Planet of the Apes Pinball

`•Starfighter••

Dec 8, 2010, 10:09:00 AM12/8/10

gangstarr

Dec 8, 2010, 10:13:04 AM12/8/10
i never watched the show but i think the theme would be neat
myself...i love congo!

DesignerJpop

Dec 8, 2010, 10:28:26 AM12/8/10
I would rather see a Harry Potter pinball or a Tron pinball with black
light neon ramps and dayglo paint! Apes and pinball maybe don't really
go together?

John

Steve

Dec 8, 2010, 10:56:32 AM12/8/10
That would be a great pin if done correctly. This is one of my
favorite movies of all time (the original with Charelton Heston).
In true Stern fashion, they could have a model of the Statue of
Liberty come up from below the PF.
Steve
"`.Starfighter.." <starfig...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Les Manley

Dec 8, 2010, 11:09:37 AM12/8/10

...30 years ago.

Mark Clayton

Dec 8, 2010, 11:13:54 AM12/8/10
More like 42 years...

-Mark
-----
http://pinballpal.com

`•Starfighter••

Dec 8, 2010, 11:28:16 AM12/8/10

yeah but.....

Planet of the Apes
Mad Max
Escape From New York

3 great films that stand up to the test of time and would make 3
awesome pinballs!!!

-Mike

Lloyd Olson

Dec 8, 2010, 11:36:36 AM12/8/10
Never fly, it would resemble RGP too much. LTG :)

Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)

Dec 8, 2010, 6:47:14 PM12/8/10

Very cool if based on the original movie(s). I wondered for many, many
years as to why this theme never became a Pinball machine. Another was
Ghostbusters.

Clive

www.coinopcauldron.com

gangstarr

Dec 8, 2010, 7:05:58 PM12/8/10
same with the mask or ace ventura...
could have been great

Pin Lord

Dec 8, 2010, 7:14:21 PM12/8/10

Not cool at all...

Mark Clayton

Dec 8, 2010, 9:14:58 PM12/8/10
They milked the life out of the PotA franchise. None of the
sequels were very successful, and the budgets for each one dropped
lower and lower, as did the stories, effects, etc. It finally ended
in a horrible TV series in 1974 that mercifully lasted only 14
episodes.

It was pretty much done after the second movie. Charles Heston
only agreed to do it if he was in it very little, and if his
character got killed in the end. The rising nukes at the
end of #2 would be a pretty cool playfield toy, though...

-Mark
-----
http://pinballpal.com

caver

Dec 8, 2010, 9:23:40 PM12/8/10
On Dec 8, 9:14 pm, Mark Clayton <spamuser1...@i87.com> wrote:
> They milked the life out of the PotA franchise.  None of the
> sequels were very successful, and the budgets for each one dropped
> lower and lower, as did the stories, effects, etc.  It finally ended
> in a horrible TV series in 1974 that mercifully lasted only 14
> episodes.
>
> It was pretty much done after the second movie.  Charles Heston
> only agreed to do it if he was in it very little, and if his
> character got killed in the end.  The rising nukes at the
> end of #2 would be a pretty cool playfield toy, though...
>
> -Mark
> -----http://pinballpal.com

> On 12/8/2010 6:47 PM, Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive) wrote:
>

> > On Dec 8, 10:09 am, ` Starfighter <starfighter...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> POTA How cool would that be???
>
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUk84bKUDI0&feature=related
>
> >> -Mike
>
> > Very cool if based on the original movie(s). I wondered for many, many
> > years as to why this theme never became a Pinball machine. Another was
> > Ghostbusters.
>
> > Clive
>
> >www.coinopcauldron.com

don't forget the animated series!!

cody chunn

Dec 8, 2010, 9:34:38 PM12/8/10
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/b78967803a6f2c30/a371c35fc0bfb3df?lnk=gst&q=planet+of+the+apes#a371c35fc0bfb3df

It has potential.

--\
=cody>
--/

--
"`•Starfighter••" wrote in message
> [...]

Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)

Dec 9, 2010, 6:03:39 PM12/9/10
On Dec 8, 9:14 pm, Mark Clayton <spamuser1...@i87.com> wrote:
> They milked the life out of the PotA franchise.  None of the
> sequels were very successful, and the budgets for each one dropped
> lower and lower, as did the stories, effects, etc.  It finally ended
> in a horrible TV series in 1974 that mercifully lasted only 14
> episodes.
>
> It was pretty much done after the second movie.  Charles Heston
> only agreed to do it if he was in it very little, and if his
> character got killed in the end.  The rising nukes at the
> end of #2 would be a pretty cool playfield toy, though...
>
> -Mark
> -----http://pinballpal.com

> On 12/8/2010 6:47 PM, Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive) wrote:
>

> > On Dec 8, 10:09 am, ` Starfighter <starfighter...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> POTA How cool would that be???
>
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUk84bKUDI0&feature=related
>
> >> -Mike
>
> > Very cool if based on the original movie(s). I wondered for many, many
> > years as to why this theme never became a Pinball machine. Another was
> > Ghostbusters.

I agree, Fox should have ended it after the first movie. I think and a
pin based on just the original movie would fly, IMHO.

The original movie is a classic, especially the twist at the end with
the iconic Statue of Liberty when Taylor realizes he's back on earth
(all thanks to Rod Serling who co-wrote the script).

Tilt: "Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" LOL.

Clive

www.coinopcauldron.com

cody chunn

Dec 9, 2010, 6:30:20 PM12/9/10
While I agree the first is better by far than all the rest put together, the
whole story arc is pretty fascinating. I think it would be cool for the
player to represent the apes, and have modes to bring the different primates
to power and then challenge the humans. Then defeat the humans and culminate
the wizard mode in creating the first generation of Ape Planet. Then time
travel to Level 2 and keep on truckin.

I agree, forget about the teevee show and the remake. I thought the remake
was ok, but only just ok. The original is a timeless classic.

--\
=cody>
--/

--
"Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)" wrote in message