Please help me out!

Sharlene

Sep 2, 2011, 12:08:59 PM9/2/11

Hello Everyone. I hope that you all are having a fabulous day. I have a
favor to ask and everyone is welcome to participate and assist me on
this. I am a college student taking an Anthropology course on food and
culture. We were assigned the task of conducting an interview of two
people from two different cultures pertaining to the kinds of
food/cuisine within their culture. After the interview, we are
instructed to write a 6 page “Ethnographic report”, which is due on
October 2, 2011. I am trying to get an early start on this report and
not wait at the very last minute. 6 pages is a lot of writing. Please
don’t hesitate to help out. I would greatly appreciate it, and thank you
all so much and from the bottom of my heart.

Here are the following questions: (Please be as descriptive and detailed
as you can)
1. What is your name? Where are you from?
2. What is your favorite food? Drink? Tell why it is your favorite.
3. What food (i.e. vegetables, fruits, meat, grains) are a staple in
your cultures diet? And why?
4. What is a traditional family breakfast, lunch, and dinner consist of?
And how is it prepared?
5. Name two or more food delicacies served traditionally in your
culture, and that other outside cultures would consider bizarre to eat.
Explain.
6. What are some of you fondest memories that you have about food
growing up? Explain.

You have the liberty of writing as much as you desire, in fact the more,
the better. Thank you all again for taking the time out of your day to
help out a struggling college student do well in her class. I will let
you know how well I did on this paper. Thanks and wish me luck!

Sharlene

--
Sharlene

Chemo the Clown

Sep 2, 2011, 5:04:58 PM9/2/11
On Sep 2, 9:08 am, Sharlene <Sharlene.8a6f988.898...@foodbanter.com>
wrote:

hmmmmm....what college are you going to?

Julie Bove

Sep 2, 2011, 5:40:53 PM9/2/11

"Sharlene" <Sharlene.8a...@foodbanter.com> wrote in message

Too many questions I can't answer. I'm an American. I don't have too many
fond memories of food growing up. We had no traditional foods in our house.
I don't eat anything bizarre. My "culture" doesn't have a diet. I would
mostly eat Mexican food if I could. And no part of me is Mexican.

merryb

Sep 2, 2011, 5:59:06 PM9/2/11
On Sep 2, 2:40 pm, "Julie Bove" <julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:
> "Sharlene" <Sharlene.8a6f988.898...@foodbanter.com> wrote in message

So it makes me wonder why you even post to this group? Most people who
post here have some love of food or knowledge of food, or curiousity
in even trying something different...

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Sep 2, 2011, 6:17:18 PM9/2/11
In article <Sharlene.8a...@foodbanter.com>,
Sharlene <Sharlene.8a...@foodbanter.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone. I hope that you all are having a fabulous day. I have a
> favor to ask and everyone is welcome to participate and assist me on
> this. I am a college student taking an Anthropology course on food and
> culture.

It's almost always a bad sign when the email addy is from the organization
listed in the header...spammers aren't the smartest folks

Chemo the Clown

Sep 2, 2011, 6:26:22 PM9/2/11
wrote:
> Hello Everyone. I hope that you all are having a fabulous day. I have a
> favor to ask and everyone is welcome to participate and assist me on
> this. I am a college student taking an Anthropology course on food and
> culture. We were assigned the task of conducting an interview of two
> people from two different cultures pertaining to the kinds of
> food/cuisine within their culture. After the interview, we are
> instructed to write a 6 page “Ethnographic report”, which is due on
> October 2, 2011. I am trying to get an early start on this report and
> not wait at the very last minute. 6 pages is a lot of writing. Please
> don’t hesitate to help out. I would greatly appreciate it, and thank you
> all so much and from the bottom of my heart.
>
> Here are the following questions: (Please be as descriptive and detailed
> as you can)
> 1.      What is your name? Where are you from?

My name is Jose Jimenez. I am from Mehico.

> 2.      What is your favorite food? Drink? Tell why it is your favorite.

I like tacos. I like tacos because I do.

> 3.      What food (i.e. vegetables, fruits, meat, grains) are a staple in
> your cultures diet? And why?

My name is Jose Jimenez. I like rice and cheekin.

> 4.      What is a traditional family breakfast, lunch, and dinner consist of?
> And how is it prepared?

We are too poor to eat brakefast.

> 5.      Name two or more food delicacies served traditionally in your
> culture, and that other outside cultures would consider bizarre to eat.

We like canine.

> Explain.

My name is Jose Jimenez.

> 6.      What are some of you fondest memories that you have about food
> growing up? Explain.

My name is Jose Jimenez.

> --
> Sharlene

Nunya Bidnits

Sep 2, 2011, 6:32:00 PM9/2/11

What part of that is spam? There are plenty of truly ignorant posts from
foodbanter where your comments would actually make sense.

It's one of the more intelligent and purposeful posts I've ever seen from
foodbanter, although I admit if no one had replied I would not have seen it.
However the questions are not difficult and I'm tempted to reply.

The question in my mind is whether she realizes this is going to RFC, and
whether she has enough presence of mind to read and reply here and not on
foodbanter if she wants some help, since many of us do not allow foodbanter
to archive our posts.

If she responds to this message I'll help her out. If not, then not.

The one thing she needs to do, however, is give people an off list email
addy or interactive website to use when responding. People are less likely
to hand out this information on a public group IMO.

MartyB

Feranija

Sep 2, 2011, 7:38:23 PM9/2/11

You forgot to provide those answers about yourself first.

Message has been deleted

Nunya Bidnits

Sep 2, 2011, 9:20:10 PM9/2/11
Feranija <fera...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
>> Here are the following questions: (Please be as descriptive and
>> detailed as you can)

> You forgot to provide those answers about yourself first.

You forgot to think before posting.

Mark Thorson

Sep 2, 2011, 11:24:39 PM9/2/11
Sharlene wrote:

> Hello Everyone. I hope that you all are having a fabulous day.

No, you don't. You're just another foodbanter scam artist.

zxcvbob

Sep 2, 2011, 10:48:13 PM9/2/11
Sharlene wrote:
> Hello Everyone. I hope that you all are having a fabulous day. I have a
> favor to ask and everyone is welcome to participate and assist me on
> this. I am a college student taking an Anthropology course on food and
> culture...

What are you wearing?

Polly Esther

Sep 2, 2011, 11:11:28 PM9/2/11

"Chemo the Clown" <My name Jose Jimenez.

I use that name when a telemarketer manages to get me on the phone. (
Doesn't happen much.) Where oh where does that line come from? Was that a
regular funny on Ed Sullivan long, long ago? I'm not about to tell someone
who calls here without a recognizable phone i.d. who I am.
They've got about 5 words before I simply put the phone down and leave
their computer's urgent message looping.
My name José Jimenez. Polly

Julie Bove

Sep 2, 2011, 11:46:06 PM9/2/11

I do love some food. Where did I say that I didn't? In fact I said I would
eat Mexican food most of the time if I could. What's your problem?

Julie Bove

Sep 2, 2011, 11:47:52 PM9/2/11

*snicker*

zxcvbob

Sep 3, 2011, 2:14:11 AM9/3/11

A character created by comedian Bill Dana

-Bob

Message has been deleted

zxcvbob

Sep 3, 2011, 9:54:27 AM9/3/11
l, not -l wrote:

> On 2-Sep-2011, "Polly Esther" <Poll...@cableone.net> wrote:
>
>> "Chemo the Clown" <My name Jose Jimenez.
>>
>> I use that name when a telemarketer manages to get me on the phone. (
>> Doesn't happen much.) Where oh where does that line come from? Was that a
>>
>> regular funny on Ed Sullivan long, long ago?
>
> You may have seen him on the Ed Sullivan show; for a while, he was a very
> popular character and showed up all over the place. The character, playe by
> Bill Dana, was originated on the Steve Allen show in the late '50s. Steve
> Allen had a number of comedians who played various "man on the street"
> characters on his show; among them were Dana, Don Knotts, Tom Poston, Pat
> Harrington.
>
> IIRC, Jose Jimenez was the only character to become popular enough to appear
> on other TV shows of the day.

Kinda like Raymond J. Johnson Jr. in the 1970's and early 80's. (Well,
you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johhny,
or...)

-Bob

Dave Smith

Sep 3, 2011, 11:37:33 AM9/3/11
There is not much to think about. The OP was from foodbanter, those
those typically involve a post from a new user who poses a dumb either
announces that he/she is new to the forum and wants to say hi, or they
ask a dumb question and are never heard from again.

sf

Sep 3, 2011, 1:37:49 PM9/3/11
On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 08:54:27 -0500, zxcvbob <zxc...@charter.net>
wrote:

> Kinda like Raymond J. Johnson Jr. in the 1970's and early 80's. (Well,
> you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johhny,
> or...)

But "but you doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

I never understood that joke until I started reading usenet. There
are a lot of dirty minded people here.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

sf

Sep 3, 2011, 1:39:22 PM9/3/11

Which is why you won't miss a thing if you put the entire foodbanter
domain in your kill file.

Dave Smith

Sep 3, 2011, 1:55:46 PM9/3/11
On 03/09/2011 1:39 PM, sf wrote:

>> There is not much to think about. The OP was from foodbanter, those
>> those typically involve a post from a new user who poses a dumb either
>> announces that he/she is new to the forum and wants to say hi, or they
>> ask a dumb question and are never heard from again.
>
> Which is why you won't miss a thing if you put the entire foodbanter
> domain in your kill file.

I did, but lots of others replied to the OP. Granted, most did not take
the question seriously.

sf

Sep 3, 2011, 3:01:40 PM9/3/11
On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 13:55:46 -0400, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I did, but lots of others replied to the OP. Granted, most did not take
> the question seriously.

Yeah, they think they're stand up comedians. Same with those who
reply to spam I'd never see except they were too busy patting
themselves on the back for being so clever.

Nunya Bidnits

Sep 3, 2011, 3:43:11 PM9/3/11

Could you repeat that in English?

Nunya Bidnits

Sep 3, 2011, 3:44:40 PM9/3/11
l, not -l <lal...@cujo.com> wrote:
> On 2-Sep-2011, "Polly Esther" <Poll...@cableone.net> wrote:
>
>> "Chemo the Clown" <My name Jose Jimenez.
>>
>> I use that name when a telemarketer manages to get me on the phone.
>> ( Doesn't happen much.) Where oh where does that line come from?
>> Was that a
>>
>> regular funny on Ed Sullivan long, long ago?
>
> You may have seen him on the Ed Sullivan show; for a while, he was a
> very popular character and showed up all over the place. The
> character, playe by Bill Dana, was originated on the Steve Allen show
> in the late '50s. Steve Allen had a number of comedians who played
> various "man on the street" characters on his show; among them were
> Dana, Don Knotts, Tom Poston, Pat Harrington.
>
> IIRC, Jose Jimenez was the only character to become popular enough to
> appear on other TV shows of the day.

He was a funny guy.

Nunya Bidnits

Sep 3, 2011, 3:45:33 PM9/3/11

No comparison. Johnson was a one trick pony. Dana was geniunely creative and
funny.

George Leppla

Sep 3, 2011, 4:00:57 PM9/3/11

blake murphy

Sep 4, 2011, 1:39:04 PM9/4/11

omgomg!!! someone is murdering posters from foodbanter!!!!

your pal,
blake