Iron Man code v1.2 up

mnpinball

Apr 26, 2010, 7:13:00 PM4/26/10
V 01.2 - 26-April-2010
====================

- French text added.
- Added more Tony Stark, Jarvis speech.
- Cleaned up mini wizard mode background display effect.
- Added shaker motor code to Iron Monger, Whiplash and Do or Die.
- Added code to pause the Whiplash Multiball ball timer while the
multiball is starting.

(eagerly awaiting my shaker motor)

Rare Hero

Apr 26, 2010, 7:21:27 PM4/26/10
Waiting for the update that says

-Removed temp. Big Buck Hunter redneck voice, replaced w/ real Iron
Man character voice.

;)

...also waiting for a f'ing Los Angeles location to get the
game ....you f'ing teases....

Greg

chuck

Apr 26, 2010, 7:22:42 PM4/26/10

So, I haven't seen anyone complaining (yet) Is the "final" code good?

mnpinball

Apr 26, 2010, 7:27:43 PM4/26/10

Sure to be one or 2 more updates before May 7th. I have no complaints.
I really like the randomness of the voice quotes. I noticed this more
on the 1.1 and I really like the direction they have taken the code.

Robert Winter

Apr 26, 2010, 11:43:30 PM4/26/10
On 4/26/2010 4:21 PM, Rare Hero wrote:
> ...also waiting for a f'ing Los Angeles location to get the
> game ....you f'ing teases....

You're gonna be waiting a long time Greg. I was just at CA today. They
don't have one and have yet to sell one. They've never had or sold a
BBH either.

Unless an op buys from out of state...

Robert
-----
http://robertwinter.com

Mike S

Apr 26, 2010, 11:51:46 PM4/26/10
This whole time I've been thinking that voice was Chris Cooper of October
Sky, The Bourne Identity, or Seabiscuit fame. I like that guy, I was fine
with it. It has a military drill sargent quality.

Williams F-14 as-it goes noob rebuild blog:
http://shoppedmachine.blogspot.com

"Rare Hero" <rareh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

BlueMalibu

Apr 27, 2010, 8:17:00 AM4/27/10

Wow, this is the 4th update since Marvin put his Ironman in the
museum.

Lets hope this continues as it is cool to see the game progress as the
software is completed.

I think there were a couple issues in 1.1 (like NO ball saver at start
of whiplash MB) so it will be interesting to see if this fixes them.

Parker

Rare Hero

Apr 27, 2010, 10:43:02 AM4/27/10
On Apr 26, 8:43 pm, Robert Winter <n...@robertwinter.com> wrote:
> You're gonna be waiting a long time Greg.  I was just at CA today.  They
> don't have one and have yet to sell one.  They've never had or sold a
> BBH either.
>
> Unless an op buys from out of state...

I don't get it ....why does it seem like there are tons of these all
over the country already, but the gaddamn place that made the movie
can't get one? I understand them not getting a BBH, the theme has no
appeal in L.A. CA isn't the only distributor around here,
right? ...man, this sucks!

Greg

Rare Hero

Apr 27, 2010, 10:44:09 AM4/27/10
On Apr 26, 8:51 pm, "Mike S" <shoppedmach...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This whole time I've been thinking that voice was Chris Cooper of October
> Sky, The Bourne Identity, or Seabiscuit fame.  I like that guy, I was fine
> with it.  It has a military drill sargent quality.

Chris Cooper wasn't in Iron Man ...what does a military drill sargent
have to do w/ Iron Man?

Greg

Mike S

Apr 27, 2010, 11:26:21 AM4/27/10
Yea, I didn't see the credits, I just assumed he was in the new one
somewhere.

I don't know... talking about weapons and drones and such... Mark 1
completed, stuff like that. Isn't the guy who becomes War Machine in the
Air force?

It just fits with the theme I think. Just my opinion.

Williams F-14 as-it goes noob rebuild blog:
http://shoppedmachine.blogspot.com

"Rare Hero" <rareh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Rare Hero

Apr 27, 2010, 11:52:35 AM4/27/10
On Apr 27, 8:26 am, "Mike S" <shoppedmach...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know... talking about weapons and drones and such... Mark 1
> completed, stuff like that.  Isn't the guy who becomes War Machine in the
> Air force?

War Machine is Don Cheadle (Terrance Howard in the first movie).

Greg

phishrace

Apr 27, 2010, 11:57:06 AM4/27/10

pmwolf

Apr 27, 2010, 1:25:28 PM4/27/10
Are there actual quotes from Tony Stark/Robert Downey Jr?

I've only played 1.0, and didn't hear an actual quote anywhere
(well..maybe one from Iron Monger/Jeff Bridges...but certainly none
from RDJ).

mnpinball

Apr 27, 2010, 1:51:20 PM4/27/10

v1.1 and v1.2 have much more random Tony Stark quotes that have been
added.

No custom from him but there is a lot of random stuff. Every once in
awhile you hear a few that make you laugh.

More Jarvis custom speech is cool.

Rare Hero

Apr 27, 2010, 1:57:51 PM4/27/10
On Apr 27, 10:51 am, mnpinball <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> More Jarvis custom speech is cool.

Has Jarvis replaced any of the BBH-redneck speech? (I'm still hoping
that voice is temp.) ;)

Greg

machine.slave

Apr 27, 2010, 2:18:26 PM4/27/10
I agree and hope so too (who is it, anyway? One of the programmers?)

I gotta say though, I'm impressed with how quickly the updates are
being pumped out. Way to go, Stern!

pmwolf

Apr 27, 2010, 2:37:29 PM4/27/10
> No custom from him but there is a lot of random stuff.  Every once in
> awhile you hear a few that make you laugh.

I'm okay with no custom speech from Robert Downey Jr...I don't expect
it, nor would I want Stern to spend that much money just to get a
celebrity to go through the motions of saying "Jackpot" while bored
out of their skulls. (I'm looking at you, 24).

I would LOVE to see some quotes taken directly from the movie (ala
Spider-Man), and NOT an impersonator (i.e.: POTC).

When I played the game, all I heard was custom Jarvis stuff, and maybe
a quote or two from Iron Monger. Has this changed significantly, or
are the Tony Stark movie quotes rare?

Man, I hate to say it (because it sounds so shallow): But honestly, my
decision to own this game may boil down to how many actual quotes are
in the game.

Thanks!
Pete

MS

Apr 27, 2010, 2:40:27 PM4/27/10

> I'm okay with no custom speech from Robert Downey Jr...I don't expect
> it, nor would I want Stern to spend that much money just to get a
> celebrity to go through the motions of saying "Jackpot" while bored
> out of their skulls. (I'm looking at you, 24).

If Chloe is doing the voice in 24... well, she sounds bored or cranky
all the time on the show, too!

mnpinball

Apr 27, 2010, 11:27:17 PM4/27/10

Lots more Tony Stark clips in this update. I play 10 games and I hear
something different every game.
Even heard more clips from the IM2 trailers. Jarvis narration is real
nice.

Destruk

Apr 28, 2010, 2:29:43 AM4/28/10
I find it's quite hard to understand what the game says before the
match animation. From the first movie it has to be "Kill Power".

mnpinball

Apr 28, 2010, 2:37:00 AM4/28/10
On Apr 28, 1:29 am, Destruk <dest...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I find it's quite hard to understand what the game says before the
> match animation.  From the first movie it has to be "Kill Power".

Correct.