If there has to be a wipe...

Yuri Gorlinski

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99

How about a stat/skill wipe where our characters are reset to their
starting values, leaving possessions, property, and the world intact?
That way the people who have been playing the game as it was intended
won't lose everything, the people who went red too early will remain
red, and the people who did nothing but macro up their stats/skills
will be starting from scratch. And OGD would be able to keep our
boat, house, and guildstone, which is all that really matters anyway.
8)

The whole stat/skill thing is a non-issue to me... They are all
relatively easy to raise via conventional methods if you put the
work in. I don't see any need to wipe the shard on account of
stat/skill imbalances because these things tend to sort themselves
out with time anyway... But, if there has to be a wipe, why not
just wipe the stats and skills?

Icculus al'Ibn, OGD

Austin

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
On 23 Jul 1999 14:42:23 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Yuri Gorlinski)
wrote:

What about all the wealth created by the imbalanced stats and skill,
and how do they track that down?

Austin of Napa
Treasure Hunter for hire. If there are hunters on other shard
that use UOAM ill share my map files with you.

Tim Lisk

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
This is a rather interesting (though biased) solution... I must admit, I'd
support it. I mean, the only "exploit" that can truly be complained about
is macroing. This would fix that exploit. Arguably, wealth gained by those
skills wouldn't be fixed, but I don't really mind since it would mean OUR
wealth doesn't go bye-bye either... :p

- Tim

Yuri Gorlinski <yg...@mojo.calyx.net> wrote in message

Snowball

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
That kind of defeats the purpose of a wipe if you only delete 'bits' of the
shard.

Yuri Gorlinski

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
007...@direct.ca says...

>What about all the wealth created by the imbalanced stats and skill,
>and how do they track that down?

The way I figure it, the people who have been wasting a good portion
of their time macroing haven't had a chance to accumulate nearly as much
wealth as the people who went out and started earning from the beginning,
so I don't really see this as an issue.

Icculus al'Ibn, OGD

sme...@icubed.com

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
Tim Lisk wrote:

> This is a rather interesting (though biased) solution... I must admit, I'd
> support it. I mean, the only "exploit" that can truly be complained about
> is macroing. This would fix that exploit. Arguably, wealth gained by those
> skills wouldn't be fixed, but I don't really mind since it would mean OUR
> wealth doesn't go bye-bye either... :p

Ooh....how about I complain about all the wealth gained via poison spell
and escorting? :)

-Smedley, Daemon Summoner

Quaestor

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
sme...@icubed.com wrote:

> Ooh....how about I complain about all the wealth gained via poison spell
> and escorting? :)

You poison your escorts? Eeeeewwwww! They take so long to die that way.

Barry Smith

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
sme...@icubed.com wrote:

> Tim Lisk wrote:
> >
> > This is a rather interesting (though biased) solution... I must admit, I'd
> > support it. I mean, the only "exploit" that can truly be complained about
> > is macroing. This would fix that exploit. Arguably, wealth gained by those
> > skills wouldn't be fixed, but I don't really mind since it would mean OUR
> > wealth doesn't go bye-bye either... :p
>
> Ooh....how about I complain about all the wealth gained via poison spell
> and escorting? :)

LOL! Is THAT what all those lamers are doing when they kill the poor
tailor guildmistresses in their shops....gold?? OMG, these people are
REALLY bored... ROFL! ;) Thanks smedley for the info! :)

Yuri Gorlinski

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
bsm...@premier1.net says...

>> Ooh....how about I complain about all the wealth gained via poison spell
>> and escorting? :)
>
>LOL! Is THAT what all those lamers are doing when they kill the poor
>tailor guildmistresses in their shops....gold?? OMG, these people are
>REALLY bored... ROFL! ;) Thanks smedley for the info! :)

Not exactly. So far as I can tell, people usually go after the
tailors and tailor guildmistresses for their sandals. I shit you not.
Sandals.

I think Smeds was talking about the poison spell and escorting as
two different 'cheap' tactics for earning gold. I don't believe he
was suggesting that you should combine the two, although that might
explain why I haven't seen him in Skara Brae recently.

Icculus al'Ibn, OGD

Yuri Gorlinski

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
mce...@ticnet.com says...

>Didn't Kerry Jane post that this was how to get nice black sandals?
>Remember when someone Pk'd her and locked the sandals down in their
>house?

Yep. And a couple weeks ago I saw someone assassinating a couple
of tailors on Sonoma recently, it was actually rather amusing...

>Nimble hasn't killed any NPCs since the rep patch when he reformed his
>evil thiefly ways. Except for those spamming "Release me from my
>chains...blah, blah,blah" folks. They must all die.

You should of seen what TWH used to do to those guys... At times it
got quite messy.

> Does the Nujelm guillotine work yet?

If it does, they should probably move it to the First Bank of Britain.
Could do a lot more good there...

Icculus al'Ibn, OGD