Question on the Pick 3 Lottery. Please comment.

Lopez

Sep 27, 2009, 2:09:36 PM9/27/09
Does anybody in here make a living through the lottery? Is there at least a
precise mathematical approach that deals with random numbers that even comes
close to predict a single digit of the pick 3 daily lottery?

nigel

Sep 27, 2009, 2:51:16 PM9/27/09
Lopez wrote:

> Does anybody in here make a living through the lottery?

Very unlikely. It's also very unlikely in the real world unless you
count one-off jackpot winners.

> Is there at
> least a precise mathematical approach that deals with random numbers
> that even comes close to predict a single digit of the pick 3 daily
> lottery?

Very likely.

Evil Nigel

gARY

Sep 27, 2009, 7:02:46 PM9/27/09
On Sep 27, 7:09 pm, "Lopez" <josemiguello...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ..... Is there at least a

> precise mathematical approach that deals with random numbers that even comes
> close to predict a single digit of the pick 3 daily lottery?

Yep, there is ...

http://www.fortclick.com/pick3/2if2/49/100.html

Robert Perkis

Sep 27, 2009, 10:56:35 PM9/27/09

gARY he's talking about the U.S. Daily Number games
where you pick three digits between 0 and 9 to play
and win by betting them to hit straight (as drawn)
or box (any order).

There are 1,000 formed numbers 000 through 999
10x10x10=1,000 pays $500. on a dollar actually
$499 and your dollar back.

220 boxed numbers
120 all different (123) pays $80.
90 with a double digit (122) pays $160.
10 with all three the same (111) pays ($500).

Typical wheels (10,3,2,3)=8 or Positional.

Robert Perkis / http://www.lotto-logix.com

Colin Fairbrother

Sep 28, 2009, 3:08:32 AM9/28/09
No need for prediction nonsense. Playing any one of the 22 sets of 10
permutations or combinations will give you a guaranteed 1 digit and
maybe more.

http://colinfairbrother.com/LottoPick3BaseNumbers.aspx

gARY

Sep 28, 2009, 8:13:22 PM9/28/09

Thank you Robert, this game is not for me.

Do loads of people actually buy tickets for this type of game?

This has got to be the worst lotto ever! In fact, what is the worst
lotto ever, do you know?

It's bad enough picking 'any drawn' let alone 'in drawn order'.

http://www.fortclick.com/lottery/combinations/wheeling.htm
http://www.justservices.com/9ukp.html

gARY

Sep 28, 2009, 8:19:04 PM9/28/09
On Sep 27, 7:09 pm, "Lopez" <josemiguello...@yahoo.com> wrote:

There is none.

Why even play a lotto that is not going to be (if you win JP) a life
changing occurrence??

You might as well play bingo, or some local raffle?

Robert Perkis

Sep 29, 2009, 12:51:58 AM9/29/09

Enough people play to make it worth the time and trouble
for the lottery to offer it. Loosely based on the old mob
numbers game it has a following due to the relatively low
odds and the fact you can buy your prize size by purchasing
as many tickets for the same number as you like.

There are only six possible orders of draw for all different
and three orders of draw for doubles so it isn't impossible.

nigel

Sep 29, 2009, 5:20:44 AM9/29/09
gARY wrote:

Off the top of my head, my first instinct would be the UK's Dream Number
because you can't buy a ticket without entering the main draw first and
you can't choose your own numbers.

> It's bad enough picking 'any drawn' let alone 'in drawn order'.

Treated as 3 x 1/10 lottos, it's sufficiently amenable to 'Antichrist'
techniques to make a profit at the bookies, provided you have access to
sufficient draw history.

Evil Nigel

Jack Ricci

Sep 30, 2009, 11:40:05 AM9/30/09

"Lopez" <josemig...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Does anybody in here make a living through the lottery? Is there at least
> a precise mathematical approach that deals with random numbers that even
> comes close to predict a single digit of the pick 3 daily lottery?
Pick 3 OR NOT TO Pick 3...That is the question...

...Word on the street has it that the government makes lottery money from
the people willing to chance losing it instead of buying their daily bread
milk, and not vice versa...

However...due to the bailout of all major banking and auto-building
corporations, as well as the welfare doled out to those who are now
replacing the original culture which founded and developed the wealth and
prosperity and rights which have been confiscated from all North Americans,
...not even the governments have any money left.

...So, in Canada, they came up with yet a newer lottery for us to fall all
over on in case they can fool us some more... MAX-MILLIONS

They took our National Super 7/47 game and made it a 7/49 game with over
28 million to one odds!
...Oh ,you still get 3 lines per play...You pick or quick-pick one line of 7
numbers out of 49, and the machine randomly prints you two extra
lines...formerly a $2 play...NOW A $5 PLAY!!!!!

Apparently, when the rollover jackpot hits 50 Million tax-free Canadian
Dollars...and it will often no doubt...They will have 10 additional 1
million dollar draws, with prizes only for those who match all 7 numbers on
the 10 additional tickets drawn above and beyond the main 50 Million Dollar
draw event.

I'M NOT PLAYING...

LottoHackJack

nigel

Sep 30, 2009, 11:51:32 AM9/30/09
Jack Ricci wrote:

> However...due to the bailout of all major banking and auto-building

> corporations,...

> ...not even the governments have any money left.

Several financial authorities reckon the UK might be bankrupt by
Christmas. However this hasn't stopped President Brown making a
commitment to a legally binding obligation for the UK government to
increase the proportion of its budget going to overseas aid.

Two of the 'poor' countries we chuck money at, India and China, have
nuclear weapons programmes and are developing space programmes.

You couldn't make it up....

Evil Nigel

geriff

Sep 30, 2009, 12:01:49 PM9/30/09

"Two of the 'poor' countries we chuck money at, India and China, ...
are developing space programmes."
for the poor shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Nick UK

Sep 30, 2009, 12:40:11 PM9/30/09

"geriff" wrote..

> the poor shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.

..but not the mineral rights!

geriff

Sep 30, 2009, 1:24:20 PM9/30/09

...how bout the fossil rights?

Nick UK

Sep 30, 2009, 2:04:50 PM9/30/09

"geriff" wrote..

> ...how bout the fossil rights?

Hmmmmm?

Not sure about the 'poor' inheriting the fossil rights?
I suggest you ask either..

'Colin F'
or
'Big Eye Guy' now posting as.. Harry

Apparently, those two know-alls, er.. know all!
Tedium-ad-nauseum!

Robert Perkis

Sep 30, 2009, 2:16:24 PM9/30/09

What a pity. A 7/49 game would be interesting due to the
even divide not usually found in lottery games. If the
four number prize is worth trying for the seventh number
raises the coverage of lower tier prizes per ticket. The
$5 for one selected ticket and two quick picks really stinks,
the game should be boycotted and complaints filed.

geriff

Sep 30, 2009, 3:28:21 PM9/30/09
On Sep 30, 2:16 pm, Robert Perkis <robe...@icdus.com> wrote:
> Jack Ricci wrote:
>
> > "Lopez" <josemiguello...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Robert Perkis /http://www.lotto-logix.com- Hide quoted text -

"What a pity. A 7/49 game would be interesting due to the
even divide not usually found in lottery games."

what petty... pity? you can divide 49 by 6 and have one number
missing. just add one more combo with the missing number and 5 more of
your heart's desire. play em all but dont repeat previous jackpot
combos...

"the game should be boycotted and complaints filed"

wha game u talkin about? :)

Robert Perkis

Sep 30, 2009, 5:55:51 PM9/30/09

Ah, but which five do you add to the missing number?
There is an advantage to having all the numbers in
the minimum number of lines.

I don't think it is any accident most games can not be
divided into evenly by the numbers drawn.

> "the game should be boycotted and complaints filed"
>
> wha game u talkin about? :)

The new Canadian Super 7/49, lotto poster child for
how to piss off customers.

Robert

nigel

Sep 30, 2009, 6:04:20 PM9/30/09
Robert Perkis wrote:

> geriff wrote:
>
>>On Sep 30, 2:16 pm, Robert Perkis <robe...@icdus.com> wrote:

<schnipp>

>>"the game should be boycotted and complaints filed"
>>
>>wha game u talkin about? :)
>

> The new Canadian Super 7/49, lotto poster child for
> how to piss off customers.
>
> Robert

Perhaps the FAQ should contain a blacklist of lotteries to be avoided,
lotteries where you can't choose (all) your own numbers, lotteries where
PRNGs are used, lotteries where the draws are made in secret, lotteries
which you can't play without entering another competition first.

The Canadian Super 7/49, the UK Dream Number and the British Columbia
6/49 can be the first three entries.

Any other blacklist criteria, or 'bad lottery' nominations?

Evil Nigel

Nick UK

Sep 30, 2009, 7:18:56 PM9/30/09
<comments embedded>

RGL's Niggle, aka.. "nigel" wrote..

> Perhaps the FAQ should contain a blacklist of lotteries to be avoided,
> lotteries where you can't choose (all) your own numbers, lotteries where
> PRNGs are used, lotteries where the draws are made in secret, lotteries
> which you can't play without entering another competition first.

What a good idea.. Niggle!

> The Canadian Super 7/49, the UK Dream Number and the British Columbia 6/49
> can be the first three entries.
>
> Any other blacklist criteria, or 'bad lottery' nominations?
>
> Evil Nigel

Hmmmmmm:

Let's make the fourth entry in your proposed FAQ blacklist, the UK 'Dream
Number' draw: also known in UK lottery circles as the UK 'nitemare' draw.

Instead of beating about the bush, Niggle, with..

> lotteries which you can't play without entering another competition

> first..

..why not simply state *which* draw you are obviously referring to, i.e..

..the UK *Dream Number* draw, rules of which *dictate* you *must* enter the
main 6/49 draw *before* you can play that stoopid fkn nitemare 'Dream
Number' draw! It is the UK draw where the Lottery Dictators state that the
player is *not* allowed to select his/her own numbers!

Yeah yeah (we know) all in aid of the 2012 Olympic Games to be held here in
the UK, aka ROB (Rip-Off-Britain).

Once *again* you refrain from stating the facts and the obvious, Niggle!
Hence your niggling little title..

Niggle!

geriff

Sep 30, 2009, 7:30:14 PM9/30/09

is it harry poster?

geriff

Sep 30, 2009, 7:35:05 PM9/30/09

looks more like paul mccoy/jacques ricci..

Lookup IP Address: 199.212.17.130

General Information
Hostname: ecdor130.cmc.ec.gc.ca
ISP: Environment Canada
Proxy: None detected
Type: Unknown
Blacklist:

Geo-Location Information

Country: Canada
State/Region: ON
City: Ottawa
Latitude: 45.4167
Longitude: -75.7
Area Code:

Geo-Location Map

Nick UK

Sep 30, 2009, 8:03:27 PM9/30/09
<comments embedded>

"geriff" wrote..

> is it harry poster?

For all I know, it could be Harry Potter!

> looks more like paul mccoy/jacques ricci..

Alternatively, *you* could be false-accuser McCoy

..or the Usenet devil himself..

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh.. John-fkn-Griffin!

Quite obviously you are an RGL regular, posting under the new handle of
'geriff'!

Perhaps you're the RGL shit-shifter.. geriatric Gerry (aka RGL's
Lotto-plumber?).

Doubt very much if you are Jack Ricci.

But make no mistake Mr 'geriff'.. you *will* be exposed!

Hmmmmmm: this looks like a job for Paracelsus!

Rich

Sep 30, 2009, 9:34:45 PM9/30/09
On Sep 30, 11:40 am, "Jack Ricci" <ri...@mnsi.net> wrote:
> ...So, in Canada, they came up with yet a newer lottery for us to fall all
> over on in case they can fool us some more... MAX-MILLIONS
>
>    They took our National Super 7/47 game and made it a 7/49 game with over
> 28 million to one odds!

for one line that's approx. 1 in 84 million. yikes !

> ...Oh ,you still get 3 lines per play...You pick or quick-pick one line of 7
> numbers out of 49, and the machine randomly prints you two extra
> lines...formerly a $2 play...NOW A $5 PLAY!!!!!

What are they smoking over at OLG ?
Apparently they are preying on the hardcore lottery players, who don't
give a hoot how much it costs.
Looks like they got a lot of suckers for the first draw.
I guess they are following the trend in the rest of the economy, pay
MORE ---> get less.

>    Apparently, when the rollover jackpot hits 50 Million tax-free Canadian
> Dollars...and it will often no doubt...They will have 10 additional 1
> million dollar draws, with prizes only for those who match all 7 numbers on
> the 10 additional tickets drawn above and beyond the main 50 Million Dollar
> draw event.
>
>    I'M NOT PLAYING...
>
> LottoHackJack

...ditto

geriff

Sep 30, 2009, 11:01:37 PM9/30/09

"Quite obviously you are an RGL regular..."

regular yes. but you are irregular. h paper is not expensive these
days... prefer queens or prezes or \hairmen...?

Robert Perkis

Oct 1, 2009, 12:57:29 AM10/1/09

nigel

Oct 1, 2009, 7:38:21 AM10/1/09
Nick UK wrote:

> <comments embedded>
>
> RGL's Niggle, aka.. "nigel" wrote..
>
>>Perhaps the FAQ should contain a blacklist of lotteries to be avoided,
>>lotteries where you can't choose (all) your own numbers, lotteries where
>>PRNGs are used, lotteries where the draws are made in secret, lotteries
>>which you can't play without entering another competition first.
>>

> What a good idea.. Niggle!
>

>>The Canadian Super 7/49, the UK Dream Number and the British Columbia 6/49
>>can be the first three entries.
>>
>>Any other blacklist criteria, or 'bad lottery' nominations?
>>
>>Evil Nigel

> Hmmmmmm:
>
> Let's make the fourth entry in your proposed FAQ blacklist, the UK 'Dream
> Number' draw: also known in UK lottery circles as the UK 'nitemare' draw.

Is this some sort of spoof? The list would now read 'The Canadian Super
7/49, the UK Dream Number, the British Columbia 6/49 and the UK Dream
Number'.

See also:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.lottery/browse_frm/thread/276df1eafc691926?hl=en#

from earlier in the thread.

Evil Nigel

nigel

Oct 1, 2009, 7:50:05 AM10/1/09
Robert Perkis wrote:

Thanks, an interesting link, although it only covers one aspect of my
criteria. Still, it raises the idea of a spectrum of lottery ratings.

Lower ratings would be given for lotteries where you can't choose (all)

your own numbers, lotteries where PRNGs are used, lotteries where the
draws are made in secret, lotteries which you can't play without

entering another competition first, lotteries where the returns are a
lower than average proportion of stakes and lotteries where you can't
win a life-changing amount of money (eg a minimum of 2 million UK
Pounds, 2 million Euros, 3 million US Dollars).

Personally I would give higher ratings to lotteries which publish
complete sets of draw histories, in drawn order, on their websites.

Does altruism play a part? Should lotteries receive higher ratings for
funding good causes like healthcare, schools and transport, and lower
ratings for acting as a government slush fund to bail out vanity
projects like the Millenium Dome and the 2012 Olympics.

(The UK government is actively canvassing soldiers wounded in
Afghanistan to see if they would like to lead a lottery-funded life
leading towards competing in the 2012 disabled Olympics. Nothing like
going out and inventing a good cause where one didn't previously exist.)

Evil Nigel

nigel

Oct 1, 2009, 8:50:01 AM10/1/09
nigel wrote:

> Thanks, an interesting link, although it only covers one aspect of my
> criteria. Still, it raises the idea of a spectrum of lottery ratings.
>
> Lower ratings would be given for lotteries where you can't choose (all)
> your own numbers, lotteries where PRNGs are used, lotteries where the
> draws are made in secret, lotteries which you can't play without
> entering another competition first, lotteries where the returns are a
> lower than average proportion of stakes and lotteries where you can't
> win a life-changing amount of money (eg a minimum of 2 million UK
> Pounds, 2 million Euros, 3 million US Dollars).
>
> Personally I would give higher ratings to lotteries which publish
> complete sets of draw histories, in drawn order, on their websites.
>
> Does altruism play a part? Should lotteries receive higher ratings for
> funding good causes like healthcare, schools and transport, and lower
> ratings for acting as a government slush fund to bail out vanity
> projects like the Millenium Dome and the 2012 Olympics.
>
> (The UK government is actively canvassing soldiers wounded in
> Afghanistan to see if they would like to lead a lottery-funded life
> leading towards competing in the 2012 disabled Olympics. Nothing like
> going out and inventing a good cause where one didn't previously exist.)
>
> Evil Nigel

Higher ratings should also go to lotteries which pay out immediately,
free of taxes. Lower ratings should go to lotteries where there have
been cock-ups or mechanical failures (eg UK Thunderball).

Evil Nigel

geriff

Oct 1, 2009, 12:58:37 PM10/1/09
On Oct 1, 7:38 am, nigel <use...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Nick UK wrote:
> > <comments embedded>
>
> > RGL's Niggle, aka.. "nigel" wrote..
>
> >>Perhaps the FAQ should contain a blacklist of lotteries to be avoided,
> >>lotteries where you can't choose (all) your own numbers, lotteries where
> >>PRNGs are used, lotteries where the draws are made in secret, lotteries
> >>which you can't play without entering another competition first.
>
> > What a good idea.. Niggle!
>
> >>The Canadian Super 7/49, the UK Dream Number and the British Columbia 6/49
> >>can be the first three entries.
>
> >>Any other blacklist criteria, or 'bad lottery' nominations?
>
> >>Evil Nigel

> > Hmmmmmm:
>
> > Let's make the fourth entry in your proposed FAQ blacklist, the UK 'Dream
> > Number' draw: also known in UK lottery circles as the UK 'nitemare' draw.
>
> Is this some sort of spoof? The list would now read 'The Canadian Super
> 7/49, the UK Dream Number, the British Columbia 6/49 and the UK Dream
> Number'.
>
> See also:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.lottery/browse_frm/thread...

> from earlier in the thread.
>
> Evil Nigel
>

> > Instead of beating about the bush, Niggle, with..
>
> >>lotteries which you can't play without entering another competition
> >>first..
>
> > ..why not simply state *which* draw you are obviously referring to, i.e..
>
> > ..the UK *Dream Number* draw, rules of which *dictate* you *must* enter the
> > main 6/49 draw *before* you can play that stoopid fkn nitemare 'Dream
> > Number' draw! It is the UK draw where the Lottery Dictators state that the
> > player is *not* allowed to select his/her own numbers!
>
> > Yeah yeah (we know) all in aid of the 2012 Olympic Games to be held here in
> > the UK, aka ROB (Rip-Off-Britain).
>
> > Once *again* you refrain from stating the facts and the obvious, Niggle!
> > Hence your niggling little title..
>
> > Niggle!- Hide quoted text -

"Perhaps the FAQ should contain a blacklist of lotteries to be

avoided,
>>lotteries where you can't choose (all) your own numbers, lotteries where
>>PRNGs are used, lotteries where the draws are made in secret, lotteries
>>which you can't play without entering another competition first."

problem is the FAQ per se is blacklist-ed! :)
lol
lol

Nick UK

Oct 1, 2009, 5:59:16 PM10/1/09

"geriff" wrote..

regular yes. but you are irregular. h paper is not expensive these
days... prefer queens or prezes or \hairmen...?

Interpretation required please!

What is 'h paper' and if it isn't expensive, how much is it?

What does 'prefer queens or prezes or \hairmen, mean?

Perhaps you were in the middle of chewing a brick when you posted your
response?

Hmmmmm: now let's look a bit more closely at your handle..

'geriff '

..take the first three letters (ger) and the last three letters (iff) as in
'Sheriff ' a title held by RGL leader of the pack.. 'Sheriff' Bob Perkis.

You certainly aren't RGL's 'Sheriff ' but you could well be the guy, who
(just like Colin F & false accuser Big Eye Guy) knows all there is to know
about the lottery and who regularly trumpets about it in this newsgroup..
tedium-ad-nauseum!

Well hello again and a warm welcome back to 'lotto-plumber' also known in
RGL circles as.. Geriatric Gerry!

geriff

Oct 1, 2009, 6:07:14 PM10/1/09

'kuk -

thats what i was afraid of. u would confuse h-paper for napkins. look
at ur mouth..

geriatric is not a word u should use in public... or zombie (look at
urself in the mirror)... or plumber'... or nauseum... u wont get a
place in a ...museum or mausoleum...

Robert Perkis

Oct 1, 2009, 6:08:44 PM10/1/09

Unless you live near a state line, in the U.S. you're
pretty much stuck playing in your own back yard so a
lottery rating system simply tells you your game is
better or worse then another state's game you can't
play in.

If and when state lotteries go online, where it becomes
possible to play any lottery from anywhere and chase the
best jackpot vs odds, that would be the time for such a
rating system to come into being.

Interestingly enough there is now something like that
for U.S. scratch games. See . . .

http://www.lottocrawler.com

Robert Perkis

Nick UK

Oct 1, 2009, 6:23:03 PM10/1/09

"geriff" wrote..

'kuk -

And 'kuk' you too!

Bw..ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

geriff

Oct 1, 2009, 6:27:17 PM10/1/09

""geriff" wrote..

'kuk -

And 'kuk' you too!"

now thats "original". sheepishly original... behehehehe..

Jack Ricci

Oct 2, 2009, 12:11:51 AM10/2/09

"Nick UK" <yada...@gmail.com> wrote in message

...Jeeeesh...Wheredahell is John Griffin?...

LottoHackJack

nigel

Oct 2, 2009, 5:53:55 AM10/2/09
Robert Perkis wrote:

> Unless you live near a state line, in the U.S. you're
> pretty much stuck playing in your own back yard so a
> lottery rating system simply tells you your game is
> better or worse then another state's game you can't
> play in.
>
> If and when state lotteries go online, where it becomes
> possible to play any lottery from anywhere and chase the
> best jackpot vs odds, that would be the time for such a
> rating system to come into being.

State and national lotteries are pretty much always going to have a
monopoly in their home territories. However there are such things as
butler services and, outside the USA, bookmakers who take bets on a
range of lotteries.

If there were a rating list for lotteries and it managed to mobilise
public opinion, perhaps it would encourage some states/nations to
improve their lotteries. What government, keen to encourage people to
play their lottery to give them more revenue, would be happy to see
their lottery rated 272 out of 273 in the world, and that information
widely disseminated across the internet and perhaps other media too?

It could also be a useful guide to any state/nation currently thinking
about setting up their own lottery.

> Interestingly enough there is now something like that
> for U.S. scratch games. See . . .
>
> http://www.lottocrawler.com
>
> Robert Perkis

Would it surprise you to learn that I have absolutely no interest in
scratchcards, and I've never bought one?

Evil Nigel

Nick UK

Oct 2, 2009, 7:05:23 AM10/2/09

"Jack Ricci" wrote in message news:ha3ui...@enews2.newsguy.com...

> ...Jeeeesh...Wheredahell is John Griffin?...
>
> LottoHackJack

The answer to your question Jacko, lies within your question.

Griffin is where he truly belongs.. in 'da-hell'

nigel

Oct 2, 2009, 7:19:12 AM10/2/09
Nick UK wrote:

He's in Griffin-heaven.

He eloped with Gail Howard.

Evil Nigel

geriff

Oct 2, 2009, 10:44:43 AM10/2/09
On Sep 27, 2:09 pm, "Lopez" <josemiguello...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anybody in here make a living through the lottery?  Is there at least a
> precise mathematical approach that deals with random numbers that even comes
> close to predict a single digit of the pick 3 daily lottery?

'pez, your original post was hijacked. you can google lottery skips.
the skips apply to pick3 lottery too.

Jack Ricci

Oct 3, 2009, 9:28:40 AM10/3/09

"Lopez" <josemig...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Does anybody in here make a living through the lottery? Is there at least
> a precise mathematical approach that deals with random numbers that even
> comes close to predict a single digit of the pick 3 daily lottery?

I feel you can make a little money with some whacky strategies available
online and in lottery forums, if you play online at 5 dimes ( reputable, but
maybe illegal in your area ). However, even 5 dimes has made changes that
prevent a run on their bank because some people were betting enough and
winning big enough to eventually discourage the above-average payouts to
winners by 5 dimes. They appear to have implemented limits to the plays
which weren't enforced originally.

LottoHackJack

P.S. Check Lotterypost.com