Question For Dutch

Bea Foroni

May 20, 2017, 8:44:17 PM5/20/17
Here is a link: https://www.google.com/search?q=homeless+camps&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjm0vmp3v_TAhVUzGMKHV39ANcQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=934

It is a link to Google images of American homeless camps.

Do your own search if you want.

Does Canada have scenes like these?

The pictures show are not the worse, they are pretty typical of the homeless camps in and around cities and smaller towns.

The reason I ask about Canada is I'm trying to get it in perspective.

Are these camps a result of people just no longer giving a crap, camping outside and drinking, drugging and mooching from the liberal churches and food stamp industry.

Or is this a symptom of society going all crazy? We care so little for each other we don't care if people live and die in pup tents. The economy so messed up, increasing numbers of people can't even afford a pot to piss in?

So tell me Dutch, are you seeing this in Canada? Or Fffferked, is this a common sight in Ireland?

Is this America circling the drain, or is it a bohemian lifestyle taking hold world-wide?

popinjay

May 20, 2017, 8:51:14 PM5/20/17
So fucking what. And you don't care about Canada and Ireland, you just want to stir the shit about America. I have a solution that will cure all of it. Get a fucking job. Until then, the police should move these bums down the road and off of public property.

Bea Foroni

May 20, 2017, 9:09:34 PM5/20/17
Where's your job Paul?

Are you saying this "homeless" crap is only in America?

popinjay

May 20, 2017, 9:33:00 PM5/20/17
On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 6:09:34 PM UTC-7, Bea Foroni wrote:

> Where's your job Paul?

I play keno.

Bea Foroni

May 20, 2017, 9:41:58 PM5/20/17
I'd like to say, "No problem". But I do have a problem with teat suckers who tell others to get a job.

So, as a tax payer who helps your endeavors, You're welcome.

BillB

May 20, 2017, 10:25:44 PM5/20/17

"Bea Foroni" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Does Canada have scenes like these?

Why would you ask Dutch? I'm the one who grew up on the streets.

Vancouver is famous for its tent cities. Always has been. It's one of the
only places in Canada where you can be comfortably homeless year round. It's
a case of poor people best allocating their limited taxpayer funded
resources. Yes, in many cases it is one big party, especially on the days
immediately following Welfare Wednesday. The recent explosion of fentanyl
overdoses is a worrisome trend.

Dutch

May 20, 2017, 11:42:18 PM5/20/17
Bea Foroni wrote:
> Here is a link: https://www.google.com/search?q=homeless+camps&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjm0vmp3v_TAhVUzGMKHV39ANcQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=934
>
> It is a link to Google images of American homeless camps.
>
> Do your own search if you want.
>
> Does Canada have scenes like these?

Yes

> The pictures show are not the worse, they are pretty typical of the homeless camps in and around cities and smaller towns.
>
> The reason I ask about Canada is I'm trying to get it in perspective.
>
> Are these camps a result of people just no longer giving a crap, camping outside and drinking, drugging and mooching from the liberal churches and food stamp industry.

Yes, and also the withdrawal of funding leading to the closure of mental
health and drug treatment facilities.

> Or is this a symptom of society going all crazy? We care so little for each other we don't care if people live and die in pup tents. The economy so messed up, increasing numbers of people can't even afford a pot to piss in?
>
> So tell me Dutch, are you seeing this in Canada? Or Fffferked, is this a common sight in Ireland?
>
> Is this America circling the drain, or is it a bohemian lifestyle taking hold world-wide?

I can only confirm that it is happening here.

popinjay

May 20, 2017, 11:48:21 PM5/20/17
On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 8:42:18 PM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:

> Yes, and also the withdrawal of funding leading to the closure of mental
> health and drug treatment facilities.

First you think there are too many prisons, and now you think there aren't enough. Make up your mind. This is what happens when you are a "centrist" and don't stand for nothing.

Dutch

May 20, 2017, 11:57:03 PM5/20/17
BillB wrote:
> "Bea Foroni" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Does Canada have scenes like these?
>
> Why would you ask Dutch?

Because she respects that I give my honest opinion and you just troll
for yuks.

> I'm the one who grew up on the streets.

Yeah, right.

> Vancouver is famous for its tent cities. Always has been. It's one of the
> only places in Canada where you can be comfortably homeless year round. It's
> a case of poor people best allocating their limited taxpayer funded
> resources. Yes, in many cases it is one big party, especially on the days
> immediately following Welfare Wednesday.

aka "Mardi Gras"

> The recent explosion of fentanyl
> overdoses is a worrisome trend.

Yet nobody has suggested the obvious solution.

Dutch

May 21, 2017, 12:04:40 AM5/21/17
Mental hospitals and rehabs aren't prisons. A recent survey of the local
homeless population revealed that something like 80% were survivors of
head injuries. Many have also been victims of severe abuse since early
childhood and/or were born with fetal alcohol syndrome. Some are "just
lazy" but not that many.

popinjay

May 21, 2017, 1:10:42 AM5/21/17
On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 9:04:40 PM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:

> Mental hospitals and rehabs aren't prisons.

Thank you for assuring us that you are still an ignoramus who likes to talk about things you know nothing about. I am also sure, by your statement, that you have never been in a "mental hospital".

popinjay

May 21, 2017, 2:06:17 AM5/21/17
Can you walk away from a mental hospital? Are there guards at a mental hospital? You're getting as bad as Bea. Just open your mouth first, and think later.

Dutch

May 21, 2017, 3:02:53 AM5/21/17
I take it from most of your statements that you have.

popinjay

May 21, 2017, 3:12:13 AM5/21/17
The California Dept of Mental Health is not much different than Dept of Corrections.

http://www.dsh.ca.gov/Atascadero/

Dutch

May 21, 2017, 3:17:59 AM5/21/17
I guess you know..

I expect the goal of both institutions is that inmates receive
appropriate care.

There are plenty of people living on the street who should be
institutionalized, they're just destroying themselves.

popinjay

May 21, 2017, 3:30:27 AM5/21/17
Why should they be institutionalized? What have they done wrong besides minor trespassing violations? The solution is for the police to make a sweep, and let them cool their heels in the county jail for 30 days. They get clean, they get fed, they get sleep. Then release them. If they continue that life, rinse and repeat, until they get sick of it. But you want to put them somewhere like where Mengele did his experiments. You're a sick mutherfucker.

Dutch

May 21, 2017, 4:04:01 AM5/21/17
popinjay wrote:
> But you want to put them somewhere like where Mengele did his experiments. You're a sick mutherfucker.

You've blown my cover. I just want them used for medical research.

Bea Foroni

May 21, 2017, 4:16:41 AM5/21/17
Well since you are not a taxpayer, it seems you don't have a dog in this fight.

We could look at it from the viewpoint of a homeowner or parent. Homeless people using the curb for a toilet, a lawn for a needle disposal and just about anywhere for used condoms, is a breeding ground for disease and a crucible for crime.

Looking at it from the homeless POV, the weakest become victims of crime. The stronger homeless take advantage of the weak and the mentally ill. Rape and intimidation are common amongst the homeless.

If we could conquer our petty ego, we could see to setting up universal income, which is cheaper in the long run and gives people an opportunity to rise above squalor. It is cheaper to house the homeless, it is cheaper to feed the hungry and it is cheaper to care for the ill.

Under universal income, a 'homeless' person could be told to go home, and he'd have a place to go. The signs of beggars willing to "work for food" would be a thing of the past. And a drug addict instead of dying on the streets like a dog, would instead be in a rehab.

We are at the beginning of the collapse of the current financial age. Most labor will be obsolete in a few years. We are witnessing the collapse of retail workers as stores and malls close and warehouses become automated. Transportation automation is only a few years away. When was the last time any of us went inside a bank and cashed a check? A rise in fast food wages promises to bring on automation. We see IBM's Watson taking over the job of doctors in the cancer field (look it up yourself), and many more white-collar jobs will be handled better by software programs.

We will either share full time jobs, or accept a large part of the population is not needed for work.

What do we do with excess? Have them living on the streets and under bridges waiting to foment revolution? Or do we recognize the table of bounty is big enough for all to enjoy?

Clave

May 21, 2017, 4:48:56 AM5/21/17

"Bea Foroni" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Lemme see if I can put this clearly in a few words -- the obvious economic
sense of a guaranteed basic income, shelter and health care does not matter
to modern Republicans, mostly because the GOP only serves the very rich.
It's been obvious (wink-wink) for decades, but on the heels of the recent
House "Health Care Abolistion Act" it's beyond reasonable debate.

For the not-rich Republicans, it's not enough for them to feel good in their
own lives. It's also necessary that they know that other, "less worthy"
people -- their own countrymen -- are suffering and dying, otherwise they
have no one to pretend they're superior to.

Yep. That pretty much summarizes it.

BillB

May 21, 2017, 5:28:06 AM5/21/17
On 20/05/2017 8:55 PM, Dutch wrote:
> BillB wrote:

> > The recent explosion of fentanyl
>> overdoses is a worrisome trend.
>
> Yet nobody has suggested the obvious solution.

The wholesale execution of opiate addicts is not an option in Canada,
you fascist.

I have a much more civilized solution: free fentanyl for all.

Clave

May 21, 2017, 6:33:58 AM5/21/17

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message news:ofrmcn$ksg$1...@dont-email.me...
Had that shit once post-op.

Strange for people who haven't been there to understand, but I don't ever
want to feel that good again.

VegasJerry

May 21, 2017, 10:24:45 AM5/21/17
We went through all this with alcohol, prostitution and abortion. You can’t simply outlaw something many people want. Nevada has bars, whorehouses and abortion clinics open 24-hours a day – smoking allowed in bars. Marijuana stores are already opening. It’s time for the Opium Dens of old, where a patron can take any drug they want at cheap prices. I had previously suggested that the opium dens have alleys for hauling away the dead and dying; but I’ve changed my mind. The shining example of dragging them out the front door would be the modern example of the perp walk.

“Nothing to hide here… you were warned… move along…”

Have the cops cruise by, and through, the dens to be sure some idiot doesn’t stager out and get in his car. (This is referenced because California had a rule where us cops could not ‘stakeout’ bars at closing time in order to make arrests – yet we could walk through at any time).

Jerry (partaking) 'n Vegas

Dutch

May 21, 2017, 2:34:45 PM5/21/17
BillB wrote:
> On 20/05/2017 8:55 PM, Dutch wrote:
>> BillB wrote:
>
>> > The recent explosion of fentanyl
>>> overdoses is a worrisome trend.
>>
>> Yet nobody has suggested the obvious solution.
>
> The wholesale execution of opiate addicts is not an option in Canada,
> you fascist.

Oh.. darn.

> I have a much more civilized solution: free fentanyl for all.

That was the solution I was referring to. Not necessarily fentanyl, any
good opiate would do. Cheap, safe doses, and readily available. Stop the
carnage then deal with addiction as a health issue.