MyADOM game (finished)

Igor Savin

Jan 20, 2002, 12:18:26 PM1/20/02
Hi all!
I've recently released final version of my game - MyADOM which
simulates life of Thomas Biskup. You receive RFE's, fix bugs, think of
new features etc.
Everyone, who wants to try it :
http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/
or simply
http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/Download/myadom.zip
Write back to
elven_...@yahoo.com
your opinion about the game, ok?

Olli Wilkman

Jan 20, 2002, 1:10:15 PM1/20/02
In: rec.games.roguelike.adom
On: 20 Jan 2002 09:18:26 -0800 From: Elven_...@yahoo.com (Igor
Savin)

Seeing the other stuff on that page, I don't think I dare to even
download that, not to mention run it :)

--
Olli "Dronir" Wilkman
Q: How many Frost "School of Wicca" Witches does it take to change a light bulb?

Karkadinn

Jan 20, 2002, 2:33:50 PM1/20/02
Olli Wilkman said:

> In: rec.games.roguelike.adom
> On: 20 Jan 2002 09:18:26 -0800 From: Elven_...@yahoo.com (Igor
>Savin)
>
>>Hi all!
>>I've recently released final version of my game - MyADOM which
>>simulates life of Thomas Biskup. You receive RFE's, fix bugs, think of
>>new features etc.
>>Everyone, who wants to try it :
>>http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/
>>or simply
>>http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/Download/myadom.zip
>>Write back to
>>elven_...@yahoo.com
>>your opinion about the game, ok?
>
>Seeing the other stuff on that page, I don't think I dare to even
>download that, not to mention run it :)

Paranoia or curiousity... which to follow, which to follow....
Curiousity.
@_@
::clicks, downloads::
I'll let y'all know if it's a virus or somesuch. Heh.
Hmm. "Invalid compressed file to inflate"? Ah well. At least nothing blew
up.

--

Signing off as Stephen Mackey, the Multi-Threaded RFE Database Liaison.

"Sore wa himitsu desu."

Jan Erik Mydland

Jan 20, 2002, 8:11:50 PM1/20/02
Igor Savin wrote:

<snip>

> your opinion about the game, ok?

Hard to tell, the ZIP file is corrupt so I never got to try it...

--
Jan Erik Mydland mailto:jamy...@online.no

http://home.online.no/~jamydlan

Visit my ADOM Hall Of Fame at:
http://adom.brinkster.net/hof

Igor Savin

Jan 21, 2002, 12:51:31 PM1/21/02
:E
Something's wrong... I've tried reuploading it to site, but it didn't
help.
And my archive is ok.
So, if anyone wants to play MyADOM, please send me an email with
request, and
I'll send game.
And don't mind about other progs on my site - they aren't mine, nor I
take response for them - but my is virus-free, I promise.
Again, my email is
elven_...@yahoo.com
sorry for such trouble... I don't know why's that.

Igor Savin

Jan 21, 2002, 12:53:41 PM1/21/02
I've done several things with site - try now.
If still doesn't work - send me letter and I'll send game (24 Kb).

sqweek

Jan 21, 2002, 1:49:34 PM1/21/02
On 20 Jan 2002 09:18:26 -0800, Elven_...@yahoo.com (Igor Savin)
wrote:

>Hi all!
>I've recently released final version of my game - MyADOM which
>simulates life of Thomas Biskup. You receive RFE's, fix bugs, think of
>new features etc.

Hehehe, I just got 4 minor bugs and one major bug report, and none of
them were actually bugs :)
Pretty amusing game though

Ok, these people suck! The last 10 or so bug reports have not really
been bugs, and wasted all my time I could have been doing RFE's :)

matija

Jan 21, 2002, 6:43:22 PM1/21/02
Igor Savin, completely geschtonkenflapped, wrote:
> I've recently released final version of my game - MyADOM which
> simulates life of Thomas Biskup. You receive RFE's, fix bugs, think of
> new features etc.

argh! it's addictive!

You've fixed 88 minor and 49 major bugs altogether.
And closed 261 minor, 59 major and 8 global RFE's altogether.

However, you've started with 23 minor and 0 major bugs;
147 minor and 58 major bugs were created while updates.
82 minor and 9 major bugs left.
Last ADOM version: 1.00.
You have quit after 1 year(s), 9 month(s), 2 week(s), 0 day(s).

i wonder how many RFE's are from karkadinn ... :)

--
there is a cheer. the gnomes have learned a new way to say hooray.
[-shpongle]

address is scrambled - remove SPAMISEVIL to reply

Lorrill Buyens

Jan 21, 2002, 8:22:32 PM1/21/02
"What're we gonna do tonight, Brain?" "The same thing kark...@aol.com
(Karkadinn) did in rec.games.roguelike.adom on 20 Jan 2002 19:33:50 GMT,
Pinky:"

>Olli Wilkman said:

>> In: rec.games.roguelike.adom
>> On: 20 Jan 2002 09:18:26 -0800 From: Elven_...@yahoo.com (Igor
>>Savin)
>>
>>>Hi all!
>>>I've recently released final version of my game - MyADOM which
>>>simulates life of Thomas Biskup. You receive RFE's, fix bugs, think of
>>>new features etc.
>>>Everyone, who wants to try it :
>>>http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/
>>>or simply
>>>http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/Download/myadom.zip
>>>Write back to
>>>elven_...@yahoo.com
>>>your opinion about the game, ok?
>>
>>Seeing the other stuff on that page, I don't think I dare to even
>>download that, not to mention run it :)

>Paranoia or curiousity... which to follow, which to follow....
>Curiousity.
>@_@
>::clicks, downloads::
>I'll let y'all know if it's a virus or somesuch. Heh.
>Hmm. "Invalid compressed file to inflate"? Ah well. At least nothing blew
>up.

McAfee said it's clean. Unfortunately, pkzip said it has CRC
errors an' refused to unzip it.

--
"I just figured it was quantum mechanics, and actually watching
the fireplace collapses the probability waveform and he turns

Karkadinn

Jan 21, 2002, 9:59:51 PM1/21/02
Lorrill Buyens said:

>"What're we gonna do tonight, Brain?" "The same thing kark...@aol.com
>(Karkadinn) did in rec.games.roguelike.adom on 20 Jan 2002 19:33:50 GMT,
>Pinky:"

"Try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"
They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain
Brain Brain.....
(Sorry, some things are too tempting to resist. :))

Olli "Shader" Juhala

Jan 22, 2002, 10:10:58 AM1/22/02
On 22 Jan 2002 02:59:51 GMT, kark...@aol.com (Karkadinn) wrote

>Lorrill Buyens said:
>
>>"What're we gonna do tonight, Brain?" "The same thing kark...@aol.com
>>(Karkadinn) did in rec.games.roguelike.adom on 20 Jan 2002 19:33:50 GMT,
>>Pinky:"
>
>"Try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"
>They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain
>Brain Brain.....
>(Sorry, some things are too tempting to resist. :))

NARF!
(indeed)
--
Olli "Shader" Juhala
War is for the vengeful,

sqweek

Jan 22, 2002, 10:51:55 AM1/22/02
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:43:22 +0100, matija
<mSkPr...@jaIgSor.srEcVe.IhLr> wrote:

>Igor Savin, completely geschtonkenflapped, wrote:
>> I've recently released final version of my game - MyADOM which
>> simulates life of Thomas Biskup. You receive RFE's, fix bugs, think of
>> new features etc.
>
> argh! it's addictive!
>

>You've fixed 88 minor and 49 major bugs altogether.
>And closed 261 minor, 59 major and 8 global RFE's altogether.
>
>However, you've started with 23 minor and 0 major bugs;
>147 minor and 58 major bugs were created while updates.
>82 minor and 9 major bugs left.
>Last ADOM version: 1.00.
>You have quit after 1 year(s), 9 month(s), 2 week(s), 0 day(s).

You quit? Wuss :)
I'd won by about that time IIRC (I'm pretty sure it was one year
something *shrugs*)
It's funny releasing a new version, checking your mail and the bug
database, and then fixing every bug and adding every RFE, causing your
ratings to go down to about 2, but they rocket up to about 80 when you
release your new version :)

> i wonder how many RFE's are from karkadinn ... :)

*chuckle*

Jan Erik Mydland

Jan 22, 2002, 6:33:02 PM1/22/02
Igor Savin wrote:

> I've done several things with site - try now.
> If still doesn't work - send me letter and I'll send game (24 Kb).

Kidna neat, a bit tedious in the long run though. I don't think it's quite
up to ADOM's standard for replay value eitehr :p

Very funny though, as long as you don't expect people to play it all day...

matija

Jan 22, 2002, 6:33:03 PM1/22/02
sqweek, completely geschtonkenflapped, wrote:
> >Last ADOM version: 1.00.
> >You have quit after 1 year(s), 9 month(s), 2 week(s), 0 day(s).
>
> You quit? Wuss :)

no, the game quit after i released 1.00.

IcyZark77

Jan 24, 2002, 12:18:51 AM1/24/02

Igor Savin <Elven_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi all!
> I've recently released final version of my game - MyADOM which
> simulates life of Thomas Biskup. You receive RFE's, fix bugs, think of
> new features etc.

What a good, addictive piece of software....I wonder what Thomas thinks of
it :-) The amount of bug reports and RFE's you get out-weigh the actual
amount of work you can do to ADOM :-) IMHO I rekon it's worth 23 k.

You've fixed 148 minor and 88 major bugs altogether.
And closed 1110 minor, 87 major and 16 global RFE's altogether.

However, you've started with 12 minor and 13 major bugs;
302 minor and 75 major bugs were created while updates.
166 minor and 0 major bugs left.
Last ADOM version: 1.01.
You have quit after 3 year(s), 10 month(s), 1 week(s), 0 day(s).

Taichen

Jan 24, 2002, 6:15:07 PM1/24/02
On 20 Jan 2002 09:18:26 -0800, Elven_...@yahoo.com (Igor Savin)
wrote:

I'll keep it (I collect text mode games)

The idea is very original. I find the game a bit boring, though.

Ex_Ottoyuhr

Jan 24, 2002, 8:31:07 PM1/24/02
"IcyZark77" <IcyZ...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<%OM38.5097$Ni2....@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

I spent about 1 1/2 years, implemented 15 global RFEs by gamma 6, and
got a
perfect game rating -- the game ended, by announcing that Blizzard had
noticed
me. Has anyone else won this way, or did I discover something new
related to ADoM? :)

Incidentally, has anyone successfully read the Wierd Tome, now that
the code might or might not be fixed?

Jill Prier

Jan 24, 2002, 11:50:04 PM1/24/02
How do Jade, ADOM Deluxe, ADOM RPG and the ADOM hintbook fit into all of
this?

How about some MyADOM metal man challenges:

LazyMan
How well can you do without actually coding anything?

BugMan
You can only fix bugs no RFEs

GammaRadiationMan
You can't release any gammas you can only release the big 1.0.0 then you
must quit.

William Hull

Jan 25, 2002, 4:29:48 AM1/25/02
"Ex_Ottoyuhr" <ex_ot...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yeah I got that after I realized that Global RFEs are the most time
effective things to do

William Hull

sqweek

Jan 25, 2002, 10:55:59 AM1/25/02
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:29:48 -0000, "William Hull"
<Wulf...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Ex_Ottoyuhr" <ex_ot...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> I spent about 1 1/2 years, implemented 15 global RFEs by gamma 6, and
>> got a
>> perfect game rating -- the game ended, by announcing that Blizzard had
>> noticed
>> me. Has anyone else won this way, or did I discover something new
>> related to ADoM? :)
>
>Yeah I got that after I realized that Global RFEs are the most time
>effective things to do

I did it too after holding down 'X' for a while, and fixing every
bug/adding every RFE that was suggested since my previous release, which
got my two ratings down to about 2-3 each, Then released a new version
and went to 100 :)

Igor Savin

Jan 31, 2002, 11:58:58 AM1/31/02
Taichen <tai...@nettaxi.com> wrote in message news:<mkmv4uklogbrruo59...@4ax.com>...

> On 20 Jan 2002 09:18:26 -0800, Elven_...@yahoo.com (Igor Savin)
> wrote:
>
> I'll keep it (I collect text mode games)
>
> The idea is very original. I find the game a bit boring, though.
Thanks everyone who played my game! I'm still developing MyADoM
project, so everyone who is interested, please check site for updates.
And the game is a boring somewhat - sorry, it's sometimes like that...
Just start to imagine WHAT you are doing (implementing Scroll of
Omnipotence perhaps ;)))) and it would be much more interesting to
play...

hors...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2015, 4:47:05 PM12/31/15
http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=5329

That's this game on HotU after such a long time :)