for showing up, it may sound cheesy –
but without you there wouldn't have been any Championship. A special
mentioning should go toward the Finns and the Danes – thank you for
crossing the seas!

I would also like the mention the two new play groups which have
entered the tournament scene; The Uppsala group and the Sundsvall
group. It's great that new player keep on coming.

A big thanks to my brother Adam Esbjörnsson and to our mother for
hosting sofas, beds and floors for most of the out-of-town players.
Thanks to Henrik Ericsson for helping me judge and clean up. And
thanks to Helena Löf for making sure that I ate some.

And also thanks to Nusser & Walch for the fast delivery of all prizes
and prize support.

The final table seating was as follows:
Erik Torstensson (SWE)(Girls will find...)-->
Daniel Teige (SWE)(Midcap Kindred Spirits)-->
Kasper Kristensen (DEN) (Ventrue Breed/boon/KRC)-->
Anders Löf (SWE)(DOM/ANI toolbox)-->
Otto Kukkasniemi (FIN) (AUS weeine)-->

Daniel put some early preasure on Kasper, Kasper responded by going
backwards with some KRCs. Daniel eventually got Kasper out. At this
point he was really weak and Erik got him out after alot of talking
and DI/Approximation of loyalty/Sudden/ touch of clarity manuvers.
The table timed out with Erik, Otto and Anders left.

Erik 1,5
Daniel 1
Otto 0,5
Anders 0,5
Kasper 0

On Sunday there were the National Draft Championship. We drafted 2
SoC, 2 BH and 4 3rd. Playing 2 rounds and a final. The Draft were won
by me, with a deck based around Aksinya and anarch revolts.

Isak Bjärmark Esbjörnsson,
National Coordinator Sweden

Swedish National Championship 2010
Örebro, Sweden
September 11, 2010
44 Players
3R + F

Erik Torstensson's Tournament Winning Deck with 1,5 VPs in the Finals

Deck Name : Girls will find...
Author : Erik Torstensson
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 9 max: 11 average: 10

4x Cybele 10 ANI DAI OBF PRE SER THA
Baali:4
4x Aksinya Daclau 9 ANI FOR PRE PRO cel tha !
Gangrel:4
1x Adana de Sforza 11 CEL OBF POT PRE PRO aus inner circle
Brujah:4
1x Lutz von Hohenzoll 11 AUS DEM OBF PRE pot inner circle
Malkavian:4
1x Mistress Fanchon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF THA VIC inner circle
Tremere:4
1x Rafael de Corazon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF PRE inner circle
Toreador:4

Library [82 cards]

Action [4]
1x Entrancement
2x Intimidation
1x Unleash Hell's Fury

Action Modifier [16]
2x Aire of Elation
1x Approximation of Loyalty
1x Cloak the Gathering
2x Elder Impersonation
1x Enkil Cog
2x Faceless Night
1x Into Thin Air
2x Lost in Crowds
2x Mirror Walk
2x Perfect Paragon

Combat [4]
4x Majesty

Event [2]
2x Anthelios, The Red Star

Master [48]
9x Ashur Tablets
1x Blind Spot
1x Coven, The
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fortschritt Library
1x Giant's Blood
2x Golconda: Inner Peace
2x Information Highway
2x Jake Washington (Hunter)
8x Liquidation
1x Metro Underground
1x Misdirection
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
7x Villein
1x Wash
5x Zillah's Valley

Political Action [4]
1x Ancient Influence
1x Banishment
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Reins of Power

Reaction [4]
1x Guard Dogs
2x Lost in Translation
1x Rat's Warning

The Other finalists

Kasper Kristensen
Crypt

Rufina Soledad
Itzahk Levine
Roland Loussarian
Gideon Fontaine x2
Violette Prentiss
Courtland Leighton
Ranjan Rishi
Melissa Barton
Jazz Wentworth
Heather Florent
Sir Walter Nash

Library

Antediluvian Awakening x2
Archon Investigation
Fear of Mekhet
Sudden Reversal x2
Ventrue Directorate Assembly x3
Ventrue Headquaters x2
Wash x2
The Embrace x8
Judgment: Camarilla Segregation x2
Consanguineous Boon x7
Kine Resources Contested x15
Praxis Seizure: Barcelona
Praxis Seizure: Boston
Praxis Seizure: Cleveland
Praxis Seizure: Dublin
Praxis Seizure: Geneva
Praxis Seizure: Glasgow
Praxis Seizure: Stockholm
Ventrue Justicar x2
My Kin Against the World x2
Majesty x4
Bewitching Oration x4
Voter Captivation x6

Deck Name: Seinä
Author: Oko (Otto Kukkasniemi)

Crypt (13 cards; Capacity min=1 max=4 avg=2.62)
1x Almiro Suarez 2 aus Tremere:3
4x Anarch Convert 1 -none- Caitiff:ANY
1x David Morgan, The Scourge 3 aus pot Malkavian:3
1x Idalia, Prophet of Guadalajara 4 dem AUS !Malkavian:2
1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS Toreador:2
1x Maldavis 4 for pre AUS Caitiff:3
1x Martin Franckel 3 tha AUS Tremere:3
1x Remilliard, Devout Crusader 4 pre AUS !Toreador:2
1x Richard Tauber, Ayelea's Puppet 4 tha AUS !Tremere:2
1x Zöe 3 cel obf AUS Malkavian:2

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (20)
3x Anarch Revolt
2x Direct Intervention
1x Erciyes Fragments, The
1x Guardian Angel
4x Life in the City
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
2x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
3x Vessel
1x Lilith's Blessing

Event (1)
1x Waiting Game

Action (1)
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal

Equipment (6)
1x .44 Magnum
1x Flak Jacket
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow
1x Kevlar Vest
1x Sniper Rifle

Ally (3)
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Neighborhood Watch Commander (Hunter)
1x Ossian

Reaction (48)
2x Delaying Tactics
9x Eagle's Sight
4x Enhanced Senses
3x Eyes of Argus
7x Forced Awakening
2x Melange
5x My Enemy's Enemy
3x On the Qui Vive
3x Precognition
3x Spirit's Touch
7x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (11)
2x Aura Reading
2x Dodge
3x Target Vitals
2x Taste of Vitae
2x Weighted Walking Stick

Deck Name: KS
Created By: Daniel Teige

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 24, Avg: 5.25)
1 Jackie DEM 3 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Bela ani obf pro DEM3 Malkavian
1 Apache Jones aus for obf DEM5 Malkavian
Antitribu
2 Arthur Denholm obf AUS DEM 5 Malkavian
2 Hagar Stone obf AUS DEM 6 Malkavian
Antitribu
2 Gem Ghastly aus DEM OBF 6 Malkavian
3 Morel AUS DEM OBF 6 Malkavian

Library: (63 cards)
-------------------
Master (4 cards)
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Anarch Troublemaker
1 Pentex Subversion

Action (17 cards)
14 Kindred Spirits
3 Madman`s Quill

Action Modifier (24 cards)
12 Confusion
2 Elder Impersonation
3 Lost in Crowds
1 Cloak the Gathering
1 Spying Mission
2 Faceless Night
3 Eyes of Chaos

Reaction (8 cards)
4 Telepathic Misdirection
2 On the Qui Vive
2 Eyes of Argus

Combat (3 cards)
2 No Trace
1 Gemini`s Mirror

Combo (7 cards)
3 Touch of Clarity
1 Swallowed by the Night
1 Hide the Mind
2 Deny

Anders Löf's DOM/ANI toolbox

3x Julio Martinez 9 ANI DOM OBF POT nec bishop !Nosferatu: 3
2x Gustaphe Brunnelle 8 ANI DOM POT obf primogen Nosferatu:4
1x Petra 5 ANI OBF aus Nosferatu:4
1x Beetleman 4 ANI obf Nosferatu:4
1x Bobby Lemon 4 ANI pro Gangrel:3
1x Paulo de Castille 4 ani dom pot Lasombra:4
1x Black lotus 3 DOM obf ser aus Follower of Set:4
1x Stick 3 ANI !Nosferatu: 4
1x Halim bey 6 DOM SER tha obf Follower of set: 4

Library [77 cards]
Action [14]
6x Deep Song
8x Govern the Unaligned
1x Abbot
Action Modifier [10]
3x Conditioning
2x Faceless Night
1x Into Thin Air
3x Lost in Crowds
1x Veil the Legions
Combat [26]
10x Aid from Bats
2x Canine Horde
9x Carrion Crows
2x Target Vitals
3x Taste of Vitae
Event [1]
1x Dragonbound
Master [4]
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fame
1x Haven Uncovered
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Dominate
1 Lillth Blessing
Reaction [15]
1x Cats' Guidance
6x Deflection
1x Delaying Tactics
1x Guard Dogs
1x Rat's waring
2x On the Qui Vive
2x Sense the Savage Way
1x Wake with Evening's Freshness
Retainer [3]
2x Raven Spy

Henrik R.

Oct 1, 2010, 4:09:06 AM10/1/10

> I would also like the mention the two new play groups which have
> entered the tournament scene; The Uppsala group and the Sundsvall
> group. It's great that new player keep on coming.

Sorry for hogging the thread like this, but I just moved to Uppsala
and am considering getting involved in (at least) semi-regular casual
playing if there's anything like that going on. Do you know if the
Prince listed for Uppsala on the WW page is still active (knowing the
WW page and the frequency with which it gets updated..), or whether I
should try getting in touch with someone else?

Thanks,
-Henrik.

Forhead

Oct 1, 2010, 10:15:05 AM10/1/10

The guy listed in the Prince list is not the right guy to contact. E-
mail me at isakbe (at] gmail [d ot]com

Isak

svensven

Oct 1, 2010, 10:18:36 AM10/1/10

Uppsala was one of two places one could get Carbon-14 dating done. The
other was my Alma Mater, The University of Michigan.

Random trivia

Matt

Stefan

Oct 1, 2010, 11:43:16 AM10/1/10
On 30 Sep, 17:00, Forhead <isa...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   1  Apache Jones                       aus for obf DEM5  Malkavian
> Antitribu

And as usual you can read about the event from a loser's point of view
at: http://beerandjyhad.blogspot.com/2010/09/swedish-nationals-tournament-report.html

/ Stefan