CABLE BOX DESCRAMBLER BUILD YOUR OWN DESCRAMBLER FAST CHEAP AND EASY

Free Cable

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

CABLE BOX DESCRAMBLER BUILD YOUR OWN DESCRAMBLER FAST CHEAP AND EASY

Just a few inexpensive parts from Radio Shack and a little time and you can descramble every cable channel. See all your favorite movie channels,pay per view etc

To recieve detail instructions and diagrams on how to construct your own Cable Box Descrambler
Mail $5.00 CASH MONEY ORDER CHECK

S&G Enterprise
12145 Augusta Woods Cir
Suite 3
Orlando FL. 32824

Please be sure to include your full name & address
Allow 10 days to recieve

Thank You
Seth Garner

Particle

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

are you from FCC? or some CABLE COMPANY?

and find another newsgroup for this... something like
alt.2600 would go just great for this...

--
quark(particle)
qu...@webspan.net

Free Cable <la...@aol.com> wrote in article
<5nl212$e...@chronicle.concentric.net>...

Mark Feldman

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

Particle wrote:

>> CABLE BOX DESCRAMBLER BUILD YOUR OWN DESCRAMBLER FAST CHEAP AND EASY
>
> are you from FCC? or some CABLE COMPANY?

Actually there's nothing illegal about owning your own descrambler, but
you do have to notify your cable company if and when you actually have
it hooked up and are using it to descramble their signal.

This is simply another scam. The circuit he's offering for $15 is
floating around the net for free and doesn't even work on newer cable
systems.

Mark Feldman mailto:pc...@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2151

Particle

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

> Actually there's nothing illegal about owning your own descrambler, but
> you do have to notify your cable company if and when you actually have
> it hooked up and are using it to descramble their signal.

So, it's totaly legal to view pey-per-view chenels for free? wow, I should
get me one of these...

<snip>

Chris Lomont

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

Particle <qu...@webspan.net> wrote in article
<01bc7691$e3dcdfd0$ae589ace@particle>...

> > Actually there's nothing illegal about owning your own descrambler, but
> > you do have to notify your cable company if and when you actually have
> > it hooked up and are using it to descramble their signal.
>
> So, it's totaly legal to view pey-per-view chenels for free? wow, I
should
> get me one of these...

No. It is legal to own a descrambler. It is illegal to view for free.

Chris Lomont

ME

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

If anybody is actually considering sending this ass-munch any money
SAVE YOURSELF 5 BUCKS! VISIT THIS SITE

http://www.infinity.webhost.com.au/void-f.html

As for your Mr. Garner, GET OUT OF OUR NEWSGROUP!

Free Cable wrote:

> CABLE BOX DESCRAMBLER BUILD YOUR OWN DESCRAMBLER FAST CHEAP AND EASY

Particle

Jun 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/12/97

> > So, it's totaly legal to view pey-per-view chenels for free? wow, I
> should
> > get me one of these...
> >

> No. It is legal to own a descrambler. It is illegal to view for free.

what's the point of owning it without using it?

> Chris Lomont

Mark Feldman

Jun 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/12/97

Particle wrote:

> > Actually there's nothing illegal about owning your own descrambler, but
> > you do have to notify your cable company if and when you actually have
> > it hooked up and are using it to descramble their signal.
>
> So, it's totaly legal to view pey-per-view chenels for free? wow, I should
> get me one of these...

No no no no....to get premium and pay-per-view channels you have to pay
monthly fees for both the channel itself *AND* the descrambler box. A
few years ago legislation was introduced which allowed you to buy your
own box. You still have to pay the $10 or whatever for the service, but
you no longer have to pay the extra $10 or whatever for the box to
descramble the channel.

So if you were to construct the circuit he's offering and actually hook
it up then by law you have to notify the cable company so they can
charge you for the service (but not the box).

The spam was off-topic, but just in case a few of you are tempted to get
suckered in I've attached the circuit to the end of this post.

Cheers,

Mark Feldman mailto:pc...@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2151

From - Wed Jun 11 22:37:36 1997
From: *jmor...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca (jack)
Newsgroups: rec.video.cable-tv
Subject: Re: CABLE BOX DESCRAMBLER BUILD YOUR OWN DESCRAMBLER FAST
CHEAP AND EASY
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:43:11 GMT

On 11 Jun 1997 02:29:11 GMT, Free Cable<la...@aol.com> wrote:

> CABLE BOX DESCRAMBLER BUILD YOUR OWN DESCRAMBLER FAST CHEAP AND EASY
>

>Just a few inexpensive parts from Radio Shack and a little time and you can descramble every cable channel. See all your favorite movie channels,pay per view etc
>
>To recieve detail instructions and diagrams on how to construct your own Cable Box Descrambler
>Mail $5.00 CASH MONEY ORDER CHECK
>
>S&G Enterprise
>12145 Augusta Woods Cir
>Suite 3
>Orlando FL. 32824
>
>Please be sure to include your full name & address
>Allow 10 days to recieve
>
>Thank You
>Seth Garner

YOUR WELCOME YOU SCAMING PIECE OF SHIT.
CON ARTISTS ARE SO POLITE!!!!!

You must understand that these plans no longer work, even when they
did they only worked in a few small areas. I am giving these away
because
I'm tired of seeing these posts offering to sell this worthless junk.

These plans originated in 1985:

These plans are actually for a notch filter. One of the early systems
for running a premium channel was to put a jamming signal on the lower
sideband of the video for that channel. The signal did two things.
First,
because it was about 1 MHz below the video carrier, you got plenty of
interferance to obscured the picture. And second, the frequency was also
4.5 MHz below
the color subcarrier so it overrode the regular sound.

Due to different scrambling systems, you might find it neccesary to
change the range and values of the variable capacitator.

MATERIALS REQUIRED:

* 1 Radio Shack mini project box (#270-235)
* 1 1/4 watt resistor, 2.2k 2.4k ohm (RS #271-1325)
* 1 75pf - 100pf variable capacitor (Very hard to find!)
* 2 F61a chassis type coaxial connectors (RS #278-212)
* 12" No. 12 solid copper wire
* 12" RS59 coaxial cable

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Bare a length of No. 12 gauge solid copper wire and twist around
a 3/8" nail or rod to form a coil of 9 turns. Elongate coil to a
length of 1 1/2" and form right angle bends on each end.
2. Solder the variable capacitor to the coil. It doesn't matter
where, it still does the same job. The best place for it is in
the center with the adjustment screw facing upard.
3. Note: When it comes time to place coil in box, the coil must be
insulated from grounding. This can be done by glueing a piece of
rubber to the bottom of the box, and securing the coil to it.
4. Solder 2 pieces of copper wire at points 2 1/2 turns from ends of
coil and solder to coaxial chassis connectors, bringing leads
through holes in chassis box. Use as little wire as possible.
5. Solder resistor to center of coil and ground other end to chassis
box,using solder lug and small screw.
6. Drill a 1/2" diameter hold in minibox cover to permit adjustment
of the variable capacitor from the outside. Inspect for mistakes
and
place cover on and tighten securely.
7. Place device in line with existing cable on either side of the
converter box and connect tv set with the short piece of RS59
coaxial cable. Set tv set to HBE channel.
8. Using a PLASTIC screwdriver, adjust the variable capacitor until
picture tunes in. ENJOY!!!!!
9.

DIAGRAM:

The mini box

| coil
|
| \ -----------copper
wire--[[[[[ F16a(cable in)
ground |--------/\/\/\/\/\-------| |--------
| resistor (var. capacitor)\
| /
| \
| / ----------copper
wire--[[[[[ F16a(cable out)

| coil

Please remember, THESE PLANS DO NOT WORK, YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

Very few areas utilize this scrambling method. If you are in one of
these areas save yourself the headaches and purchase a notch filter.
Good Luck.

Keith M. Lucas

Jun 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/12/97

In article <01bc76d5$2a2fd260$a9589ace@particle>,

Particle <qu...@webspan.net> wrote:

>what's the point of owning it without using it?

Hey -- who ever said the world made sense ?

"It's not a personality.. it's a bulldozer" | Current project: Computer
sillywiz at excession dot demon dot co dot uk | wargaming's next generation...
IQ test in my email address. Humans can solve it to reply, spambots can't (yet)
For best results, view this with Linux. | Support death penalty for spammers !