Java Library

cbrueg...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2015, 3:59:10 AM1/23/15
Good Morning,

I am new to the roguelike development and i am looking for a nice Java Console Library.
I found Blacken, Jaderogue, rlgamekit and libjcsi so far.
A good documentation exists for the libjcsi but it lacks the posibility to change the font somehow. Everything I tried, looks really ugly and makes the window really big.

I tried Blacken yesterday evening and it looked nice, but there is almost no documentation or any advide on how to use it. The same is for Jaderogue and the rlgamekit.

Do you have any advice on another library that could be used?

Thanks for any feedback.

ZetEn80

Jan 23, 2015, 4:35:31 AM1/23/15
Update:

The libjcsi is by far the most easy one to use. It probably lacks a lot of stuff that the other libraries support (dungeon generators, FOV and so on). But I cannot load any other font. It just makes no sense to me.

Any recommendations on a library would be great.

Mikera

Feb 25, 2015, 9:33:40 PM2/25/15
There's also my one, which emulates a console using Swing:

https://github.com/mikera/swing-console

Can't say it is perfect, but I've used it successfully in a few projects. It's also pretty simple / easy to hack if you want to customise it.

Ved

Mar 2, 2015, 8:37:59 PM3/2/15
I don't know if you are new to the roguelike development but you are experienced in Java. If not, and if libraries to roguelike development are important for you, you might consider changing programming language, becasue there is not really good roguelike libraries for java. But, if you want to code in java, libjcsi is most decent.

ZetEn80

Mar 3, 2015, 5:13:51 PM3/3/15
Hello. I enhanced a Library from 2011.
multiple font sizes and very easy to use. Check it out here at github https://github.com/zn80/AsciiPanel