Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Bally Beach Beauty Bingo (1955)

122 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Nicholas Fair

ongelezen,
28 mrt 2016, 22:15:3428-03-2016
aan
Recently acquired a bally beach beauty bingo machine. far beyond anything im knowledgeable in ( this must be getting old, huh guys?). It turns on, makes strange noises and lights up. The end. I'm not getting balls to load up into the "chamber" in order to shoot them... Common reasons for this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tell me where to start.

Andrew

ongelezen,
28 mrt 2016, 22:23:3428-03-2016
aan
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:15:34 PM UTC-7, Nicholas Fair wrote:
> Recently acquired a bally beach beauty bingo machine. far beyond anything im knowledgeable in ( this must be getting old, huh guys?). It turns on, makes strange noises and lights up. The end. I'm not getting balls to load up into the "chamber" in order to shoot them... Common reasons for this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tell me where to start.

Is there a manual lever, below the plunger, you have to push, to push the ball up into the shooting lane?

stevein...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
29 mrt 2016, 08:29:5829-03-2016
aan
The first electro Mechanical I bought was a magic screen Can Can Bingo four years ago. I got it home and that was the first time I looked inside anything electro mechanical...wow!With the information below I was able to strip it down and rebuild it and it works flawlessly now.

Here is the two things I recommend:
1. I was able to understand the games following information on this wonderful site. Make a favorite and read everything. It's Phil Hooper's site. http://bingovideos.cdyn.com/

2. I was able to fix the games; find faults, fix scoring, un stick occasional screen sticking only because of the clear repair videos prepared by Richard Gerlitz. There are other tutorials but I did not need anything more than what I mention here.

For the videos I downloaded from his site but there are some DVD's on sale that seem a great deal and cheap for what it is. opies of the DVD's are on sale on Ebay $39.95 with free shipping.
ebay.com link >> Bally Bingo Pinball Repair Guide Dvd Set 11 Volumes High Quality Close Ups
Here is what is on the video's
Volume #1; Bally Main Course 29 Minutes
* Nature of Game
* Theory of Operation
* Component Identification & Explanation
* Common Adjustments & Trouble Spots
* General Lubrication- Playfields & Shutters
* Ball Return & Mechanisms
* Trough Switches
* Front Door Adjustments
Volume #2; Points & Relays, 28 Minutes
* Simple 1 Switch Circuit
* Switch Blades
* Switch Stacks
* NC-NO-SPDT Switches Explained
* Adjusting & Cleaning Points
* Relay Types Explained
* Repairs & Trouble Spots
Volume #3 Solenoids & Steppers, 24 Minutes
* Operation Explained
* Replacing Coils & Coil Stops
* Steppers Explained
* Disassembling & Cleaning
* Disc & Finger Alignment
* Spring Adjustments
* Wiper Tension
* Early & Late Designs
Volume #4; Control Unit, 36 Minutes
* Component Identification &Explanation
* Lubrication- Leather Clutches
* Drag Arm Switches
* Control Cams
* Replay Cams
* Search Index
* Search Disc
* Critical Adjustments
Volume #5; Mixer & Spotting Unit, 23 Minutes
* Pulse Switches
* Mixers- Mixer Latch Assembly's
* Mixer Latch Coil & Stop- Spotting Disc
* Clutches
* Critical Score Extra Step Adjustments
Volume #6; Ball Lifter & Shutter Motors, 6 Minutes
* Stuck Armatures
* Stripped Gears
* Linkage Adjustments
* Early & Later Designs
Volume #7; Replay Counter & Reflex Units, 8 Minutes
* Explanation of Operations
* How to Adjust
* Damage from Operators
Volume #8; Feature Units, 40 Minutes
* Game Features Explained
* Select a Lit Number
* Odd or Even- Magic Pockets
* Bump Feature
* Magic Lines
* Turning Corners
* Chain Game Magic Lines
* Screen Games
Volume #9; Short Circuits, 21 Minutes
* General Overview of Short Circuits
* Location of Common Causes of Shorts
* Circuit Interrupters to Locate Short
* Circuit Isolation to Diagnose
* Tracing on Schematic
* Manual Operation of Game
* Photo's/Tips Etc...
Volume #10; Serious Problems, 47 Minutes
* Burned Field Windings
* Broken Plug Pins
* Broken Plug Receiver
* Binding Magic Screen
* Stripped Magic Screen Motor
* Burned or Chewed Wiring
* Damaged Light Sockets
* Broken Search Wiper Hub
* Worn Cams
* Burned Wiper Disc
* Broken Wire in Harness
* Burned Trip Bank Coil
* Broken Wiper Blade
Volume #11; Manual & Schematic, 43 Minutes
* Wire Color Codes
* Symbols- Schematic Location Codes
* Pictorial Views Explained
* Locating Components
* Light Circuits
* Motor Circuits
* 50 Volt Coil & Replay Circuits
* Payout Circuits
* Practice Troubleshooting

Pin Del

ongelezen,
29 mrt 2016, 19:48:0729-03-2016
aan
Thanks for posting that link !

Pin-Del,

Nicholas Baldridge

ongelezen,
29 mrt 2016, 23:49:0529-03-2016
aan
Something in the start sequence is not working.

1) are there 8 1 1/8" balls in the trough?
2) is the coin switch stuck?
3) what happens when you click the coin switch quickly?

If 1-3 don't get you moving, open the back door while the game is on. There are two main motors that will be turning unless the game is tilted or off. If they are running, the game should be stepping up the timer unit every so often until the 40th step, when it times out and tilts. If this isn't happening, you've got something odd happening.

4) what happens when you press the start relay actuator? It should:
A) open the shutter (dumping any balls on the playfield)
B) shuttle all the balls into the trough.
C) when the 8th ball nestles in the trough, it should lift the first ball.

Shooting the first ball through the gate should close the shutter and lift the second ball.

Previous advice about videos and bingo.cdyn.com is invaluable. Always happy to help, otherwise. :-)

-Nick

Nicholas Baldridge

ongelezen,
29 mrt 2016, 23:56:4929-03-2016
aan
As far as common reasons for the problem, it can be one of many, many things, but the first things I'd look at are:

1) Jones plugs (clean them all)
2) fuse holders - some motors will function while others run off 50v and if your 59v fuse holder is marginal, no coils nor the ball lift motor or shutter motor will function.
3) trough switches are dirty / misadjusted
4) problem with start relay actuation.

Ben Myers

ongelezen,
30 mrt 2016, 14:25:3630-03-2016
aan
"Nicholas Fair" <gnosis.an...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ddf12289-2cf1-4b15...@googlegroups.com...
Recently acquired a bally beach beauty bingo machine. far beyond anything im knowledgeable in ( this must be getting old, huh guys?). It turns on, makes strange noises and lights up. The end. I'm not getting balls to load up into the "chamber" in order to shoot them... Common reasons for this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tell me where to start.

As mentioned by another poster, you must confirm that all eight balls are in the machine. You may have to raise the playfield to check this. Unplug the machine, open the coin door and remove the two wingnuts that hold the footrail down, remove the footrail, then carefully slide the playfield glass out and set it aside. Loosen the four screws that hold the playfield down, if they are not already loose, then stick your finger into the ball return hole, pull the pin back and carefully lift the playfield. Raising a bingo playfield is a little tricky. Lift about four or five inches, then carefully work the playfield back to you a little, then raise a little more and so on. Once you get it up, check the ball trough. If any of the eight balls are missing, they may be under the ball return ramp. Don't let the playfield fall on you while you are working beneath it. Most bingos have notches on each side for the back of the playfield to rest and you can just raise the front and lean it up against the backbox. As mentioned, Bally bingos typically use 1 1/8 balls.

Ben
0 nieuwe berichten