What's a '87 Williams Fire! worth?

boatbldr

Oct 5, 2007, 9:29:51 PM10/5/07
Good condition overall, boots, plays, playfield 9+, minor adjustments
needed. I have the opportunity to get this at auction tomorrow and I
don't want to pay too much. TIA

cody chunn

Oct 5, 2007, 9:47:32 PM10/5/07
TEN MEELION DOLLARS!!

Sorry, no idea "actual retail value..."

--
-cody
CARGPB4

"boatbldr" <boat...@gmail.com> wrote in message

JKirby

Oct 5, 2007, 9:59:35 PM10/5/07
Good condition Fire's are worth about $1000 give or take, but with the
auction being the setting for sale, don't expect any bargain.

Good Luck,
Joe

goatdan

Oct 5, 2007, 10:16:59 PM10/5/07

At auction, unless there is a ton of pins, expect it to go for $1000 +
20% various fees they add on, plus expect to find at least $500 in
repairs you didn't expect when you bought it if you haven't seen the
insides to confirm it all looks solid.

After the cost repairs, I have a $3000 Space Station that I bought at
auction. Of course, I didn't really know what I was doing when I
bought it (second game, first crappy condition game) but even if I
had, I'm sure it would still be a $2200 Space Station.

Buyer beware!

fawdown

Oct 5, 2007, 11:09:06 PM10/5/07
If its the limited run veneer cab in good shape, then its probably
worth a bit more.

freeze...@charter.net

Oct 5, 2007, 11:17:32 PM10/5/07
On Oct 5, 10:09 pm, fawdown <fawd...@excite.com> wrote:
> If its the limited run veneer cab in good shape, then its probably
> worth a bit more.

I'm looking for a fire to fix up! would love a CHAMPAGNE EDITION

josh.k...@comcast.net

Oct 6, 2007, 6:56:10 AM10/6/07

I sold my Champagne Edition Fire pin last year. Got less than $1k for
it. The Champagne Edition features a working roller to simulate a fire
in both the head AND the playfield. The down side: The gold plated,
brass, whatever those rails are, ALWAYS rust and there's no solution I
know of except painting it, and that might look like crap. Also, in
any Fire pin, the building plastics really take a beating. They crack
quite easily.

Still though, if I ever had the space again, I would get another Fire
pin. It's a fun game, great shots, and the moving ramp in the upper
part of the playfield is cool. This pin by the way, was shown briefly
in the movie, "What's Eating Gilbert Grape."

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com
Get your pinball dvds here!

acefree

Oct 6, 2007, 12:53:31 PM10/6/07
right around $1,000

dinu...@hotmail.com

Nov 13, 2007, 2:11:43 PM11/13/07
I have a Fire! CE and thought I would ask if anyone has info regarding
this pin. First of all, it is complete and working. The rollers in
the head work as they are supposed to. The backglass is slightly
different than the original. This backglass is all white on the back
except where the flames are supposed to be. (I have a regular Fire!
as well and that is why I am aware of the difference). The cabinet is
oak but there is no sideart at all. It does not look like it ever had
it. My question of course is: Was there sideart or not? Was there
sideart on some and not others? I am considering selling it after I
go through it again and make sure that everything is working
properly. I plan to buy new brass legs and bolts for it. I hope to
have the rails and lockbar redone in brass as well. I am not aware of
any art work avaialbe for this machine. Any info would be greatly
appreciated. The serial number ends with SE which tells me that it is
a special edition so I don't think someone redid the cabinet or
anything like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

seymour-shabow

Nov 13, 2007, 2:53:52 PM11/13/07

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=860&picno=3181

Also see the pics of the flyer that show it should have sideart.

-scott CARGPB#29

nomad

Nov 13, 2007, 3:15:54 PM11/13/07
On Nov 13, 11:53 am, seymour-shabow <seymour-sha...@excite.com> wrote:
> -scott CARGPB#29- Hide quoted text -

OK one pic shows the cabinet with the Oak finish and decals the other
is black with decals on the same Champagne Edition flyer so which is
it? And is the cabinet really Oak or just oak looking?

nomad

gbi...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2007, 4:01:51 PM11/13/07
The story I remember with these (may have even been the topcast w/
oursler) that they released x number to a hotel chain for use in their
lobbies. The number x was around 150, IIRC.

-Gregg B.

gbi...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2007, 4:03:30 PM11/13/07

the sideart-less ones, that is.

dinu...@hotmail.com

Nov 19, 2007, 11:11:13 AM11/19/07

Now we are getting somewhere. I appreciate the info. Can anyone
confirm this info or have any more info? What hotel chain?