Anybody interested in collaborating on new Spider-Man plastics?

Jeff Rivera (jar155)

May 23, 2010, 1:07:40 PM5/23/10
The only real fault I find with SM is the ugly plastics set on that
machine. Everything else looks great, in my opinion. I'd like to
create a new set of plastics, but I think I might need some help doing
so. I need the following:

- 100% scale scans of the current plastics (if I can't get one, I'll
buy an extra set to use, but I figured I'd see if anybody already had
this good to go)
- People to help find art assets for various plastics
- A volunteer or two to try them out in their own machine once ready

I already have:

- Access to a printer
- Laser cutter
- Materials needed
- Just enough motivation to think that this is a good idea

I think after getting the art done and a consensus from the group that
what we have is fit for installation into a SM machine that I'll run
2-3 sets. From there I can evaluate how hard it is, the cost, and
whether or not I just want to share all the files for free (will do
this anyway) or if I want to take the next step and produce a few
runs. I'm not looking to make anything on this. Anything I charge when
running these would merely be to cover materials cost and time. If
there are legal issues with "selling" these sets, I'll just share all
the files for free later and I can cut blank plastics and people can
make their own. Either way, it should result in an easier way to get
those ugly actor mugs off of the plastics.

If you're interested in helping in any aspect, let me know. My most
pressing need would be the 100% scale scans of the current set,
however.

I'll share my early mockup ideas later. I have a few rolling around in
my head that I think would be pretty cool. My mindset here is not to
just replace one Photoshop collage with another, so creativity is a
bonus!

toyboy6

May 23, 2010, 1:29:08 PM5/23/10

I'll be doing a shop job on my machine in the next week or so. I
should be able to help with the scanning. Slingshots have to be
priority one!!!!!

Scott

evolve-studios (Ken)

May 23, 2010, 3:11:47 PM5/23/10

If you need help with the artwork, I can do vector line artwork or any
other photoshop type work you might need
Doing Graphic and web design for 15 yrs might actually pay off lol...

Todd

May 23, 2010, 3:33:27 PM5/23/10
> just replace one Photoshop collage with another, so creativity is aIl
> bonus!

I like what JPsalas did with his Visual Pinball version.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/modules/UpDownload/shots/1755.jpg

One side is the black SM and the other is Red. Anything is better than
Tobey and Kirstin.

Jason Cross

May 23, 2010, 3:43:10 PM5/23/10

Man, you are right. This VP version looks way better than the factory
ones. I also think the plastics on this game are the only drawbacks.
If you or anyone gets this done, count me in for a set. I will buy in
a heartbeat and I dont even have SM, yet that is. . Jason

TyEdit

May 23, 2010, 3:45:18 PM5/23/10
On May 23, 10:07 am, "Jeff Rivera (jar155)" <jar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only real fault I find with SM is the ugly plastics set on that
> machine. Everything else looks great, in my opinion.

Awesome! Thanks to you guys for taking on this mission. I couldn't
agree more.

I am surprised it took this long for someone to do this. I have
always been a critic of the "totem poll plastic" on the left hand side
with the stack of actor heads. Not to mention the resolution on all
of them is fit for Sunday comics. ;-)

Best of luck on your project. Post what you end up doing!

Ty

turbo20lbs

May 23, 2010, 4:24:02 PM5/23/10
> Best of luck on your project.  Post what you end up doing! That VP artwork looks damn aweseom
>
> Ty

This shitty artwork on the plastics is one of the reasons I wouldn't
get a SM. That VP artwork looks damn awesome. Good luck guys if you
end up giving it a shot.

erickit

May 23, 2010, 4:33:25 PM5/23/10
> Tobey and Kirstin.- Hide quoted text -

I would be in for a set of these also.

Eric

mgk

May 23, 2010, 5:44:20 PM5/23/10
done well, these would sell.

blubbo

May 23, 2010, 7:28:25 PM5/23/10
I'm in for a set.
Dan

scooter

May 23, 2010, 8:19:58 PM5/23/10

I would be interested in a set also

pmwolf

May 23, 2010, 8:29:36 PM5/23/10

Throw in a spelling correction for "You Ooze you Loose (sic)", and I'm
in. =)

Pete

spins

May 23, 2010, 9:06:36 PM5/23/10

Im in for a set as well

AFM_TZ

May 23, 2010, 9:25:41 PM5/23/10
I would buy a set for sure.

Joe Jet

May 23, 2010, 9:57:33 PM5/23/10

Those ugly mugs gotta go on SM. Too bad Batman will be more difficult
to eradicate "ugly chick"

Kirsten Dunst is such a turn off... but then i watched this and now i
am confused..... maybe she should have taken drugs earlier in life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAR4cg8xhX4

BoJo

May 23, 2010, 11:12:25 PM5/23/10
I would be in and have waited a long time for this to happen. Those
slings gotta go. The ones JPsalas did in his VP look very nice.

DugFreez

May 24, 2010, 1:33:31 AM5/24/10

Where is this table located? I've searched VPForums.org and can't
find it anywhere.

AAPIN

May 24, 2010, 11:55:39 AM5/24/10
I don't know what I can do, but I would love to help!
...I could always test the set in my BSM :-)

Jeff Rivera (jar155)

May 24, 2010, 12:20:50 PM5/24/10
On May 24, 9:55 am, AAPIN <nt4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't know what I can do, but I would love to help!
> ...I could always test the set in my BSM :-)

Quick update for everybody.

Tons of offers have poured in to help, and I'll sort through them and
get back to everybody. I'll probably set up a subdomain on one of my
sites to keep information posted about the progress of all of this and
let people chime in on how the designs are coming along.

Thanks for all the help and enthusiasm!