Production Bug?

Nelson

Jun 22, 2002, 12:59:06 PM6/22/02
Ok... this is starting to really annoy me.

On multiple occasions, the production queue clearly says that my ships
will be done in 1 year. However, when next year's turn arrives, the
ships will be about 100 resources off and would have one ship sitting at
99% done. This isn't on just one planet, but on multiple planets.

I remember something about research increasing/decreasing your
resources, but I didn't know this would affect my productions.

regiss

Jun 22, 2002, 1:31:21 PM6/22/02

> On multiple occasions, the production queue clearly says that my ships
> will be done in 1 year.

Check it before submiting, after You set research %.

James McGuigan

Jun 22, 2002, 2:19:18 PM6/22/02
"Nelson" <zirep...@rogers.com> wrote in message

The research spinner is really a research tax, its gets taken out of your
production queues before and production is done.

However you are probably running into a rounding error, as stars uses a
different method to give your build queue ETA than when actually working out
the building itself. Sometimes if you are cutting production too fine then
then you might actually miss production and get 99% complete for an item.

--
Rules are written for those who lack the ability to truly reason,
But for those who can, rules become nothing more than guidelines,

The Stars! FAQ (www.starsfaq.com)

MCV Fenderson

Jun 24, 2002, 9:06:07 AM6/24/02
James McGuigan <ja...@starsfaq.com> wrote:
: "Nelson" <zirep...@rogers.com> wrote in message
: news:3D14AED2...@rogers.com...
:>
:> On multiple occasions, the production queue clearly says that my ships

:> will be done in 1 year. However, when next year's turn arrives, the
:> ships will be about 100 resources off and would have one ship sitting at
:> 99% done. This isn't on just one planet, but on multiple planets.

: The research spinner is really a research tax, its gets taken out of your

: production queues before and production is done.

: However you are probably running into a rounding error, as stars uses a
: different method to give your build queue ETA than when actually working out
: the building itself. Sometimes if you are cutting production too fine then
: then you might actually miss production and get 99% complete for an item.

I've had something similar with research; just missing a tech level
when the research screen promised I'd have it in 1 year. So now I
always make sure I have a little leeway. Same with production queues.
Planning everything too tight might seem very efficient, but it's
also very risky.

--

mcv. <><

regiss

Jun 24, 2002, 9:21:50 AM6/24/02
> I've had something similar with research; just missing a tech level
> when the research screen promised I'd have it in 1 year.

With each achieved level cost of all others increases. Not much, but that
could be sufficient to prevent You from gaining another level in the same
year.

Chris Schack

Jun 24, 2002, 12:46:07 PM6/24/02

No, you could miss by a hundred out of several thousands going to
research. The problem is the queue items cost more than the program
thinks they will, and so less is channeled to research.

Chris Schack

Dave

Jun 25, 2002, 2:45:37 PM6/25/02
Or a rogue popload order ships of that one colonist to many
You lose a planet to an invasion
Alchemy kicks in

Thousand things could happen, best approach is definately a bit of leniency
in the quue

Dave

"Chris Schack" <tmpm...@trends.net> wrote in message