Change of Target x Unleash Hell's Fury

diablojf

Feb 27, 2010, 3:16:55 PM2/27/10
Hi there...

If the minion A is blocked by the Unleash Hell's Fury, and play Change
of Target the aggravated damage is apply?

Thanks

Pedro Paulo de Sousa Mendes
V:EKN Prince of Cataguases
V:EKN Prince number 488

Blooded Sand

Feb 27, 2010, 4:12:40 PM2/27/10
On Feb 27, 9:16 pm, diablojf <diabl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there...
>
> If the minion A is blocked by the Unleash Hell's Fury, and play Change
> of Target the aggravated damage is apply?

Change of target states the block is successful, so yes, hells fury
applies.

Quoting the relevant card texts, preferably from the csv or card text
page, makes getting an answer a lot simpler and easier.

Unleash Hell's Fury
Type: Action
Requires: infernal Daimoinon
Cost: 2 pool
+1 stealth action. Requires an infernal vampire. Unique.
[dai] Put this card in play. This card may attempt to block a (D)
action against you and is considered a 9-capacity infernal vampire
with +2 intercept during that attempt; if successful, the acting
minion takes 1 unpreventable aggravated damage, and this card is
burned.
[DAI] As above, and untap this vampire. Burn option.

Change of Target
Type: Action Modifier
Only usable when this acting minion is blocked (play before combat, if
any). Untap the acting minion, do not tap the blocking minion, and end
the current action (it is not successful). This minion cannot perform
the same action again this turn.

diablojf

Feb 27, 2010, 4:31:57 PM2/27/10
On Feb 27, 6:12 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 9:16 pm, diablojf <diabl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi there...
>
> > If the minion A is blocked by the Unleash Hell's Fury, and play Change
> > of Target the aggravated damage is apply?
>
> Change of target states the block is successful, so yes, hells fury
> applies.
>
> Quoting the relevant card texts, preferably from the csv or card text
> page, makes getting an answer a lot simpler and easier.

Hi...

I know the block is successful.
My doubt is becose the Chang of Target cancel the action.
So, the action is cancealed before or not the aggravated damage?
And I?

Best Regards

Pedro Paulo

Juggernaut1981

Feb 27, 2010, 5:32:43 PM2/27/10

The wording suggests that Unleash doesn't care if there is an action
currently happening. If the action was blocked, it triggers and just
waits for other things to finish before pinging with the aggravated
damage.

Blooded Sand

Feb 27, 2010, 7:29:45 PM2/27/10

exactly

diablojf

Feb 28, 2010, 7:47:37 PM2/28/10
> exactly- Hide quoted text -

But the Unleash Hell's Fury says:
the acting minion takes 1 unpreventable aggravated damage.

If the action is cancelead, there is no action minion to take the
damage.
Right?

LSJ

Feb 28, 2010, 9:08:25 PM2/28/10

The acting minion takes 1 aggravated damage. Even if the action is
ended by CoT.
The damage is inflicted during the action, as the action is ending.

Juggernaut1981

Mar 1, 2010, 12:04:14 AM3/1/10

So to clearly delineate the steps:

Minion A takes an Action
Unleash Hell's Fury successfully blocks
Minion A plays Change of Target
Minion A takes 1 agg damage
Change of Target cancels the action, etc, etc, etc.

LSJ

Mar 1, 2010, 8:05:47 AM3/1/10

Change of Target ends the action, it doesn't cancel the action.

Minion A plays CoT.
CoT resolves when played, so the action is ending.
A takes 1 agg damage as the action is ending (mandatory).

diablojf

Mar 1, 2010, 10:27:38 AM3/1/10
> A takes 1 agg damage as the action is ending (mandatory).- Hide quoted text -

Thanks!

Pedro Paulo de Sousa Mendes

Prince of Cataguases
488