Really really basic support question

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Kenneth J. Hoover

未读,
1993年3月29日 15:05:111993/3/29
收件人
Here's something that I've been puzzling on since I got started in dip
a little while ago:

If I have two units supporting each other:

army A support army B
army B support army A

and armies C and D are adjacent to A...

Will A be dislodged if

army C -> A
and army D support army C -> A

I know this seems silly, but I have to ask the really basic questions
SOMEWHERE. I've seen references to "mutual support". Is this what is meant by
that term? What are its advantages/disadvantages?

- Ken Hoover
--
Kenneth J. Hoover | "Not one shred of evidence exists
ITSS Supervisor of Systems & Ops | that life is serious."

Jamie

未读,
1993年3月29日 15:24:021993/3/29
收件人
>From: "Kenneth J. Hoover" <K...@PSUEDVAX.BITNET>

> Here's something that I've been puzzling on since I got started in dip
>a little while ago:
>
> If I have two units supporting each other:
>
> army A support army B
> army B support army A
>
> and armies C and D are adjacent to A...
>
> Will A be dislodged if
>
> army C -> A
> and army D support army C -> A

Why, no, of course not. A is supported.

> I know this seems silly, but I have to ask the really basic questions
>SOMEWHERE. I've seen references to "mutual support". Is this what is meant
by
>that term? What are its advantages/disadvantages?

Yes, no doubt this is what was meant by "mutual support."
It's advantages and disadvantages are exactly the same as all kinds
of support.

Jamie

0 个新帖子