[REPORT] Smash and Grab: Boston

Ben Peal

Sep 4, 2003, 8:03:30 PM9/4/03
.

So...er...two Saturdays ago we had a constructed deck tournament,
and then I ran off to DragonCon and am just now typing up the
report. :) Only 8 players this time, but two of them were new,
and Andreas Nusser from Germany was in town!

Round One

Matt Hirsch 0
Dan Pichette 1
Greg Pettigrew 0
Ben Swainbank 3

Andreas Nusser 2
Scott Gomes 0
Ryan Pettigrew 0
Ben Peal 2

Round Two

Greg Pettigrew 0
Andreas Nusser 0
Ben Swainbank 4
Scott Gomes 0

Ryan Pettigrew 0
Matt Hirsch 0
Ben Peal 3
Dan Pichette 1

Round Three

Scott Gomes 0.5
Matt Hirsch 1.5
Ben Swainbank 0
Ryan Pettigrew 0.5

Ben Peal 0
Greg Pettigrew 4
Dan Pichette 0
Andreas Nusser 0

Finals

Andreas Nusser 2
Dan Pichette 0
Ben Swainbank 0
Greg Pettigrew 1
Ben Peal 2

So, 'cause I was higher ranked going into the finals, I won. However,
I think Ben Swainbank's Kyoko Protocol deck was the strongest one at
the tournament, and he's been terrorizing us with it for the past month
or so. He just didn't draw into bounce when he needed it, against Greg's
Lasombra stealth-bleed-vote deck. :(

Final standings:

1. Ben Peal 2 GW, 5 VP, 2 VP in finals
2. Andreas Nusser 0 GW, 2 VP, 2 VP in finals
3. Greg Pettigrew 1 GW, 4 VP, 1 VP in finals
4. Ben Swainbank 2 GW, 7 VP, 0 VP in finals
5. Dan Pichette 0 GW, 2 VP, 0 VP in finals
6. Matt Hirsch 0 GW, 1.5 VP
7. Scott Gomes 0 GW, 0.5 VP
8. Ryan Pettigrew 0 GW, 0.5 VP

The winning deck:

The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Deck

Deck Name: The Stay-Puff Marshmallow Deck
Created By: Ben Peal
Coyote and the Sabbat trifle, except that I didn't have any Hungry
Coyotes, so I choose the Anarch route. Hesha is the deck's star
player, helping you bloat for 2 or 3 per turn. Greta and Jost Enchant
down and handle the bulk of the auspex defense. Try to give Kyoko the
Unlicensed Taxicab if you can so that she can hunt for extra blood
(via Hospital Food) at +2 stealth. Important: save the Direct
Interventions for Dramatic Upheaval, Kindred Restructure, and Protect
Thine Own. Props to Andreas Nusser for suggeting Form of Corruption -
it causes your prey to slow down and not get away from you while
you're building up.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 14, Max: 27, Avg: 5.42)
4 Hesha Ruhadze ani obf pre SER 6, Followers of Set
1 Hadrian Garrick obf pre 4, Followers of Set
3 Greta Kircher AUS CEL obf PRE 7, Toreador Antitribu
1 Jost Werner ani AUS PRE 6, Toreador Antitribu
1 Kyoko Shinsegawa aus cel dom for 5, Tremere
1 Lena Rowe aus obf pre 3, Pander
1 Krid obf 2, Nosferatu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (26 cards)
2 Anarch Free Press (The)
1 Anarch Railroad
1 Barrens, The
8 Blood Doll
1 Coven, The
2 Direct Intervention
8 Galaric`s Legacy
2 Hospital Food
1 Opium Den

Action (16 cards)
2 Embrace, The
11 Enchant Kindred
1 Entrancement
2 Form of Corruption

Action Modifier (21 cards)
4 Change of Target
4 Cloak the Gathering
3 Domain of Evernight
4 Faceless Night
3 Lost in Crowds
3 Spying Mission

Reaction (14 cards)
2 Enhanced Senses
6 Telepathic Misdirection
6 Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (8 cards)
8 Majesty

Equipment (2 cards)
1 Aaron`s Feeding Razor
1 Unlicensed Taxicab

Combo (3 cards)
3 Swallowed by the Night

Thanks to all for attending! See you at the storyline tournament
on September 20!

- Ben Peal
fu...@mindstorm.com