OT: Does anyone have a Budweiser carousel hanging light?

John Dayhuff

Mar 17, 2012, 8:36:40 PM3/17/12
I need to see how the light underneath is mounted inside of one of
these as I just picked up one for cheap but its missing the entire
light pieces and I cant even tell how its gets wired in. I cant find
anything on line about it. Can someone that has one send me pics of
the light fixture thats mounted inside and perhaps tell me how it gets
wired in too ?
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

William Brower

Mar 17, 2012, 9:14:43 PM3/17/12

I can't help you John, But those were made in limited numbers...I think
only about 500 were made. My brother-in-law sold one for close to
$500.00 a few years back. It is a very nice collectors item.

Good-Luck

Bill

--
William Brower
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

John Dayhuff

Mar 17, 2012, 9:24:31 PM3/17/12
This is a original one made back in the later sixty's or early
seventy's. They were later repo'd in the ninty's I believe.

William Brower

Mar 17, 2012, 9:33:45 PM3/17/12

yep, I know of them, about three foot round and the horses go round in
the globe, very cool. I hope you get it running again. We had it set up
in my father's basement for years.

John Dayhuff

Mar 17, 2012, 9:38:33 PM3/17/12
The motor works great, but there is no evidence of a light being in
this thing and I just cant find anything on it anywhere's. Help ,
somebody.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

William Brower

Mar 17, 2012, 9:43:44 PM3/17/12

John, I believe it had a "circle line" florescent tube in it. The tube
just plugs into a 4-wire socket. And it was on top if I remember
correctly.

John Dayhuff

Mar 17, 2012, 9:52:30 PM3/17/12
Judgeing by the video's and pictures I'm seeing on line it looks like
the light is in the bottom from the way it glows...but anything
possible I guess. I just need some pictures to see what its supposed
to look like on the inside.

William Brower

Mar 17, 2012, 9:52:54 PM3/17/12

Something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/7ojv3n7

John Dayhuff

Mar 17, 2012, 10:15:42 PM3/17/12
Yeah I know the light itself, but how was it mounted into the
fixture? And where were the wires connected inside ?

patrick

Mar 17, 2012, 10:04:56 PM3/17/12
Hey John I just sold one a couple weeks ago. I had this thing
completely apart. It has a round flourescent tube about 8 - 10 inches
if I remember right. There is the lamp ballast mounted in the middle
of the bulb powered by a white and a black wire. All of this is
mounted under the white disc that mounts the horses and carriage.
There should have been clips to hold the bulb. Any other help let me
know.

William Brower

Mar 17, 2012, 10:47:50 PM3/17/12

John,

I bet if you were to buy an 10"-18" "circle line" drum fixture, you will
find all the parts needed to get that baby working. All the clips and
ballast (bulb sold separate) to get it working. Buy one and you will be
on the right path to get it functioning they way it came out of the
factory. If the wiring is not there, just send 120 volts to the new
ballast and retro-fit the rest into place. Sounds like you found a
winner.

Good-luck

John Dayhuff

Mar 17, 2012, 10:51:12 PM3/17/12
Yeah I'm sure thats what I'll end up doing , but was just hoping to
find out what its really supposed to look like. I'll get it one way
or another and it will be well worth it. Thanks for all your help
Bill.

Hogey

Mar 17, 2012, 11:03:57 PM3/17/12

I've always wanted one of these John...why don't you just sell it to me
as is??

Hogey

--
Hogey

John Dayhuff

Mar 17, 2012, 11:07:05 PM3/17/12
Got any more MM games to trade me for it ?
;)

Hogey

Mar 17, 2012, 11:21:56 PM3/17/12

ouch...I'm fresh out at this time...

Hogey

Mar 18, 2012, 12:03:40 AM3/18/12

and you said you didn't like the game anyway if I remember correctly...

repa...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 9:29:13 AM10/26/15
Too Smokey Coolidge: thank you for comments in this post. I have the same sign, but it needs a new motor. Do you have to take the whole sign apart to access it, or is it accessible from just the top or bottom sections? Thanks!

bingo...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2015, 9:10:04 PM11/7/15
Do you still want to buy one(Bud Parade Unit Globe)? Almost 4 years later here, ha!

John Dayhuff

Nov 8, 2015, 8:08:16 AM11/8/15
If you have some really nice globes I'm VERY interested. Email me back at Pinh...@sbcglobal.net and lets talk about what you have.
Thanks,

limme...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2016, 11:19:45 PM4/8/16
Anyone keen to sell their Budweiser Carousel hanging light? Please do email me at limme...@gmail.com

Thanks!
Jo

limme...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2016, 11:21:51 PM4/8/16
Hey there, do you still hv the Budweiser globe light? Want to sell it? Email me limme...@gmail.com

Thanks
Jo

limme...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2016, 11:23:24 PM4/8/16
Hi. Do you want to sell your Budweiser globe light? Email me limme...@gmail.com

Thanks
Jo

John Dayhuff

Apr 9, 2016, 5:18:53 AM4/9/16
Hi Jo,

Yes I still have it but sorry its not for sale. There's always plenty on Ebay but prices are all over the map. Plus it depends if your buying original or repo and if it lights up or not as some were made to not light up (by law) and of course if the motor works.
Good luck.

#1junkie

Apr 21, 2016, 1:29:16 PM4/21/16
Has anyone ever seen the Budweiser blimp pool table light ?? maybe from the 90's

John Dayhuff

Apr 21, 2016, 10:52:17 PM4/21/16

#1junkie

Apr 22, 2016, 8:33:49 AM4/22/16
Yes That's the one. That is awesome

timmye...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 8:57:33 PM7/13/16
Still wanna buy one?

John Dayhuff

Jul 13, 2016, 10:00:39 PM7/13/16
Depending on the condition, price and location I might. I'm in the need of some really crystal clear globes to replace my yellow ones. So let me know.

tya...@yahoo.com

Jul 14, 2016, 12:52:32 PM7/14/16
If John passes, I would be interested. LMK

alexisho...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2016, 2:20:45 AM7/20/16
I have a reproduction that was manufactured in 1996. It does need a new motor. I'm all about selling this if anyone is interested.

sting...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2016, 1:59:42 PM9/11/16
Hi John,
Do you know how to take the Carousel Lamp Apart? Mine stopped turning. I can hear the motor whirring, but it's not going around. I don't know where to start.

Thanks,
Bob

John Dayhuff

Sep 11, 2016, 2:38:42 PM9/11/16
Hi Bob,
Send me a private email and I'll send you pictures that might help. Here's my email address. Pinh...@sbcglobal.net
Thanks,

jmoni...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2016, 10:38:21 AM10/12/16
Budweiser globe with Clydesdales Clydesdale long clock mirrors lots of stuff steins 774-930-7666 can text pics

John Dayhuff

Oct 12, 2016, 4:08:21 PM10/12/16
I'm still looking for two more crystal clear carousel globes, I'll even take repo's if there nice. Let me know.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

bre...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2016, 6:20:55 PM10/23/16
We have a Budweiser carousel that we are looking to sell, is there anyone on here still looking to buy one? We are located in Iowa.

John Dayhuff

Oct 23, 2016, 8:32:31 PM10/23/16
Depends on the price and condition. Tell us about it and how much your asking and if your willing to ship or not and also if its an original or repop.

bre...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 3:34:34 PM10/24/16
It is in good condition, I have pictures but can't figure out how to post them here? We are looking to sell for around $600. I would prefer it to be picked up but would ship if necessary.
Message has been deleted

bre...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 3:39:42 PM10/24/16
It has the Clydesdale horses, Dalmatian puppies and the two men driving the wagon. It lights up as well and weighs about 30lbs

jtr...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2016, 3:03:51 PM10/31/16
Does anyone have an idea how to replace the ballast? I have the replacement one without the starter. It has 2 red and 2 blue wires and can plug in to the 12 inch circline either way (unlike the original). The wires it attaches to are red, blue, white and black. I don't want to hok it up wrong.

Welchala

Dec 6, 2016, 7:41:08 PM12/6/16
Has anyone found a copy of the original parts list and repair sheet?

It would be nice to get some copies out on the net.

It would be good to have some documentation.

John Dayhuff

Dec 6, 2016, 10:20:20 PM12/6/16
What I really want is at least two more globes that are scratch free and crystal clear. Anyone?

welc...@yahoo.com

Dec 8, 2016, 5:17:33 PM12/8/16

The one person was selling one globe section for $250. LOL

I need 4 globes to put together a carousel I have.

I wonder if these could be made with a 3D printer?

I guess just keep an eye on eBay.

John, do you have 4 globes?

John Dayhuff

Dec 9, 2016, 5:21:31 AM12/9/16
I have eight technically, only because I have two carousel's at the moment......LOL. :)
About three years ago (I think) I bought two globes off Ebay along with a spare motor and trim pieces etc. and replaced the two worst globes (one globe had a hole in it the size of a golf ball) in one of my carousel's.
Like you I'm always on the look out for two more crystal clear globes.

pater...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 12:17:52 AM1/18/17
I'm attempting to put a carousel I bought that was in pieces back together. Pretty sure I have all the motor and lights figured out...now my question is, how does the globe not spin with the carousel? HELP!!!

pater...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 12:20:07 AM1/18/17
Not sure how this site works. You can send emails to paters...@hotmail.com thank you

pater...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 12:20:24 AM1/18/17

crl5...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2017, 1:29:34 PM1/27/17
Hi I have a budweiser Carousal I'm looking to sell.
What is your email. I can send pics and a bideo. It worKS flawlessly. It is in very good condition.

crl5...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2017, 1:31:40 PM1/27/17

crl5...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2017, 1:31:43 PM1/27/17

crl5...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2017, 1:31:44 PM1/27/17

crl5...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2017, 1:31:45 PM1/27/17

crl5...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2017, 1:36:21 PM1/27/17
Hi I have a budweiser Carousal light that works great and I'm looking to sell. If interested I can email pics and a video of it working.

iloveme...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2017, 11:20:55 PM2/18/17
Can you help me I took mine apart and don't remember where each wire goes from the switch to motor to ballast and there's a jumper for some reason

dsgrah...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2017, 5:32:28 PM10/5/17
On Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 5:36:40 PM UTC-7, John Dayhuff wrote:
> I need to see how the light underneath is mounted inside of one of
> these as I just picked up one for cheap but its missing the entire
> light pieces and I cant even tell how its gets wired in. I cant find
> anything on line about it. Can someone that has one send me pics of
> the light fixture thats mounted inside and perhaps tell me how it gets
> wired in too ?
> Thanks
> John P. Dayhuff
> Battle Creek, MI.
> 269-979-3836

Just bought one, what can I help you with?? Don

sloans...@yahoo.com

Dec 5, 2017, 2:01:21 PM12/5/17
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 12:17:52 AM UTC-5, pater...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm attempting to put a carousel I bought that was in pieces back together. Pretty sure I have all the motor and lights figured out...now my question is, how does the globe not spin with the carousel? HELP!!!

do you have a one line wiring diagram for a budweiser carousel parade light?

white...@gmail.com

May 11, 2018, 3:53:17 PM5/11/18
I have an original Budweiser Clydesdale carousel light. My brother had it refurbished by Budweiser 25 years ago! My email is white...@gmail.com
8643970547 I am willing to sell it.

jj44114

May 11, 2018, 5:02:56 PM5/11/18
Price?

white...@gmail.com

May 12, 2018, 12:22:42 AM5/12/18
Make me a reasonable offer. It is working fine and is in overall good condition. I have become very limited with my income due to my disability. This is why I am considering selling it.

white...@gmail.com

May 13, 2018, 7:46:51 PM5/13/18
Let me know

autod...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2018, 4:15:14 PM6/13/18
Have Budweiser carousel horse unit. Been apart b4 i got it. If anyone has a electrical synaptic for motor assy. It would be greatly appreciated. Boss on my butt to get er done!

ibuypi...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2018, 6:10:10 AM6/14/18
Can someone reply with the differences between the original and repo lamps? What year was the original made. How much less is the repo valued at. I have one lined up to look at this month. I do have a very nice Bud Blimp with the two motors. The one in that eBay auction was missing them. Thanks in advance.

bevjac...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2018, 4:15:44 PM6/24/18
Original has red bottom of wagon- remakes have white. Original has all 6 brewery's listed on side of wagon.( look close I didn't realize they were there)
Cases of beer on wagon are 2 colors on original and 3 colors on remake.
I'm finding 297 originals were made but not sure...hope this helps

bluests...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2018, 1:06:52 PM10/18/18
On Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 7:36:40 PM UTC-5, John Dayhuff wrote:
> I need to see how the light underneath is mounted inside of one of
> these as I just picked up one for cheap but its missing the entire
> light pieces and I cant even tell how its gets wired in. I cant find
> anything on line about it. Can someone that has one send me pics of
> the light fixture thats mounted inside and perhaps tell me how it gets
> wired in too ?
> Thanks
> John P. Dayhuff
> Battle Creek, MI.
> 269-979-3836

Greetings fellow breweriana fans!

We recently acquired one of these Bud Clydesdale Horse Carousels in a bar/restaurant auction here in Wisconsin. Unfortunately, there was damage from when the owner was taking it down, so a couple of globe panels are cracked and the lower brown panel is cracked. Some globe panels are fine, as are the horses, motor unit and other parts.

Let us know via direct email if you have interest in any particular parts, as we will likely be parting this unit out. We will try to get some photos and hyperlink available so you can see what's good and what isn't. Depending on interest or not here, we may eventually part this carousel out on Ebay.

Tom & Traci in Door County, WI

sknappe...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2018, 11:06:51 PM12/26/18
How can I get the lower light clips, ballast, bulb and associated wiring with photos before removal.

mason...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2019, 7:15:02 PM1/17/19
Ballast and bulb can be picked up at big box hardware. 32 watt, t9, 12" circline. F12 fluorescent starter. Bulb clips are originally riveted in. You could make some or wire wrap the bulb around the structure that holds the bulb. Chances are you will buy an electronic ballast that wont need a fluorescent starter. Ballast will come with connector manufactured on harness to plug into bulb. Wiring diagram for fluorescent will be on top of ballast. Gent on Amazon that sells carousel motor.

ladybu...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2019, 2:41:31 PM1/31/19
Can anyone tell me how to put a new on off switch on ? I have the new switch already.

John Dayhuff

Jan 31, 2019, 7:16:20 PM1/31/19
On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 2:41:31 PM UTC-5, ladybu...@gmail.com wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to put a new on off switch on ? I have the new switch already.

Put the new one in the same way you take the old one out. Unless of course the old one is missing then it's just a matter of wiring in the new one.

John

Frank Furhter

Feb 1, 2019, 1:45:49 AM2/1/19
This is why the hobby of pinball, or anything else requiring
intelligence at any level (other than being dead, no pulse)
is ... dead.

--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.

snoth...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2019, 5:55:43 PM2/18/19
I have one. Mint condition. I bnb believe it's numbered. It will take me a few days to get a good video and pictures to you....let me know if you're interested.
Please reply to my Yahoo email
snomcc...@yahoo.com

Thanks
Sno Thiemann

fredc...@hotmail.com

Mar 9, 2019, 1:36:30 PM3/9/19

fredc...@hotmail.com

Mar 9, 2019, 1:39:26 PM3/9/19
My carrousel has an UL Electric sign label on the top, not a Lakeside Industries, it looks very old. Does anyone else have such a label?

thanks
Fred Clark
Canton OH

sbroc...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2019, 10:30:23 PM3/17/19
Hello all! We have a Budweiser Carousel “Dale Jr” Race Car bar light. It has been in storage for years- took out today bc our son would like it. It is not working- opened bottom up and saw light and very secure small metal compartments. Screwed bac shut- any thoughts/ideas how we can even access the motor? Or find directions? It’s really cool looking-
Please help!
Thanks!!’n
Stacy in VT
Chao...@yahoo.com

lbake...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2019, 9:18:55 AM11/30/19
Hey, does anyone out there have an idea what one of the carosell Budweiser clydsdail hanging bar light would be worth if it had never been taken out of its box, never been put together or hung. Found one in my Grandfather's old shop.

John Dayhuff

Nov 30, 2019, 6:33:03 PM11/30/19
On Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 9:18:55 AM UTC-5, lbake...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey, does anyone out there have an idea what one of the carosell Budweiser clydsdail hanging bar light would be worth if it had never been taken out of its box, never been put together or hung. Found one in my Grandfather's old shop.

Prices on these things are all over the map. If it's super nice and NOS like you say my guess would be $6-$800 in reality. Nice used ones are going for $350-$500 depending on condition and if there working properly or not. Make sure the one you have is from the original run and not a reproduction.

John

jgafa...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2020, 7:26:28 PM2/16/20
Yes for sale call me 732 8532779

cpitc...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2020, 8:34:43 PM8/3/20
Check memoriesintheattuc.com they have many parts for the Budweiser carosel hanging light.

John Dayhuff

Aug 4, 2020, 5:14:05 AM8/4/20
On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 8:34:43 PM UTC-4, cpitc...@gmail.com wrote:
> Check memoriesintheattuc.com they have many parts for the Budweiser carosel hanging light.

Link doesn't work.

John

integ194

Aug 4, 2020, 8:29:57 AM8/4/20