Protected Resources and Telepathic Counter question

francoi...@my-deja.com

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
I'm not sure:
I play Protected Resources (bleed reduced to max 2 per minion).
One of my predator's vamp. declares a bleed action that results in a
total of 4 pool bleeded: can I play now a Telepathic Counter to reduce
to 0 the bleed? or does the Telepathic Counter apply before the
Protected Resources, so I still have to loose 2 pool?
Thanx.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sorrow

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
> I'm not sure:
> I play Protected Resources (bleed reduced to max 2 per minion).
> One of my predator's vamp. declares a bleed action that results in a
> total of 4 pool bleeded: can I play now a Telepathic Counter to reduce
> to 0 the bleed? or does the Telepathic Counter apply before the
> Protected Resources, so I still have to loose 2 pool?

You still lose 2 pool. PR kicks in after all Action Mods and Reactions
have been played and you are about to lose the pool.

Sorrow
---
I don't want to be alone | I hurt, therefore I am
anymore |--------------------------------
I don't want to be anyone | "What are you looking at...?
anymore | you never seen anyone try to
I don't need a reason to kill myself | commit suicide before?" - Anon

Sylvain Gogel

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
the exact card text is :
If this card is in play, another Methuselah cannot bleed you for more than 2
pool. Burn this card if you successfully bleed another Methuselah.

the important word is Cannot, so i think that an Inner Circle CANNOT do a
bleed action, and that a vampire
CANNOT use a bleed Modifier if it raise the bleed above 2, so no
conditionning ;o)

Sylvain, tzimisce lord

Sorrow <cbo...@apdi.net> a écrit dans le message :
2sGz5.1605$mC.1...@monger.newsread.com...

LSJ

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
Sylvain Gogel wrote:

> the exact card text is :
> If this card is in play, another Methuselah cannot bleed you for more than 2
> pool. Burn this card if you successfully bleed another Methuselah.
>
> the important word is Cannot, so i think that an Inner Circle CANNOT do a
> bleed action, and that a vampire
> CANNOT use a bleed Modifier if it raise the bleed above 2, so no
> conditionning ;o)

No. It has been ruled to mean that, regardless of the bleed amount, you
never burn more than two pool for any given bleed action's successful
resolution.

See the official card text online:

Master. If this card is in play, <you do not burn more than two pool when a
minion bleeds you, regardless of the amount of the bleed>. Burn this card if

you successfully bleed another Methuselah.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

John Whelan

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Sorrow wrote:

> > I'm not sure:
> > I play Protected Resources (bleed reduced to max 2 per minion).
> > One of my predator's vamp. declares a bleed action that results in a
> > total of 4 pool bleeded: can I play now a Telepathic Counter to reduce
> > to 0 the bleed? or does the Telepathic Counter apply before the
> > Protected Resources, so I still have to loose 2 pool?
>
> You still lose 2 pool. PR kicks in after all Action Mods and Reactions
> have been played and you are about to lose the pool.

I'm guessing this means that one could still play Archon Investigation in
response to a bleed of 4.

-- John Whelan

James Coupe

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
In article <Pine.GSO.4.21.000925...@amanda.dorsai.org>,
John Whelan <jbwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> writes

>I'm guessing this means that one could still play Archon Investigation in
>response to a bleed of 4.

Yes.

The bleed is for its current amount, all the way through the action,
which is however big it is, be that 2, or 25.

When you hit the "burn blood" bit and actually burn the pool, you only
burn 2.

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D | ja...@zephyr.org.uk (New e-mail)
"Who'd have ever predicted the moment would come when I find myself grateful