***DEXCON 4*** COMPLETE INFO

Vinny Salzillo

Mar 12, 1995, 6:42:22 PM3/12/95
The DEXCON 4 Flyer has been finished and is being mailed out to gamers
across the country. If you would like to have one sent to you, please send
email to:

salv...@eworld.com

and include your full name and address!

Double Exposure, Inc. is proud to present its premier gaming event...

DEXCON 4

The Most Exciting Gaming Convention in the Country
Now Bigger Than Ever in Our Luxurious New Location!

July 20 - 23, 1995
At the Radisson Hotel Somerset in Somerset, New Jersey!

Featuring an incredible roster of Flagship Events for 1995...

An All-New $2,500 Badge Puzzle!
The Double Exposure Magic: The Gathering Summer Championship!
The Debut of Ocean Magic - 25mm Scale Man O' War!
The Debut of The Star Wars Capital Ship Combat System!
The Debut of Sci-Fi Supply's BattleTech Macrotures!
The Return of Sci-Fi Supply's Ogre Macrotures!
Star Wars Miniatures: The Battle of Endor in 25mm Scale!
An All-New GURPS Multi-Genre Tournament!
The $1,000 AD&D Team Tournament!
The $1,000 Live Spcae Hulk Team Tournament!
The $500 Team Volleyball Tournament
West End Games' Star Wars Role Playing Championship!
FIVE 10-Hour Live Role Playing Horror Games!
SIXTEEN RPGA Modules, including FOUR Living City Adventures!
A Feature Event for the RPGA CLUB DECATHLON!
***EIGHT*** FIRST-RUN RPGA MODULES!!!
A Master/Grandmaster/Paragon RPGA Event!
The U.S. National OTHELLO Championship!
The Illuminati New World Order Mega-Championship, run by Steve Jackson!
Over 50 Nexus-Sanctioned Events!
And MUCH, MUCH MORE!

Hosting our Special Guests...

Phil & Kaja Foglio (Award-Winning Artists)
Steve Jackson (President, Steve Jackson Games)
Daniel Scott Palter (President, West End Games)
Steve Bishop (World Tournament Director, Wizards of the Coast)
Nicholas Tompkins (President, EPICAST, U.S.A.)
John Hurtt& David Hyde (Co-Founders, Sci-Fi Supply)
Clarence Hewlett (National Tournament Director, U.S. Othello Association)
Dave Frank (Director of Convention Support, Games Workshop)

With TEN Tracks of non-stop gaming action...

RPGA Network Gaming
Role Playing
Wargaming
Board Gaming
Card Gaming
Computer Gaming
Pencil Puzzles & Word Games
Miniatures
Tradable Card Gaming
Outdoor Sports

Join over 1,500 gamers at a gaming convention like no other in the nation!
Non-stop action from Thursday night through Sunday night in over 500
Events...plus all the free snacks and refreshments you can eat all weekend
long, including our special annual events, SUGARFEST 1995, featuring
20,000 Pixy Stix and over 50 other types of confections all night long
Saturday night, and the Ghirardelli Chocolate Fondue, with our huge VAT of
chocolate for dipping all night long Friday night!

Plus unique Double Exposure events, including the Improv, the Pun Contest,
the Trivia Contest, the Freestyle Frisbee Face-Off, the Tennis
Championship, and the Pinball Tournament (we have pinball machines running
FREE all weekend long!

Plus an outdoor picnic area and a non-stop party each night around our
beautiful outdoor pool area!

All for one low price of $35.00 for the entire weekend, with NO ADDITIONAL
FEE FOR ANY TOURNAMENTS OR EVENTS!!!

WARGAMERS! YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THE 1995 ARENA, Double Exposure's 50' x
20' Gargantuan Battlefield, the largest convention Miniatures spectacle in
the country! This year's featured events:

Warhammer 40,000:

Two huge battles featuring Mike Biasi's and Nicholas Tompkins' 25mm Titans
and vehicles! The War of the Titans is a gigantic showdown using the full
size of the ARENA! Huge 25mm Titans like the Reaver and Warhound Imperial
Titans and the Ork Great Gargant and Stompers face off against vehicles
and super-heavy weapons! Then we play the Siege of the Eldar, featuring a
beautiful scratch-built Eldar City, sparkling with Jewels and deadly
weaponry!

The Battle of Endor:

The sequel to our tremendously successful Battle of Hoth in 1994! Join us
on the forest world of Endor and take part in a history-making three-way
extravaganza between the Imperials and the Rebels & Ewoks! Shoot down huge
AT-AT's that stand over 18" tall on the battlefield!

Ocean Magic - 25mm Man O' War:

Jim Williamson and Small Realities has created a dream setting for Man O'
War fans! We transform the ARENA into a giant Ocean, and use FULL-SIZE
25mm Man O' War ships, scratch built in full detail! While the ship battle
rages, the individual figures will be fighting using Warhammer Fantasy
combat rules! This 8-hour marathon will forever change your perception of
wargaming!

The Star Wars Capital Ship Combat Battle:

Sci-Fi Supply brings us the centerpiece of the convention - their
show-stopping SIX-FOOT LONG, FULLY DETAILED STAR DESTROYER, as Double
Exposure debuts the fantastic new Capital Ship Combat System for West End
Games! Three dozen players will pilot fully-scaled and detailed ships in a
blow-out battle which is sure to leave you breathless! Be a part of gaming
history!

Ogre and BattleTech Macrotures:

Sci-Fi Supply again brings us their eye-popping 25mm Ogre Macrotures for
another command post assault (the Mark IV Ogres are over TWO FEET LONG)
and this year they bring us a whole new Macroture game: BattleTech! Huge
Mechs will fight against each other in a battle which you will remember
for the rest of your life!

Plus dozens of wargames all weekend long, around the clock, including
special battles fought with Dave Frank of Games Workshop, huge tables
filled with Space Hulk, Space Marine, Titan Legions, Warhammer Fantasy
Battles, Warhammer 40K, Man O' War, BattleTech, Star Wars Miniatures, Ogre
miniatures, Bloodshadows Miniatures, and so much more that you will never
want to leave! DEXCON is the Wargaming Capital of the convention world,
and our huge 3,300 square foot central wargaming room will convince you
that you've truly entered THE GAMER'S PARADISE!

For more information, write to: Salv...@eWorld.com or call the Double
Exposure hotline: 718-881-4575. Leave your FULL NAME and MAILING ADDRESS!
Even the flyer has a $500 puzzle hidden in it, so get your copy today, and
join us for the #1 convention in the country! Minutes from Newark
International Airport and centered between Virginia and Maine!

Don't forget to visit the Double Exposure Web Page at:
http://www.io.com/~doublex/

Tyranid

Mar 16, 1995, 11:21:04 AM3/16/95
GWUS may send a full live-action Space Hulk team, so this could be your
chance to shoot some of us nasty GW types! :)

I'll be there with Dave Frank, so drop by and say hi if you attend.

Tim Huckelbery
GWUS Online