Benger v Kassouf

Clave

Oct 27, 2016, 3:03:30 AM10/27/16
Gotta say, watching Benger dismantle Kassouf (Benger's timing was awesome)
was one of the most satisfying televised poker hands I've seen.

Christ, what an asshole.

popinjay

Oct 27, 2016, 3:38:17 AM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 12:03:30 AM UTC-7, Clave wrote:

> Gotta say, watching Benger dismantle Kassouf (Benger's timing was awesome)
> was one of the most satisfying televised poker hands I've seen.

Omg, you sound like a newbie dweeb. You were impressed with Benger unraveling like a little baby? And what do you mean his timing was awesome? Who talks like that? What, are you 12?

poopiejay

Oct 27, 2016, 4:27:50 AM10/27/16
i was rooting for kassouf to make the final nine. a very entertaining fellow.

Clave

Oct 27, 2016, 4:44:16 AM10/27/16

"poopiejay" <Johnny...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Angle playing. Slow playing every single decision so other tables play
30-40% more hands, and every other table has more frequent bustouts.

Cheap. Good luck getting action from now on, Will. And good luck getting a
tournament director that clueless again.

Dutch

Oct 27, 2016, 4:49:08 AM10/27/16
I thought he was being treated unfairly until the last hand. Then he
took his "speechplay" over the line.

Clave

Oct 27, 2016, 5:00:45 AM10/27/16

"Dutch" <n...@email.com> wrote in message news:nusf19$9nf$1...@dont-email.me...
And Benger "speechplayed" him back for what, a minute, and Kassouf lost his
shit.

Classless.

popinjay

Oct 27, 2016, 9:22:42 AM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 2:00:45 AM UTC-7, Clave wrote:

> And Benger "speechplayed" him back for what, a minute, and Kassouf lost his
> shit.
>
> Classless.

Classless? Look who's talking, you're the biggest asshole on this newsgroup. You've angle-shot RGP for over a decade. It looked to me like they were both assholes. Which makes three, counting you, asshole.

Will in New Haven

Oct 27, 2016, 4:30:56 PM10/27/16
You think he unraveled? I think he deliberately bated Kassouf into getting all his chips in. It wasn't necessary since Kassouf had Kings and would have gotten all-in anyway, but he was aiming to get him pissed off enough to get his chips in with a lesser hand. He was not upset at all.

--
Will now in Pompano Beach
{ } Hillary Clinton

Dutch

Oct 27, 2016, 4:37:25 PM10/27/16
Will in New Haven wrote:
> On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 3:38:17 AM UTC-4, popinjay wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 12:03:30 AM UTC-7, Clave wrote:
>>

>>> Gotta say, watching Benger dismantle Kassouf (Benger's timing was awesome)
>>> was one of the most satisfying televised poker hands I've seen.
>>>

>> Omg, you sound like a newbie dweeb. You were impressed with Benger unraveling like a little baby? And what do you mean his timing was awesome? Who talks like that? What, are you 12?
>
> You think he unraveled? I think he deliberately bated Kassouf into getting all his chips in. It wasn't necessary since Kassouf had Kings and would have gotten all-in anyway, but he was aiming to get him pissed off enough to get his chips in with a lesser hand. He was not upset at all.

It was an odd situation. Was Kassouf seriously attempting to suss out if
Benger might have Aces so he could fold his Kings? He was obviously
looking for a read, otherwise his delay made no sense. What kind of
tells was he probing for in that case? Can he ever fold Kings there?

popinjay

Oct 27, 2016, 5:04:49 PM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 1:30:56 PM UTC-7, Will in New Haven wrote:

> You think he unraveled? I think he deliberately bated Kassouf into getting all his chips in. It wasn't necessary since Kassouf had Kings and would have gotten all-in anyway, but he was aiming to get him pissed off enough to get his chips in with a lesser hand. He was not upset at all.

Whatever, it was a pathetic display on both their parts. What has poker become, anyway? Would Bobby Baldwin or Doyle Brunson have ever acted like that?

Clave

Oct 27, 2016, 6:08:20 PM10/27/16

"Will in New Haven" <willre...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 3:38:17 AM UTC-4, popinjay wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 12:03:30 AM UTC-7, Clave wrote:
>>

>> > Gotta say, watching Benger dismantle Kassouf (Benger's timing was
>> > awesome)
>> > was one of the most satisfying televised poker hands I've seen.
>> >

>> Omg, you sound like a newbie dweeb. You were impressed with Benger
>> unraveling like a little baby? And what do you mean his timing was
>> awesome? Who talks like that? What, are you 12?
>
> You think he unraveled? I think he deliberately bated Kassouf into getting
> all his chips in. It wasn't necessary since Kassouf had Kings and would
> have gotten all-in anyway, but he was aiming to get him pissed off enough
> to get his chips in with a lesser hand. He was not upset at all.

That's exactly what I saw. Pop-Tard just can't stand it when I'm right, and
just *HAS TO* say the first pissy thing that crosses his mind.

What sweet irony seeing him try to question anyone else's maturity.

Clave

Oct 27, 2016, 6:09:30 PM10/27/16

"Dutch" <n...@email.com> wrote in message news:nutoh8$6jr$1...@dont-email.me...
Perhaps not, but he didn't have to shove either. I think Benger got totally
under his skin.

popinjay

Oct 27, 2016, 8:05:07 PM10/27/16
Oh sure, bitch, NOW you say it. This doesn't mean anything because you're a habitual liar like Hillary Clinton. The only way anyone can give you credibility is if you had said this YESTERDAY, not a day later after Will from Miami says it. You're like Doggystyle, claim a winner AFTER the game is over. There is no reason for anyone to believe you.

Bea Foroni

Oct 27, 2016, 8:18:28 PM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 12:03:30 AM UTC-7, Clave wrote:
My $0.02 worth:

I liked Kassouf. Poker is a game of people. Reading people and influencing people to act the way you want them to. Too many of today's players are from the internet where interaction is limited, leaving way too much to luck.

That being said, it turns out that Kassouf could dish it out, but in the end he just couldn't take it. Many good poker players bust going all in pre-flop with pocket kings.

Clave

Oct 27, 2016, 8:21:24 PM10/27/16

"Bea Foroni" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 12:03:30 AM UTC-7, Clave wrote:
>> Gotta say, watching Benger dismantle Kassouf (Benger's timing was
>> awesome)
>> was one of the most satisfying televised poker hands I've seen.
>>
>> Christ, what an asshole.
>
> My $0.02 worth:
>
> I liked Kassouf. Poker is a game of people. Reading people and influencing
> people to act the way you want them to. Too many of today's players are
> from the internet where interaction is limited, leaving way too much to
> luck.

The talk I could take, but the endless delays were what I found abusive.

Bea Foroni

Oct 27, 2016, 8:28:18 PM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 5:21:24 PM UTC-7, Clave wrote:

> The talk I could take, but the endless delays were what I found abusive.

Wasn't abusive. It worked. It was within the rules. Russ demonstrated the same technique once on-line, and he finished in the money. The slow play is one reason I hoped electronic poker tables would have caught on.

popinjay

Oct 27, 2016, 9:03:21 PM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 5:21:24 PM UTC-7, Clave wrote:

> The talk I could take,

You can't even take my talk, and I'm not even talking.

popinjay

Oct 27, 2016, 9:04:31 PM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 5:28:18 PM UTC-7, Bea Foroni wrote:

> Wasn't abusive. It worked.

That's bullshit.

Irish Ranger

Oct 27, 2016, 9:13:14 PM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 3:03:30 AM UTC-4, Clave wrote:
I was glad Kassouf was eliminated but it would have been better if Benger had kept
his composure and just turned over his Aces without saying a word.

Irish Mike

Clave

Oct 27, 2016, 9:29:22 PM10/27/16

> On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 5:21:24 PM UTC-7, Clave wrote:
>

>> The talk I could take, but the endless delays were what I found abusive.
>>

> Wasn't abusive. It worked. It was within the rules.

Except for when the TD said it wasn't.

116. Etiquette Violations: Repeated etiquette violations will
result in the imposition of penalties assessed by the Tournament
Staff. Examples include, but are not limited to, unnecessarily
touching other participants’ cards or chips, body, or clothing,
delay of the game, repeatedly acting out of turn, betting out of
reach of the dealer, or excessive chatter. Excessive chatter
includes, but is not limited to, talking or conversation that
causes a disruption of participants who are in a hand.

IMO what he was doing was clearly delaying the game, and if his chatter
wasn't excessive, then it's impossible for chatter to *be* excessive.

popinjay

Oct 27, 2016, 9:51:59 PM10/27/16
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 6:29:22 PM UTC-7, Clave wrote:

> IMO

IMO, your opinion isn't worth much. However, in your defense, your opinion is still worth more than Bea's opinion, which is worth essentially ZIP.

da pickle

Oct 28, 2016, 7:53:50 AM10/28/16
Clave starts what might be a real poker thread but then he turns it into
another

ngcfc

popinjay

Oct 28, 2016, 11:56:45 AM10/28/16
On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 4:53:50 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:

> ngcfc

They're completely silent on all the stuff coming out on Hillary, Bill, and their Crew. Wikileaks, National Enquirer, Drudge, Veritas, Larry Nichols, even if Hillary wins, they're going to be SWAMPED with investigations and charges. And when I say "they" are completely silent, I mean all the usual suspects on RGP, not a peep. Maybe they don't know, they probably never read any real news. It's just incredible to anyone who is up on real news, the shit that's coming out on the Clinton Crime Mob. I've never heard of anyone so dirty as these people, real comparisons to the Mafia, how they work, how they shut people up, and how they ARE in fact the media. It's all going to come out. It's already coming out. Only 11 more days, but even if she gets in, even if there is massive election fraud, as there are already reports, the Clinton Administration is going to be a rough one. The truth is coming out.

Their plans are all going to come crashing down and all of Clave's snark will not help put Humpty Dumpty back together again. I would not be surprised if six months into the new administration Clave just drops off of RGP and we never see him again. What an asshole.

da pickle

Oct 28, 2016, 2:33:17 PM10/28/16
We can hope. I really do not mind all the political nonsense (and you
are correct about the "usual suspects") but it is sad that RGP seems to
go further and further down the rat hole. Maybe after the election, we
can get some more interesting conversations going. We can hope.

VegasJerry

Oct 28, 2016, 2:51:45 PM10/28/16

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 8:56:45 AM UTC-7, popinjay wrote:
> On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 4:53:50 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:
>

> > ngcfc

> They're completely silent on all the stuff coming out on Hillary, Bill, and their Crew.

Real silent; being you can’t say what ‘stuff.’

> Wikileaks, National Enquirer, Drudge, Veritas, Larry Nichols, even if Hillary wins,
> they're going to be SWAMPED with investigations and charges.

Investigations and charges of what? Here, let me reiterate:

Results of 27 Republican lead committees: Prosecutor Ken Starr (himself now
indicted) exonerated Hillary. Congressman Tray Gowdy (Benghazi committee –
extended to email investigation) exonerated Hillary; and FBI Director James
Comey, exonerated her and said her answers in her FBI interviews were truthful.
So with no arrests, no indictments, no convictions. Alas, nobody’s been able to
find any “Crooked, lying” list.

You’ve YET to list “Hillary’s Crookedness & Lies.
Get cracke’n kid.

> And when I say "they" are completely silent, I mean all the usual suspects on RGP, not a peep.

Peep about what?

> Maybe they don't know, they probably never read any real news.

‘bout what?

> It's just incredible to anyone who is up on real news, the shit that's coming out on the Clinton Crime Mob.

What news?
What shit?
What crimes?
What mob?
What TF cool aid you drinking?

> I've never heard of anyone so dirty as these people,

What dirt?

> real comparisons to the Mafia,

Show us the ‘comparisons.’

> how they work,

How they work what?

> how they shut people up,

What people?
Shut up about what?

> and how they ARE in fact the media.

Who is?

> It's all going to come out.

What’s going to ‘come out?’

> It's already coming out.

Show us.

> Only 11 more days, but even if she gets in, even if there is
> massive election fraud, as there are already reports,

Show us.

> the Clinton Administration is going to be a rough one.

How? Show us.

> The truth is coming out.

Show us.

> Their plans are all going to come crashing down

What plans?

> I would not be surprised if six months into the new administration
> Clave just drops off of RGP

From what?

> What an asshole.

You. Now SHOW US!

Jerry ‘n Vegas

Dutch

Oct 28, 2016, 4:02:30 PM10/28/16
popinjay wrote:
> They're completely silent on all the stuff coming out on Hillary, Bill, and their Crew.

It doesn't matter. There is not enough in Benghazi or Wikileaks or the
Clinton Foundation to come even close to what a crooked douche-bag
Donald Trump is. And this coming from someone who likes that he is
challenging political correctness and the Washington insider culture.

Donald can't do any of the things he promises, his tax plan is a
disaster, he wants to repeal Roe v Wade. He is a shallow narcissistic
liar motivated by personal insults, compliments, and naked
self-interest. everybody who knows him says he is dangerous, like
Richard Branson and Mark Cuban.

"I'll repeal Obamacare and replace it with something much, much better,
and way cheaper."

You have to be pathologically deluded to believe a statement like that.

Dutch

Oct 28, 2016, 4:14:10 PM10/28/16
Feel free to say something interesting any time.

popinjay

Oct 28, 2016, 4:24:14 PM10/28/16
On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 1:02:30 PM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:

> It doesn't matter. There is not enough in Benghazi or Wikileaks or the
> Clinton Foundation to come even close to what a crooked douche-bag
> Donald Trump is.

No, you're wrong, man, you're real wrong.

Bill Vanek

Oct 28, 2016, 4:38:27 PM10/28/16
On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 08:56:17 -0700 (PDT), popinjay
<paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I would not be surprised if six months into the new administration Clave just drops off of RGP and we never see him again. What an asshole.

In that case, I'm voting for Hillary.

Clave

Oct 28, 2016, 5:28:35 PM10/28/16

"da pickle" <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 10/27/2016 8:51 PM, popinjay wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 6:29:22 PM UTC-7, Clave wrote:
>>

>>> IMO
>>

>> IMO, your opinion isn't worth much. However, in your defense, your
>> opinion is still worth more than Bea's opinion, which is worth
>> essentially ZIP.
>
> Clave...

No, Stupid Pickle, I will *NOT* have your babies.

Clave

Oct 28, 2016, 5:29:09 PM10/28/16

"Dutch" <n...@email.com> wrote in message news:nv0bhn$e5q$5...@dont-email.me...
Never happen. Never.

risky biz

Oct 29, 2016, 8:53:55 PM10/29/16
On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 1:02:30 PM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:

> It doesn't matter. There is not enough in Benghazi or Wikileaks or the
> Clinton Foundation to come even close to what a crooked douche-bag
> Donald Trump is. And this coming from someone who likes that he is
> challenging political correctness and the Washington insider culture.

You like him because he's an ignorant bigot like you.

Dutch

Oct 29, 2016, 11:15:13 PM10/29/16
Another resounding fail.

VegasJerry

Oct 30, 2016, 8:18:41 AM10/30/16
I'm taking that as confirmation..

risky biz

Oct 30, 2016, 12:06:10 PM10/30/16
You should, too, but you never have any aces. Jerry has proved that.