Seven Day Roguelike 2016: Call For Dates

Jeff Lait

Jan 6, 2016, 12:36:04 PM1/6/16
It is now time for the twelfth annual Seven Day Roguelike Challenge!

First, what is a Seven Day Roguelike?

After twelve years, I'm not going to tell you.

We are continuing our tradition of not using a fixed date,
but instead having a vote to allow the community to shift
the time if necessary.

We had a lot of success with the web-based registration for
the challenge last few years, so plan on doing the same this year.
This means we will not be using rec.games.roguelike.development
for the registration process. We will post here more
instructions closer to the date.

We are repeating last year's approach and using a google form for
the date selection process:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v8e0jO2fjjXa7RSp3VENqjR25hvXOj2nCnrizAhqD5U/viewform

Feel free to kibitz about the dates/process in this thread,
but votes on this thread will not be counted. Instead
we shall try to use the results of that poll.

NOTE: The cabal (there is no cabal) decided to move the
call for dates to the first Wednesday of the year, rather
than the second last Wednesday. No one argued against
this last year, so thus our early start!

We have plans of trying to mail people reminders if they
provide their email addresses. I'm not going to promise
that will succeed however.

In case you have USENET access but no web access:

The available weeks are:
1) February 20th to February 28th
2) February 27th to March 6th
3) March 5th to March 13th
--
Jeff Lait

Auric__

Jan 6, 2016, 3:48:30 PM1/6/16
Jeff Lait wrote:

> but votes on this thread will not be counted.
[snip]
> In case you have USENET access but no web access:

Hmm.....

--
Hence our NEED for welfare reform in this country.
The whole idea is to be a hand up, not a hand out.

Jeff Lait

Jan 13, 2016, 3:42:11 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 3:48:30 PM UTC-5, Auric__ wrote:
> Jeff Lait wrote:
>
> > but votes on this thread will not be counted.
> [snip]
> > In case you have USENET access but no web access:
>
> Hmm.....

While those with NTP but no new-fangled HTTP are unable to submit votes, they can at least read which dates were available. It is also useful as a semi-permanent record...