When I'm Gone, Gone Gone...

Clave

Jan 11, 2016, 2:53:07 AM1/11/16
Bowie's left the building. Fuck.

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 3:17:54 AM1/11/16
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 11:53:07 PM UTC-8, Clave wrote:

> Bowie's left the building. Fuck.

I'm so thankful that you posted this on the newsgroup because none of us has a radio, a television, or any access to news.

Bowie should have eaten a diet rich in nitrilosides.

Clave

Jan 11, 2016, 3:36:53 AM1/11/16

"Clave" <ChrisC...@TheMonastery.com> wrote in message news:...
> Bowie's left the building. Fuck.

Hasn't sad little Pop-Tard tried to piss on this yet?

BillB

Jan 11, 2016, 3:42:13 AM1/11/16
On 11/01/2016 12:17 AM, popinjay wrote:
> On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 11:53:07 PM UTC-8, Clave wrote:
>
>> Bowie's left the building. Fuck.
>>

> I'm so thankful that you posted this on the newsgroup because none of us has a radio, a television, or any access to news.

What's your problem? His post is not a news report, but an opportunity
for the group to discuss the artist, the memories he evokes, what he
meant to some of us, personal anecdotes, or, in your case, quack medical
advice.

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 3:44:39 AM1/11/16
guppytard

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 3:56:20 AM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 12:42:13 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> What's your problem? His post is not a news report, but an opportunity
> for the group to discuss the artist, the memories he evokes, what he
> meant to some of us, personal anecdotes, or, in your case, quack medical
> advice.

Then get to anecdoting, bitch. What's stopping you?

Clave

Jan 11, 2016, 4:04:10 AM1/11/16

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message
Or dancing pony telepathy.

Frankly, I think Pop-Tard's insane jealousy of me is completely dwarfed by
her totally insaner jealousy of someone who left behind a body of work like
Bowie's.

I haven't heard his latest release yet (two days before he died, FFS), and I
wasn't enough of a fan to own everything he recorded (nothing before Changes
II), but I was completely into "Earthling", what live performances of his I
could find, and the songs he wrote for other people.

What an amazing talent. I'm glad he had his family close at the end. 24
years with the same wife in that world is quite an accomplishment in itself.

BillB

Jan 11, 2016, 4:04:41 AM1/11/16
I did really like a lot of his hits, but I was never really a Bowie guy.
I guess I was a bit of a homophobe back then. I had that one greatest
hits album...I think it was called Changes. Good stuff.

Clave

Jan 11, 2016, 4:09:32 AM1/11/16

"Clave" <ChrisC...@TheMonastery.com> wrote in message news:...

> "Clave" <ChrisC...@TheMonastery.com> wrote in message news:...
>> Bowie's left the building. Fuck.
>
> Hasn't sad little Pop-Tard tried to piss on this yet?

Damn, my newsfeed is just a little slow tonight. Of course he has.

How utterly expected.

Also too, what a fucking ghoul.

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 4:35:12 AM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 1:09:32 AM UTC-8, Clave wrote:

> Damn, my newsfeed is just a little slow tonight. Of course he has.
>
> How utterly expected.
>
> Also too, what a fucking ghoul.

So far in this discussion between you and BillB we have discovered that BillB was a homophobe and "not really a Bowie guy" and you were not enough of a fan to own his earlier recordings. So is that it? Are you guys done now?

I don't recall either of you making a fuss when Jesse Helms died.

BillB

Jan 11, 2016, 4:57:59 AM1/11/16
On 11/01/2016 1:35 AM, popinjay wrote:

> So far in this discussion between you and BillB we have discovered
that BillB was a homophobe and "not really a Bowie guy" and you were not
enough of a fan to own his earlier recordings. So is that it? Are you
guys done now?

No, as a matter of fact, I'm not done. Now I'm going to post a link to
my favorite Bowie video, if that's okay with you?

An old Christian standard, just to prove I'm not a religious bigot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXjbI3kRus

BillB

Jan 11, 2016, 5:07:43 AM1/11/16
By the way...I didn't say I was a homophobe. I said I was *a bit* of a
homophobe. Two different things! It's just that seeing a super-skinny
guy with bright red hair dressed in a skin-tight sequined silk leotard
dance around on stage...it just made me a little uncomfortable, that's
all. That's normal for a heterosexual 17-year-old male in 1979, isn't it?

Clave

Jan 11, 2016, 5:10:50 AM1/11/16

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message
Watch this while it still works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY54qW7SK8Y

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 5:28:52 AM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 2:07:43 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> By the way...I didn't say I was a homophobe. I said I was *a bit* of a
> homophobe. Two different things! It's just that seeing a super-skinny
> guy with bright red hair dressed in a skin-tight sequined silk leotard
> dance around on stage...it just made me a little uncomfortable, that's
> all. That's normal for a heterosexual 17-year-old male in 1979, isn't it?

Sorry, I don't really understand why you needed to add anything sexual to the conversation in the first place. You brought it up. Clave has remained on Bowie's music and talent, and I'm sure other fans will join the discussion as the day moves on, and I'm guessing they too will focus on Bowie's music and talent. In fact, when all is said and done and the thread is slowing down, I suspect that YOU will be the ONLY one who even hinted about Bowie's sexuality. BillB, the "tolerant" one. Mister Social Justice.

BillB

Jan 11, 2016, 5:42:42 AM1/11/16
On 11/01/2016 2:28 AM, popinjay wrote:
> On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 2:07:43 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
>

>> By the way...I didn't say I was a homophobe. I said I was *a bit* of a
>> homophobe. Two different things! It's just that seeing a super-skinny
>> guy with bright red hair dressed in a skin-tight sequined silk leotard
>> dance around on stage...it just made me a little uncomfortable, that's
>> all. That's normal for a heterosexual 17-year-old male in 1979, isn't it?
>

> Sorry, I don't really understand why you needed to add anything sexual to the conversation in the first place.

It's part of the Bowie story, you big dummy. If it makes you
uncomfortable, you might be a bit of a homophobe...in 2016!!

fffurken

Jan 11, 2016, 5:44:14 AM1/11/16
He's probably repressed.

Burka Bea says Billb projects a lot, and his immediate response to that was to call Bea a "lifetime loser" (lofl), yep!

Clave

Jan 11, 2016, 7:05:39 AM1/11/16

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message
Another thing -- Bowie did gender-bending before it was anything people knew
was cool or not.

#respect

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 7:05:58 AM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 2:42:42 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> It's part of the Bowie story, you big dummy. If it makes you
> uncomfortable, you might be a bit of a homophobe...in 2016!!

You don't need to tell me that it's part of the Bowie story, but it's no big deal to me. In fact, it's inconsequential. What does mean something to me, though, is the fact that you needed to bring it into the conversation, which I think was tacky, regardless of how well known it was or not, and it was also revealing of your feelings, which surprised me because I had you pegged as a more tolerant human being.

Tell me, Bill, and I know it is "part of the Bowie story", but if you were giving the eulogy at his funeral, would you have felt the need to bring it up, even if you said it in a complimentary manner? Even if you said he was a nice faggot?

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 7:14:18 AM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 4:05:39 AM UTC-8, Clave wrote:

> Another thing -- Bowie did gender-bending before it was anything people knew
> was cool or not.

I can't help but think that we would still be talking about his music and talent if Bill had not started the slide toward degeneration of this thread with his "I wasn't a fan of Bowie because I was a bit of a homophobe" remark. Bill took a perfectly respectful thread during this sad time and turned it into something dirty.

BillB

Jan 11, 2016, 9:00:33 AM1/11/16
I'm just a guy who posts on RGP, but these are PROFESSIONAL writers, and
they saw fit to put it in the *headline* of this Bowie obituary piece:

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/14-perfect-david-bowie-quotes-on-bisexuality-and-gender-fluidity/#gs.IsoMHUQ

So ya, I guess I WOULD bring it up at his funeral, you cocksucker.
Besides, if Howard Stern can open with a joke about Joan Rivers' dried
up pussy during her eulogy, I think I can at least mention Bowie's
sexuality in his.

BillB

Jan 11, 2016, 9:10:35 AM1/11/16
On 11/01/2016 2:44 AM, fffurken wrote:

> He's probably repressed.

Such originality!

> Burka Bea says Billb projects a lot, and his immediate response to that was to call Bea a "lifetime loser" (lofl), yep!

I don't remember Bea saying I "project a lot", and I certainly didn't
call Bea a lifetime loser. I said that's how she strikes me. Big
difference, to anyone with a three digit IQ (which is why you were
confused).

fffurken

Jan 11, 2016, 9:29:16 AM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 2:10:35 PM UTC, BillB wrote:

> I don't remember Bea saying I "project a lot", and I certainly didn't
> call Bea a lifetime loser. I said that's how she strikes me.

lol

FL Turbo

Jan 11, 2016, 10:01:13 AM1/11/16
Who is this Bowie guy?

What are nitrilosides? Is that the latest miracle nutrient?

---

halfpastdead9

Jan 11, 2016, 11:28:00 AM1/11/16
nitroslides = angry dragon

Bea Foroni

Jan 11, 2016, 11:28:15 AM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 2:44:14 AM UTC-8, fffurken wrote:

> He's probably repressed.
>
> Burka Bea says Billb projects a lot, and his immediate response to that was to call Bea a "lifetime loser" (lofl), yep!

You caught that one, too? I was beginning to think I was the only one.

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 11:54:06 AM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 6:00:33 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> I'm just a guy who posts on RGP, but these are PROFESSIONAL writers, and
> they saw fit to put it in the *headline* of this Bowie obituary piece:
>
> http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/14-perfect-david-bowie-quotes-on-bisexuality-and-gender-fluidity/#gs.IsoMHUQ

Weak, counselor, weak. That's a fag website. They're supposed to write that filth. "Professional" writers, indeed. Case dismissed.

Bea Foroni

Jan 11, 2016, 12:00:25 PM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 4:05:39 AM UTC-8, Clave wrote:

> Another thing -- Bowie did gender-bending before it was anything people knew
> was cool or not.
>
> #respect

Puhleese!!! Bowie was a tagger-on when it came to gender fuck. Iggy Pop and The Stooges, Candy Darling and Andy Warhol, Christine Jorgensen, Billy Tipton?, and what about Alice Cooper! Look at the teeny bobber magazines of the late '60's and they were full of feminine men.

Yes, Bowie was ground breaking in that he was there whether or not you were looking for it. Plenty of people hated queers back then, but he was "one of the good ones" (he was married and had children).

If David Bowie made you uncomfortable, you had plenty of time before him to bash fags. Bowie made gender bending financially commercial.

Robert Ladd

Jan 11, 2016, 1:01:19 PM1/11/16

"popinjay" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
WOW!!! Just magnificent. 10/10. This goes to demonstrate that you are
still the premier, #1, top-tier, standalone best troll on RGP. When you can
hook BillB, who from all indications is an almost flawless troll, then
you've shown you superiority. Great job PP.

Robert Ladd

Clave

Jan 11, 2016, 1:04:32 PM1/11/16

"Bea Foroni" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 4:05:39 AM UTC-8, Clave wrote:
>

>> Another thing -- Bowie did gender-bending before it was anything people
>> knew
>> was cool or not.
>>
>> #respect
>
> Puhleese!!! Bowie was a tagger-on when it came to gender fuck.

Did I say he was The Only?

Your tender little nerves are pretty raw lately.

popinjay

Jan 11, 2016, 1:37:14 PM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 10:01:19 AM UTC-8, Robert Ladd wrote:

> WOW!!! Just magnificent. 10/10. This goes to demonstrate that you are
> still the premier, #1, top-tier, standalone best troll on RGP. When you can
> hook BillB, who from all indications is an almost flawless troll, then
> you've shown you superiority. Great job PP.
>
> Robert Ladd

I take my roll on RGP very seriously.

BillB

Jan 11, 2016, 2:20:45 PM1/11/16
On 11/01/2016 8:54 AM, popinjay wrote:

> Weak, counselor, weak. That's a fag website. They're supposed to write that filth. "Professional" writers, indeed. Case dismissed.

Homophobe

drwhod...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 3:00:44 PM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 1:53:07 AM UTC-6, Clave wrote:
> Bowie's left the building. Fuck.

I was just looking through Amazon. Man, he had a hell of a run. So many fine songs just inextricably embedded into American culture. Space Oddity, Starman, Changes, Fame, Rebel Rebel, Heroes, Life On Mars and the list goes on and on. Showtime did a really nice documentary about David Bowie a while back. If anyone subscribes it's probably on demand for free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrLec4RBXY

TVC15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTjsOzeIpc0

Bea Foroni

Jan 11, 2016, 3:05:29 PM1/11/16
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 10:04:32 AM UTC-8, Clave wrote:
> "Bea Foroni" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 4:05:39 AM UTC-8, Clave wrote:
> >

> >> Another thing -- Bowie did gender-bending before it was anything people
> >> knew
> >> was cool or not.
> >>
> >> #respect
> >
> > Puhleese!!! Bowie was a tagger-on when it came to gender fuck.
>
> Did I say he was The Only?

He wasn't even. He just made money on it. First he said he was gay, then he said he was bi, then he said he was straight and then said all the queer stuff was made up. Sort of like white people pretending to be black.

He was a good musician. He worked hard and had attention to detail. But after his gender-bending schtick ran out, he was just another musician selling yet another album.

Robert Ladd

Jan 11, 2016, 4:02:43 PM1/11/16

"popinjay" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
And I suppose you take your role with cinnamon sprinkles and icing.

Robert Ladd

VegasJerry

Jan 11, 2016, 5:09:44 PM1/11/16
I never knew this guy. As far as I'm concerned, when Frank Sinatra died, it was all over.

Clave

Jan 11, 2016, 8:20:35 PM1/11/16

"Bea Foroni" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Mee-yow.