Paul Wasicka

Chris Melford

May 11, 2007, 10:43:25 PM5/11/07
In a recent Cardplayer magazine interivew, Paul Wasicka claimed that
when he started playing, he was making between $1000-3000 a day
playing $10-20 Hold 'Em. Even if he was playing 12 hours a day he
would be having to average four big bets an hour to meet the minimum
claim of $1000 a day. He additionally claimed that he was winning
approximately 9 out of 10 of his sessions. Does anyone else find this
almost impossible to believe? I do.

sng

May 11, 2007, 10:47:27 PM5/11/07

Your assuming single table, Brick and Morter.

I believe Wasicka was an Internet player. More tables, more hands.

--
S. Doyle
doyles AT mountaincable DOT net

Gary Carson

May 12, 2007, 12:20:17 AM5/12/07

On May 11 2007 9:47 PM, sng wrote:

> Chris Melford wrote:
> > In a recent Cardplayer magazine interivew, Paul Wasicka claimed that
> > when he started playing, he was making between $1000-3000 a day
> > playing $10-20 Hold 'Em. Even if he was playing 12 hours a day he
> > would be having to average four big bets an hour to meet the minimum
> > claim of $1000 a day. He additionally claimed that he was winning
> > approximately 9 out of 10 of his sessions. Does anyone else find this
> > almost impossible to believe? I do.
>
> Your assuming single table, Brick and Morter.

I'm assuming no such thing.

I am concluding he's an idiot and thinks you are also.

Gary Carson
http://www.garycarson.com

Posted using RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com

NCL

May 12, 2007, 1:52:51 AM5/12/07

"Chris Melford" <cmelford@'nospam'hotmail.com> wrote in message

I'm sure he's talking about 10/20 NL.

jd00123

May 12, 2007, 1:59:50 AM5/12/07

On May 12 2007 12:52 AM, NCL wrote:

> "Chris Melford" wrote in message

and I'm sure hes full of shit, never heard of him either.

The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com

A Man Beaten by Jacks

May 12, 2007, 2:04:56 AM5/12/07
On Sat, 12 May 07 5:59:50 GMT, jd00123 <4307...@recpoker.com> wrote:

>On May 12 2007 12:52 AM, NCL wrote:

>> "Chris Melford" wrote in message
>> > In a recent Cardplayer magazine interivew, Paul Wasicka claimed that
>> > when he started playing, he was making between $1000-3000 a day
>> > playing $10-20 Hold 'Em. Even if he was playing 12 hours a day he
>> > would be having to average four big bets an hour to meet the minimum
>> > claim of $1000 a day. He additionally claimed that he was winning
>> > approximately 9 out of 10 of his sessions. Does anyone else find this
>> > almost impossible to believe? I do.

>> I'm sure he's talking about 10/20 NL.

>and I'm sure hes full of shit, never heard of him either.

He's a nobody who took second in some obscure tournament, after
some schlub named Allen donked off his stack in third and some
retard named Jamie took it down.

Vegas Vic

May 12, 2007, 3:19:33 AM5/12/07

I poker player lie about his achievements? I've never heard of such a thing!

Block Lists, Favorites, and more - http://www.recpoker.com

jd00123

May 12, 2007, 4:05:55 AM5/12/07

Sorry, the only name I know from the last wsop final table is Jamie Gold and
only because of all the controversy. I dont pay attention to tournaments much.

Your Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com

Gary Carson

May 12, 2007, 6:38:21 AM5/12/07

On May 12 2007 2:19 AM, Vegas Vic wrote:

> On May 11 2007 7:43 PM, Chris Melford wrote:
>
> > In a recent Cardplayer magazine interivew, Paul Wasicka claimed that
> > when he started playing, he was making between $1000-3000 a day
> > playing $10-20 Hold 'Em. Even if he was playing 12 hours a day he
> > would be having to average four big bets an hour to meet the minimum
> > claim of $1000 a day. He additionally claimed that he was winning
> > approximately 9 out of 10 of his sessions. Does anyone else find this
> > almost impossible to believe? I do.
>
> I poker player lie about his achievements? I've never heard of such a thing!

It's not really lying so much as it is a form of self-deception.

You see the same thing with waitresses, strippers, used car salesmen, and other
residents of trailer parks.  When you ask them how much they make on an average
day they'll tend to answer with an approximation of an average good day, not an
average day.  It's just the way they think.

Fuzzy brained people just don't have many rational thoughts.  They don't really
make stuff up as much as it is they just dont understand the question.

doggystyle

May 12, 2007, 11:40:40 AM5/12/07
Vic , I am pretty sure Gary's last post was aimed at you and your ilk.

The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com

doggystyle

May 12, 2007, 11:42:52 AM5/12/07
THERE IS A TECHNICAL TERM FOR WHAT PAUL DID - IT IS CALLED "LYING"

Neil Schulman

May 12, 2007, 1:47:32 PM5/12/07
Why don't you believe that it's possible for a good player to do this. I
play at lower stakes, but last year won 70 percent of my 8 hour sessions
playing live at better than two big bets an hour. It can be done.
Because all of you can't accomplish something you immediately think its
a lie.

Neil

--
100% Deposit Bonus
http://www.LiveActionPoker.com

posted from http://www.LiveActionPoker.com

Bill Ricardi

May 12, 2007, 4:30:10 PM5/12/07
On 12 May, 09:05, jd00123 <43070...@recpoker.com> wrote:

> > He's a nobody who took second in some obscure tournament, after
> > some schlub named Allen donked off his stack in third and some
> > retard named Jamie took it down.
>
> Sorry, the only name I know from the last wsop final table is Jamie Gold and
> only because of all the controversy. I dont pay attention to tournaments much.

Don't worry, you aren't missing much. I mean, what has he done since?
Hmmm.

He won the national heads up championship this year.

Oh. And he took 4th in the WPT L.A. poker classic a couple months ago.

And 12th in Aussie Millions a month before that.

And 24th in in the WPT 5-Star classic.

But other than THAT... wait, he seems to be pretty fuckin' good! :)

dave keiser1

May 12, 2007, 8:46:16 PM5/12/07
   IT'S THE OLD POT CALLING THE KETTLE

On May 12 2007 6:38 AM, Gary Carson wrote: .

> Fuzzy brained people just don't have many rational thoughts.

> Gary Carson
> http://www.garycarson.com

* New Release: RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com

jd00123

May 13, 2007, 2:20:05 AM5/13/07

Sorry, I'll try to sound like I give a flying fuck next time.

jd00123

May 13, 2007, 2:20:58 AM5/13/07

On May 12 2007 7:46 PM, dave keiser1 wrote:

>    IT'S THE OLD POT CALLING THE KETTLE
>
> On May 12 2007 6:38 AM, Gary Carson wrote: .
> >
> > Fuzzy brained people just don't have many rational thoughts.
> > Gary Carson
> > http://www.garycarson.com

Gary just likes paraphrasing Sklansky whenever he can.

whozat

May 16, 2007, 3:50:52 PM5/16/07

On May 11 2007 10:59 PM, jd00123 wrote:

> On May 12 2007 12:52 AM, NCL wrote:
>
> > "Chris Melford" wrote in message
> > > In a recent Cardplayer magazine interivew, Paul Wasicka claimed that
> > > when he started playing, he was making between $1000-3000 a day
> > > playing $10-20 Hold 'Em. Even if he was playing 12 hours a day he
> > > would be having to average four big bets an hour to meet the minimum
> > > claim of $1000 a day. He additionally claimed that he was winning
> > > approximately 9 out of 10 of his sessions. Does anyone else find this
> > > almost impossible to believe? I do.
> >

> > I'm sure he's talking about 10/20 NL.
>
> and I'm sure hes full of shit, never heard of him either.

Yeah, only runnerup in WSOP Main Event for 6 mil and National Head Up
champion...why would you have heard of him.  Of course looking at the depth of
your reply, could I expect anything else?

WuzYoungOnceToo

May 16, 2007, 5:06:27 PM5/16/07
On May 13 2007 1:20 AM, jd00123 wrote:

> > > Sorry, the only name I know from the last wsop final table is Jamie Gold
and
> > > only because of all the controversy. I dont pay attention to tournaments
> > > much.
> >
> > Don't worry, you aren't missing much. I mean, what has he done since?
> > Hmmm.
> >
> > He won the national heads up championship this year.
> >
> > Oh. And he took 4th in the WPT L.A. poker classic a couple months ago.
> >
> > And 12th in Aussie Millions a month before that.
> >
> > And 24th in in the WPT 5-Star classic.
> >
> > But other than THAT... wait, he seems to be pretty fuckin' good! :)
>
> Sorry, I'll try to sound like I give a flying fuck next time.

You mean, like by not only responding, but proclaiming that you're "pretty
sure" that someone you know nothing about is full of shit?

----

RogCa...@yahoo.com

May 16, 2007, 10:13:24 PM5/16/07
On May 12, 5:38 am, Gary Carson <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> It's not really lying so much as it is a form of self-deception.
>
> You see the same thing with waitresses, strippers, used car salesmen, and other
> residents of trailer parks. When you ask them how much they make on an average
> day they'll tend to answer with an approximation of an average good day, not an
> average day. It's just the way they think.
>
> Fuzzy brained people just don't have many rational thoughts. They don't really
> make stuff up as much as it is they just dont understand the question.

> Gary Carsonhttp://www.garycarson.com

> Posted using RecPoker.com v2.2 -http://www.recpoker.com

Gary is right. For example, look at the way he deceives himself about
his non-existent academic credentials and his non-existent poker
ability, even when the rest of the world can see what a useless, self-
important idiot he is.

FellKnight

May 17, 2007, 1:08:02 AM5/17/07

He gave a similar interview in Bluff. He was talking about multitabling
10/20 NL, where his claims are more believeable.

Fell

--------

Bill Ricardi

May 17, 2007, 9:30:18 AM5/17/07
On 17 May, 06:08, "FellKnight" <jordandevenp...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> He gave a similar interview in Bluff. He was talking about multitabling

> 10/20 NL, where his claims are more believable.

No, no, don't being any FACTS into this! This is RGP, what the fuck
are you thinking man :)

Deadmoney Walking

May 17, 2007, 9:59:38 AM5/17/07
On May 12, 6:38 am, Gary Carson <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> On May 12 2007 2:19 AM, Vegas Vic wrote:
>
> > On May 11 2007 7:43 PM, Chris Melford wrote:
>
> > > In a recent Cardplayer magazine interivew, Paul Wasicka claimed that
> > > when he started playing, he was making between $1000-3000 a day
> > > playing $10-20 Hold 'Em. Even if he was playing 12 hours a day he
> > > would be having to average four big bets an hour to meet the minimum
> > > claim of $1000 a day. He additionally claimed that he was winning
> > > approximately 9 out of 10 of his sessions. Does anyone else find this
> > > almost impossible to believe? I do.
>
> > I poker player lie about his achievements? I've never heard of such a thing!
>
> It's not really lying so much as it is a form of self-deception.
>
> You see the same thing with waitresses, strippers, used car salesmen, and other
> residents of trailer parks. When you ask them how much they make on an average
> day they'll tend to answer with an approximation of an average good day, not an
> average day. It's just the way they think.
>
>]

Unless of course they had some reason to appear more successful than
they are...

Gary Carson

May 17, 2007, 11:08:49 AM5/17/07

On May 17 2007 8:30 AM, Bill Ricardi wrote:

> On 17 May, 06:08, "FellKnight" wrote:
>
> > He gave a similar interview in Bluff. He was talking about multitabling
> > 10/20 NL, where his claims are more believable.
>
> No, no, don't being any FACTS into this! This is RGP, what the fuck
> are you thinking man :)

The facts are that the language he used is the kind of language people use when
they are talking about a typical good days results, not when they are talking
about average results or even results of a typical day.

Gary Carson
http://www.garycarson.com

Your Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com

mdsmith

May 17, 2007, 1:19:34 PM5/17/07
On May 11, 9:43 pm, Chris Melford <cmelford@'nospam'hotmail.com>
wrote:

I believe him. The internet games were so soft 2 to 3 years ago that
a good player 2 or 3 tabling
could make 2k per day routinely without much difficulty... playing
shorthanded of course. Before the
US govt regulation killed the mid-limit games,
I knew several people doing that well. I know... Gary Carson will
flame away, but it's the truth.

Matt

Gary Carson

May 17, 2007, 1:47:47 PM5/17/07

On May 17 2007 12:19 PM, mdsmith wrote:

> On May 11, 9:43 pm, Chris Melford

It might be true, but it's not what he said.  A range of one to three does not
equal an average of two.  In fact an average of two is more likely to have come
from a range of minus one to ten than a range of one to three.

Do you know what a flame is?

Gary Carson
http://www.garycarson.com

Posted using RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com

Bill Ricardi

May 17, 2007, 3:04:47 PM5/17/07
On 17 May, 16:08, Gary Carson <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> On May 17 2007 8:30 AM, Bill Ricardi wrote:
>
> > On 17 May, 06:08, "FellKnight" wrote:
>
> > > He gave a similar interview in Bluff. He was talking about multitabling
> > > 10/20 NL, where his claims are more believable.
>
> > No, no, don't being any FACTS into this! This is RGP, what the fuck
> > are you thinking man :)
>
> The facts are that the language he used is the kind of language people use when
> they are talking about a typical good days results, not when they are talking
> about average results or even results of a typical day.

No, the facts are that people, including the OP, thought he was
talking about Limit, not No Limit. The OP said 4 BB an hour, and went
on how that's insane, blah blah... That's a Limit calculation. 4 bb
(in No limit, not BB limit) an hour is not only achievable in No
Limit, but unless I was making that much or more, I wouldn't even risk
those kinds of swings!

Fell's little factoid takes this whole thread and puts it in the
shitter. It goes from 'WTF' to 'ho hum'.

jarrett40

May 17, 2007, 4:57:08 PM5/17/07
On May 16, 4:06 pm, "WuzYoungOnceToo" > You mean, like by not only

responding, but proclaiming that you're "pretty
> sure" that someone you know nothing about is full of shit?

The fact the guy claimed to make between $1000-$3000 a day playing
10/20 pretty much nails it down.

jarrett40

WuzYoungOnceToo

May 17, 2007, 6:10:35 PM5/17/07

How big do you think the pots get in most $10/$20 NL games?

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

Bill Ricardi

May 17, 2007, 6:16:47 PM5/17/07
On 17 May, 23:10, "WuzYoungOnceToo" <WuzYoungOnce...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 17 2007 3:57 PM, jarrett40 wrote:
>
> > On May 16, 4:06 pm, "WuzYoungOnceToo" > You mean, like by not only
> > responding, but proclaiming that you're "pretty
> > > sure" that someone you know nothing about is full of shit?
>
> > The fact the guy claimed to make between $1000-$3000 a day playing
> > 10/20 pretty much nails it down.
>
> How big do you think the pots get in most $10/$20 NL games?

He posted before he read the rest of the thread, I assume.

WuzYoungOnceToo

May 17, 2007, 7:28:45 PM5/17/07

Almost always a mistake.

sqidbait

May 17, 2007, 7:49:56 PM5/17/07

He was also on High Stakes Poker, and I believe that he
walked away a with a decent chunk of cash.

I wish I remember the exact details of a hand he played on
the show, but it went something like this: early position,
he's dealt aces, and he limps. Sadly, there are multi
limpers after him, and it goes to the flop. Someone bets,
and with people to go, the aces get tossed.

Don't you hate it when that happens? lol!

-- Michael

FellKnight

May 18, 2007, 12:32:36 AM5/18/07

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.