Why are they called Sloppy Joes???

ru...@online.com

Mar 30, 2012, 3:08:18 AM3/30/12
Why are they called Sloppy Joes???
Message has been deleted

Christopher M.

Mar 30, 2012, 2:52:32 PM3/30/12
<ru...@online.com> wrote in message
news:jrman7t3do704clm4...@4ax.com...
> Why are they called Sloppy Joes???

I think Mark Twain once said that it isn't a sloppy joe unless you get the
sauce on your ands and face--lots of sauce, and a soft roll to soak up the
sauce. You don't want to use toasted roll with a sloppy joe. Soft bread is
great for dipping in sauce. I'm a Pooh bear.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

sf

Mar 30, 2012, 3:21:21 PM3/30/12
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:08:18 -0600, ru...@online.com wrote:

> Why are they called Sloppy Joes???

It's a self-explanatory name if you've ever tried to eat it with your
hands! Mmmm. I want one now but I'll use a knife and fork, TY.

Just found a Sloppy Joe concept that's new to me

Rotisserie Chicken Sloppy Joes
http://www.fredmeyer.com/great_meals/leigh_ann_recipes/poultry/Pages/rotisserie_chicken_sloppy_joes.aspxIngredients:

1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 rotisserie chicken, pulled
6 kaiser rolls

Directions:

In a saucepan, add oil, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire
sauce and vinegar. Heat for 3-5 minutes. Add chicken; combine. Cover
and heat throughout, another 3-5 minutes.

Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half of each bun. Cover each
with top of bun.

Chemo the Clown

Mar 30, 2012, 3:00:32 PM3/30/12
On Mar 30, 11:52 am, "Christopher M." <nospam_flibb...@floo.com>
wrote:
> <r...@online.com> wrote in message
We should call them Sloppy Pooh's.

Brooklyn1

Mar 30, 2012, 4:16:15 PM3/30/12
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:21:21 -0700, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:08:18 -0600, ru...@online.com wrote:
>
>> Why are they called Sloppy Joes???
>
>It's a self-explanatory name if you've ever tried to eat it with your
>hands! Mmmm. I want one now but I'll use a knife and fork, TY.
>
>Just found a Sloppy Joe concept that's new to me
>
>Rotisserie Chicken Sloppy Joes
>http://www.fredmeyer.com/great_meals/leigh_ann_recipes/poultry/Pages/rotisserie_chicken_sloppy_joes.aspxIngredients:

So says the Queen of Sloppy Seconds.... LOL

Gary

Mar 30, 2012, 7:14:23 PM3/30/12
I've just saved recipe this for a future try. I love rotisserie chicken.

Gary
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

George M. Middius

Mar 30, 2012, 9:51:36 PM3/30/12
sqwishy has his own, personal, idiosyncratic definition of hypocrisy.

> troll's
> trolls
> trolls

You don't say.

> following me around like a Middiot <plonk>.

ahem....

Message has been deleted

George M. Middius

Mar 31, 2012, 9:16:22 AM3/31/12
MotoFox wrote:

> > Shut the fuck up.

> See that? Aside from making obviously mature statements like those, trolls
> willingly publicly plonk others. Glad to know I'm not one.

sqwishy's been reminiscing about the time before he became all alone,
and it's making him even crankier than usual.

Message has been deleted

ru...@online.com

Mar 31, 2012, 5:55:42 PM3/31/12
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:13:27 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:08:18 -0600, ru...@online.com wrote:
>
>> Why are they called Sloppy Joes???
>
>You already asked this question a month ago, asshole troll.
>
>-sw

PLONK