new version wbridge5

nine

Aug 10, 2010, 10:38:49 AM8/10/10

JuanNoTrump

Aug 10, 2010, 1:26:49 PM8/10/10
On 8/10/2010 9:38 AM, nine wrote:
> www.wbridge5.com

Who wants a goddam bridge program written in frogtalk?

Keith Giddings

Aug 10, 2010, 1:57:35 PM8/10/10
JuanNoTrump wrote:

Really? I thought it was written in Delphi :-)

Regards
Keith

Bertel Lund Hansen

Aug 10, 2010, 2:05:22 PM8/10/10
JuanNoTrump skrev:

> Who wants a goddam bridge program written in frogtalk?

I have written programs in about 15 different programming
languages, but I have never heard about Frogtalk.

WBridge comes with English user interface.

--
Bertel
http://bertel.lundhansen.dk/ FIDUSO: http://fiduso.dk/

nine

Aug 10, 2010, 2:01:53 PM8/10/10
a good reason for learn it, and improve your ignorance

"JuanNoTrump" <ju...@notrump.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

HoneyMonster

Aug 10, 2010, 2:32:28 PM8/10/10

Detto buono, signore

derek

Aug 10, 2010, 2:34:20 PM8/10/10

Anyone who wants a half-decent bridge program.

nullevoid

Aug 10, 2010, 3:01:57 PM8/10/10

Now there's a stirring testimonial for you. You couldn't have said,
"accepts claims willingly and without complaint"(?)

nullevoid

Aug 10, 2010, 3:03:51 PM8/10/10

No, you look at the code and it's still bogged down with "fini si"
statements.

nullevoid

Aug 10, 2010, 3:05:58 PM8/10/10
nine wrote:
> a good reason for learn it, and improve your ignorance

How much does it cost does it have a speech interface that uses Yoda's
voice?

dranon

Aug 10, 2010, 3:29:42 PM8/10/10
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:01:53 GMT, "nine" <no...@libero.it> wrote:

>a good reason for learn it, and improve your ignorance

It seems his ignorance can't be improved.

derek

Aug 10, 2010, 3:48:36 PM8/10/10

No, I really couldn't. Perhaps the new version actually does, but
it's claim function was imperfect last I tried. It is however, better
than the other software I've used, and the price is right.

richlp

Aug 10, 2010, 5:44:46 PM8/10/10
On Aug 10, 12:29 pm, dranon <dra...@dranon.invalid.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:01:53 GMT, "nine" <n...@libero.it> wrote:
> >a good reason for learn it, and improve your ignorance
>
> It seems his ignorance can't be improved.
>

> >"JuanNoTrump" <j...@notrump.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> >> Who wants a goddam bridge program written in frogtalk?- Hide quoted text -

" It seems his ignorance can't be improved."

Nuts. You beat me to it.

HoneyMonster

Aug 10, 2010, 7:14:13 PM8/10/10
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:29:42 -0700, dranon wrote:

> It seems his ignorance can't be improved.

True, alas.

PriorKnowledge

Aug 10, 2010, 8:31:05 PM8/10/10
if it has an English interface, couldn't you put a little English on
your website to say that? Like what is the Wbridge5 anyway? is a
bridge playing program, a bridge analysis program? what?

Herb

Aug 11, 2010, 1:25:18 AM8/11/10
nine wrote:
> www.wbridge5.com

Thank you!

Merci bien!

Grazie tanto!

derek

Aug 11, 2010, 10:09:13 AM8/11/10

I believe the English UI translations were provided by a third party -
though he might ask that anyone providing translations for the program
provide them for the web page, too...

Carl

Aug 11, 2010, 10:16:56 AM8/11/10

I find it amusing that people who develop a bidding system complex
enough to require hundreds of pages of system notes find it difficult
or inconvenient to work out a few basic foreign language phrases to
take advantage of free bridge software.

HoneyMonster

Aug 11, 2010, 11:29:27 AM8/11/10
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 07:16:56 -0700, Carl wrote:

> I find it amusing that people who develop a bidding system complex
> enough to require hundreds of pages of system notes find it difficult or
> inconvenient to work out a few basic foreign language phrases to take
> advantage of free bridge software.

I agree completely. However, for the benefit of the xenophobic or simply
lazy:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://
www.wbridge5.com

Keith Giddings

Aug 11, 2010, 5:29:33 PM8/11/10
nine wrote:

> www.wbridge5.com

I'm getting socket error 10054 on attempting to connect to bridgez
since I updated?

Regards
Keith.

Bertel Lund Hansen

Aug 11, 2010, 6:59:24 PM8/11/10
Keith Giddings skrev:

> I'm getting socket error 10054 on attempting to connect to bridgez
> since I updated?

bridgez - and no more?

Keith Giddings

Aug 12, 2010, 7:19:49 AM8/12/10
Bertel Lund Hansen wrote:

> Keith Giddings skrev:
>
> > I'm getting socket error 10054 on attempting to connect to bridgez
> > since I updated?
>
> bridgez - and no more?

Sorry, you lost me with that comment - I open wbridge5, click on
bridgez and enter my user name and password and then I get socket error
10054. It worked fine with the previous version.

Regards
Keith