Will Tron be the next MM??

pinballzmylife

May 4, 2011, 12:18:05 PM5/4/11
I know it's made by Stern, but That doesn't bother me one bit... I
feel like this game will only be gaining in value.. Way more hype for
this game from behind the scenes than I've seen in Years.. This can
only be a good thing.. I have a feeling this is going to be Sterns all
time best to date.

Lloyd Olson

May 4, 2011, 12:22:44 PM5/4/11
At least until the next stern pin. Then the hype will be for that one.

Next MM ? Very doubtful. LTG :)

"pinballzmylife" <silver...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Matt McKee

May 4, 2011, 12:20:26 PM5/4/11
It's better than MM. Best game I never played!

matt

AFM_TZ

May 4, 2011, 12:37:08 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 12:20 pm, Matt McKee <m...@semmergroup.com> wrote:
> It's better than MM. Best game I never played!
>
> matt

I would like to sidetrack the thread for a moment -

To Stern - there has been alot of hype / excitement for this game - i
havent seen this much hoopla for a Pin in while.
Point? If you are reading this - Its clear you will sell quite a few
of these - all because you did what the fan base wanted - please
listen closely to the fans they (we) know what we are talking about
(most of us anyway). P.S. i hope this is a Kick azz pin since i am in-
line.

Hugh

May 4, 2011, 12:43:33 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 12:37 pm, AFM_TZ <jduri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to sidetrack the thread for a moment -
>
> To Stern - there has been alot of hype / excitement for this game - i
> havent seen this much hoopla for a Pin in while.
> Point? If you are reading this - Its clear you will sell quite a few
> of these - all because you did what the fan base wanted - please
> listen closely to the fans they (we) know what we are talking about
> (most of us anyway). P.S. i hope this is a Kick azz pin since i am in-
> line.

If Stern puts out Transformers then I know they are listening to their
fans :)

Hugh

gpsdrew

May 4, 2011, 12:45:42 PM5/4/11
The next MM will be MM2
;)

teekee

May 4, 2011, 1:42:35 PM5/4/11

better than MM??? maybe... better than Avatar??? NEVER!!!!!!!!

dcerny

May 4, 2011, 1:44:14 PM5/4/11

I thought Punchy the Clown was the next MM.

freaktech

May 4, 2011, 1:48:12 PM5/4/11
On 4 Mai, 19:44, dcerny <dce...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought Punchy the Clown was the next MM.

??? the next MM

THRON? this junk? sorry bit the 2nd part is not better then the first

Tom G

May 4, 2011, 1:52:16 PM5/4/11

You guys make me laugh.

mnpinball

May 4, 2011, 2:35:21 PM5/4/11

It's next for fall release ;)

Rum-Z

May 4, 2011, 2:35:42 PM5/4/11
No. "24" had the safe house that blew-up like the castle in MM. "24"
is the next MM. Get it while it's still affordable.

The above sentence contained some sarcasm. How much, I can't divulge.

Jeff R.

mnpinball

May 4, 2011, 2:39:30 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 11:18 am, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:

No. But it will be good.

Pirates, Simps and Lord are best, with relation to code and toys.
Period.

Spidey close behind based on code and theme alone. No toy WOW
factor. Actually Spidey doesn't have any toys. I don't call a moving
3-bank or a magnet a "toy". It's an operation feature. ;-)

Jonathan

May 4, 2011, 2:40:03 PM5/4/11

Isn't comparing Tron to MM the same as comparing Sterns IJ4 to the wms
IJ?
I rest my case.

Jonathan

ldnayman

May 4, 2011, 2:46:48 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 11:18 am, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:

Yes. This game will be the next MM, I guarantee it.

A wise man would cash in the kids' college funds and buy as many NIB
as he can.

pinballzmylife

May 4, 2011, 2:50:27 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 2:40 pm, Jonathan <tomcro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 mei, 18:18, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > I know it's made by Stern, but That doesn't bother me one bit... I
> > feel like this game will only be gaining in value.. Way more hype for
> > this game from behind the scenes than I've seen in Years.. This can
> > only be a good thing.. I have a feeling this is going to be Sterns all
> > time best to date.

And I also said, " I KNOW IT"S MADE BY STERN " didn't I...

Tim N.

May 4, 2011, 2:50:51 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 11:18 am, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:

If you are comparing them from purely a price standpoint, a Tron LE is
already a MM... :)

Reinhard

May 4, 2011, 2:56:48 PM5/4/11

"dcerny" <dce...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I thought Punchy the Clown was the next MM.

No, it was Dinosaur Eggs.........

pinball94

May 4, 2011, 3:14:58 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 2:50 pm, "Tim N." <nobl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are comparing them from purely a price standpoint, a Tron LE is
> already a MM... :)

So true, so true

AFM_TZ

May 4, 2011, 3:19:17 PM5/4/11

Great point - didnt think about that. What real toys are on SM? They
are all very unimpressive - and the game still rocks.Shows how
unimportant toys are (i didnt notice!).

Just a word on unimpressive - all the villans do (ock and sandman) are
move up and done and slowly at that. The best of them by the way, is
the goblin - i like the spring shake thing hes got going on.

ant68

May 4, 2011, 4:15:54 PM5/4/11
On May 5, 2:45 am, gpsdrew <d...@thegpsstore.com> wrote:
> The next MM will be MM2
> ;)

No it will not be a MM2 , but a rebirth of the original .....

mnpinball

May 4, 2011, 5:10:24 PM5/4/11
Goes to show how important software and theme is.
Tron and Transformers will be exceptional sellers for Stern.

Kyle Wren

May 4, 2011, 4:57:49 PM5/4/11
In article <773e0776-d30b-4a33...@l18g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,
pinballzmylife says...

The next MM is being built in Australia. Pre-orders are still open, they ship
any day now.

And as soon as the used price on any Stern approaches within $100 of what the
games sold for new it automatically triggers another run of repeats. No game
will ever appreciate - ever. Do not buy a new pinball machine hoping to get
rich, it's a bad bet...

--
- Kyle

eagle68

May 4, 2011, 5:34:40 PM5/4/11

Sounds like a guy who has some NIB Avatars sitting around....better go
rent a storage unit for 5 years and cross your fingers.

eagle68

May 4, 2011, 5:36:08 PM5/4/11

most ridiculous statement ever !

Detroitboy

May 4, 2011, 10:25:33 PM5/4/11
MM is a great game, and I sure love mine. But the market price of
anything is related to supply and demand. Its not that its the
"greatest game in the world"....but it is really good and entertaining
too. Even for new players or spectators. And there is no supply, but
darn near every part you need for the game is available. That
certainly accounts for some of its popularity.

The production numbers don't really account for or justify the high
prices. Many good games had much lower production numbers. I really
have to believe that the lack of supply is related to the fact that
owners don't really have to worry about its value decreasing as time
goes on (partially due to the fact that so many parts for it are
available) so owners don't dump them in an attempt to avoid
depreciation. Add the fact that many of them have been lost in
catastrophic events through the years. It was a popular game, and was
on many commercial sites since new and for many years. The southern US
for example has always been known for having pinball games in bars
etc. Well, look at all the flooding alone that has wiped out so many
properties and everything in them since 1997 in those areas. Who
knows...maybe even a container ship of them sunk or a semi load of
them went off a cliff on the west coast when they were in transit
after being built. How many pinball games were destroyed in the
tragedy in New Orleans alone? Add the entire southern area that was
damaged so badly in that hurricaine alone, then all the hurricanes
that have hit Florida and the lower east coast since the game was made
and think about the fact that back then more games were on location at
commercial sites than in private homes. And lots of commercial sites
were near the coastal areas.

I think there are a lot less MM's in existance now than were made
originally. JMHO......

SaBbRa CaDaBra

May 4, 2011, 11:12:25 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 12:18 pm, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I know it's made by Stern, but That doesn't bother me one bit... I
> feel like this gamewillonly be gaining in value.. Way more hype for

> this game from behind the scenes than I've seen in Years.. This can
> only be a good thing.. I have a feeling this is going to be Sterns all
> time best to date.

Tron as a whole is not even as cool as the moat on Medieval Madness.

chuck

May 4, 2011, 11:38:57 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 12:18 pm, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I know it's made by Stern, but That doesn't bother me one bit... I
> feel like this game will only be gaining in value.. Way more hype for

> this game from behind the scenes than I've seen in Years.. This can
> only be a good thing.. I have a feeling this is going to be Sterns all
> time best to date.

Will hover cars be better than Learjets?

Detroitboy

May 5, 2011, 12:54:35 AM5/5/11

Nope. No room for the stripper pole!

MrTilt

May 5, 2011, 6:31:49 AM5/5/11

TRON LE will be my 6th NIB STERN and only stern collection BRING IT
ON!! Nothing beats a new pinnie!!

goatdan

May 5, 2011, 8:18:12 AM5/5/11
On May 4, 11:18 am, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I know it's made by Stern, but That doesn't bother me one bit... I
> feel like this game will only be gaining in value.. Way more hype for
> this game from behind the scenes than I've seen in Years.. This can
> only be a good thing.. I have a feeling this is going to be Sterns all
> time best to date.

No. MM commands such a ridiculously high price because of two huge
factors -- the first is that Williams wanted to teach people who had
been waiting for games to drop in price that they couldn't do that and
be guaranteed to get a game, so they purposely underbuilt MM, and
demand outstripped supply from the day it was released. Add to that
it was and still is a monster route earner, and the ops that got them
don't want to give them up.

Because Stern isn't going to artificially shut down a market for a
game, they are not going to stop 2000 machines short (or whatever it
is) of what the market demands. If the market demands more games in a
year or two, they'll find a way to remake them.

The LEs that Stern does may stay in higher price brackets and even
inflate because they aren't doing them, but having the regular model
be rerun makes it so that the inflation isn't crazy silly high.
Imagine what inflation would look like if they *only* ran Spider-Man
Black if you couldn't get Red...

But anyway, there will be no more MMs. The way they handled it was
ultimately a HUGE error for Williams and is pointed to as a reason
they started to go down even more. Yeah, it sucked that people were
waiting to buy games until the prices dropped, but by screwing them
and saying you can't buy this game you want even at full price, it
made a lot of them stop shopping for pins period.

Toolguy

May 5, 2011, 8:41:49 AM5/5/11
On May 4, 12:18 pm, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I know it's made by Stern, but That doesn't bother me one bit... I
> feel like this game will only be gaining in value.. Way more hype for
> this game from behind the scenes than I've seen in Years.. This can
> only be a good thing.. I have a feeling this is going to be Sterns all
> time best to date.

More hype because of all the "TRON heads" out there.

Just like for the movie and the surge and spike in prices for the old
TRON video arcade games.

AFM_TZ

May 5, 2011, 9:11:41 AM5/5/11

On the vid side (i am restoring a Tron now), demand for Tron is pretty
healthy and have been seeing inflated prices on Ebay - 1400+ for
average games.

Forget EDOTs and DOT - (the second Tron game Bally put out, Discs of
Tron). EDOTs in unrestored condition have been going for 2500+ and
DOTs are going for 1500+.

So yes, alot of demand for Tron right now, even well after the film. I
think the DVD release led to it by bringing the film to a wider
audience (i am one of them). If Disney goes ahead with Tron 3 demand
will pick up again (provided its not a diaster of a film).

MM or Tron is Facetious comparison, but a good satirical laced
observation considering the hype for the game being its not even out
yet.

I for one am in line, and question my thinking. But the theme is
timeless and perfect for gaming, it just fits. I am VERY eager to hear
about test results as i am sure alot of us are.

I think Stern may break some sales records for early runs based on the
hype, and if they have a good game, could lead to ONE OF their all
time best sellers. We will see.

Retrogameconnection

May 5, 2011, 12:54:27 PM5/5/11
On May 4, 9:18 am, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I know it's made by Stern, but That doesn't bother me one bit... I
> feel like this game will only be gaining in value.. Way more hype for
> this game from behind the scenes than I've seen in Years.. This can
> only be a good thing.. I have a feeling this is going to be Sterns all
> time best to date.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say:

The next MM is going to be WOZ !!

There, I said it!

erickit

May 5, 2011, 1:07:20 PM5/5/11
On May 4, 9:18 am, pinballzmylife <silverball...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I know it's made by Stern, but That doesn't bother me one bit... I
> feel like this game will only be gaining in value.. Way more hype for
> this game from behind the scenes than I've seen in Years.. This can
> only be a good thing.. I have a feeling this is going to be Sterns all
> time best to date.

Jack hasn't played it so we don't know if he likes it, for all we know
it could be the next Popeye.

Eric

ovfdfireman

May 5, 2011, 1:27:32 PM5/5/11
ppptttwwwwoooo, sorry got coffee in my nose.

Big12bus

May 5, 2011, 1:39:01 PM5/5/11

MM's were not in high demand when it came out. In fact the
distributors in Texas could not get rid of them and continued to drop
the price just to get them out the door. I know folks who bought
Williams titles from distributors in this time for 2000 - 2500
dollars. Safecrackers, CV's, MM, etc. No demand, no sales, no
players.........

Bill