Wanna buy A pinball owned by Dean Martin

Chuck St louis

Jan 27, 2010, 11:12:18 PM1/27/10
Guys calls my partner last night and tell him he has a Williams Fun
Fest that Dean Martin owned, this guy was his driver in the late 50
til 70 something, guy talked up a storm , took nearly a 1/2 hour
trying to hang up. He thought the machine was worth $2-3 thousand and
wanted to know if we were willing to buy, we thankfully passed.

Cayle George

Jan 28, 2010, 12:04:33 AM1/28/10
Elvis owned all my games, they now cost 10k each, gogogoog

frenchy

Jan 28, 2010, 12:15:48 AM1/28/10
On Jan 27, 8:12 pm, Chuck St louis <pinballs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Does the guy at least have some old personal photos of Deano with the
pin in the background?

John In WI

Jan 28, 2010, 12:23:29 AM1/28/10

Any empties in the cabinet??

--

"Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing�

- Mick Jagger -

ww

Jan 28, 2010, 2:32:36 AM1/28/10
It should have faint odor of a big pizza pie, wine, and pasta fazool
plus a luggage sticker from Napoli.

ww

pinball1974

Jan 28, 2010, 3:03:33 AM1/28/10

Didn't George Costanza from Seinfeld have a car that was once owned by
Jon Voight? ;)

firepower

Jan 28, 2010, 6:11:04 AM1/28/10

Probably full of cash, $20 and $50s in bundles. And the cab stinks of
ciggs and whisky.

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning
and that's the best they're going to feel all day.” -Dean Martin

FredMaine

Jan 28, 2010, 7:47:29 AM1/28/10
I can see why everybody is a skeptic, but looking at it from the other
side it is certainly plausible and I'd say likely that he owned a pin
or two. All you need is some authentication. Of course a photo or
bill of sale would be excellent. Was the guy really employed by
Martin? His daughter is still around; ask her. I always wonder about
the life of my pins and it's cool to think you might have one that has
some history behind it, beyond a pool hall..
Fred

falconfixer

Jan 28, 2010, 7:58:06 AM1/28/10
> > wanted to know if we were willing to buy, we thankfully passed.- Hide quoted text -

Hey - there's a Bally Knockout (on EvilBay I think) that is just the
same model, not the very machine, that Elvis had in Graceland and it
seems to me the guy is asking that price range. Oooooh. I have a flyer
that shows Elton John standing next to a Brown Dirt Cowboy. Let me see
if I can buy all of thise up and sell them for $3K each. Maybe that's
how you make money in pinball?

Dave

Foo

Jan 28, 2010, 8:40:24 AM1/28/10

> “I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning
> and that's the best they're going to feel all day.” -Dean Martin

You know you're not drunk if you can lay on the floor without hanging
on...

seymour-shabow

Jan 28, 2010, 8:46:07 AM1/28/10

It doesn't matter unless you're a Dean Martin nut that he owned it. It
makes it worth no more than any other funfest in that condition.

Didn't Dean Martin actually not drink and it was all an act?

-scott CARGPB#29

FredMaine

Jan 28, 2010, 9:17:54 AM1/28/10
> It doesn't matter unless you're a Dean Martin nut that he
> owned it.  It makes it worth no more than any other funfest
> in that condition.

Fair enough. I was flipping through a fellow's 45rpms the other day,
wanting to buy some for my jukebox, and was skipping those with
collector labels, even autographed ones, because I was going to just
juke the record anyway. Figured I'd leave those for someone that
cared about the jacket.

> Didn't Dean Martin actually not drink and it was all an act?

I think he drank but wasn't a lush or a drunk. A family guy that went
to work every day like everybody else. Got that from an interview
with his daughter, someplace.

Fred

Jim D. in TN

Jan 28, 2010, 9:22:24 AM1/28/10
On Jan 28, 3:03 am, pinball1974 <pinball1...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Didn't George Costanza from Seinfeld have a car that was once owned by
> Jon Voight? ;)

No, it was owned by John Voight. That was the joke. George thought
it was owned by Jon Voight, the actor.

Pinball Plus

Jan 28, 2010, 9:42:50 AM1/28/10

I have a space shuttle that was owned by Jesse Ventura. Not sure if it
helps the value

Joe Grenuk

Jan 28, 2010, 9:59:48 AM1/28/10
A family man? I object.

I read a book a couple years ago...Neon Nights with the Kings of
Cool...about the Rat Pack.

Here is the first sentence in a review of that book:

It used to be Frank Sinatra's world: Women were broads, the whole
world was a smoking section, and booze flowed freely. And at no time
was it more Frank's world than when the Rat Pack was in session.
Sinatra was the center of the group, with Dean Martin and Sammy Davis
Jr. completing the nucleus.

Deano was no Ward Cleaver, Ozzie Nelson, Fred MacMurray. Heck, he
wasn't even an Ed Bundy.

Joe

Big Daddy

Jan 28, 2010, 12:11:13 PM1/28/10

I'm guessing it needs a new "beer seal" under the lockdown bar too

LOL

BD

Adm56

Jan 28, 2010, 1:00:18 PM1/28/10

My middle name is Dean and my last name is Martin if anyone wants to
pay a premium for one of my pins...

jeff

Jan 29, 2010, 3:06:54 AM1/29/10

Yeah,

That's Amore. :) I'd say it would certainly be worth something if
there was authentication and especially an autograph on it somewhere.
The Rat Pack have big time collector's willing to shell out bucks,
same as Elvis. Don't for one second think a pin or guitar signed by
Elvis with verification wouldn't bring 10x what it's actually worth.

Jeff Scott