Trump’s Scandals, a List

VegasJerry

Oct 12, 2017, 11:12:21 AM10/12/17
Trump’s Scandals, a List

The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.

“Amid the chaos and dysfunction,” Slate’s Jamelle Bouie writes, “it can be easy to miss that this White House is corrupt. Remarkably, unbelievably, corrupt.” Given the number of potential scandals involving personal enrichment — of President Trump, his family or top administration officials — I wanted to create a list of all the major ones. Here goes:

• The presidency is benefiting Trump’s business in numerous ways. Government officials have stayed in hotels that bear Trump’s name, for example, while Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club doubled its membership rates after he won the White House.

Also: Eric Trump has been giving his father quarterly updates on the financial health of his businesses, despite promises that the president would have no involvement. Those businesses have also done deals with foreign governments, despite the president’s pledge that they wouldn’t.

• Trump has spent more than $30 million of taxpayer money traveling to properties he owns, by one estimate.

• Ryan Zinke, Trump’s secretary of the interior, is under investigation for chartering a $12,000 flight from Las Vegas to Montana at taxpayers’ expense.

• David Shulkin, the secretary of Veterans Affairs, charged taxpayers for a trip to Europe that included stopovers at Wimbledon and Westminster Abbey, plus a river cruise for him and his wife.

• Scott Pruitt, who runs the Environmental Protection Agency, regularly dines with donors and lobbyists from industries his department is regulating. He also used public money to pay for a soundproof booth in his office and chartered private and military overseas flights.

• Steve Mnuchin, the Treasury secretary, tried to use a government plane to fly him to Europe for his honeymoon. He may also have availed himself of a taxpayer-funded military plane to view the solar eclipse in August, though he says the trip had a different purpose.

The Treasury Department’s inspector general concluded in October that Mnuchin broke no laws when he spent $800,000 to travel on military planes. But the inspector general also criticized Mnuchin’s insufficient explanation for why he needed to spend so much taxpayer money. “What is of concern is a disconnect between the standard of proof called for,” the inspector general wrote, “and the actual amount of proof provided by Treasury and accepted by the White House in justifying these trip requests.”

• Tom Price, the former secretary of health and human services who resigned in September, spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars on private planes. Trump hired Price despite Price’s history of using his position in Congress to receive sweetheart stock deals.

• Despite Trump’s spending only eight days in Trump Tower as president so far, the government has spent $130,000 per month since April to lease space in the building for a military office that supports the White House.

• Jared Kushner has reportedly used his closeness with Trump to secure foreign investment in Kushner’s family-owned business, in exchange for granting visas.

• A Chinese government office approved trademarks for a company owned by Ivanka Trump on the same day that China’s president met with President Trump.

• Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman, may have used his position to curry favor with a Russian oligarch.

• Michael Flynn lobbied on behalf of the Turkish government, but Trump selected him as national security adviser anyway (before later ousting him).

• Kellyanne Conway, a top Trump adviser, promoted Ivanka’s fashion line on television.

• As The New Yorker, ProPublica and the public radio station WNYC reported, longtime Trump lawyer Marc Kasowitz donated or solicited more than $50,000 on behalf of a Manhattan district attorney who later dropped a case against Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr.

• And there are likely some scandals we don’t know about because, unlike other modern presidents and candidates, Trump has refused to release his tax returns.

If you think the list above is incomplete, and I assume it is, email me at leonhardt@nytimes.

da pickle

Oct 12, 2017, 11:51:55 AM10/12/17
On 10/12/2017 10:12 AM, VegasJerry wrote:

> Trump’s Scandals, a List
>
> The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.

Knew you could not list them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---
http://www.avg.com

popinjay

Oct 12, 2017, 2:16:20 PM10/12/17
Yeah, but show us a list.

Travel

Oct 12, 2017, 6:15:55 PM10/12/17
See, you couldn't do it without lying.

VegasJerry

Oct 12, 2017, 8:41:34 PM10/12/17
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 8:51:55 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:
> On 10/12/2017 10:12 AM, VegasJerry wrote:
>
> > Trump’s Scandals, a List
> >
> > The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.
>
> Knew you could not list them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet you just read it. In denial much?

VegasJerry

Oct 12, 2017, 8:42:02 PM10/12/17

VegasJerry

Oct 12, 2017, 8:43:06 PM10/12/17
You just said I couldn't list any. Now you claim the list is a lie?
I was right, you're in denial - and really embarrassed about it.

risky biz

Oct 12, 2017, 9:32:59 PM10/12/17
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 3:15:55 PM UTC-7, Travel wrote:
Not a single lie in Jerry's list. It's all a matter of well-known public record. You, on the other hand, have to lie just to claim there is a list backing up your claims. Where's your list?

VegasJerry

Oct 13, 2017, 8:18:25 AM10/13/17
Travel, like the other idiot wing nut, are simply too embarrassed at having been lied to, and believed it. They exhibit the same traits as Iris Prick in that they simply, Snipe - Run & Hide - Resnipe.

You see this on the Sunday Talk Shows. They'll be challenged with a question, and them simply don't answer. They ramble on about something else. When requisitioned, they do it again. finally the commentator will say, "We're out of time Senator, I'll guess will not get an answer."

Travel

Oct 13, 2017, 10:30:03 PM10/13/17
A list o' lies. Just as everyone thought.

VegasJerry

Oct 14, 2017, 10:01:12 AM10/14/17
On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 7:30:03 PM UTC-7, Travel wrote:
> On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 9:32:59 PM UTC-4, risky biz wrote:
> > On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 3:15:55 PM UTC-7, Travel wrote:

<...>

> > > Not a single lie in Jerry's list. It's all a matter of well-known public record. You, on the other hand, have to lie just to claim there is a list backing up your claims. Where's your list?

> > Travel, like the other idiot wing nut, are simply too embarrassed at having
> > been lied to, and believed it. They exhibit the same traits as Iris Prick
> > in that they simply, Snipe - Run & Hide - Resnipe.

> A list o' lies. Just as everyone thought.

See what I mean? Just like calling a dog..

Travel

Oct 15, 2017, 7:40:01 PM10/15/17
Note that a real list isn't showing-up.

VegasJerry

Oct 15, 2017, 8:58:54 PM10/15/17
WTF do you call the first post? And where are your lists?

risky biz

Oct 16, 2017, 4:57:34 AM10/16/17
It's a real list. You know it and everyone else knows it.

Travel

Oct 16, 2017, 6:02:10 PM10/16/17
Lying.

Travel

Oct 16, 2017, 6:06:54 PM10/16/17
No it isn't, and everyone doesn't. It relies on ignorance of the facts, obfuscation and lack of subject-knowledge in general. I could take it apart, asleep.

VegasJerry

Oct 16, 2017, 6:10:00 PM10/16/17
Knew you couldn't list.

*** YAWN! ***

Jerry

Travel

Oct 16, 2017, 6:16:35 PM10/16/17
Lol, now that I re read it again, it's a list of fizzles; "hope-this'll-sticks." Everything in the list is either legal, other administrations have spent much more, not remotely proved, or just snarky attempts at suggestion and add-on fabrication of otherwise, harmless incidents.

You've merely listed your losses to Trump (chortle).

BTSinAustin

Oct 18, 2017, 4:40:57 PM10/18/17
Nice dodge, knew you couldn't show a list

VegasJerry

Oct 18, 2017, 5:49:36 PM10/18/17
Because you didn't read the list? It's the first post..
(Or are you in denial, too?)

risky biz

Oct 18, 2017, 6:42:33 PM10/18/17
Welcome to 'travel' Fantasy-Land. No admission charged.

da pickle

Oct 22, 2017, 2:26:25 PM10/22/17
On 10/12/2017 7:41 PM, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 11:16:20 AM UTC-7, popinjay wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 8:12:21 AM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:

>>> The list of Trump scandals keeps growing >>
>> Yeah, but show us a list.
>
> Yet you just read it. In denial much?

WHERE IS THE LIST ?????

VegasJerry

Oct 23, 2017, 9:56:13 AM10/23/17

--
Now where is yours?

da pickle

Oct 23, 2017, 1:04:12 PM10/23/17
On 10/23/2017 8:56 AM, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 11:26:25 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:

>>> Yet you just read it. In denial much?
>>
>> WHERE IS THE LIST ?????
>
> The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.

Well?????

Where is the list?

VegasJerry

Oct 23, 2017, 2:55:35 PM10/23/17
On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 11:26:25 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:
> On 10/12/2017 7:41 PM, VegasJerry wrote:

> >> Yeah, but show us a list.
> >
> > Yet you just read it. In denial much?
>
> WHERE IS THE LIST ?????

The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.

Clave

Oct 23, 2017, 3:21:24 PM10/23/17

"da pickle" <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 10/23/2017 8:56 AM, VegasJerry wrote:

>>> WHERE IS THE LIST ?????
>>
>> The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.
>
> Well?????
>
> Where is the list?

Stupid pickle snips the answer to his own question to once again add
absolutely nothing.

da pickle

Oct 23, 2017, 4:05:49 PM10/23/17
On 10/23/2017 1:55 PM, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 11:26:25 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:

>>> Yet you just read it. In denial much?
>>
>> WHERE IS THE LIST ?????
>
> The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.

And yet, you cannot list the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the list?????????????????

da pickle

Oct 23, 2017, 4:06:06 PM10/23/17
ngcfc

Clave

Oct 23, 2017, 5:14:27 PM10/23/17

> Again, I have nothing intelligent to say.

We know already.

VegasJerry

Oct 23, 2017, 7:26:37 PM10/23/17
On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 1:05:49 PM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:
> On 10/23/2017 1:55 PM, VegasJerry wrote:

> >> WHERE IS THE LIST ?????
> >
> > The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.
>
> And yet, you cannot list the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Where is the list?????????????????

Here it is again. Please embarrass yourself in front of everybody and go into denial again. We love watching you squirm...

[...]

da pickle

Oct 24, 2017, 5:42:35 AM10/24/17
On 10/23/2017 6:26 PM, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 1:05:49 PM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:

>>> The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.
>>
>> And yet, you cannot list the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Where is the list?????????????????

> The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.

And still no list!

Clave

Oct 24, 2017, 5:44:37 AM10/24/17

> On 10/23/2017 6:26 PM, VegasJerry wrote:

>>> And yet, you cannot list the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> Where is the list?????????????????
>
>> The list of Trump scandals keeps growing.
>
> And I STILL have nothing intelligent to say!!!

A lot of people wouldn't be so proud of that.

Just sayin'.