Discovery Channel - World of Horses with John Scott

Unicorn

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

HELP!!!!

The Discovery Channel started a new 13-part series, "World of Horses
with John Scott" on Tuesday, January 7th. Naturally, I didn't find out about
this until WEDNESDAY, so I missed the opening show.

If anyone taped it, and would be willing to send me a copy, I'd be
EXTREMELY grateful! There is suposed to be a half-hour show every tuesday
(the opener was an hour) with another 1-hour special THIS Sunday. I'll be
taping the rest of the series, but I REALLY need that opening one that I
missed...

If you can help me, PLEASE Email me at uni...@netcom.ca

THANKS in advance!!!

<Unicorn>

* If Love is a Sin, then may God Forgive Me. *

Grant Harris

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97
to Unicorn

Unicorn wrote:

> HELP!!!!
>
> The Discovery Channel started a new 13-part series, "World of Horses
> with John Scott" on Tuesday, January 7th. Naturally, I didn't find out about
> this until WEDNESDAY, so I missed the opening show.
>
> If anyone taped it, and would be willing to send me a copy, I'd be
> EXTREMELY grateful! There is suposed to be a half-hour show every tuesday
> (the opener was an hour) with another 1-hour special THIS Sunday. I'll be
> taping the rest of the series, but I REALLY need that opening one that I
> missed...
>
> If you can help me, PLEASE Email me at uni...@netcom.ca

I have searched every source I have (5) and find no mention of this
series. I would like to add this series to my Horses On TV page, for the
benefit of those not on rec.eq.

Please let me know how you found out about the series and any other
information that may come your way. I'll do the same for you.

Thanks.

--
Grant Harris, Baltimore Horse Country
http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~gharris/home.html

Unicorn

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

In article <32D5AE...@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>, Grant Harris <gha...@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us> wrote:

>I have searched every source I have (5) and find no mention of this
>series. I would like to add this series to my Horses On TV page, for the
>benefit of those not on rec.eq.
>
>Please let me know how you found out about the series and any other
>information that may come your way. I'll do the same for you.

I think I've found the problem... The Discovery Channel has an
American version, and a Canadian Version. I've checked their WWW pages
(http://www.discovery.com and http://www.discovery.ca respectively) and
the show is only listed on the Canadian version. So, if there are any
CANADIAN viewers who managed to tape that first episode, PLEASE contact me in
Email...

Thanks!

Stuart McGuinness

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

In article <5b6208$d...@tor-nn1-hb0.netcom.ca>, Unicorn
<uni...@netcom.ca> writes

>In article <32D5AE...@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>, Grant Harris
><gha...@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us> wrote:
>
>>I have searched every source I have (5) and find no mention of this
>>series. I would like to add this series to my Horses On TV page, for the
>>benefit of those not on rec.eq.
>>
>>Please let me know how you found out about the series and any other
>>information that may come your way. I'll do the same for you.
>
> I think I've found the problem... The Discovery Channel has an
>American version, and a Canadian Version. I've checked their WWW pages
>(http://www.discovery.com and http://www.discovery.ca respectively) and
>the show is only listed on the Canadian version. So, if there are any
>CANADIAN viewers who managed to tape that first episode, PLEASE contact me in
>Email...
>* If Love is a Sin, then may God Forgive Me. *
There is also a European version.
--
Fran McGuinness

Make new friends,but keep the old,
One is Silver,the other Gold.

Joanne King

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97
to uni...@netcom.ca

uni...@netcom.ca (Unicorn) wrote:
>In article <32D5AE...@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>, Grant Harris <gha...@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us> wrote:
>
>>I have searched every source I have (5) and find no mention of this
>>series. I would like to add this series to my Horses On TV page, for the
>>benefit of those not on rec.eq.
>>
>>Please let me know how you found out about the series and any other
>>information that may come your way. I'll do the same for you.
>
> I think I've found the problem... The Discovery Channel has an
>American version, and a Canadian Version. I've checked their WWW pages
>(http://www.discovery.com and http://www.discovery.ca respectively) and
>the show is only listed on the Canadian version. So, if there are any
>CANADIAN viewers who managed to tape that first episode, PLEASE contact me in
>Email...
>
> Thanks!
>
> <Unicorn>

>* If Love is a Sin, then may God Forgive Me. *

I got it! It was all about rodeo bucking horses. The hour program
comes on tonight at 10:30. Then it's every Tuesday at 9:30 PM.

Joanne