Krups staem better w/o nozzle !?

Daniel Forslund

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

Hi !

As a followup to my recent posting about steaming with my Krups 4000,
I'd just like to share my experience. I followed Keith Bell's advice and
removed the "prefect steam" thing and used just the nozzle itself to
steam with. What a difference ! The foam was much better and the milk
heated up in no-time. I seriously recommend anyone using Krups machines
to remove the foam nozzle. It just isn't needed.

Any thoughts, comments ?

Best regards,
Daniel Forslund

Frank Lemire

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

In article <3574FA65...@dfv.se>, Daniel Forslund <dan...@dfv.se> wrote:
>Hi !
>
>As a followup to my recent posting about steaming with my Krups 4000,
>I'd just like to share my experience. I followed Keith Bell's advice and
>removed the "prefect steam" thing and used just the nozzle itself to
>steam with. What a difference ! The foam was much better and the milk
>heated up in no-time. I seriously recommend anyone using Krups machines
>to remove the foam nozzle. It just isn't needed.

I have the Krups Il Primo, it also comes with that Perfect Froth attachment.
It certainly provides huge amounts of froth, but I took it off soon over
getting the machine, because I can make reams of foam without it (I learnt
on a commercial machine). I think they include this gadget for those new to
the craft - that fair-sized section of the population that ends up returning
machines because they cant make cappuccinos like they get in resturants.
the perfect frother makes great froth with no skill. once you get the hang
of proper steam action - you dont need the perfect froth training wheels
anymore.

Frank Lemire
[ be abducted : http://playpen.zooid.org/ ]

Keith Bell

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

In article <3574FA65...@dfv.se>, dan...@dfv.se wrote:

> Hi !
>
> As a followup to my recent posting about steaming with my Krups 4000,
> I'd just like to share my experience. I followed Keith Bell's advice and
> removed the "prefect steam" thing and used just the nozzle itself to
> steam with. What a difference ! The foam was much better and the milk
> heated up in no-time. I seriously recommend anyone using Krups machines
> to remove the foam nozzle. It just isn't needed.

Only that I agree with you.

Another thing that works is to put your finger on the top of the second
tube that goes into the perfect froth rubber thingy. It has roughly the
same effect. Once the milk is warm enough, remove your finger and the
prefect froth will now froth more prefectly. That would be for people not
that good at frothing.

-Keith
remove the remove_this to e-mail me.

Bogiesan

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

Seekers,
The frothing doodads are mostly marketing scams designed to differentiate
one mfr's machine from the rest of the pack. Good "training wheels" (Hey,
Frank, can I use this in the next version of my MiniFAQ?) but in a few days'
practice you'll be tossing the little rascal in the back of drawer and
forgetting about it.
These things produce big bubbles. When you get better at frothing you'll
be able to produce a texturized milk that is full of microbubbles.
However ...
There is an exceptional frothing device on the market these days. You'll
see it on many of the home machines now coming from Italy. (All of the mfrs
seem to be buying the same little doodad.)
It is a small cup-shaped object that fits on the steam wand and there is
a long flexible tube that connects it to a separate milk reservoir. Steam
provides a low pressure area that draws milk thru the tube and into the
"vortex" chamber. Goofy, but it works, darn it. This system creates acceptably
smooth milk froth.
You can see it on Saeco, La Pavoni, Gaggia, and amny others.
yours,

David Bogie, aspiring boxmaker
hopeless espresso hound
Keeper of the MiniFAQ on Home Espresso Machines

jamesl...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2019, 2:30:03 PM4/9/19
I disagree. My only problem with the Krups milk frother attachment is losing the little plastic tip from the top of the metal tube (it just pushes in). I solved the problem by pop riveting a 1/8 pop rivert into the end and then drilling a 1/16" hole in it to let the overflow steam escape. Now it makes perfect foam and the pop rivet at the top will never come out.