maccaroni and cheese

瀏覽次數:6 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

sher2000

未讀,
1999年11月2日 凌晨3:00:001999/11/2
收件者:
how do I make this without the blue and yellow box? thanks
in advance

J6505

未讀,
1999年11月3日 凌晨3:00:001999/11/3
收件者:
I make my mac and cheese by cooking the desired amount of mac. and melting
about a tablespoon of butter or marg. in the drained & cook mac. with a splash
of milk. I then add as much MEXICAN VELVETA CHEES (I use the HOT one) and
either stove top cook it (stirring regularly) or bake it. Occasionally when I
bake it, I top the casserole with bread crubs, especially if I am serving it to
guests.

J6505
J6505

IMOCKU

未讀,
1999年11月3日 凌晨3:00:001999/11/3
收件者:
>how do I make this without the blue and yellow box? thanks
>in advance

"Classic" Maccaroni and Cheese

1lb elbow maccaroni
4C shredded sharp cheddar (separated 3C and 1C)
4C heated milk
4T butter
1/4C flour
1t dried mustard (ie: Coleman's)
1t salt
Pinch of ground red pepper
Unflavored Breadcrumbs (for topping) that have been tossed with melted butter
(if you do not want to do this, just leave the breadcrumbs plain and spray them
with cooking spray after you top the casserole.)

Melt butter in a large sauce pan and the flour, stirring until smooth. Add the
hot milk to the pan bring to a boil (stirring constantly). Reduce heat to low
and stir frequently until it thickens a bit (about 10 minutes)*. After it
thickens, stir in the salt, mustard and red pepper.

*If it does not thicken enough, add an additional 1t of flour mixed with some
milk so that you don't get any lumps).

While the above is thickening, boil the pasta in well salted water until al
dente. Drain well and put the pasta back into the pot that you boiled it in.

Pour the milk mixture over the pasta and stir in 3C of the cheese.

Turn the mixture into a buttered casserole dish and top with remaining 1C of
cheddar and then breadcrumbs.

Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes or until the cheese browns and the mixture is
bubbly.

Ilene (LI, NY)
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That
way, when you criticize him, you are a mile away from him, and you have his
shoes.

Alan Boles

未讀,
1999年11月3日 凌晨3:00:001999/11/3
收件者:
There was a rather large thread on this a while ago goto www.deja.com
and search or macaroni and cheese or comfort food there will be 8-10
recipes for sure...

sher2000 <sher...@uswest.net> wrote in message

jim

sher2000 wrote in message <381FDDC0...@uswest.net>...

>how do I make this without the blue and yellow box? thanks
>in advance

Would you settle for red, white and blue box (Muellers) or perhaps green and
white (Creamette)? If so, here's the do

Cook and drain a 1lb boxoroni. Spread 1/3 of it in the bottom of a buttered
casserole. Top with a generous cup of grated extra sharp cheddar, another
1/3 roni, another big cuppa cheese, balance of the noodles and another
generous topping of cheese. Beat 2 eggs with a scant 1/4t cayenne, 1t salt
and 1t dry mustard and add ~ 3C milk. Stir to combine and pour over the
macaroni and cheese almost to the top. Bake at 350F for 45 - 60 minutes
until set and browned on top.

jim
kitchen witch of the South

HELEN PEAGRAM

未讀,
1999年11月3日 凌晨3:00:001999/11/3
收件者:
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: All Day Macaroni and Cheese (Ala Mr. Food)
Categories: Crockpot, Pasta
Yield: 1 Recipe

MMMMM-----------------FORMATTED BY TRISH MCKENNA----------------------
--
8 oz Elbow macaroni, cooked
-and drained

: Spray crockpot liner with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
Combine cooked, drained macaroni, evaporated milk, regular milk,
eggs, 3 cups of the cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Put into
crockpot and top with remining cup of cheddaar cheese.
: Set cooker to low, cover and cook for 5 or 6 hours.

: You can add your favorite seasonings or add-ins.

: No nutritional information available.

: FROM: The Mr. Food spot on our noon news program. Shown on
9/8/97. Formatted to MM by Trish McKenna on 9/10/97.

From: Date:

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Macaroni and Cheese with Vegetables
Categories: Pasta
Yield: 6 Servings

8 oz Pasta (bow-ties or ribbed)
3 tb Margarine, divided
1 tb Unbleached Flour
1/2 c Vegetable stock
3/4 c Milk
1/2 c Grated Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
1/2 c Grated Parmesan cheese(2 oz)
1 tb Chopped fresh parsley
1 ts Basil
1/4 ts Paprika
1/4 ts Black Pepper
2 c Broccoli florets
1 x Med sweet red pepper,chopped
1 c Sliced Mushrooms (3 oz)
2 x Scallions, sliced

Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, in med saucepan, melt 2 T of the margarine.
Remove from heat; add flour and stir until blended in. Whisk in stock
and milk, stirring over med heat until mixture comes to a boil and
thickens. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheeses and seasonings.
Continue stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and set
aside.
In a large skillet, melt remaining 1 T margarine. Add remaining
ingredients. Cook vegetables, stirring constantly, for about 5
minutes, until tender/crisp. Reduce heat to low. When noodles are
done, drain well. Toss with vegetables; stir in cheese sauce. Garnish
with scallion curls.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Men Like Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Pasta
Yield: 4 Servings

6 To 7 oz elbow macaroni
(about 2 cups)
2 tb Butter or margarine
1 tb P. flour
1 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
2 c Milk
2 tb P. grated onion
3 c Shredded process sharp
American cheese (about 12 oz

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook macaroni as directed on pkg. While
macaroni cooks, melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Blend in
flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is
smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling,
stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 mm. Place half the macaroni in
ungreased 2-qt. casserole; sprinkle with half the onion and cheese.
Repeat. Pour white sauce over casserole. Dot with butter. Cover; bake
30 mm. Uncover; bake 15 mm. longer.

6 to 8 servings.

From Betty Crocker Foods Men like From: Eleanor Creighton Date: 02
Aug 98

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Pasta
Yield: 6 Servings

3/4 lb Bacon (optional,
-but I think this
-really makes the dish!)
1/4 c Butter (Margarine will
-do in a pinch)
1 1/2 c Bread crumbs (unseasoned;
-don't use sourdough
-crumbs, either)
1 lb Elbow macaroni, uncooked
3 Scallions, chopped
-(up to 5)
1 1/2 lb Swiss cheese

Cook the bacon until it is very crisp. When done, blot dry.

Put the butter in a small frying pan and heat at a low temperature
until it's melted. When melted, add the bread crumbs and saute until
the bread crumbs are browned, stirring frequently to avoid burning
the crumbs.

Boil the macaroni in water according to directions on the package.
Don't overcook... it should be "al dente". A little olive oil added
to the pot will help prevent the macaroni from sticking together.
While the macaroni is cooking, grate the cheese and chop the
scallions.

When the macaroni is done, drain it in a colander. The "assembly" is
done in layers into a glass baking dish. Put a layer of macaroni on
the bottom, then cheese, the crumble bacon and scallions on top of
this. Make the layers thin; this way, you can get about three
pasta/cheese/bacon layers. When all of these are in the pan, top with
the bread crumbs and bake at 325 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until
the bread crumbs are a little more browned and the cheese is melted.

Eat. However, it makes fantastic leftovers, so you won't want to eat
it all.

NOTES:

* Greatest Macaroni and Cheese in the Universe.

* Cooking the bacon in the oven or in a microwave works well for this
recipe. I find the best way to dry the bacon is to put a couple of
paper towels on top of an old brown paper bag, then the bacon, and
then a couple more paper towels on top of that, and then just pat
with the hand a few times. It's important to get the bacon dry or
the casserole will be too greasy.

: Difficulty: easy.
: Time: 20-30 minutes preparation, 20 minutes cooking.
: Precision: no need to measure.

: Helen Anne Vigneau
: {ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs,decwrl,ucbvax,sun}!dual!hav
: Dual Systems, Berkeley CA
:
: Hey, there's a great future as a fry cook! I could be manager in
two years.

: Copyright (C) 1986 USENET Community Trust

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Eggs, Pasta
Yield: 10 Servings

2 c Macaroni (uncooked)
8 oz Pkg. sour cream
10 oz Can cream of chicken soup
2 c Cheddar cheese, grated
1 ts Salt

Cook macaroni until tender; drain and set aside. Mix well the sour
cream, soup, cheddar cheese and salt. Mix together sour cream/soup
mixture with macaroni. Put into greased 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
Top with sliced cheese. Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes, until hot
and cheese melts.

By: Jeanette Shaw Source: Shelbyville (TN) Times-Gazette, October 22,
1991

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Sunbeam Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Pasta, Frypan
Yield: 6 Servings

8 oz Elbow macaroni
3 tb Butter or margarine
1/2 c Fine fresh bread crumbs
1 tb Grated onion
1 tb Flour
3/4 ts Salt
1/8 ts Pepper
1/4 ts Dry mustard
2 c Milk
1/2 lb Grated American cheese
Paprika

Cook and drain macaroni. Preheat frypan to 300 degrees F. Melt 2
tablespoons of the butter, add crumbs, brown, stirring. Remove. Add
remaining butter and onion, saute at 240 degrees F. blend in flour,
salt, pepper and mustard. Add milk gradually, stirring until smooth.
Stir in 3/4 of the cheese. Turn dial to off.

Fold in drained macaroni, and mix lightly with a fork. Top with
remaining cheese and crumbs. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover, open vent.
Bake at simmering point until bubbly and hot. Serve directly from
frypan. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Source: Sunbeam Electric Frypan Recipe Booklet
Typos by Dorothy Flatman 1996

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Pasta, Cheese
Yield: 6 Servings

2 tb Butter
1/4 c Flour
1 ts Salt
1/2 ts Dry mustard
1/4 ts Red pepper
2 1/2 c Milk
3 c Cheese, cheddar; grated;
Mixture of cheese if you
Have them
2 c Macaroni, elbow; uncooked;
Cooked al dente
1/4 c Bread crumbs; regular

In 3 quart saucepan melt margarine over low heat. Stir in flour,
salt, mustard and pepper until mixed well. Remove from heat.
Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stirring constantly, cook over
medium heat about 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
Stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted. Turn macaroni into
greased 3 quart casserole. Pour cheese mixture over macaroni, mix
well. Mix remaining cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over top of
casserole.

Can be made ahead of time, refrigerated and cooked later. Add 15 min
to cooking time.

Bake 375 oven 25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.

Serves 4 - 6 == Courtesy of Dale & Gail Shipp, Columbia Md. ==

Converted by MMCONV vers. 1.50

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Casseroles, Cheese, Pasta
Yield: 4 Servings

Text

Cook two cups elbow macaroni in boiling walted water, drain and
rinse. In double boiler, make white sauce using two cups of milk, one
tablespoon flour, one tablespoon butter, one teaspoon salt. When
cooked add one cup cut up cheese, cook until melted. When cool, beat
in one egg. Put macaroni in buttered casserold. Pour sauce over and
sprinkle with paprika. Bake in moderate oven about three quarters of
an hour.

Mrs. J. O. Beckwith, Out of Vermont Kitchens, 1939 MM format by Dave
Sacerdote

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Low-Fat Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Cheese, Pasta, Low fat
Yield: 6 Servings

8 oz Elbow macaroni
2 c Skim milk, divided
2 tb Unbleached flour
1/4 ts White pepper
2 ts Dry mustard
2 c Shredded nonfat/reduced fat
Cheddar cheese, divided

Cook the macaroni al dente according to package instructions. Drain,
rinse, and drain again. Set aside.

Place 1/2 of milk and all of the flour, pepper and mustard in a jar
with a tight fitting lid. Shake until smooth, and set aside.

Pour the remaining 1 1/2 c milk into a 2 quart pot and bring to a
boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the flour mixture
and cook, still stirring, for about 1 minute, or until thickened and
bubbly. Reduce the heat to low, and add 1 1/2 c of the cheese, and
stir until the cheese melts.

Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the macaroni. Coat a 2
quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and spread the
macaroni mixture evenly in the dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese
over the top, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until
bubbly around the edges. Remove the dish from the oven and let sit
for 5 minutes before serving.

Per 1 cup serving: 232 calories, 8 mg cholesterol, 0.7 g fat, 1 g
fiber,
20 g protein, 338 mg sodium

From "Secrets for Fat Free Cooking" by S. Woodruff, RD

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Joanna's Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Pasta
Yield: 4 Servings

2 c Uncooked macaroni *
3 tb Butter or margarine
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 tb Flour
1 ts Salt
1 ts Dry mustard
1 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
2 c Milk
2 1/2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
Topping
1 Roll **
2 tb Butter
3/4 c Shredded Cheddar cheese

* Cook macaroni according to package directions. ** I prefer hard
crust sourdough or french rolls

In large saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and cook until tender.
Stir in flour, salt. mustard, salt and pepper. All milk slowly,
stirring constantly, and cook until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Add cheese and stir until melted. Combine cooked macaroni and cheese
mixture and mix well. Pour into buttered casserole. (I use one
that's about 12" square). Top with topping and bake in 375 oven for
20 - 25 minutes.

To make topping: tear roll apart and use steel blade of food
processor to chop into fine bread crumbs. Melt better in small
saucepan then add crumbs and toss until covered with butter. Combine
buttered crumbs with cheese and spread over casserole.

I generally serve this with sauteed Kielbasa.

Kraft's Macaroni and Cheese is great and I always have boxes in the
cupboard as it's something my son can make in a hurry. However, "sure
doesn't compare to Mom's!"

As with many of my recipes, I evolved this from one I originally
found on a macaroni box.

From Earl Shelsby

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Old Fashioned Macaroni and Cheese
Categories: Pasta
Yield: 1 Servings

3 1/2 c Uncooked elbow macaroni (12
-oz.)
1/4 c Butter
1/4 c Flour
1 ts Salt
3/4 ts Dry mustard
1/2 ts Pepper
-Few dashes hot pepper sauce
3 1/2 c Milk
5 c (20 oz.) shredded cheddar,
-divided

Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until almost tender. Meanwhile,
in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt, mustard,
pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir until smooth. Drain
macaroni; combine with butter mixture in a large bowl and mix well.
Stir in milk and 4 cups of cheese. Pour into an ungreased 13x9x2"
baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until
bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand 5 minutes before
serving.

Serves: 12 From: "Reminisce Extra" Magazine Posted by: Debbie
Carlson - Cooking Echo

From: Debbie Carlson

MMMMM

--
In His Name
Helen Peagram

Arthur A. Simon, Jr.

未讀,
1999年11月4日 凌晨3:00:001999/11/4
收件者:
sher2000 wrote:

> how do I make this without the blue and yellow box? thanks
> in advance

You have a wonderful collection of suggestions here. I myself
have no recipe, as I start with a béchamel, augmented with
whatever cheese I prefer (Yes, Cheddar and also Velveeta... my
dirty secret), and bacon bits, minced sausage, minced bell pepper,
Texas Gunpowder (dried ground Jalapenos) very optional. Maybe
shredded bits of dried Ham. (Smithfield, related to another post)
Serve with Tabasco or other Cajun red sauce.

Boil up the mac, prepare the béchamel. Prepare the sauce with the
spices, and, since the cheese *may* not melt easily, shred the
cheese and mix with the sauce quite well. Put the boiled macaroni
in a casserole or microwave dish, mix well with the sauce and the
shredded cheese (this is a special case: if using a cheese that
does not melt well into a béchamel), and heat until the whole
thing gels.

Actually, this is a *safe* dish. Which means that it's hard to
turn up a serving that's not palatable. <G> Play with it and
enjoy the flavours. It's a major comfort food, especially when
the snow is on the ground.

Enjoy!

A- garnishing with Italian parsley bits...

--
- He must rule, who cannot govern. -

Michael Edelman

未讀,
1999年11月4日 凌晨3:00:001999/11/4
收件者:

IMOCKU wrote:
.

Now *that* is how to make mac and cheese!

IMOCKU

未讀,
1999年11月4日 凌晨3:00:001999/11/4
收件者:
>Now *that* is how to make mac and cheese!

It's a tried and true recipe! Thanks for the vote of confidence :-)

0 則新訊息