Stern Iron Man = AC/DC

mnpinball

Jan 27, 2010, 12:31:59 AM1/27/10
Announced today Jan 26th.

Aside from their 1992 live album, AC/DC have never come anywhere near
releasing a greatest hits compilation. Until now.

In a surprise move, the Aussie rockers are supplying 15 of their most
popular songs to the soundtrack for 'Iron Man 2.' While it still
doesn't feature all of the band's hits, it's the best representation
of the band's studio output to be released. AC/DC, for their part,
have long resisted a greatest hits package, preferring that their fans
by the albums in their entirety.

The soundtrack represents their earliest days with original frontman
Bon Scott to 'War Machine,' a track from 2008's 'Black Ice' that
shares its name with Don Cheadle's superhero character in the film.
The album, which is available for preorder at Walmart, is due out
April 19 while the Robert Downey, Jr.-starring film hits theaters on
May 7. Check out the tracklist and a special Iron Man-themed video for
'Shoot to Thrill' after the jump.

"Music is an integral part of the Tony Stark and Iron Man experience,
and we are pleased that Columbia and AC/DC are taking part," said
Marvel chief operating officer Tim Connors.

Robert Downey Jr will reprise his role as Tony Stark, along with
Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell, Mickey
Rourke and Samuel L. Jackson.

AC/DC are set to play live in Wellington this week (January 28 and 30)
and in Auckland next week (February 4).

AC/DC: Iron Man 2 Track Listing:

Shoot to Thrill
Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
Guns for Hire
Cold Hearted Man
Back in Black
Thunderstruck
If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
Evil Walks
T.N.T.
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Have a Drink on Me
The Razor's Edge
Let There Be Rock
War Machine
Highway to Hell

As well as Black Sabbath's Iron man in the first film this is a great
thing if Stern can pull off using this in the game if the movie
license includes the use of everything in the film.

I don't want to overshadow the Big Buck pin, but man this is
exciting ! To hear any of these songs while playing a multiball
really would get the adrenaline pumping.

**footnote, Data East pulled it off in Last Action Hero, Stern just
may get it done ;)

MB

Jan 27, 2010, 12:47:27 AM1/27/10

I said I would nver buy another Stern unless it was Avatar or lEd
Zeppelin. I lied- if you are right Jason- and they pulled this off-
WITH the Black Sabbath song as well- I'd buy it no matter how lousy it
was. ESPECIALLY if they finally got it right and used Marvel sketches
in their artwork as well (if they really have to) as pics form the
movie.

The only thing left would be to mod their sound system so you could
crank it up!

Marc

Rare Hero

Jan 27, 2010, 1:42:26 AM1/27/10
They've got the theme...hopefully this gets them the music ...will
there FINALLY be a pinball that contains the absolutely appropriate
song "SHOOT TO THRILL"!?!?!?! My cash is READY, Stern! ...please, let
the game be great!!!!

Greg

plpinman

Jan 27, 2010, 2:39:09 AM1/27/10

Jason you need a nap man! :)

Jeremy

Kevin L

Jan 27, 2010, 2:43:52 AM1/27/10

My desire to collect pinballs has been at an all time low lately but
this theme with that music would definitely peek my interest.

kreed

Jan 27, 2010, 3:02:53 AM1/27/10

For the pinball soundtrack they should include the track "big balls"
from off the AC/DC "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap" album" :)

RestoringIJ

Jan 27, 2010, 3:12:25 AM1/27/10
RIP Bon Scott. Brian Johnson isn't even close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWJog7eYqY

plpinman

Jan 27, 2010, 3:15:18 AM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 2:12 am, RestoringIJ <nervous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RIP Bon Scott.  Brian Johnson isn't even close.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWJog7eYqY

yeah he is and I'm a BIG FAN

Expat

Jan 27, 2010, 4:51:39 AM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 9:12 am, RestoringIJ <nervous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RIP Bon Scott.  Brian Johnson isn't even close.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWJog7eYqY

Amen brother!

Brian Johnson is a screechy clown compared to Bon

When he died the spirit of AC/DC went w/ him

Now they're just generic stadium rockers

Don't get me wrong Brian was great in Geordie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8Sx4H5iYM

Taylor-VA

Jan 27, 2010, 7:29:30 AM1/27/10
I can't imagine the royalties for that game will cost much. ; P

FS- Ironman NIB 7k !!!!!!!!!!!!YOWZERS!!!!!!!!!

djcharlie17

Jan 27, 2010, 8:06:18 AM1/27/10
This... could... be.... GREAT! Not just good, but really really great!

And good lord people, Bon died... they replaced him with a great guy
who's managed to help keep the band going for another 30 years and
given the world some of the biggest rock songs of all time. What more
could anyone hope for after a tragedy like that?

Chuck E.

Bryan Kelly

Jan 27, 2010, 8:19:15 AM1/27/10
Just keep in mind, Chuck, who started this thread.

Hey, I'm just sayin. ;-)

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

pinballlooking

Jan 27, 2010, 8:56:06 AM1/27/10

Who is the designer for this one?
Mark

--
pinballlooking
pinballlooking's Profile: http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/member.php?userid=249

Message sent from http://rgparchive.com

Cliffy

Jan 27, 2010, 9:03:16 AM1/27/10
I got goosebumps. Stern, PLEASE do this one RIGHT!

Cliffy
http://www.passionforpinball.com

Pinhead!

Jan 27, 2010, 9:06:01 AM1/27/10
Now there's a good O.T. poll. Who's was a better front man, Bon or
Brian?

I say Bon by a nose. They really could not have chose a better
replacement!

Norman

mrcrazy

Jan 27, 2010, 9:11:57 AM1/27/10
Man, I couldnt agree more, i loved ol Bon!!! he was a great front man
for the band. Brian WAS good in Geordie!!! its amazing how similar our
musical tastes are....I guess pinheads like good tunes!!

here is the rare video for "let there be rock"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I85ceICRM&feature=related

Greg

brokenvette

Jan 27, 2010, 9:18:43 AM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 8:03 am, Cliffy <crin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got goosebumps. Stern, PLEASE do this one RIGHT!
>
> Cliffyhttp://www.passionforpinball.com
> > may get it done ;)- Hide quoted text -

Who are they getting to do it? They fired all their talant. Im saving
for one but Im going to wait to see it.

dothedoo

Jan 27, 2010, 9:44:01 AM1/27/10
Hells Bells.

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 10:08:42 AM1/27/10
It'll never happen. Best case scenario you get a cover-band version of
some of the songs on the pin.

On a side note - attention idiots: Yes we all love Bon Scott. However
he choked on his own puke, game over.

They replaced him with Johnson and then released one of the hugest
rock albums of all time. Back in Black sold something like 20 million
copies. Some fail there.

azpinlawyer

Jan 27, 2010, 10:12:35 AM1/27/10

Remember: if it's Borg/Flopp, it doesn't matter how great the theme
is--the pin WILL suck.

c2

Jan 27, 2010, 10:56:01 AM1/27/10

I was sorta thinking along similar lines. Great theme, but... seems
each new pin inches a little closer to a flat playfield. Could this be
the one that actually has no ramps? I sure hope not, but look at the
trend... less and less "stuff". I know lots of "stuff" does not
guarantee a great pin, but the less interesting the playfield, the less
room for error.

Like others, I have money set aside for this pin if it kicks butt. Hope
the trend is reversed and its killer.

mr tobias

Jan 27, 2010, 11:06:59 AM1/27/10

Maybe this will be the game Stern gives their all to in 2010. There's
no guarantee of a hit though, so it's still best to wait and see. Pre-
ordering is madness given the state of things.

brokenvette

Jan 27, 2010, 11:24:09 AM1/27/10
Keep Gary Stern out of the design and it might have a chance. I'm no
corporate genius but I think the guy is his own worst enemy. His idea
of less is more is moronic to me and then to charge the same as a
fully loaded pin is worse. If he wants to sell these things he needs
to come up with something new. But that has already been said here.

Lloyd Olson

Jan 27, 2010, 11:31:16 AM1/27/10
Yes Stern. Please don't make up your own music sound bites and actors to
replicate music and voices from the movie. Give us real AC/DC, not something
sounding like a jack in the box. LTG :)

"Cliffy" <cri...@gmail.com> wrote in message

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 11:40:26 AM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 11:31�am, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Yes Stern. Please don't make up your own music sound bites and actors to
> replicate music and voices from the movie. Give us real AC/DC, not something
> sounding like a jack in the box. LTG :)

I'm sure they'll get the guy who did "I Cant Drive 55" for NASCAR

Sean Kavanagh

Jan 27, 2010, 12:12:23 PM1/27/10

> They replaced him with Johnson and then released one of the hugest
> rock albums of all time. Back in Black sold something like 20 million
> copies. Some fail there.

It was pretty obvious most of the material for BIB and FTATR... was
written before BS's untimely passing. Even Johnson's horrible vocals
couldn't ruin great songs. After that it went straight down hill with
most songs sounding the same. Gave up on them many, many years
ago...but their old stuff is one of a only a handful of bands from
that long ago I can still listen to and enjoy.

New music's where it's at...these kids got fresh ideas and the
energy....

Sean

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 12:13:33 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 12:12�pm, Sean Kavanagh <seanspinballb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It was pretty obvious most of the material for BIB and FTATR... �was

> written before BS's untimely passing. �

It is? I've never heard that alleged in my life and there exists no
evidence to this.

please provide some.

Dan Q very much

Jan 27, 2010, 12:21:46 PM1/27/10
Raucous noise. Bleh. And I am a rock aficionado.

Suppose it could make for a fun pin though. Couldn't be any worse than
G&R. (The music, not the pin.)

Sean Kavanagh

Jan 27, 2010, 12:35:18 PM1/27/10

Obvious to me by the quality of music...they'd be stupid to admit
it!! C'mon man!!! You seriously think there's no difference? Maybe
it's just me...whatever, I think the newer stuff from them sucks.

Sean

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 12:42:56 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 12:35�pm, Sean Kavanagh <seanspinballb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Obvious to me by the quality of music...they'd be stupid to admit
> it!! �C'mon man!!! �You seriously think there's no difference? �Maybe
> it's just me...whatever, I think the newer stuff from them sucks.
>
> Sean

You can say this about ANY classic band.

Sticky Fingers is better than Steel Wheels?! Shocker.

You can "assume" whatever you want but until you can furnish even a
scrap of evidence it's bullshit - the entirety of those albums were
written after Scott died and Johnson got writing credits.

Back in Black sold FIFTY MILLION copies and it's one of the best rock
albums ever made. Deal with it.

Pinhead!

Jan 27, 2010, 12:49:18 PM1/27/10
Have you guys heard Bon Scott's version of back in black? I love it!

Norman

Sean Kavanagh

Jan 27, 2010, 1:00:19 PM1/27/10

I like BIB!! It's a great album. I even saw them live on that tour
in 1980 in Norfolk VA...I had just turned 16. FTATR was good too, but
it was goin south at that point. I was in HS during the early 80's
when AC/DC was one of the only real rock bands still doin it! But
they'd lost it by then...I was mostly living on the older stuff.
Without BS's influence the music just wasn't as good, for whatever
reason. Giving BJ credit doesn't mean they didn't already have those
songs written. Bands often have many songs written ahead...BS was
dead, they needed to get BJ accepted, why not give him credit?

What's your problem dude? Of course it's wild speculation...this is
RGP...isn't that what we do here?!?! Especially on threads like
this...

Lighten up Francis...jeesh...

Sean

Pin Lord

Jan 27, 2010, 1:21:16 PM1/27/10

Ummm, anyone remember BDK and IJ4?? What a waste of licenses those
were! I'm still hopeful, don't get me wrong, but Stern has screwed it
up too many times in the past. Hoping its another SM or LOTR but that
goes against Gary's stance on simple rules for the casual player.
Don't hold your breath.

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 1:33:31 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 1:00�pm, Sean Kavanagh <seanspinballb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I like BIB!! �It's a great album. �I even saw them live on that tour
> in 1980 in Norfolk VA...I had just turned 16. �FTATR was good too, but
> it was goin south at that point. �I was in HS during the early 80's
> when AC/DC was one of the only real rock bands still doin it! �But
> they'd lost it by then...I was mostly living on the older stuff.
> Without BS's influence the music just wasn't as good, for whatever
> reason. �Giving BJ credit doesn't mean they didn't already have those
> songs written. �Bands often have many songs written ahead...BS was
> dead, �they needed to get BJ accepted, why not give him credit?
>
> What's your problem dude? �Of course it's wild speculation...this is
> RGP...isn't that what we do here?!?! �Especially on threads like
> this...
>
> Lighten up Francis...jeesh...

Why should I lighten up Francis? I simply wanted to point out to
anyone listening that there is zero (0) evidence that any of your
"wild speculation" is anything but bullshit.

Carry on.

John Bigbooty

Jan 27, 2010, 3:31:01 PM1/27/10
Unfortunately for me I don't like superhero movies and I don't like
AC/DC.

I DO love pinball though.

Mark
Atlanta GA

BlueMalibu

Jan 27, 2010, 3:45:08 PM1/27/10

Well, I am torn. I won't buy it or even PLAY it if it has AC/DC
music. I listened to AC/DC in HS and College and did "like" them.
But eventually, due to personal reasons, I decided to stop listening
to them. I just realized, IMO, that the lyrics of their songs is not
something I can remotely support.

This is my personal opinion and choice so please don't flame me for
it. I am not telling anyone else to not listen AC/DC or judging them
in any way. Just as I made the choice not to listen I fully support
the choice of those who decide to listen to it. Because without
freedom of choice we are nothing.

So I for one...am hoping they DON'T get the license to the music.

AC-DC Highway To Hell Lyrics

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell
No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Satan, payed my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land
I'm on the highway to hell
(Don't stop me)
And I'm going down, all the way down
I'm on the highway to hell

Rare Hero

Jan 27, 2010, 3:54:07 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 12:45 pm, BlueMalibu <mich...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, I am torn.  I won't buy it or even PLAY it if it has AC/DC
> music.  I listened to AC/DC in HS and College and did "like" them.
> But eventually, due to personal reasons, I decided to stop listening
> to them.  I just realized, IMO, that the lyrics of their songs is not
> something I can remotely support.

Well, Family Guy & Sopranos had software settings to tone down the
profanity....perhaps Iron Man will have a setting that replaces AC/DC
with Jars of Clay :)

Greg

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 3:58:26 PM1/27/10

> AC-DC Highway To Hell Lyrics
>
> Living easy, living free
> Season ticket on a one-way ride
> Asking nothing, leave me be
> Taking everything in my stride
> Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
> Ain't nothing I would rather do
> Going down, party time
> My friends are gonna be there too
> I'm on the highway to hell
> No stop signs, speed limit
> Nobody's gonna slow me down
> Like a wheel, gonna spin it
> Nobody's gonna mess me round
> Hey Satan, payed my dues
> Playing in a rocking band
> Hey Momma, look at me
> I'm on my way to the promised land
> I'm on the highway to hell
> (Don't stop me)
> And I'm going down, all the way down
> I'm on the highway to hell- Hide quoted text -

Goddamn those are some awesome lyrics

RestoringIJ

Jan 27, 2010, 4:15:34 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 7:08 am, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
> They replaced him with Johnson and then released one of the hugest
> rock albums of all time. Back in Black sold something like 20 million
> copies. Some fail there.

Yeah cause one of the best indicators of the quality of music is the
amount of copies sold.

Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Elmore James; they never sold close to a
million albums when they were alive. What failures.

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 4:19:11 PM1/27/10

I don't give a shit about any of those guys. Why are we discussing
them?

Are you telling me you don't think Back in Black kicks all sorts of
ass?

hagis_u

Jan 27, 2010, 4:21:08 PM1/27/10

Agreed, I hope Stern uses a first class designer that is into and
appreciates the theme.

pinballlooking

Jan 27, 2010, 4:21:54 PM1/27/10

Come on if it is like G&R you only get a couple lines of the song.
It would be nice if you got more but I am sure you will not get the
whole song.

seymour.shabow

Jan 27, 2010, 4:29:35 PM1/27/10

Saying 'suck' is being generous.

-scott CARGPB#29

Rare Hero

Jan 27, 2010, 4:28:47 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 1:21 pm, pinballlooking <PinBallLook...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Come on if it is like G&R you only get a couple lines of the song.
> It would be nice if you got more but I am sure you will not get the
> whole song.

Well that's based on the hardware of the time...they could only fit so
much! I think the SAM system is capable of storing songs w/ full
lyrics.

Greg

Mike Schudel

Jan 27, 2010, 4:29:03 PM1/27/10
"Rare Hero" <rareh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>Well, Family Guy & Sopranos had software settings to tone down the
>profanity....perhaps Iron Man will have a setting that replaces AC/DC
>with Jars of Clay :)

I literally laughed out loud on that one! Funny stuff right there folks!
:-)

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

RestoringIJ

Jan 27, 2010, 4:50:38 PM1/27/10

Hahahaa!

You do realize that AC/DC is just straight, heavy blues, right? Angus
Young himself has cited Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and numerous other
blues artists as being his main influences that inspired him to take
up guitar. It's not a stretch at all to say that without these
artists, there would be no AC/DC in any capacity.

But i digress. The reason I brought them up is because you describe
Bon Scott not living long enough to sell 20 million albums as being,
in your really impressive, teen-hipster-internet speak as "all kinds
of fail".

My point is the amount of albums you sell means little when it comes
to quality. It means you appealed to the masses. That's all. Not
saying that's always a bad thing but it sure isn't an indicator of
someone doing a "Fail" if they don't sell mainstream.

The Backstreet Boys sold 40 million copies of one of their albums.
You gonna tell me that it must be great then? How about The Spice
Girls? 40 mil plus sold. "WIN" eh?

I'm sorry that you "don't give a shit" about Muddy Waters, Howlin'
Wolf' or Elmore James. You are seriously missing out on some
incredible music which is the foundation of the music that you DO give
a shit about.

Yes, Back in Black is a good album. I even like The Razors Edge and
some of their Brian Johnston stuff. However, the Bon Scott era towers
above.

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 4:52:13 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 4:50�pm, RestoringIJ <nervous...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You do realize that AC/DC is just straight, heavy blues, right? �Angus
> Young himself has cited Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and numerous other
> blues artists as being his main influences that inspired him to take
> up guitar. �It's not a stretch at all to say that without these
> artists, there would be no AC/DC in any capacity.

So?

Save your dime store trivia. Do you or do you not bow before the rock
classic that is Back in Black?

ldnayman

Jan 27, 2010, 5:00:59 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 4:50�pm, RestoringIJ <nervous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 1:19�pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 27, 4:15 pm, RestoringIJ <nervous...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Elmore James; they never sold close to a
> > > million albums when they were alive. What failures.
>
> > I don't give a shit about any of those guys. Why are we discussing
> > them?
>
> > Are you telling me you don't think Back in Black kicks all sorts of
> > ass?
>
> Hahahaa!
>
> You do realize that AC/DC is just straight, heavy blues, right? �Angus
> Young himself has cited Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and numerous other
> blues artists as being his main influences that inspired him to take
> up guitar. �It's not a stretch at all to say that without these
> artists, there would be no AC/DC in any capacity.

This is a lovely point, but one I'm sick of. Just because I love the
Stones, does that mean I need to worship Chuck berry? If somone likes
Pantera, does that mean they need to love KISS?

Of course not. You of course are going the "hipster" route of citing
influences like it's supposed to matter.

> The Backstreet Boys sold 40 million copies of one of their albums.
> You gonna tell me that it must be great then? �How about The Spice
> Girls? 40 mil plus sold. �"WIN" eh?

Sure. By the standards of those genres, they are among the best. Are
you going to argue that there is a better "boy band" record than the
Backstreet boys album, or a better girl-pop CD than the Spice Girls?
Well, Back in Black is one of the best rock albums of all time, which
is why it sold 50 million copies.

> Yes, Back in Black is a good album. �I even like The Razors Edge and
> some of their Brian Johnston stuff. �However, the Bon Scott era towers
> above.

No it doesn't. Highway to Hell and Back in Black are the best AC/DC
albums, but nothing is towering over nothing. I'd even give the edge
to Back in Black - its just one monster hit after another.

Rare Hero

Jan 27, 2010, 5:11:54 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 1:50 pm, RestoringIJ <nervous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You do realize that AC/DC is just straight, heavy blues, right?  Angus
> Young himself has cited Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and numerous other
> blues artists as being his main influences that inspired him to take
> up guitar.  It's not a stretch at all to say that without these
> artists, there would be no AC/DC in any capacity.

Hey, are you done restoring that gaddamn IJ yet!??!?!?! ;)

Greg

PDX_Pinball

Jan 27, 2010, 5:14:45 PM1/27/10
> to Back in Black - its just one monster hit after another.- Hide quoted text -

Levi - you're missing what's really important. Does Obama prefer Bon
Scott or Brian Johnson? :)

BOb

cody chunn

Jan 27, 2010, 5:59:34 PM1/27/10
BIB sold that much because people were expecting to hear real ACDC.

Johnson WAS an adequate replacement, but he was never EVER in the class of
Scott.

Get over it already. Scott's library is 100X better than Johnson's. Always
will be. In fact, the more Johnson gurgles, the worse his library gets.
Scott's vocals will forever be more crisp and powerful. He was the Night
Prowler, after all.

Oh, and as much as I would like to see otherwise, I fear Stern will utterly
waste this fantastic license. Sorry, Cliffy.

--
-cody
--CARGPB4

"ldnayman" <ldna...@aol.com> wrote in message

On Jan 27, 12:35?pm, Sean Kavanagh <seanspinballb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Obvious to me by the quality of music...they'd be stupid to admit

> it!! ?C'mon man!!! ?You seriously think there's no difference? ?Maybe

MB

Jan 27, 2010, 6:37:06 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 8:24 am, brokenvette <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Keep Gary Stern out of the design and it might have a chance. I'm no
> corporate genius but I think the guy is his own worst enemy. His idea
> of less is more is moronic to me and then to charge the same as a
> fully loaded pin is worse. If he wants to sell these things he needs
> to come up with something new. But that has already been said here.

You're all probably right- I shouldn't get my hopes up. Letting SR go
(and Avatar) was pure stupidity.
Borg hasn't got it.
They need Randy back on software, too.
Gary HAS proven himself time and again- he takes the wrong path every
single time. Perhaps these new "investors" will have some say?

If they don't re-invent pinball in 2010, or at least put out some
truly stellar titles- there isn't going to be a 2011.

Pin Lord

Jan 27, 2010, 7:12:31 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 2:59 pm, "cody chunn" <cchu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> BIB sold that much because people were expecting to hear real ACDC.
>
> Johnson WAS an adequate replacement, but he was never EVER in the class of
> Scott.
>
> Get over it already. Scott's library is 100X better than Johnson's. Always
> will be. In fact, the more Johnson gurgles, the worse his library gets.
> Scott's vocals will forever be more crisp and powerful. He was the Night
> Prowler, after all.
>
> Oh, and as much as I would like to see otherwise, I fear Stern will utterly
> waste this fantastic license. Sorry, Cliffy.
>
> --
> -cody
> --CARGPB4
> [Note: Following any advice given in this message
>  may result in property damage, minor injury, serious injury or death.
>  Follow advice at your own peril.]
>
> "ldnayman" <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 27, 12:35?pm, Sean Kavanagh <seanspinballb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Obvious to me by the quality of music...they'd be stupid to admit
> > it!! ?C'mon man!!! ?You seriously think there's no difference? ?Maybe
> > it's just me...whatever, I think the newer stuff from them sucks.
>
> > Sean
>
> You can say this about ANY classic band.
>
> Sticky Fingers is better than Steel Wheels?! Shocker.
>
> You can "assume" whatever you want but until you can furnish even a
> scrap of evidence it's bullshit - the entirety of those albums were
> written after Scott died and Johnson got writing credits.
>
> Back in Black sold FIFTY MILLION copies and it's one of the best rock
> albums ever made. Deal with it.

It IS the best rock album ever made. Period. Only album to outsell it
is "Thriller".

mattyb

Jan 27, 2010, 7:37:10 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 1:00 pm, Sean Kavanagh <seanspinballb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I like BIB!!  It's a great album.  I even saw them live on that tour

> in 1980 in Norfolk VA...I had just turned 16...

> Sean

Was Pat Travers the opening band? If so I was there too. :)

There's no way a bunch of AC/DC music is going to show up on this
pin. That would essentially be two licenses for one pin. Stern is way
too cheap for such a feat.

Like a lot of you guys, I've got the money ready to go(if it's got the
right ingrediants). So come on Stern, you want our money or what?!

MattyB.

Rare Hero

Jan 27, 2010, 7:56:13 PM1/27/10
On Jan 27, 4:37 pm, mattyb <mdbri...@sentara.com> wrote:
> There's no  way a bunch of AC/DC music is going to show up on this
> pin. That would essentially be two licenses for one pin. Stern is way
> too cheap for such a feat.

Why'd they license Smash Mouth for Shrek, then?

Greg

Retrogameconnection

Jan 27, 2010, 7:59:54 PM1/27/10
> Goddamn those are some awesome lyrics- Hide quoted text -

Ditto !

mattyb

Jan 27, 2010, 8:35:29 PM1/27/10

Because there's a big price difference between licensing a played out
song from a band rapidly slipping into obscurity than licensing music
from an iconic band near the apex of a hugely successful resurgence.
I hope I'm wrong though. :) MattyB

honda350r

Jan 27, 2010, 8:37:54 PM1/27/10
> I'm on the highway to hell- Hide quoted text -

I love AC/DC and I remember when my mom found the lyrics form my
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap album ( I think that was the only album
that came with lyrics) she was not happy that I choose this band to be
my idol .

I still rock to AC/DC everytime I turn on my pinball machines !

Rock and Roll will never die !

Jim

honda350r

Jan 27, 2010, 8:42:48 PM1/27/10
Bon Scott in his days before AC/DC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-45XG7n4k

Jim

Brad

Jan 27, 2010, 8:56:25 PM1/27/10
Or you could just turn on your cd player, cassette tapes, 8 tracks or
records real loud while playing the ironman pin.

Cliffy

Jan 28, 2010, 12:36:00 AM1/28/10
cody chunn wrote:
> BIB sold that much because people were expecting to hear real ACDC.
>
> Johnson WAS an adequate replacement, but he was never EVER in the class of
> Scott.
>
> Get over it already. Scott's library is 100X better than Johnson's. Always
> will be. In fact, the more Johnson gurgles, the worse his library gets.
> Scott's vocals will forever be more crisp and powerful. He was the Night
> Prowler, after all.
>
> Oh, and as much as I would like to see otherwise, I fear Stern will utterly
> waste this fantastic license. Sorry, Cliffy.

C'mon they've had a nice little mindless vacation making BBH so they
should be all rarin' to make IM a great pin... right? :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
Home of the world's finest pinball protectors

marcusaurelius9

Jan 28, 2010, 1:57:15 AM1/28/10
On Jan 27, 10:08 am, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
> It'll never happen. Best case scenario you get a cover-band version of
> some of the songs on the pin.
>
> On a side note - attention idiots: Yes we all love Bon Scott. However
> he choked on his own puke, game over.

> They replaced him with Johnson and then released one of the hugest
> rock albums of all time. Back in Black sold something like 20 million
> copies. Some fail there.

They can't prove who's puke it was, you can't really dust for vomit.

Bon all the way! Five albums that are 100% quality material, not one
bad song in the whole lot. Brian era has one great album, all the
others have one or maybe two good songs and the the rest is filler. Go
see a concert, 30 years after he died and over 1/2 the show will still
be Bon Scott era songs.

Destruk

Jan 28, 2010, 3:03:31 AM1/28/10

Is this confirmed? Or will Stern decide, like Spider Man, to make
their own music?

Rare Hero

Jan 28, 2010, 3:22:10 AM1/28/10
On Jan 28, 12:03 am, Destruk <dest...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this confirmed?  Or will Stern decide, like Spider Man, to make
> their own music?

We're just having fun speculating at this point.

Greg

SaBbRa CaDaBra

Jan 28, 2010, 4:01:43 AM1/28/10
On Jan 27, 9:11 am, mrcrazy <mrcr...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
> Man, I couldnt agree more, i loved ol Bon!!! he was a great front man
> for the band. Brian WAS good in Geordie!!! its amazing how similar our
> musical tastes are....I guess pinheads like good tunes!!
>
> here is the rare video for "let there be rock"
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I85ceICRM&feature=related
>
> Greg
>
> On Jan 27, 4:51 am, Expat <tenbeersb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 27, 9:12 am, RestoringIJ <nervous...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > RIP Bon Scott.  Brian Johnson isn't even close.
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWJog7eYqY
>
> > Amen brother!
>
> > Brian Johnson is a screechy clown compared to Bon
>
> > When he died the spirit of AC/DC went w/ him
>
> > Now they're just generic stadium rockers
>
> > Don't get me wrong Brian was great in Geordie
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8Sx4H5iYM- Hide quoted text -

I karaoke that song often

Sean Kavanagh

Jan 28, 2010, 7:12:43 AM1/28/10

I cannot remember who opened, I almost think it was nobody, or I got
there late...but Pat Travers rings a bell...I just can't be sure.

I was only in Norfolk for that summer, staying with my Dad who had
moved down there. I knew nobody, and spend most of the time sitting
on his front proch reading listening to the rock station in town at
the time...can't remember the name or numbers either - maybe 95
something or other? I won the tickets by being the Nth
caller...pretty cool, too bad I wasn't in my hometown...so I had to go
by myself...kinda lame - by at least I can say I saw them on that
tour!! It was at the arena in Norfolk, whatever that's called, not
Hampton Roads where the Stones played later that summer...Tattoo You
tour. Didn't go to that, but it was a big deal then...

Sean

Mickey Johnson

Jan 28, 2010, 12:47:10 PM1/28/10
wow, I may actually get a new stern afterall. if the sound track is good
and the playfield is at least 'just ok', I will probably buy this one. I
had given up on stern, I guess they get another chance from me.

I am out of room though, so it will cause a sell off of a couple of
machines, but at least it that will finance the new game!

mickey

"mnpinball" <mnpi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message