Google is EVIL

theeleven...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2012, 11:30:55 AM1/18/12
Google has no business promoting a political agenda, even when those politics affect Google. The Google homepage is NOT the place to endorse political points of view.

While everyone worried about Microsoft taking over Web, Google has done it, mission accomplished.

Hopefully someone will develop a truly unbiased method of Web search, free of pushed agendas and hidden biases. Google has clearly failed.

da pickle

Jan 18, 2012, 11:37:15 AM1/18/12

<theeleven...@gmail.com>

LOL @ @gmail

Truthseeker

Jan 18, 2012, 3:16:26 PM1/18/12
On 1/18/12 9:37 AM, da pickle wrote:
> <theeleven...@gmail.com>
>
> LOL @ @gmail

Google groups too. Weakest troll of the month.

--
Truthseeker

Dutch

Jan 18, 2012, 3:52:21 PM1/18/12

<theeleven...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Google has no business promoting a political agenda, even when those
> politics affect Google.

Why is that?

> The Google homepage is NOT the place to endorse political points of view.

I'm looking at the homepage and I don't see anything political.

> While everyone worried about Microsoft taking over Web, Google has done
> it, mission accomplished.

Actually Facebook did it while Google wasn't looking. Microsoft was never a
threat to even be a significant player in the web, they missed that boat
when Windows 95 launched and never caught up.

> Hopefully someone will develop a truly unbiased method of Web search, free
> of pushed agendas and hidden biases. Google has clearly failed.

If you're saying their search results are politically slanted can you
support that charge?

popinjay999

Jan 18, 2012, 4:16:20 PM1/18/12
On Jan 18, 12:52 pm, "Dutch" <n...@email.com> wrote:

> If you're saying their search results are politically slanted can you
> support that charge?

Maybe he's talking about the blackout image on their page and the
legislation they're protesting? Think that might be it, Einstein?

Dutch

Jan 18, 2012, 8:29:35 PM1/18/12

"popinjay999" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
I'm not seeing a black homepage, I may be looking at a cached version. But
if it is to promote energy conservation, what is wrong with that?

And if they have a political agenda, so what? What happened to American
freedom of expression, first you can't play poker, now you can't speak
freely, what next?

fffurken

Jan 18, 2012, 8:59:17 PM1/18/12
On Jan 19, 1:29 am, "Dutch" <n...@email.com> wrote:
> "popinjay999" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > On Jan 18, 12:52 pm, "Dutch" <n...@email.com> wrote:
>
> >> If you're saying their search results are politically slanted can you
> >> support that charge?
>
> > Maybe he's talking about the blackout image on their page and the
> > legislation they're protesting?  Think that might be it, Einstein?
>
> I'm not seeing a black homepage, I may be looking at a cached version. But
> if it is to promote energy conservation, what is wrong with that?

Before Paul has a field day with you Dutch, it's just in America,
that's why you don't see it. Google did something similar to Wiki
today.

TruthSeeker

Jan 18, 2012, 9:30:18 PM1/18/12
AIUI the blackout page is only being served to U.S. users. Think that
might be it, Einstein?

--
TruthSeeker

popinjay999

Jan 18, 2012, 10:38:12 PM1/18/12
On Jan 18, 6:30 pm, TruthSeeker <TruthSee...@nospam.us> wrote:

> AIUI the blackout page is only being served to U.S. users.  Think that
> might be it, Einstein?

But Dutch knows all about the United States. He knows everything. He
knows how flawed the Founders were. He knows how racist we are. He
knows how they didn't really mean what they said in the Declaration in
Independence. He knows everything that's wrong with America. How come
he doesn't know about this?

Dutch

Jan 18, 2012, 11:22:50 PM1/18/12

> On Jan 18, 6:30 pm, TruthSeeker <TruthSee...@nospam.us> wrote:
>

>> AIUI the blackout page is only being served to U.S. users. Think that
>> might be it, Einstein?
>>

> But Dutch knows all about the United States.

I know that the American "founding fathers" didn't invent the concept of
human rights.

> He knows everything. He
> knows how flawed the Founders were.

Of course.

> He knows how racist we are.

You are, so are Canadians.

> He
> knows how they didn't really mean what they said in the Declaration in
> Independence.

They didn't mean what you take it to mean now, that's for sure. They were
slave owners after all..

> He knows everything that's wrong with America. How come
> he doesn't know about this?

The Google link aid it was supposed to be blacked in Canada too, but it
never was.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jan 19, 2012, 9:00:24 AM1/19/12

<theeleven...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Perhaps you, as a complete fucking idiot, could go die in a gas fire or
something productive like that?

VegasJerry

Jan 19, 2012, 9:39:25 AM1/19/12
On Jan 18 2012 8:30 AM, theelevenlovelight wrote:

> Google has no business promoting a political agenda, even when those
politics affect Google.

But other corporations can?

Jerry 'n Vegas

The
> Google homepage is NOT the place to endorse political points of view.
>
> While everyone worried about Microsoft taking over Web, Google has done it,
mission accomplished.

> Hopefully someone will develop a truly unbiased method of Web search, free
of pushed agendas and
> hidden biases. Google has clearly failed.

BTSinAustin

Jan 19, 2012, 11:08:40 AM1/19/12
On Jan 18 2012 11:30 AM, theelevenlovelight wrote:

> Google has no business promoting a political agenda, even when those
politics affect Google. The
> Google homepage is NOT the place to endorse political points of view.

Bullshit. A company has every right to fight a bill that will hurt their
business. Ever see a political poster hung on the window of a shop? A
campaign sign out front? A petition on the counter? It happens every
day.

> While everyone worried about Microsoft taking over Web, Google has done it,
mission accomplished.

> Hopefully someone will develop a truly unbiased method of Web search, free
of pushed agendas and

Go for it. That's what free enterprise is all about. Build it better and
they will come.

> hidden biases. Google has clearly failed.

LOL right, they are failing all the way to the bank

"I will be forever in your debt." Chuck Breuninger aka Rick "DaVoice"
Charles 1-6-2012

"No Shit" Fellknight 1-6-2012

-------

bratt

Jan 19, 2012, 11:52:25 AM1/19/12
On Jan 19 2012 10:08 AM, BTSinAustin wrote:

> On Jan 18 2012 11:30 AM, theelevenlovelight wrote:
>
> > Google has no business promoting a political agenda, even when those
> politics affect Google. The
> > Google homepage is NOT the place to endorse political points of view.
>
> Bullshit. A company has every right to fight a bill that will hurt their
> business. Ever see a political poster hung on the window of a shop? A
> campaign sign out front? A petition on the counter? It happens every
> day.

The problem as I see it is that Google is almost a monoply. Puter
illiterates like myself have no choice but to use it. Unlike going in a
store, or a campaign sign on a front lawn.

On Nov 8 2011 2:11 PM, VegasJerry wrote:
Jerry (almonst worthless) 'n Vegas

Obama, February 2009: If this economy hasn’t rebounded in three years, I’m
a one-termer

mo_ntresor

Jan 19, 2012, 12:01:48 PM1/19/12
On Jan 19 2012 9:52 AM, bratt wrote:

> > Bullshit. A company has every right to fight a bill that will hurt their
> > business. Ever see a political poster hung on the window of a shop? A
> > campaign sign out front? A petition on the counter? It happens every
> > day.
>
> The problem as I see it is that Google is almost a monoply. Puter
> illiterates like myself have no choice but to use it. Unlike going in a
> store, or a campaign sign on a front lawn.

uh, what?

mo_ntresor

Truthseeker

Jan 19, 2012, 2:09:25 PM1/19/12
On 1/19/12 9:52 AM, bratt wrote:

> The problem as I see it is that Google is almost a monoply. Puter
> illiterates like myself have no choice but to use it. Unlike going in a
> store, or a campaign sign on a front lawn.

Say what? Monopoly? They have competing search engines, competing map
sites, competing free email sites, and competing satellite image sites.
All of these things existed before Google started doing them.

In the best aspects of a free-market, they got market share and success
by doing it better (and integrating it better) than their competitors.

I don't like everything they do, for example they're too quick to
knuckle under to government pressure in places like China. But they are
no monopoly. And as fickle as Internet businesses can be, if they screw
up or someone else comes along and does it better, they'll lose their
market share. Remember MySpace?

--
Truthseeker

bratt

Jan 19, 2012, 2:48:03 PM1/19/12
Wasn't that admitted (or close to) in the congressional hearings a few
months back? Eric (Schultz? Schmidt) the CEO of google said it was close
and is a legal matter.

BTSinAustin

Jan 19, 2012, 2:56:12 PM1/19/12
On Jan 19 2012 11:52 AM, bratt wrote:

> On Jan 19 2012 10:08 AM, BTSinAustin wrote:
>
> > On Jan 18 2012 11:30 AM, theelevenlovelight wrote:
> >
> > > Google has no business promoting a political agenda, even when those
> > politics affect Google. The
> > > Google homepage is NOT the place to endorse political points of view.
> >
> > Bullshit. A company has every right to fight a bill that will hurt their
> > business. Ever see a political poster hung on the window of a shop? A
> > campaign sign out front? A petition on the counter? It happens every
> > day.
>
> The problem as I see it is that Google is almost a monoply. Puter
> illiterates like myself have no choice but to use it. Unlike going in a
> store, or a campaign sign on a front lawn.

You have other choices just no good ones. The reason they almost have a
monopoly is that they do it so much better. Try Bing or Yahoo for a while.

One exception IMHO is Bing maps, i prefer the birds eye view.

----

chandler

Jan 19, 2012, 5:04:58 PM1/19/12
On Jan 18 2012 11:30 AM, theelevenlovelight wrote:

> Google has no business promoting a political agenda, even when those
politics affect Google. The
> Google homepage is NOT the place to endorse political points of view.

True. Clearly it is a place to find free porn.

Chandler

Pepe Papon

Jan 19, 2012, 8:35:27 PM1/19/12
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:29:35 -0800, "Dutch" <n...@email.com> wrote:

>"popinjay999" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> On Jan 18, 12:52 pm, "Dutch" <n...@email.com> wrote:
>>

>>> If you're saying their search results are politically slanted can you
>>> support that charge?
>>

>> Maybe he's talking about the blackout image on their page and the
>> legislation they're protesting? Think that might be it, Einstein?
>
>I'm not seeing a black homepage, I may be looking at a cached version. But
>if it is to promote energy conservation, what is wrong with that?

Energy conservation? WTF?