AC/DC le PIC

Ben Yetter

Jan 13, 2012, 7:15:51 PM1/13/12

citznfish

Jan 13, 2012, 7:22:12 PM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 4:15 pm, Ben Yetter <yetter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=138695&bba...

oh god, using inserts to make eyes, nose, and mouth? looks silly...

hopefully that's just an illusion as there is no artwork present

jeffb418

Jan 13, 2012, 7:25:33 PM1/13/12

One flipper mini-pf?

--
jeffb418

Jeff B
--------
Salt City Pinball Group (Central NY)
http://groups.google.com/group/SaltCityPinball
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

jeffb418

Jan 13, 2012, 7:26:48 PM1/13/12

What are those three things on the backboard? Magnets?!

The CNY PIN GUY

Jan 13, 2012, 7:37:53 PM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 7:26 pm, jeffb418 <jbedna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are those three things on the backboard? Magnets?!
>
> --
> jeffb418
>
> Jeff B
> --------
> Salt City Pinball Group (Central NY)http://groups.google.com/group/SaltCityPinball
> This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com

Who Made Who ?

Who Made You ?

Borygard

Jan 13, 2012, 7:39:31 PM1/13/12
What are the three magnets on the right side of the backboard for?!?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Detroitboy

Jan 13, 2012, 7:51:33 PM1/13/12
So we are seeing 29 total inserts so far. And possibly the same ugly
mug on the lower playfield.

SpecialWhenLit

Jan 13, 2012, 7:56:54 PM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 4:39 pm, Borygard <boryg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the three magnets on the right side of the backboard for?!?
>
> --
> Rob Anthony
> Pinball Classicshttp://LockWhenLit.com
> Quality Board Work - In Home Service
> 314-766-4587
>
> On Jan 13, 6:15 pm, Ben Yetter <yetter...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=138695&bba...- Hide quoted text -

It looks like four magnets to lift the ball up to the ramp.

addam

Jan 13, 2012, 7:58:09 PM1/13/12
Don't know,but I can't wait to see it done sitting next to my GnR!!

Lloyd Olson

Jan 13, 2012, 7:59:51 PM1/13/12
2 flippers, 6 inserts, 2 roll over switches, three stand up targets. Looks
like fun.

And facing the right direction, I always thought Black Hole was facing the
wrong way.

LTG :)

"Ben Yetter" <yett...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=138695&bbat=15974&inline&fullsize

mnpinball

Jan 13, 2012, 8:03:20 PM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 6:39 pm, Borygard <boryg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the three magnets on the right side of the backboard for?!?
>
> --
> Rob Anthony
> Pinball Classicshttp://LockWhenLit.com
> Quality Board Work - In Home Service314-766-4587
>
> On Jan 13, 6:15 pm, Ben Yetter <yetter...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=138695&bba...
That's where the band members are and are animated and move in sync to
the music. Drummer drums and Angus struts the duck walk.

gearheaddroppings

Jan 13, 2012, 8:03:44 PM1/13/12
The horns cutout in the playfield are pretty cool. Curious on how the
inserts will complete the face.

mnpinball

Jan 13, 2012, 8:04:24 PM1/13/12
And they are all clear for the color changing LEDs operated with the
code.

The CNY PIN GUY

Jan 13, 2012, 8:08:46 PM1/13/12
wonder it it uses your ball in play for cellar or if there is a ball
on that field at all times, that would be a first in a LONG time

gearheaddroppings

Jan 13, 2012, 8:11:39 PM1/13/12
That was my question from the beginning. Looks like its going to be a
sealed playfield like Congo. I have a HH and having the balls go
between the playfields is probably the coolest thing about it. As for
AC/DC, I will leave my final judgement until I see it and play it in
person.

Rare Hero

Jan 13, 2012, 8:12:52 PM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 5:04 pm, mnpinball <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> And they are all clear for the color changing LEDs operated with the
> code.

That's rad...I thought WOZ was gonna do that, but the whitewoods shown
so far have colored inserts...they could still do color changes,
though...a yellow insert can still be yellow, orange, red, green.

So - J, I know the band is up in the upper right, but what do those
magnets do? Do they make the band move?

Greg

mnpinball

Jan 13, 2012, 8:12:43 PM1/13/12
Ball there all the time, does not travel.

Jim McCune (honda350r)

Jan 13, 2012, 8:12:56 PM1/13/12
Looking good ! I like it and I have to say that as I am all in for a
Black LE .

Jim

Rare Hero

Jan 13, 2012, 8:14:46 PM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 4:22 pm, citznfish <citznf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oh god, using inserts to make eyes, nose, and mouth?  looks silly...
>
> hopefully that's just an illusion as there is no artwork present

That could look really cool with the right lightshow programming. It
can go from an evil devil face (just the eyes lit, and red GI), to
Angus (lit white, no inserts lit), to totally dark (if there's a
smoked plexi on top).

Greg

Pappy Boyington

Jan 13, 2012, 8:34:52 PM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 6:51 pm, Detroitboy <basda...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Yes but that mug will be covered with flippers and targets. Might not
look so bad then.

Rich

metallik

Jan 13, 2012, 8:42:44 PM1/13/12

> Ball there all the time, does not travel.

"Welcome to... the Gamma Dimension. .. Elektra time has expired!"

Pappy Boyington

Jan 13, 2012, 8:30:50 PM1/13/12
The inserts will have artwork over them, won't look silly then.

Rich

Jim McCune (honda350r)

Jan 13, 2012, 9:21:30 PM1/13/12
I can't believe you just explained that..LOL

Jim

Ben Yetter

Jan 13, 2012, 9:27:39 PM1/13/12
Check pinball news for the latest

Beechwood

Jan 13, 2012, 9:39:59 PM1/13/12

The CSI cab art clashes with the whole ACDC theme.

My 2 cents

--
Beechwood

Joel
HIOP
"Hey, Its Only Pinball!!"

Jason

Jan 13, 2012, 10:00:09 PM1/13/12
Wow. Lower pf looks better than I would've thought. Still bummed
about the ramps, but looks like the premium/LE package has potential
to be very cool.

Woz

Jan 13, 2012, 10:01:18 PM1/13/12

Ben Yetter;1862650 Wrote:
> Check pinball news for the latest

Took me a while to find the link:

http://pinballnews.com/games/acdc/index4.html

Hell's Bell looks very cool.

--
Woz

Detroitboy

Jan 13, 2012, 9:34:56 PM1/13/12
That would be much better. Right now it looks like a pumpkin! The
color changing LED's would definately make a big difference.

Woz

Jan 13, 2012, 10:22:29 PM1/13/12

I bet the bell is going to swing the captive ball and throw it back
towards the flippers.

challanger

Jan 13, 2012, 10:36:42 PM1/13/12
glad i ordered mine --- think this may be a hit for stern

Captain Neo

Jan 14, 2012, 12:01:15 AM1/14/12
I like the bar ramp, that trucks the ball to the other side of the
field. When I look at this playfield layout in whitewood version,
it's almost laid out exactly like SST.

Pappy Boyington

Jan 14, 2012, 1:34:25 AM1/14/12
On Jan 13, 8:21 pm, "Jim McCune (honda350r)" <honda3...@gmail.com>
I don't understand? What is so hard to believe? The insert will be
painted not just the area around it. Which is what I think he
assumed.

Rich

EricSchmitt

Jan 14, 2012, 2:54:08 AM1/14/12

Reminds me of T2 with cannon on right, targets in center area, ramps and
the bell rather than skull. Pops and inlanes etc all are in same spot
too. Standups are just moved down on the left. Should play nice and
fast!

--
EricSchmitt

Steven

Jan 14, 2012, 2:58:09 AM1/14/12
> > The horns cutout in the playfield are pretty cool.  Curious on how the
> > inserts will complete the face.
>
> wonder it it uses your ball in play for cellar or if there is a ball
> on that field at all times, that would be a first in a LONG time

A mini playfield with 'normal' flippers under the playfield is a first
in a long time anyway! Hope it either isn't too easy or has an option
to be timed, so you can set it hard enough for yourself.

I think whatever will be done with those magnets (lifting the ball?)
will be a first time in pinball anyway!

Steven

Jan 14, 2012, 3:07:05 AM1/14/12
I wonder if you''l be able to chose wether to send the ball from the
left to the right ramp yourself (sometimes) so you can use it for
chosing your next shot?

Expat

Jan 14, 2012, 3:47:14 AM1/14/12
Drop the price of the LE to 5k and dump the pro models,Stern is making
a mistake w/ the cheapo versions and gouging on the real machine
But gary is greedy as always,so that won't happen and now that he has
some VC $$$ on board there's no chance you'll see any reasonable
pricing again from Stern

The problem wasnt the price of the machines before it was Gary's cost
cutting and a string of sub-par uninspired pins that killed sales

The...@thekorn.net

Jan 14, 2012, 8:50:50 AM1/14/12
On Jan 13, 9:22 pm, Woz <woz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I bet the bell is going to swing the captive ball and throw it back
> towards the flippers.

If I had to guess (and that's what this is), I'd bet the swinging
newton ball could either knock the ball back straight to the flippers,
or divert it under the left ramp.

cody chunn

Jan 14, 2012, 9:17:20 AM1/14/12
When I saw the Pro pic I thought: "Wow, another stripped down turd".

The "UE" (unlimited edition, heh) actually looks pretty cool. Sure, it's a
T2 rework, but T2 is a good game that suffered from weak code. I think a
revisited T2 layout with an ACDC theme, better rules and a bunch of other
stuff chucked in for good measure is right on time. I will say this game's
pics look more interesting than the last several I have seen.

I think playing both fields at the same time is going to be killer, although
I'll probably never see one in person.

-cody

"Ben Yetter" wrote in message

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=138695&bbat=15974&inline&fullsize

Borygard

Jan 14, 2012, 9:26:27 AM1/14/12
It doesn't look to me that the bell is powered in any way. Just a
sensor to detect hits, and the magnet to get it swinging remotely.. So
I doubt there will be any throwing or diverting of the ball by the
bell.

The Premium is looking to be great, but still no where near worth
$7K.. Hell they could have Angus' real head coming out the coin door
giving blow jobs with every play, and it's still not a $7K game. $7K
for a Stern is just insanity.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

cody chunn

Todd S.

Jan 14, 2012, 10:38:15 AM1/14/12
On Jan 14, 10:22 am, "cody chunn" <cchu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Why does there appear to be magnets under the ramps?
>
> -cody
>
> "Borygard"  wrote in message

> What are the three magnets on the right side of the backboard for?!?
>
> --
> Rob Anthony
> Pinball Classicshttp://LockWhenLit.com
> Quality Board Work - In Home Service
> 314-766-4587
>
> On Jan 13, 6:15 pm, Ben Yetter <yetter...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=138695&bba...

Yep, love the theme and the layout, but PRICE! As others have said
"Glad to be able to play one when they ship"
Todd S.

Pinballradio

Jan 14, 2012, 11:17:11 AM1/14/12
I hope some arcade in NJ gets a LE (not the clown faced pro) so I can
try it.

Pinballradio

Jan 14, 2012, 11:16:16 AM1/14/12
I have to agree here. If these ACDC LE games have parts flying off
after 20 games and drop targets that shoot the ball on top of toys as
well as other mechanical issues/unfinished code, I don't want to see
what RGP is going to look like in a few months!!! Stern has
officially priced me out as a customer...and the pro version is an
absolute laugh.
The LE here does look to be the best since Spidey Black though as far
as features! That's good news! But spidey black was 4600.00 NIB, not
7.8K.
Guess we'll see...

gpsdrew

Jan 14, 2012, 11:58:40 AM1/14/12

Really like the way the premium is showing up, I have faith that it's
going to play great!

--
gpsdrew

stevenp

Jan 14, 2012, 12:20:25 PM1/14/12

Pinballradio;1862918 Wrote:

> I hope some arcade in NJ gets a LE (not the clown faced pro) so I can
> try it.

Might see a Premium on location, but I doubt an LE. They'll probably
play pretty much the same tho.

--
stevenp

Lloyd Olson

Jan 14, 2012, 1:39:40 PM1/14/12
I hope Stern does a good job building them and making them last.

I don't need a flood of emails with ACDC owners not wanting to post here and
needing help.

LTG :)

"Pinballradio" <pinbal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

mnpinball

Jan 14, 2012, 1:46:14 PM1/14/12
And Spidey has a moving 3-bank and 1 magnet, ohhhhhh ahhhhhh ;)

Btw, I asked Steve about air ball issues on AC/DC because of the
cannon and the 3 lightning bolts above the targets. He said it's plays
mean, fast, the devil lives in the ball and there were no air balls.
He put his heart and soul into it with no compromise.

John I

Jan 14, 2012, 1:46:47 PM1/14/12

Pinballradio;1862923 Wrote:
> But spidey black was 4600.00 NIB, not 7.8K.
> Guess we'll see...

Haha. Funny how people play with prices to prove their point. $4600
would be the extreme low price ever paid for a BSM and $7800 is a crazy
high price for ACDC LE. Please compare apples to apple. And try
somewhere else if you think $7800 is the going rate.

John

--
John I

Come to the Florida Arcade and Pinball Expo in February and get out of
the cold!
http://www.floridaape.org/

Pinballradio

Jan 14, 2012, 1:57:29 PM1/14/12
I paid 4600 roughly for spidey black (with taxes and freight it was
like 4750 if I recall). 7.7K is right off Mr. Pinball today from
Trent selling the 2 LE's with backglasses.
I am not playing with numbers at all. So it is apples to apples if
you ask me...I did mistakenly put 7.8K below instead of 7.7K. My
mistake.
From Mr. Pinball...
AC/DC Limited Edition Back In Black, 2012 Stern: 7695.00
1 of 300 made. Price includes free shipping in the US. Authorized
stern distributor. Keep flippin'.
AC/DC Limited Edition Let There be Rock, 2012 Stern: 7695.00
1 of 200 made. Price includes free shipping in the US. Authorized
stern distributor. Keep flippin'.

The point I am making is why the 2.5-3K jump for the same boards, same
cabinet, same everything? Maybe making a backglass since 07 has
increased 2.5K?
I hope it does well for them (and works/has finished code). Time will
tell.

> > But spidey black was 4600.00 NIB, not 7.8K.
> > Guess we'll see...
>
> Haha.  Funny how people play with prices to prove their point.  $4600
> would be the extreme low price ever paid for a BSM and $7800 is a crazy
> high price for ACDC LE.  Please compare apples to apple.  And try
> somewhere else if you think $7800 is the going rate.
>
> John
>
> --
> John I
>
> Come to the Florida Arcade and Pinball Expo in February and get out of
> the cold!http://www.floridaape.org/

Ben Yetter

Jan 14, 2012, 2:12:07 PM1/14/12

Magic Mike

Jan 14, 2012, 2:33:17 PM1/14/12
> I bet the bell is going to swing the captive ball and throw it back
> towards the flippers.

Hopefully they didn't use the Taco Bell sound effect for the bell.

Mike

John I

Jan 14, 2012, 2:39:14 PM1/14/12

Ok, so you did compare a great price that did not include shipping with
an advertised price on Mr Pinball that does include shipping. You also
somehow rounded $7695 up to $7800. Compare retail prices or compare
bottom line prices from the same vendor (without exaggeration) or you
are not comparing apples to apple. Also, ACDC LE appears to have a lot
more stuff in it than B Spiderman did.

John

Pinballradio;1863046 Wrote:
> I paid 4600 roughly for spidey black (with taxes and freight it was
> like 4750 if I recall). 7.7K is right off Mr. Pinball today from
> Trent selling the 2 LE's with backglasses.
> I am not playing with numbers at all. So it is apples to apples if
> you ask me...I did mistakenly put 7.8K below instead of 7.7K. My
> mistake.
> From Mr. Pinball...
> AC/DC Limited Edition Back In Black, 2012 Stern: 7695.00
> 1 of 300 made. Price includes free shipping in the US. Authorized
> stern distributor. Keep flippin'.
> AC/DC Limited Edition Let There be Rock, 2012 Stern: 7695.00
> 1 of 200 made. Price includes free shipping in the US. Authorized
> stern distributor. Keep flippin'.
>
> The point I am making is why the 2.5-3K jump for the same boards, same
> cabinet, same everything? Maybe making a backglass since 07 has
> increased 2.5K?
> I hope it does well for them (and works/has finished code). Time will
> tell.
>

> > > But spidey black was 4600.00 NIB, not 7.8K.
> > > Guess we'll see...
> >
> > Haha. *Funny how people play with prices to prove their point. *$4600
> > would be the extreme low price ever paid for a BSM and $7800 is a
> crazy
> > high price for ACDC LE. *Please compare apples to apple. *And try
> > somewhere else if you think $7800 is the going rate.
> >
> > John
> >
> > --
> > John I
> >
> > Come to the Florida Arcade and Pinball Expo in February and get out
> of
> > the cold!http://www.floridaape.org/
> > This USENET post sent from *http://rgparchive.com

stevenp

Jan 14, 2012, 3:50:32 PM1/14/12

Pinballradio;1862923 Wrote:

> The LE here does look to be the best since Spidey Black though as far
> as features! That's good news! But spidey black was 4600.00 NIB, not
> 7.8K.
> Guess we'll see...

Wait, let me get this straight. You're saying AC/DC LE is the best since
BSM wrt features? Yo do realize that all of those "features" (minus a
few purely cosmetic changes) are all in the original SM edition, which
sold for around $4k not so long ago. So shouldn't you be comparing AC/DC
LE to regular SM? (OK, add a couple of cans of black spray paint for
$10...)

--
stevenp

mr tobias

Jan 14, 2012, 4:24:42 PM1/14/12
On Jan 14, 12:39 am, Borygard <boryg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the three magnets on the right side of the backboard for?!?
>
> --
> Rob Anthony
> Pinball Classicshttp://LockWhenLit.com
> Quality Board Work - In Home Service
> 314-766-4587
>
> On Jan 13, 6:15 pm, Ben Yetter <yetter...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=138695&bba...- Hide quoted text -

The animated band feature?

Rare Hero

Jan 14, 2012, 4:24:25 PM1/14/12
On Jan 14, 12:50 pm, stevenp <steven...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wait, let me get this straight. You're saying AC/DC LE is the best since
> BSM wrt features? Yo do realize that all of those "features" (minus a
> few purely cosmetic changes) are all in the original SM edition, which
> sold for around $4k not so long ago. So shouldn't you be comparing AC/DC
> LE to regular SM? (OK, add a couple of cans of black spray paint for
> $10...)

If you're going to compare, AC/DC Premium = Spider-Man Red.....AC/DC
LE = Spider-Man Black. Same game - different art, trim, shaker
installed, real backglass.

Greg

mr tobias

Jan 14, 2012, 5:20:35 PM1/14/12
Strange, the 'Super Lanes' and 'Super Loops' inserts seen just above
the flippers on both the Pro whitewood and finished playfield are
missing from the Premium/LE whitewood.

My initial impression is that this game is not heavily mode based, but
who knows what they've got in mind given the gameplay and scoring
options they say players will be presented with.

Jcraigcx

Jan 14, 2012, 6:24:45 PM1/14/12

mr tobias;1863222 Wrote:
> On Jan 14, 12:15*am, Ben Yetter <yetter... (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:
> >
> http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=138695&bba....
>
> My initial impression is that this game is not heavily mode based, but
> who knows what they've got in mind given the gameplay and scoring
> options they say players will be presented with.

As a buyer of LTBR LE, this is my biggest concern. I love modes and
indeed the playfield doesn't seem to have a bunch of mode inserts.
Where is the wizard insert? Mini-wizard??

Obviously I have some degree of faith or I wouldn't have pre-ordered. I
hope I'm not disappointed.

-Craig

--
Jcraigcx

stevenp

Jan 14, 2012, 6:41:48 PM1/14/12

Rare Hero;1863180 Wrote:
OK to compare Premium with regular SM, but the point of the original
comparison I responded to was the amount of features you get at what
price. (The post I replied to said that BSM was the last LE with all the
cool features, when the regular has the same features.) So, for the game
with all the 'features' we have: AC/DC Premium $7k, SM around $4k.

JohnKinKokomo

Jan 14, 2012, 7:29:36 PM1/14/12
Pinball has become a rich mans game. Sad but true. I hope all who buy
are happy, I cannot afford it.

SaBbRa CaDaBra

Jan 14, 2012, 9:03:59 PM1/14/12
On Jan 14, 7:29 pm, JohnKinKokomo <s.kn...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Pinball has become a rich mans game. Sad but true. I hope all who buy
> are happy, I cannot afford it.

It's not a rich man's game, it's just overpriced. You're still in the
game. There are plenty of games that provide bang for the buck.
Actually more bang than buck.

Big12bus

Jan 14, 2012, 9:48:44 PM1/14/12
Stevep....

You sure have alot of opinion about Stern games. Which ones do you
own ? I am assuming quite a few...

Or at one time you did...

Bill

TheKorn

Jan 15, 2012, 8:34:49 AM1/15/12
Borygard <bory...@gmail.com> wrote in news:78f62d7b-29c5-4c6a-a7de-0fe97e86f568
@h12g2000yqg.googlegroups.com:

> It doesn't look to me that the bell is powered in any way. Just a
> sensor to detect hits, and the magnet to get it swinging remotely.. So
> I doubt there will be any throwing or diverting of the ball by the
> bell.

Depends on where you put the magnet. I was envisioning a magnet like a magna-save
magnet, but ever-so-slightly off of the rest position (either forward or backward).
That would allow (with proper pulsing) the game to start ringing the bell, allow the
game to hold the bell steady, or with some good timing, pull the bell back to home
position allowing for a good ball strike to possibly divert it. (Wouldn't work if
the ball is riding the right wall, but otherwise probably would.)

Just thinking out loud here.

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the web or on
DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

stevenp

Jan 15, 2012, 1:20:21 PM1/15/12

Big12bus;1863408 Wrote:
> On Jan 14, 8:50*pm, stevenp <steven... (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:
> > Pinballradio;1862923 Wrote:
> >

> > > The LE here does look to be the best since Spidey Black though as
> far
> > > as features! *That's good news! *But spidey black was 4600.00 NIB,
> not
> > > 7.8K.
> > > Guess we'll see...
> >
> > Wait, let me get this straight. You're saying AC/DC LE is the best
> since
> > BSM wrt features? Yo do realize that all of those "features" (minus a
> > few purely cosmetic changes) are all in the original SM edition, which
> > sold for around $4k not so long ago. So shouldn't you be comparing
> AC/DC
> > LE to regular SM? (OK, add a couple of cans of black spray paint for
> > $10...)
> >
> > --
> > stevenp
> > This USENET post sent from *http://rgparchive.com
>
> Stevep....
>
> You sure have alot of opinion about Stern games. Which ones do you
> own ? I am assuming quite a few...
>
> Or at one time you did...
>
> Bill

Right now I have a LOTR LE and WPT (both great games IMO), would like to
own a SM someday, also have a Sega and a couple of DE games, and enjoy
all of them. And I play pretty much all of the recent Stern games
locally as well.

PeterGEvans

Jan 15, 2012, 2:07:39 PM1/15/12
Maybe I'm blind, but where is the shot that sends you to the lower
play field? And is there something to kick it back out besides just
launching a new ball? Maybe I'm thinking HH/BH too much here, but I'm
hoping that the lower play field isn't just used an an end of ball
bonus.

I suppose it could be that you just lock a ball somewhere and then
play the lower play field. There really isn't a need to transport the
exact ball down and up.

cody chunn

Jan 15, 2012, 2:14:50 PM1/15/12
Apparently it has a captive ball that stays down there. Balls don't travel
between fields.

-cody

"PeterGEvans" wrote in message

TheKorn

Jan 15, 2012, 2:39:33 PM1/15/12
My guess is the right orbit shot is your man.

--
TheKorn

Gerry

Jan 29, 2012, 12:42:44 AM1/29/12
I am still reading things from people bashing the PRO....

I thought the video from Pinball news was great....the game looks fast
and fun, who gives a fuck about the face really...

I got a BIB comin, an cant wait, but the PRO still looks like it has
alot to offer and it appears to be a soild game w/ lots going on...

I cant wait to hear the reveiws after some of you guys get to put some
time on it.........

The vid shows speed, and lots of effort needed to keep the balls in
play...i thought thats some of the things we all like in gameplay..

Correct me if i'm wrong...PLEASE !

Pinballchamp

Jan 29, 2012, 12:47:55 AM1/29/12
> Correct me if i'm wrong...PLEASE !- Hide quoted text -

Rumour is boys that another version of LE ACDC will come out with
different song title
GS underestimated the interest and underproduced the LE!
Ive got a BIB on order and if this was to happen I would be totally
pissed off!

Gerry

Jan 29, 2012, 2:21:28 AM1/29/12
> pissed off!- Hide quoted text -

I would be more than a bit pissed as well, as I (and everyone else
that preordered) spent an assload of money on this game the (LE), for
its LIMITED PRODUCTION, and extras..

not to have it be, MASS PRODUCED !

apimo...@yahoo.com

Jan 29, 2012, 3:50:00 AM1/29/12
> not to have it be, MASS PRODUCED !- Hide quoted text -

Make as many LE's as they can sell. If someone really wants one,
they'll find the dough. Tough $h!t about the VANITY aspect of ''001 of
200,'' etc. Drop the plate numbers and crank 'em out!

eagle68

Jan 29, 2012, 4:25:26 AM1/29/12
On Jan 29, 12:47 am, Pinballchamp <enqu...@snackstop.com.au> wrote:
> pissed off!- Hide quoted text -

Doesn't really bother me, as long as they are consistent. If they
crank out more ACDC LE's they need to crank out more Tron LE's, so
either do both or none, but be consistent. They are a business with a
profit motive after all and need to make a good return for their
investors. I don't think they should place any artificial caps on
production to begin with. Just make good full featured machines and
let the market decide how many it wants. Drop the whole "collector"
"limited production" thing. IMHO.

mr tobias

Jan 29, 2012, 5:18:31 AM1/29/12
On Jan 29, 8:50 am, "apimomf...@yahoo.com" <apimomf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> 200,'' etc. Drop the plate numbers and crank 'em out!- Hide quoted text -

I thought that was the purpose of the Premium version, though with it
being priced so close to the LEs it's not difficult to see why
collectors would go for the latter.

It will be utterly bizarre if another LE version is announced. I find
it hard to believe Stern will do that, but if they do then it
demonstrates they believe they've got collectors dancing on their
strings.

goodgameslover

Jan 29, 2012, 5:45:45 AM1/29/12

And if they build a 3th one, and they also sell out, then there believe
is justified! :D

--
goodgameslover

Current Collection : MM, TSPP, MB, POTC, FT, AFM, The Flintstones, IM,
T3, Tron LE (112#), TF ADE (42#), LOTR, CV
Moved On : TAF, IJ (WMS)

EZ SLEEZE E

Jan 29, 2012, 12:23:26 PM1/29/12
Run another line of "ACDC Chrome ED 1000"! They'll sell! That's smart
and it's good for pinball. BIB is still the one to have. Just wait
till the ACDC guys see them, not pinball guys. ACDC guys! SOLD! If
Stern drops "Walking Dead" or Resident Evil on the market next. Little
bird told me. Watch out! There is the highly requested Zombie game. So
Stern pops ACDC and it's clearly taking off, launches a Zombie theme!
Who in their right mind would buy a WOZ and Hobit if you had to make
choice! I'll take a Zombie game and can sell 5 with my pre-order cash!
Can Stern pull back to back "Aces"?

Todd S.

Jan 29, 2012, 12:45:05 PM1/29/12
Maybe they'll just rename the LTBR to HTH since the color scheme
matches HELL better.

stevenp

Jan 29, 2012, 12:50:54 PM1/29/12

Gerry;1873818 Wrote:
> On Jan 29, 12:47*am, Pinballchamp <enqu... (AT) snackstop.com (DOT) au>
> wrote:
>
> > Rumour is boys that another version of LE ACDC will come out with
> > different song title
> > GS underestimated the interest and underproduced the LE!
> > Ive got a BIB on order and if this was to happen I would be totally
> > pissed off!- Hide quoted text -

> I would be more than a bit pissed as well, as I (and everyone else
> that preordered) spent an assload of money on this game the (LE), for
> its LIMITED PRODUCTION, and extras..
>
> not to have it be, MASS PRODUCED !

But it wouldn't be (or already is, depending on how you look at it). The
BIB and LTBR LEs will still be limited. They're not making more of
those. They'll make more of a *different* LE. Or, gameplaywise, the LEs
are already being mass-produced as the Premium version, so anyone can
get the extra features without the added price of the LE (but with the
added price relative to the Pro, of course).

As for why Stern is doing this LE song and dance these days: well, it
certainly got a lot of, err, sophisticated buyers, to jump in and pay
ridiculous money for a game sight unseen for fear of them selling out.

--
stevenp

chuck

Jan 29, 2012, 1:06:15 PM1/29/12
On Jan 29, 12:47 am, Pinballchamp <enqu...@snackstop.com.au> wrote:
Rumor has it that I'm taking over for HH at the Playboy Mansion. Rumor
also has it that mnpinball purchased jersey jack pinball, has stopped
production of woz, and will instead release a pinball machine about
killer bees. In more rumors Mr 68 was hired to reprise Tom Hanks roll
in the adult sequel, "Shaving Ryan's Privates" to be released in June.

Todd S.

Jan 29, 2012, 1:34:32 PM1/29/12
Now that I believe Chuck. Keep them coming.

Frank Furhter

Jan 29, 2012, 4:26:17 PM1/29/12
There is no fair in business, customer or not. Stern knows this, and
acts accordingly. The fair in business is where cash pays the salary of
the king in charge, the VC that pumped it back to life, and continues
the operations on a daily basis. There is no need for them to be
'consistent' about cranking out one model and another because you say
so. The market will demand what they do.

mnpinball

Jan 29, 2012, 4:48:59 PM1/29/12
Actually the Playboy Mansion part is true, I seen pics on Chucks phone
at expo.

Mr. 68

Jan 30, 2012, 8:43:23 AM1/30/12
On Jan 29, 11:06 am, chuck <ch...@clhess.com> wrote:
> In more rumors Mr 68 was hired to reprise Tom Hanks roll
> in the adult sequel, "Shaving Ryan's Privates" to be released in June.

I don’t do nude.

Kim - CARGPB #36 - Basement Pirate
http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

Lloyd Olson

Jan 30, 2012, 1:31:08 PM1/30/12
Sorry to hear that. LTG :(

"Mr. 68" <Mr...@q.com> wrote in message
On Jan 29, 11:06 am, chuck <ch...@clhess.com> wrote:
> In more rumors Mr 68 was hired to reprise Tom Hanks roll
> in the adult sequel, "Shaving Ryan's Privates" to be released in June.

I don’t do nude.
Too many scars.