New "The Addams Family" ultimate mod

Beechwood

Sep 24, 2012, 11:55:23 AM9/24/12

Just a sneak peek. All details to be revealed at the Expo in Chicago.

It will be interactive with the game, not just visuals.

Here are a few pics... just the tip of the iceberg.

Filename:-----------> still.jpg
Link to attached PIC: http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1607

Filename:-----------> TM.jpg
Link to attached PIC: http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1608

--
Beechwood

Joel
HIOP
"Hey, Its Only Pinball!!"
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

Pacpin

Sep 24, 2012, 12:35:59 PM9/24/12

Beechwood;1999621 Wrote:
> Just a sneak peek. All details to be revealed at the Expo in Chicago.
>

> It will be interactive with the game, not just visuals.
>
> Here are a few pics... just the tip of the iceberg.

Hmm, a little leary about having a TV retrofitted in a pinball machine.
Seems like it'd create more stop and go action and avert your eyes more
towards the TV instead of the playfield. With DMD animations and score
still being present, not sure what the point of this would be other than
showing video clips every so often when you hit certain targets and
stuff.

With that being said, it looks neat, can only imagine how expensive it
will be, unless you aren't including the TV and it would be for the
PBCBs, chips and wiring only and leave it up to the consumer to find a
suitable TV that will fit the backbox area.

--
Pacpin

Pin Del

Sep 24, 2012, 12:40:15 PM9/24/12
On Sep 24, 12:36 pm, Pacpin <jml_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Beechwood;1999621 Wrote:
>
> > Just a sneak peek. All details to be revealed at the Expo in Chicago.
>
> > It will be interactive with the game, not just visuals.
>
> > HerPe are a few pics... just the tip of the iceberg.
>
> Hmm, a little leary about having a TV retrofitted in a pinball machine.
> Seems like it'd create more stop and go action and avert your eyes more
> towards the TV instead of the playfield.  With DMD animations and score
> still being present, not sure what the point of this would be other than
> showing video clips every so often when you hit certain targets and
> stuff.
>
> With that being said, it looks neat, can only imagine how expensive it
> will be, unless you aren't including the TV and it would be for the
> PBCBs, chips and wiring only and leave it up to the consumer to find a
> suitable TV that will fit the backbox area.
>
> --
> Pacpin
> This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com

Maybe they are just translites PacPin ? =)

Joe Grenuk

Sep 24, 2012, 1:33:25 PM9/24/12

> Maybe they are just translites PacPin ?     =)

And maybe it's a joke that so far is going over like a lead balloon.

Beechwood

Sep 24, 2012, 2:02:29 PM9/24/12

No joke. It is an LCD not just a translite.

There is action and will be integration into gameplay.

Here is an example of an attract mode animation. Looks awesome on the
game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9iVzLsf-w&feature=youtu.be

--
Beechwood

Joel
HIOP
"Hey, Its Only Pinball!!"

Pacpin

Sep 24, 2012, 2:04:20 PM9/24/12

Beechwood;1999663 Wrote:
> No joke. It is an LCD not just a translite.
>
> There is action and will be integration into gameplay.
>
> Here is an example of an attract mode animation. Looks awesome on the
> game:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9iVzLsf-w&feature=youtu.be

So are you going to be selling the full LCD, or is it going to be a kit
that you supply your own LCD for?

--
Pacpin

Beechwood

Sep 24, 2012, 2:08:58 PM9/24/12

There are a lot of details and programming that has to be worked out
yet.

LCD would be supplied with custom mounts so it could be
installed/removed without altering the pin or drilling holes etc.

--
Beechwood

Joel
HIOP
"Hey, Its Only Pinball!!"

nwojedi

Sep 24, 2012, 2:19:12 PM9/24/12

how the hell does the game talk to the monitor? Must have a custom
board on there that can translate the game roms. I'll be hitting this
up at expo for sure. I'm intrigued.

--
nwojedi

* C a p t a i n N e o *
Pinball 'Playfield restoration' (http://www.playfieldrestoration.com)
service :D

Starfighter

Sep 24, 2012, 4:10:25 PM9/24/12

Beechwood;1999621 Wrote:
> Just a sneak peek. All details to be revealed at the Expo in Chicago.
>

> It will be interactive with the game, not just visuals.
>
> Here are a few pics... just the tip of the iceberg.

OK Joel, you got me hooked. The SSRGP crew have been running similar
experiments in the lab. Looking forward to meeting you at Expo and
compare notes.

-Mike

--
Starfighter

Cayle George

Sep 24, 2012, 4:15:01 PM9/24/12
Looks like someone took an LCD deuce on an addams.

Jeff

Sep 25, 2012, 6:45:41 AM9/25/12

That is sweet.kind of what JJP was doing.

--
Jeff

pinballmike217

Sep 25, 2012, 7:20:13 AM9/25/12
Wow,that's amazing. I have a beautiful Addams Family on location at Lanes and Games in Cambridge, Ma:
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/
I'd love to put this on location. Let me know if you need a test site or please forward pre order information. Thanks,

Mike

BlueMalibu

Sep 25, 2012, 8:54:13 AM9/25/12
Do you have to license anything for that? Looks like a GREAT idea and
would look good on TAF at Marvin's. We could put it right next to
WOZ.

Parker

Beechwood

Sep 25, 2012, 9:49:13 AM9/25/12
One thing is for certain. This mod would be for home use only.

Just like the DVD, you can use it for private viewing, but public
exhibition is strictly prohibited.

Each mod would include an original DVD, and that is where the images and
sequences would be taken from, and fair use allows an individual to use
that material in a private home setting only.

BlueMalibu

Sep 25, 2012, 1:26:18 PM9/25/12
Makes sense. Let me know when there is a pre-order so I can sign up.
This would be for my home TAF.

Parker

nathanp

Sep 25, 2012, 3:13:43 PM9/25/12

yeah ill be down for a pre-order as well.
nate.

--
nathanp

Marcel Gonzalez

Sep 25, 2012, 5:53:42 PM9/25/12

nwojedi;1999671 Wrote:
> how the hell does the game talk to the monitor? Must have a custom
> board on there that can translate the game roms. I'll be hitting this
> up at expo for sure. I'm intrigued.

I would say he takes the sound command codes and takes it from there.
Ie. mamushka mode music command = play n video footage.

--
Marcel Gonzalez

MS

Sep 28, 2012, 6:59:03 PM9/28/12

> Each mod would include an original DVD, and that is where the images and
> sequences would be taken from, and fair use allows an individual to use
> that material in a private home setting only.

CleanFlix sold a DVD player that automatically skipped naughty bits
*on your own DVDs,* and they got sued into oblivion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CleanFlicks

ReplayTV, which was like a Tivo that automagically skipped
commercials, suffered a similar fate.

I hope you have better luck.

MS

Sep 28, 2012, 7:26:07 PM9/28/12
Following up to myself: I misremembered my story.

CleanFlix rented edited copies of movies. They got sued and perhaps
righteously so.

ClearPlay sells a gizmo that skips content on YOUR DVDs via some kind
of configuration file. It seems to be operating safely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClearPlay

Anyway, best of luck with the Addams mod, it looks cool.

stevenp

Sep 28, 2012, 7:34:54 PM9/28/12

Beechwood;1999962 Wrote:
> One thing is for certain. This mod would be for home use only.
>
> Just like the DVD, you can use it for private viewing, but public
> exhibition is strictly prohibited.
>
> Each mod would include an original DVD, and that is where the images and
> sequences would be taken from, and fair use allows an individual to use
> that material in a private home setting only.

Hey, if you want to get legal here, "fair use" would still not allow you
to sell or distribute this DVD with copyrighted subject matter, even for
'home use.' May want to think this over again...

--
stevenp

jzylst...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2012, 9:35:45 PM9/28/12
People on ebay sell the movie everyday. So does best buy and wal mart.

I am not talking copies... i am talking about original unopened movies that Paramount makes money on.

seymour.shabow

Sep 29, 2012, 10:11:27 AM9/29/12
jzylst...@gmail.com wrote:
> People on ebay sell the movie everyday. So does best buy and wal mart.
>
> I am not talking copies... i am talking about original unopened movies that Paramount makes money on.

Why not try it and see how they react ;)

EZ SLEEZE E (MHMIP)

Sep 29, 2012, 11:47:33 AM9/29/12
Really, WTF? People have gotten way to bored. Why would I install a
LCD TV in my TAF? No way! I think people have forgotten it's pinball!
Not a Video game/movie! PINBALL! Have fun with your mod!

DRDAVE

Oct 3, 2012, 9:34:30 AM10/3/12

stevenp

Oct 3, 2012, 10:24:26 PM10/3/12
Wow, this would work from the original movie disc and play excerpts tied
into gameplay? That's impressive! And it would be fine for home use too.
I misunderstood; thought it was a custom-edited DVD. Nevermind...

nwojedi

Oct 3, 2012, 10:28:20 PM10/3/12

stevenp;2001210 Wrote:
> Hey, if you want to get legal here, "fair use" would still not allow you
> to sell or distribute this DVD with copyrighted subject matter, even for
> 'home use.' May want to think this over again...

nothing wrong with selling DVD's. It's the original movie in it's
original format, it's not a bootleg, he's just selling you a regular DVD
just like Target would sell you..what's the problem? Nothing bad
there.

EDIT: nvm, i see you see what he's trying to say. :) Can't wait to
see this at expo.

--
nwojedi

* C a p t a i n N e o *
Pinball 'Playfield restoration' (http://www.playfieldrestoration.com)
service :D

american...@hotmail.com

Oct 3, 2012, 11:21:38 PM10/3/12
On Monday, September 24, 2012 11:56:03 AM UTC-4, beechwood wrote:
> Just a sneak peek. All details to be revealed at the Expo in Chicago. It will be interactive with the game, not just visuals. Here are a few pics... just the tip of the iceberg. Filename:-----------> still.jpg Link to attached PIC: http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1607 Filename:-----------> TM.jpg Link to attached PIC: http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1608 -- Beechwood Joel HIOP "Hey, Its Only Pinball!!" This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

Sure beats a color DMD!

DorothyMacaw

Jul 21, 2013, 7:30:02 PM7/21/13

A flurry of posts and then - nothing - . :confused:

--
DorothyMacaw

kismetnumber1

Jul 22, 2013, 12:55:18 AM7/22/13
Just let it die. Bad... bad idea.

johng...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2018, 6:43:40 PM12/27/18
Any updates with this????

homebrood

Dec 31, 2018, 12:03:05 PM12/31/18
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 5:43:40 PM UTC-6, johng...@gmail.com wrote:
> Any updates with this????

Updates coming in 2024

beechwood

Feb 8, 2019, 10:11:57 PM2/8/19
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 6:43:40 PM UTC-5, johng...@gmail.com wrote:
> Any updates with this????

So, before I could get this to a serious level of development, my now ex wife left and took pretty much everything I had.

So it will never see the light of day, good bad or otherwise.

On the Bright side, I am now happily remarried to an awesome woman, selling my business and am going to have time and capital to make my own pin from scratch.

It may be only a one-off machine, but it will be awesome and good therapy.

Joel
"Hey, It's only Pinball"

Dan Beck

Feb 8, 2019, 11:49:30 PM2/8/19
Good to hear you are back on your feet. I took a 7 year hiatus from pinball, and restored a car to resto-mod status. Looking forward to see what you produce.

Regards,
Dan

Pin Del

Feb 9, 2019, 4:35:49 PM2/9/19