Imp Nebula

Kiv Ridge

Mar 23, 2016, 10:14:37 PM3/23/16
So I came across a warrior I wrote a while ago, mostly just for fun. It's just a bunch of interlaced imp spirals, all with different ring sizes. It's 117 processes total, split across five rings. I was just wondering what everyone else thought of it, and whether or not it could actually be somewhat competitive if I reworked it. Anyways, here it is!

istep EQU 2667
istep2 EQU 1143
istep3 EQU 889
istep4 EQU 381
istep5 EQU 1

imp MOV 0, istep
launch SPL 1, <istep
SPL 1, <istep2
MOV -1, 0
SPL 1, <istep3
MOV -1, 0
SPL 2

spread JMP @spread, imp
ADD #istep, spread
SPL 2

spread2 JMP @spread2, imp2
ADD #istep2, spread2
SPL 2

spread3 JMP @spread3, imp3
ADD #istep3, spread3
SPL 2

spread4 JMP @spread4, imp4
ADD #istep4, spread4

imp5 MOV 0, istep5
imp3 MOV 0, istep3
DAT 0, 0
imp2 MOV 0, istep2
imp4 MOV 0, istep4

END launch

So, any glaring issues, or little tricks I could use to improve it? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kiv

John Metcalf

Mar 26, 2016, 5:42:10 AM3/26/16
Normally you would pair an imp with a more aggressive component, e.g. a self-splitting stone. The trick is to get the balance of processes right for each component.

I'd definitely boot the imps away because they're currently overlapping creating a vulnerable area.