Libtcod Rendering Issue Windows 8?

epu...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2014, 11:43:55 PM4/7/14
Libtcod has worked perfectly for me in the past, but recently I upgraded my system to Windows 8 (not exactly, I bought a new Laptop, and it seems like they only offer Windows 8 anymore), and now the Python + Libtcod tutorial by Jice (<3) is no longer working for me. Here is my specific error:

File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\MMo Mud\libtcodpy.py", line 901, in console_blit
_lib.TCOD_console_blit(src, x, y, w, h, dst, xdst, ydst, c_float(ffade), c_float(bfade))
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000008

And when I run the tutorial exactly cut and pasted, from the RougeBasin (all the indents are correct) it doesn't throw an error but it also doesn't show a window.
So my question is: Anyone else have trouble with Libtcod on Windows 8?

I believe this is an issue with the Library itself and not with the code. I'm going to test that selfsame version of code on Win7 when I get the virtualMachine up and running.