How can I be so good on the first ball and then :(

captkirk

Jun 11, 2010, 4:39:27 PM6/11/10
Trying to relax a little at home this afternoon. Working a little on
games, playing a lot of games. So I boot up the Black Spiderman, Woo
Hoo!, first ball I get to Battle Royale, score 179MM on the first
ball, best I have ever done ever. Have an extra ball and 2 more balls
to go. Total score 189MM, how can this be? 2 balls flew off the
slings and straight down the outlanes, last ball hits the opposite
flipper and down....wOO hOO I blew it.

Just had to share.

captkirk

Deadly

Jun 11, 2010, 4:41:34 PM6/11/10

It's called "Pissing a good game down your leg" and unfortunately
that's how it goes some times. I try to stay positive and when it
happens remind myself that it only takes one ball to get a HS.

funrudy

Jun 11, 2010, 4:41:42 PM6/11/10
In article
<c0ac80b0-5d63-4653...@j4g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
captkirk <castl...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's the Damn right sling.
She can make even the best of balls go flat!
Does it with her Snaggletooth!

JD

Jun 11, 2010, 4:43:16 PM6/11/10

You know.... I played SM the other day.... had a score of 97 or so mil
on the first ball, got the EB and then the next 3 balls sucked, finished
with 110 mil or so.

-JD-

Rompen

Jun 11, 2010, 4:55:04 PM6/11/10

Robert Winter

Jun 11, 2010, 5:09:22 PM6/11/10

That's the beauty of pinball!

Robert
-----
http://robertwinter.com

PinMatt

Jun 11, 2010, 5:15:56 PM6/11/10

pinball giveth and it taketh away...

seymour.shabow

Jun 11, 2010, 5:49:42 PM6/11/10

Par for the course ;)

Easy solution of course on this is to set your games to one ball per
game, like the coin drop tourney.

-scott CARGPB#29

Chris Hibler

Jun 11, 2010, 5:40:14 PM6/11/10

As has been stated here many times before....
"the ball is wild"... :-)
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
www.Team-EM.com

Ron Lyons

Jun 11, 2010, 6:05:47 PM6/11/10

Maybe your index fingers got tired. You're gonna have to get more
exercise somehow.

Ron Lyons

Jun 11, 2010, 6:06:38 PM6/11/10
On Jun 11, 5:15 pm, PinMatt <matt...@deaneandcompany.com> wrote:

> pinball giveth and it taketh away...

LOL

Pinboy

Jun 11, 2010, 10:36:25 PM6/11/10

I always seem to drain the first 2 and wail on the final ball. then I
think to myself WHY DID THE FIRST TWO BALLS SUK SO BAD :)

Ron Lyons

Jun 11, 2010, 11:18:16 PM6/11/10

Good thing you stuck in there!

Bob in Phx

Jun 11, 2010, 11:44:35 PM6/11/10
the pinball Gods are laughing right about now....
On my space shuttle, no matter what I do, every single game, even if its the
2nd, 3rd or 4th game in a row, the first ball always sucks. None of my other
games play like that... its just the first ball on that particular
machine.... dang it if I know why....

"captkirk" <castl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Jonny O

Jun 12, 2010, 2:42:45 AM6/12/10

That happened to me about a month ago. I was at the PPM warehouse
just hanging around and being a general nuisance but one tech was
dialing in a TZ and I was playtesting with him. It was finally good
to go and he left around 10PM. I had to work the next day and had to
go too, but... well one game, right? I mean the game is 100%.

Two games in a row got one door panel away from LITZ. ONE!! And it
was the worst because the glass was still off and I was SO tempted...
and then of course there's the extra ball buy-in just staring me in
the face. But somehow I resisted.

The next week after league play I got LITZ on a route game in ok
condition and it was sweet!

DugFreez

Jun 12, 2010, 6:26:36 AM6/12/10
On Jun 11, 10:36 pm, Pinboy <dbmur...@att.net> wrote:

I sometime have a good first ball and then the rest suck, but more
often it is the opposite. I play 2 crap balls and I'm in a bad mood
and then the third ball kicks in and pulls me up to a decent score.

That actually makes more sense with Spider-Man because even if you
do have to crap balls to start a game...by the time ball 3 rolls
around you are usually into multi-ball modes and deeper territory in
the game and able to squeeze out better score just from being deeper.