Roguelike Incubator

Darren Grey

Jun 11, 2012, 8:44:09 PM6/11/12
I've discussed this at IRDC, and there's been discussion and planning
on RogueTemple. The "Roguelike Incubator" (Todd Page's idea) is based
around a cabal (or cabals) of developers joining to give each other
criticism and development feedback as they put together their games,
with the aim of producing a polished bundle of roguelikes. The first
such attempt is starting now, with a bundle to be released for ARRP in
September, and I invite interested developers to put forward their
names:

http://roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=2443

Admission is open, but on the agreement that you contribute regularly
and produce a polished roguelike by the target date. Those that don't
contribute or fail to produce sufficiently polished games will be
excluded. This is necessarily elitist - we want to establish a brand
with recognised quality, but more important than that have the right
pressurised environment to push us to work hard.

All operations will be public, so feel free to keep an eye on things
or provide your own feedback even if you're not taking part.

--
Darren Grey