WTB: Gottlieb 70's white nylon post caps

Wedgehead Killer

Nov 14, 2012, 12:17:04 PM11/14/12
I checked Ebay, PBR is out of stock. I am looking for the white nylon caps on the plastics, that snap on the posts holding down the playfield plastic. They look like little top hats. PBR part number is GTB-A13970

Thanks

fordi...@aol.com

Nov 14, 2012, 12:56:26 PM11/14/12
How many do you need?

Scott McClure

Nov 14, 2012, 1:27:03 PM11/14/12

Would these work?

http://www.actionpinball.com/hardware.htm

--
Scott McClure
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

Wedgehead Killer

Nov 14, 2012, 1:48:50 PM11/14/12
I need 21 for pop a card to shop it out.

Wedgehead Killer

Nov 14, 2012, 1:50:39 PM11/14/12
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:28:05 PM UTC-5, Scott McClure wrote:
> Would these work? http://www.actionpinball.com/hardware.htm -- Scott McClure This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

Scott,

I think they would work, but I'm trying to keep the game original. My Lucky Hand has nice ones that were put on before I bought the game, they look mint. My Pop a Card sat without glass, really dirty, the caps are old and yellowed.

wedge

Wedgehead Killer

Nov 14, 2012, 1:52:37 PM11/14/12
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:17:04 PM UTC-5, Wedgehead Killer wrote:
> I checked Ebay, PBR is out of stock. I am looking for the white nylon caps on the plastics, that snap on the posts holding down the playfield plastic. They look like little top hats. PBR part number is GTB-A13970 Thanks

update, this wash hashed around 2 months ago without a resolution. Bay Area Amusments has a cap or two, inventory is pretty much wiped. I have not called PBR, they may or may not have plans to reproduce more.

Scott McClure

Nov 14, 2012, 2:11:21 PM11/14/12

These are the ones you're looking for, right?

[image:
http://www.fabfan.com/tempimages/King%20Of%20Diamonds%20Playfield_Large.jpg]\

IIRC, Tim Meighan once said that those didn't last too long on location
because the operators didn't like them because they popped off all the
time. Obviously not really a problem for home use, though.

Good luck finding them.

Rob Myers

Nov 14, 2012, 6:28:04 PM11/14/12
I was looking for new ones for my Drop-A-Card. PBR doesn't make them
anymore.

pinhead52

Nov 14, 2012, 9:25:48 PM11/14/12

I thought only acorn nuts where used on these? The KoD above look ugly
with the white nuts.

--
pinhead52

pinhead52

Nov 14, 2012, 9:29:03 PM11/14/12

Vic Camps machine Pop-A-Card, shows acorn metal nuts in the IPDB

vivasantana

Nov 14, 2012, 10:18:39 PM11/14/12
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:17:04 PM UTC-5, Wedgehead Killer wrote:
> I checked Ebay, PBR is out of stock. I am looking for the white nylon caps on the plastics, that snap on the posts holding down the playfield plastic. They look like little top hats. PBR part number is GTB-A13970 Thanks

Duece those things and put the acorn nuts on.
They look much better anyway.
Rob

Rock on Carlos, Rock on!
Six decades strong!

Kerry Imming

Nov 14, 2012, 10:55:26 PM11/14/12

"Wedgehead Killer" <peters...@att.net> wrote in message
Are these the ones?
About 3/4 down the page, or search for "White Split Post Top"
http://www.lakesidepinballparts.com/playfield.html

- Kerry

Rob Myers

Nov 14, 2012, 11:01:27 PM11/14/12
Acorn nuts do look better. It's just that if you are an originailty
freak you might prefer the 'top hat' nylon push on things.

Frank Furhter

Nov 15, 2012, 12:36:23 AM11/15/12
Since the top hats were used (and mistakenly so) by Gott for just under
two years I'd say forget-about-it and go with whatever you want to use.
Polished Acrons look great, originality is needed if you are true but
honestly nobody but your 3 AM dream state awakenings in cold pinball
sweat are going to know the difference. The drilled through technique
of some long time collector/s with nylon nuts is the real use solution.
If you are a polished PF queen singing you are the champion, then you
know the right choice is the f|g|nay choice in cleaning optioned
hardware solutions.

--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.

caver

Nov 15, 2012, 7:55:11 AM11/15/12
On Nov 14, 10:53 pm, "Kerry Imming" <kcimm...@pobox.com> wrote:
> "Wedgehead Killer" <petersonbr...@att.net> wrote in message
wrong style, 'top hat' describes them to a t. Nice website though.
Love those prices and the page scrolling is great!

Rob Myers

Nov 15, 2012, 12:20:47 PM11/15/12
On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 22:36:23 -0700, Frank Furhter <fr...@furhter.com>
wrote:

>Rob Myers wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 19:18:39 -0800 (PST), vivasantana
>> <rjn...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Duece those things and put the acorn nuts on.
>>> They look much better anyway.
>>> Rob
>>>
>>> Rock on Carlos, Rock on!
>>> Six decades strong!
>>
>> Acorn nuts do look better. It's just that if you are an originailty
>> freak you might prefer the 'top hat' nylon push on things.
>>

>Since the top hats were used (and mistakenly so) by Gott for just under
>two years I'd say forget-about-it and go with whatever you want to use.
> Polished Acrons look great, originality is needed if you are true but
>honestly nobody but your 3 AM dream state awakenings in cold pinball
>sweat are going to know the difference. The drilled through technique
>of some long time collector/s with nylon nuts is the real use solution.
> If you are a polished PF queen singing you are the champion, then you
>know the right choice is the f|g|nay choice in cleaning optioned
>hardware solutions.

What is the drilled though technique, Frank?

CactusJack

Nov 15, 2012, 12:41:24 PM11/15/12

Rob Myers;2020064 Wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 22:36:23 -0700, Frank Furhter <frank (AT) furhter
> (DOT) com>
> wrote:
> [color=blue]
> >Rob Myers wrote:[color=green]
> What is the drilled though technique, Frank?

I believe he is refering to the practice of removing the Wood Screw post
screws and drilling through the wood playfield and inserting a Machine
screw from the bottom up. You then use a nut above the post, and a
Nylock Nut above the plastic.

Not a practice I like and it looks like shit when you are done.

RB

--
CactusJack

Wedgehead Killer

Nov 15, 2012, 2:04:45 PM11/15/12
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:28:05 PM UTC-5, Rob Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:17:04 -0800 (PST), Wedgehead Killer <peters...@att.net> wrote: >I checked Ebay, PBR is out of stock. I am looking for the white nylon caps on the plastics, that snap on the posts holding down the playfield plastic. They look like little top hats. PBR part number is GTB-A13970 > >Thanks I was looking for new ones for my Drop-A-Card. PBR doesn't make them anymore.

well I emailed PBR and I got the last 20 known in existance for .40 each. I want the game original. I will look into the acorn nuts as replacements. I needed 21 for the game, I can find an old one somewhere and clean it up.

thanks everyone for your help.

Frank Furhter

Nov 15, 2012, 8:27:17 PM11/15/12

Rob Myers

Nov 15, 2012, 9:25:29 PM11/15/12
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:27:17 -0800, Frank Furhter <fr...@furhter.com>
That's way too much work for me. I though you might mean drilling out
the acorn nuts in some manner to have them fit where the 'Top Hat'
nylon ones normally go.

Frank Furhter

Nov 15, 2012, 10:07:27 PM11/15/12
CactusJack wrote:
> Rob Myers;2020064 Wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 22:36:23 -0700, Frank Furhter <frank (AT) furhter
>> (DOT) com>
>> wrote:
>> [color=blue]
>>> Rob Myers wrote:[color=green]
>> What is the drilled though technique, Frank?
>
> I believe he is refering to the practice of removing the Wood Screw post
> screws and drilling through the wood playfield and inserting a Machine
> screw from the bottom up. You then use a nut above the post, and a
> Nylock Nut above the plastic.
>
> Not a practice I like and it looks like shit when you are done.
>
> RB

Totally wrong, looks fine and works great. You can even use acorn nuts
on the top if you don't like the nylon. The look is the last item to
put on, and you can choose what the hell you want regardless. The
practice by some is 'sacrilige' and complete shit when it comes to doing
a job that you will never have to deal with again when it comes to
fucking around with stripped holes and post bolts that come out
'automagically' when you play the game over time, as well as when taking
off the plastics to clean the machine properly every 200-500 games. Get
with it, drill and run 6-32 or whatever you want through the PF and be
done with it all once and for all. Get nuts, not pussy about how to do
things properly when you restore a game.

Wedgehead Killer

Nov 24, 2012, 12:29:04 AM11/24/12
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:53:41 PM UTC-5, Kerry Imming wrote:
> "Wedgehead Killer" <peters...@att.net> wrote in message news:feb65f07-0613-41d5...@googlegroups.com... > On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:17:04 PM UTC-5, Wedgehead Killer wrote: >> I checked Ebay, PBR is out of stock. I am looking for the white nylon >> caps on the plastics, that snap on the posts holding down the playfield >> plastic. They look like little top hats. PBR part number is GTB-A13970 >> Thanks > > update, this wash hashed around 2 months ago without a resolution. Bay > Area Amusments has a cap or two, inventory is pretty much wiped. I have > not called PBR, they may or may not have plans to reproduce more. Are these the ones? About 3/4 down the page, or search for "White Split Post Top" http://www.lakesidepinballparts.com/playfield.html - Kerry

Kerry, Those top hats from Lakeside are the correct ones I wanted, but PBR got me 20/21 and I am all set.

swampwiz

Dec 5, 2012, 6:52:01 PM12/5/12

I could use a bunch for my Diamond Jack & Outer Space!

--
swampwiz