Just got my WW PF from BAA

brokenvette

Oct 28, 2009, 3:28:40 PM10/28/09
Its beautifull. Its perfect, without a flaw. Hope you guys who bought
one have the same experience.

Del

Oct 28, 2009, 3:32:51 PM10/28/09
On Oct 28, 3:28�pm, brokenvette <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Its beautifull. Its perfect, without a flaw. Hope you guys who bought
> one have the same experience.

WW or WH2O ??

Sam

Oct 28, 2009, 3:37:06 PM10/28/09

Probably WH2O. It's not perfect considering a few missing colors.

Sam

Pinsgonewild

Oct 28, 2009, 3:37:39 PM10/28/09
I thought errors were made in the artwork. i.e., the inner brim of the
hat was white vs. maroon? Can you confirm?

Don

brokenvette

Oct 28, 2009, 3:38:09 PM10/28/09

WH20 I didnt correct the mistake, I just assumed everyone would know.
=)

brokenvette

Oct 28, 2009, 3:45:53 PM10/28/09

Yes, the tiny strip on the hat that is supposed to be maroon is white.
I dont consider that a flaw and I dont consider it a reason to not buy
one. The pf is sweet looking. I actually think the maroon on the
original is a ugly color and I consider it an improvement. If they
only would have left out that ugly green on WWs shorts it would have
been better.

Hugh

Oct 28, 2009, 3:47:18 PM10/28/09

I would guess it's not fixed.

Someone post up a picture of the inserts, at an angle with some
shine. I would love to see if you can see the edge of the inserts
like you could on AFM.

Hugh

John Wart, jr

Oct 28, 2009, 3:51:14 PM10/28/09
WW and WH20 are both abbreviations used to indicate White Water.

Whirlwind is 1 word and therefore is not abbreviated

:-)

"Del" <delma...@gmail.com> wrote in message

John Wart, jr

Oct 28, 2009, 3:52:07 PM10/28/09
The one I scoped out at Expo was real nice. Much better than what is in my
game.

Hopefully, I'll be able to acquire one before they are all sold :) Buying
AFM from the 2nd run cost me about $300!

"brokenvette" <zr1...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

jfp2673

Oct 28, 2009, 3:53:41 PM10/28/09

Does any one know how many were made? and who made them?

TG

Oct 28, 2009, 4:08:13 PM10/28/09

Mirco. Not sure how many made. Search RGP and you'll see threads on
this topic.

Todd

brokenvette

Oct 28, 2009, 4:09:10 PM10/28/09

I aint postin no pics but you cannot see the edges no can you see
through the ink or paint that is over the inserts.

luther r

Oct 28, 2009, 4:20:17 PM10/28/09
TG wrote:
>> Does any one know how many were made? and who made them?
>
> Mirco. Not sure how many made. Search RGP and you'll see threads on
> this topic.

Correction: Mirco's robot made them!

Hugh

Oct 28, 2009, 4:34:07 PM10/28/09

Laziness rules!!!! ;)

If John says they are nice then I believe him. Too bad about the
missing colors though.

Hugh

Cliffy

Oct 28, 2009, 5:15:54 PM10/28/09
On Oct 28, 12:51 pm, "John Wart, jr" <johnwar...@johnwartjr.com>
wrote:
> WW and WH20 are both abbreviations used to indicate Whitewater.
>
> Whirl Wind is 1 word and therefore is not abbreviated

You are incorrect. WW *is* abbreviated by syllables and the first
letter of the sound representing those respective syllables. This is a
common convention even outside of our pinball hobby.

:)

Cliffy
www.passionforpinball.com

brokenvette

Oct 28, 2009, 5:17:38 PM10/28/09

Ok, so I made a mistake. Shoot me already. =)

JBuffington

Oct 28, 2009, 5:21:13 PM10/28/09
On Oct 28, 2:28 pm, brokenvette <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Its beautifull. Its perfect, without a flaw. Hope you guys who bought
> one have the same experience.

I just received mine today also and it really is nice. I went ahead
and splurged for the ceramic one.
Now I just need to find a machine to put it in!

RomulusX

Oct 28, 2009, 5:31:46 PM10/28/09

Damn dude even I knew that and I don't know sheite

brokenvette

Oct 28, 2009, 5:43:40 PM10/28/09
> Damn dude even I knew that and I don't know sheite- Hide quoted text -

I know the difference between the two I just goofed and I didnt
correctit because i figured people would understand what I meant. Are
there any Whirlwind PFs comming out? Dont you guys wish!

JBuffington

Oct 28, 2009, 5:48:30 PM10/28/09

> I know the difference between the two I just goofed and I didnt
> correctit because i figured people would understand what I meant. Are
> there any Whirlwind PFs comming out? Dont you guys wish!-

Actually, yes! I'm in on this one too.

Cliffy

Oct 28, 2009, 6:01:44 PM10/28/09

Learn to follow a thread properly, James. That was directed at Mr.
Wart, Jr :)

Cliffy
www.passionforpinball.com

brokenvette

Oct 28, 2009, 6:32:21 PM10/28/09
> Cliffywww.passionforpinball.com- Hide quoted text -

Well actually my post wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed at Romulus X. I
guess I clicked on the wrong post to reply to. I was thinking about
asking you a question but I decided not to. Maybe that is why I
accidentally replied to your post.
Its all good

Sorry Cliffy

John Wart, jr

Oct 28, 2009, 6:37:50 PM10/28/09
I still don't agree with you, sir :)

"Cliffy" <cri...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Cliffy

Oct 28, 2009, 7:00:50 PM10/28/09
The we shall behave as gentlemen and agree that we disagree, sir :)

Cliffy
www.passionforsyllaballisticacronyms.com

On Oct 28, 3:37 pm, "John Wart, jr" <johnwar...@johnwartjr.com> wrote:
> I still don't agree with you, sir :)

Cliffy

Oct 28, 2009, 8:08:36 PM10/28/09

No sorry needed James :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
Home of the world's finest pinball protectors

John In WI

Oct 28, 2009, 8:27:41 PM10/28/09
John Wart, jr wrote:
> I still don't agree with you, sir :)

What then, is the abbreviation for Spiderman???

--

"Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing�

- Mick Jagger -

Taylor-VA

Oct 28, 2009, 8:39:03 PM10/28/09

Spider-Man is hyphenated so probably would be fine sticking with SM.

Taxman

Oct 28, 2009, 8:57:16 PM10/28/09
> You are incorrect. WW *is* abbreviated by syllables and the first
> letter of the sound representing those respective syllables. This is a
> common convention even outside of our pinball hobby.

So did he get the ceramic WaterWorld? :)

Dave "Taxman" http://www.pinbald.com

chuck

Oct 28, 2009, 9:15:32 PM10/28/09

Wouldn't that make Monopoly MNOL?? Grammar isn't really one of my
strong areas but I think that's correct.

Bay Area Amusements LLC

Oct 28, 2009, 10:11:02 PM10/28/09
And what missing 'colors' would that be? there was the red in the brim, have
not seem/heard of any other issues, so not clear what the colors are that
are missing ... please elaborate if you have info and I can pass on to
Mirco.

thanks,
rick

"Hugh" <meta...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Bay Area Amusements LLC

Oct 28, 2009, 10:27:17 PM10/28/09
Sorry, not sure that post ended up where it was supposed to be ... in any
event, goes for anyone referencing multiple issues - we only have 1 about
the missing red in the brim of the hat which is well known.

"Bay Area Amusements LLC" <ri...@bayareaamusements.com> wrote in message

John Bigbooty

Oct 29, 2009, 12:59:01 PM10/29/09
I also received my WH2O playfield with ceramic coating.

The colors and registration are excellent. The only color flaw I could
find was the previously mentioned hat brim.

The only flaws I could find were about 5 minor pin-sized imperfections
in the clearcoat. Fortunately, none of them are in visible or ball
travel areas.

As for the inserts, they look fantastic. I could not see the edges at
all.

Mark
Atlanta GA

Sam

Oct 29, 2009, 1:03:56 PM10/29/09

It's funny how everyone so far has missed the 2nd mistake and it is
close to the brim as well. There may not be any more mistakes but I
haven't looked beyond the 2 I found and stopped.

Sam

Hugh

Oct 29, 2009, 1:21:58 PM10/29/09
On Oct 28, 10:27 pm, "Bay Area Amusements LLC"

<r...@bayareaamusements.com> wrote:
> Sorry, not sure that post ended up where it was supposed to be ... in any
> event, goes for anyone referencing multiple issues - we only have 1 about
> the missing red in the brim of the hat which is well known.
>
> "Bay Area Amusements LLC" <r...@bayareaamusements.com> wrote in messagenews:hsSdnfWNduYgZHXX...@earthlink.com...

> > And what missing 'colors' would that be? there was the red in the brim,
> > have not seem/heard of any other issues, so not clear what the colors are
> > that are missing ... please elaborate if you have info and I can pass on
> > to Mirco.
>
> > thanks,
> > rick
>
> > "Hugh" <metah...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> I aint postin no pics but you cannot see the edges no can you see
> >> through the ink or paint that is over the inserts.
>
> > Laziness rules!!!!  ;)
>
> > If John says they are nice then I believe him.  Too bad about the
> > missing colors though.
>
> > Hugh

1 error is enough to be a faulty product IMHO. You spend that much
money for something it should be right. It's not being blamed on Bay
Area just Mirco. Now if it was a missing hole, no big deal, but when
an art issue that can't be corrected without a major rework. I expect
important details like colors to be right. If this were a $500
product we wouldn't be having this discussion :) :)

Hugh

metallik

Oct 29, 2009, 1:48:22 PM10/29/09

> It's funny how everyone so far has missed the 2nd mistake and it is
> close to the brim as well.  There may not be any more mistakes but I
> haven't looked beyond the 2 I found and stopped.

Is this a challenge? :) Okay, looks like the solid brown spot in the
canyon wall just below and to the right of the hat shouldn't be
there. Minor change, but different nonetheless.

Hugh

Oct 29, 2009, 1:50:43 PM10/29/09

Let me update my statement. Faulty product is a bit overly harsh... I
should have said its big enough of a flaw that I wouldn't buy one.

Hugh

Sam

Oct 29, 2009, 2:25:18 PM10/29/09

Ding ding ding. Vanna, what does metallik win?

Pinballace

Oct 29, 2009, 2:40:57 PM10/29/09
I saw these at Expo and honesty compels me to say they looked very
nice. The small color issue on the brim doesn't really stand out and
if the end user wanted to fix it I doubt that it would be very
difficult. Since Expo I also got to see one of the last AFM
playfields Mirco did, it was really nice and the hole protectors being
pre-installed were a great touch.

All in all Mirco does great work and that robotic system he has is too
cool.

brokenvette

Oct 29, 2009, 2:54:45 PM10/29/09
> Ding ding ding.  Vanna, what does metallik win?

He wins a kiss from Barbera Bush