OT: Meg Whitman's own $71 million

1 view

Paul Popinjay

Jun 9, 2010, 1:14:18 AM6/9/10
Holy shit, that's a lot of money. Even Poizner spent a third of that, and
he had no chance. Talk about "nose-bleed stakes"!

"Whitman spent more than $71 million of her own money on the campaign and
more than $88 million overall. Poizner mostly funded his losing effort with
more than $25 million of his own money."
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2010/06/whitman-wins-republican-gubernatorial-primary.html

da pickle nospam

Jun 9, 2010, 1:39:23 PM6/9/10
On Jun 8, 10:14 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> more than $25 million of his own money."http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2010/06/whitman-w...

Sounds like a Republican fiscal conservative to me.

misanthropic whackjob

Jun 9, 2010, 3:09:21 PM6/9/10

Well we better all PRAY she has more to spend, or we'll be stuck with
governor moonbeam again.

________________________________________________________________________�
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

Paul Popinjay

Jun 9, 2010, 3:00:27 PM6/9/10
"misanthropic whackjob" <aca...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> Well we better all PRAY she has more to spend, or we'll be stuck with
> governor moonbeam again.

That is a frightening thought. I don't expect much from Whitman, but I
remember Jerry Brown very well, and what was particularly damaging were his
appointments. Rose Bird was a disaster. He was a disaster.

Bob T.

Jun 9, 2010, 3:15:41 PM6/9/10
On Jun 9, 12:09 pm, "misanthropic whackjob" <acae...@webnntp.invalid>
wrote:

> On Jun 8 2010 10:14 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
> > Holy shit, that's a lot of money.  Even Poizner spent a third of that, and
> > he had no chance.  Talk about "nose-bleed stakes"!
>
> > "Whitman spent more than $71 million of her own money on the campaign and
> > more than $88 million overall. Poizner mostly funded his losing effort with
> > more than $25 million of his own money."
>
> http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2010/06/whitman-w...

> Well we better all PRAY she has more to spend, or we'll be stuck with
> governor moonbeam again.

Yeah, Meg is great - she hired lots of people at EBay, so she
therefore obviously has the experience necessary to reduce
unemployment in California. She also noted that the state of
California employs twice as many attorneys as the largest law firm in
the country. Twice as many!

Brown, on the other hand, has never been a successful CEO of an online
auction house, so he couldn't possibly have the experience necessary
to be governor.

- Bob T

Iceman

Jun 9, 2010, 5:25:57 PM6/9/10
On Jun 9, 2:00 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "misanthropic whackjob" <acae...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> > Well we better all PRAY she has more to spend, or we'll be stuck with
> > governor moonbeam again.
>
> That is a frightening thought.  I don't expect much from Whitman, but I
> remember Jerry Brown very well, and what was particularly damaging were his
> appointments.  Rose Bird was a disaster.  He was a disaster.

California should elect Willie Brown governor.

misanthropic whackjob

Jun 9, 2010, 6:37:33 PM6/9/10
On Jun 9 2010 12:15 PM, Bob T. wrote:

> On Jun 9, 12:09�pm, "misanthropic whackjob" <acae...@webnntp.invalid>
> wrote:
> > On Jun 8 2010 10:14 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
> >
> > > Holy shit, that's a lot of money. �Even Poizner spent a third of that,
and
> > > he had no chance. �Talk about "nose-bleed stakes"!
> >
> > > "Whitman spent more than $71 million of her own money on the campaign and
> > > more than $88 million overall. Poizner mostly funded his losing effort
with
> > > more than $25 million of his own money."
> >
> > http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2010/06/whitman-w...
> >
> > Well we better all PRAY she has more to spend, or we'll be stuck with
> > governor moonbeam again.
>
> Yeah, Meg is great - she hired lots of people at EBay, so she
> therefore obviously has the experience necessary to reduce
> unemployment in California. She also noted that the state of
> California employs twice as many attorneys as the largest law firm in
> the country. Twice as many!
>
> Brown, on the other hand, has never been a successful CEO of an online
> auction house, so he couldn't possibly have the experience necessary
> to be governor.

I never said Whitman was great. I said we had better hope she beats
Brown. If anything he was a worse governor than Arnold.

> - Bob T

------�

Paul Popinjay

Jun 9, 2010, 6:14:27 PM6/9/10
"Iceman" <oneo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> California should elect Willie Brown governor.

Be kinda difficult since he's no longer with us. Didn't he die about two
years ago?

Bob T.

Jun 9, 2010, 6:33:42 PM6/9/10
On Jun 9, 3:14 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Iceman" <oneofc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > California should elect Willie Brown governor.
>
> Be kinda difficult since he's no longer with us.  Didn't he die about two years ago?

He did? Then who is ghost-writing his column in The Chronicle?
Heh... ghost-writing... maybe he is writing the column from beyond the
grave.

- Bob T

Paul Popinjay

Jun 9, 2010, 6:58:55 PM6/9/10
"Bob T." <b...@synapse-cs.com> wrote in message

Can't you ever just spell it out, Bob? Is he dead, or not? Yes, or no?

Bob T.

Jun 9, 2010, 8:59:59 PM6/9/10

No.

- Bob T

Iceman

Jun 9, 2010, 11:09:49 PM6/9/10
On Jun 9, 5:14 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Iceman" <oneofc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

No, he's still alive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Brown_%28politician%29

Bill T

Jun 9, 2010, 11:23:14 PM6/9/10
OT, but I bumped into Whitman a few weeks ago. I was sitting at the
lobby bar in a Palo Alto hotel, sipping my wine, when she and a small
entourage walked by. We exchanged small pleasantries, but what struck me
was how physically enormous she was. Her head was gigantic, on the order
of the Rand-MacNally globes we had in classrooms as kids. She had a
brilliant smile, so dazzling that I suspect that some radioactive
material cover all those veneers. Not sure about her height, but close
to 6 feets, with shoulders and built to match.

If if I didn't know her to be a billionaire and gubernatorial candidate,
I would still have been struck by her sheer size. For a woman, she is
big bordering on freakishness.

FL Turbo

Jun 9, 2010, 11:42:32 PM6/9/10

Oh, c'mon now.

You think any Conservative woman is freakish.

Somehow, the air in a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.