Core War for Macintosh

Geoff Allen

Nov 12, 1991, 6:05:34 PM11/12/91

At home, I have a Core War implementation for the Macintosh called
``Core!''. The writer is someone who works at Microsoft (and makes it
clear that this is *not* a Microsoft project, just a personal thing).

There are two things at the ftp site sumex-aim.stanford.edu that look
like they could be this or similar. In the directory /info-mac/game...

| #### core-11.hqx ****
|
| From: ke...@eclectic.com
| Subject: [*] Core! 1.1
|
| A robot programming battle game, complete with docs and 100+ robots from
| the 1987, 1988, 1989, and 1990 contests. Part of the October GAMER
| Project Distribution.
|

| #### core-wars-simulator.hqx ****
|
| Date: Tue, 30 Apr 91 16:23 CDT
| From: PK6...@acad.drake.edu
| Subject: Core Wars Simulator
|
| Core Wars Simulator. Core Wars was described in Scientific
| American articles written by A.K. Dewdney a couple of
| years ago. Using a simple (but suprisingly powerful) command
| language, you write fighter programs that try to kill each
| other off. Compressed with Stuffit. Contains application,
| manuals, and fighter programs from 1987, 88, and 89
| official tournaments.

Both of these are newer than what I have at home. Maybe it's time to do
some downloadin'...

--
Geoff Allen \ Driggs, Idaho -- cultural hub of the west!
uunet!pmafire!geoff \

blinking...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2017, 3:33:34 PM7/9/17
FILM .