What is everyone stitching???

shelia springer

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me
motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

Lynn

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
In article <70vpb3$mmo$1...@news-2.news.gte.net>,
"shelia springer" <she...@gte.net> wrote:

Ever since Jurassic Park came out, I've been looking for realistic
dinosaurs (No, no children - just one big kid; me), but all the ones I've
seen have been too "cutsey". I'll be darned, I was in Michaels and Cross
my-Heart had a dino chart. It has four realistic ones, four small cute
ones, and four small silhouettes.

I got that the same day I bought the sweatshirt and found Santa, so Santa
had to take precedence (to be finished by Christmas). Anyway, Santa was
completed last weekend.

So, what do I do? Start a realistic dino? Heck no. I grab a "blank" T
shirt, and am stitiching cutsey dinos on it! The T-rex is terrorizing the
tricerotops while the brachiosaur looks on. That's almost done. Then I'll
put a couple of terosaur silhouettes in the sky, maybe an outline of a
mountain, and voila!

Of course, I'm not a designer, and doing things "freehand" isn't exactly in
the top 10000000 of my talent list, but we'll see.

A Cross My Heart was the first chart I ever bought, and I've always liked
their attention to detail. Even these little guys (3" x 3") have perfect
shading. When Michaels took over Lee Wards, they stopped carrying them as
much as they used to, but at least they're on-line.

Lynn

Fabrics2U

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98

I'm finishing The Kiss - Mirabillia. I want to get it done by the end of
October but not sure I'll make it.
Kim

<she...@gte.net> writes:

>Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me
>motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
>of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
>on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

Fabrics2U
Now carrying Wichelt items and Caron Threads!
http://members.aol.com/fabrics2u/wichelt.html

Sherri L Wilcauskas

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
shelia springer (she...@gte.net) wrote:
: Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me

: motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
: of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
: on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

I'm doing the border for my first-ever round robin...... Miles
and miles of pine sampler threads, oh my.....

But the first exchange/handoff is Tuesday night, so whether the
border's done in time or not (I think it will be), it'll be out of
my hair for a while!!! :)

After Tuesday, I'll be working on the RR that gets passed on to me,
as well as a Stichworld carousel horses pattern for my nephew-to-be.
Only have to do the backstitching, beading, and silk ribbons (only?
*only*? someone find me the rubber room...... as long as I'm allowed
small sharps like stitching supplies.... *grin*)

Sherri

Diane M

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
What am I stitching now or tomorrow? ;D

I'm in a RR also and doing 3 miniatures.

And am doing TW's Castle on dusty lavender Meran for nighttime effect. I
love it and am having tons of fun with it.

Diane

Lawbag

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Home for Christmas Stocking - may finish by Nov 1,

then its back to the camel from the MarBek Nativity and Angel of Grace (never
ending project)

Kristen

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
>Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me
>motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
>of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
>on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

Currently...

Celtic Christmas (L&L) -- started eons ago.. just about half of the
beading to complete

1998 Christmas Angel (L&L) -- started last weekend... almost completed
the stitchwork and beading (this one I beaded as I went along, since I
already had the correct floss color for the area)... to be completed
as a Christmas ornament for my new (and only.. so far) nephew

Lavender Dream (Lesa Steele) -- from a recent JCS issue... almost
completed... down to the bottom section... hehehe this one's for me
tho!

(Mirabilia)... or perhaps the Noel banners from Emie Bishop...
decisions decisions!!... I think maybe both simultaneously.. rotating
back and forth... how's that for a compromise!! *grin*

Kristen

Basha333

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98

Well, I'm working on:

1. Sweetheart Tree's Pumpkin Time Heart (hope to finish this week!)
2. some kitties on a quilt by Donna Vermillion Giampa from The Cross Stitcher
(also hope to finish this week!)
3. ML-I's Celtic Christmas (hope to finish by Yule, but am not sure).

I have a few other projects waiting to go, but am putting them off until 1 & 2
are done.
I love all my projects! They are all different so I can pick or choose
depending on mood, where I'm stitching at, etc.

I also just got a new cat - actually, I should say that she found us and
accepted us as her family. A real Halloween cat - black with yellow eyes. Her
name, after much pondering on my part and grudging acceptance on her part (I
think!) is Morgan. She's about 7 months old - a real sweetie! So that's my
other project. :-)

Lisa in eastern San Diego County, CA

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -
Douglas Adams

Joi Ramey

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Right now, I'm stitiching a mother's sampler for my mom's Christmas
present. I promised her way back in January that I would make her
something for her house. After I finish that, I'll be working on an
antique sampler she picked out and also a pillow..all for dear old
mum! Like I said, I give away everthing I make!
Joi

ONLY U1975

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
I am stitching MLI's Angel of Love. I am working on the 284z stuff. I still
have the kreinik and the beading to do and then I am on to my next project
which is undecided as of yet.

Bethany

Karen Wells

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98

shelia springer wrote in message <70vpb3$mmo$1...@news-2.news.gte.net>...

>Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me
>motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
>of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
>on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

TW's Rapunzel. This is my first TW and I am more impressed with the design
the more I work on it. Just the richness of the color takes my breath away.

LEPFAN1

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Let's see. I'm STILL working on Titanic (contemplating not stitching half of
the hull and saying it hit the iceberg already), Mary Engelbriets "It's Good to
be Queen", A little project I take to work called "Deck the Dragon" and a
Thomas Kincade pre-printed thingy (should be done with that one this evening).

Lori

Richard

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
I am stitching on "No Bathing", a denmark chart of a cute little mouse
or mole diving into a pond; and Ross's Snow Leopard, and Blue Crab on
7ct Heatherfield.

Richard

Dennis & Karen Eichorst

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
As per my .sig, I'm doing Mr. Clemens (a sepia-toned portrait) and som
quilt block Christmas ornaments. I'm also doing a pin kit from Mill
Hill, and one of their renaissance angel kits. And I *so* happy I can
get back to stitching. We've been o busy getting the house ready to show
tht I haven't had time. As a procrastinator, it was particularly hard
for me. Thursday night, I got twenty minutes of sleep (at 6:30 am) and
Friday night, I got about four hours.

Karen E., Rochester, NY, who recommends Mr. Clemens highly, both the kit
from AmyBear and as an author....
Please remove ".chlorine" from e-mail address to reply

In some kind of rotation: Mr. Clemens, AmyBear; quilt block Christmas
ornaments, Kathy Elrod.

tam

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Working on TW's Castle. I too am having loads of fun - lots of color
changes.
Hope everyone's projects are going well.

tammy

Joe and Sue

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Count me in as another TW Castle stitcher....I'm doing it with BF on 28
count white jobelan. I'm almost half way done with it...just about to flip
the leaflet over and start on the bottom half. I'm also stitching a wedding
sampler for a friend and I am in a round robin, too.

Lynn

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
lep...@aol.com (LEPFAN1) wrote:

>Let's see. I'm STILL working on Titanic (contemplating not stitching half of

>the hull and saying it hit the iceberg already), [snip]

ROTFLOL!!!!!

This really cracked me up. Hey, I'll accept the story!

Lynn

TCAMOM

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I'm currently finishing things for Christmas. I just finished Drawn Threads
WINTER for my mother for Christmas. Now I'm working every so quickly on Just
Nan's Serena Angel for my mother in law. Would love to do one for my sis too,
but not sure I'll have time. Then after Serena comes several of the State
Ornaments of IL and MD for our sibilings to attach to their tin cans of goodies
I always send out to them for the holidays.

After Christmas back to my stuff and that will be back to working on TW's
Birdhouse Bellpull that was in JCS earlier this year. I also have Little
Mermaid and Madeline I'm working on for my little girl.

Shari

USAARNIE

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
A nativty tree skirt, was a Dimensions kit from at least five years ago, I have
one shepherd left to backstitch, then sew it up. Yippee!!
I'm almost done with a picture from LA's (Ithink) Best Loved Hymns, for my MIL,
I'm going to make it into a pillow. Have barely started Angel Procession, and
have two quilts in various stages, one is a jean quilt with left over jeans,
managed to save plenty of those with four children, the other quilt is a
kalidescope snowman design, it is so fun. But, I will finish the first two
projects on my list before I go back to quilting, I will, really and truly,
maybe.
Linda

Linda D.

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Hi ya,

I'm working on Sheperd Bush's 'Santaberry Pudding', Calico
Crossroad's 'In Sync' and a hardanger bellpull.

I recently finished the hardanger and crosstitch 'Joy'
bellpull from a Better Homes and Gardens mag....think it might have
been in CS & N at some point. I was commissioned by a friend of my
Mom's to stitch it, don't ask what I'm being paid because it will be a
pittance, but it did turn out very nice :)

Gotta get some Christmas ornaments and cards done...so much to
do so little time....(sigh)

Take care, Linda :) (Flit on #stitch)

MissyCor

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
TW's Noah's Ark Sampler, a Noah's Ark baby afghan, a random kitchen sampler, &
Mill Hill's Holiday Heart Sampler (completed about 20 minutes ago, yahoo!)

Melissa C.

connie

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I'm stitching Liz Turner Diehl's 16th Century English Family Garden that I
took in a class in Ontario. I figure if I can finish a "garden" a week and
a week for the border then I will be done in 16 weeks. Also working on
November Periwinkle Promise sampler--this for the I have to have it now
part of me.

Connie in CA

jol...@altavista.net

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I recently finished seven of the Prairie Garden flowers (Prairie Schooler) as
a bell pull. At the moment I'm doing the celtic cross in (green) blackwork
from an old New Stitches, as well as Waiting For Ships, which is not the
usual style at all for this male stitcher, but it will be a gift for my
sister, who loves mermaids. I almost don't like to admit how much I'm
enjoying doing this one.

John O'Leary

April Barnswell

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I'm stitching what I hope is the final model of my newest design. It's
an antique reproduction sampler and I'm pretty pleased with the way it's
turning out. I hope to have it ready to release in a couple of weeks.

After a recent trip to Williamsburg, and after acquiring some excellent
books on antique sampler, I can't get antique/reproduction samplers off
my mind. I'm thoroughly enjoying the use of linen and silk and those
wonderful motifs and earthy colors. I plan to do a lot of reproduction
samplers.

April
--
April Barnswell, designer
Cotton Crossing (http://www.cottoncrossing.com)

Rella

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Hi (delurk) and merry meet!

Well, here goes...

I am in the middle of a HUGE (75cm square) x-stitch called "magical throw"
that I found in a fantasy cross stitch book. It's a wizard casting a spell,
with the phases of the moon as a border. I've just finished the wizard
himself - it's taken me just over a year (mind you I've done lots of smaller
projects during that time, too!).

I also just completed a miniature birth sampler for a friend of mine who's
just had a little boy. It's a cute little one in a yellow frame with 3
ducks and a yellow rose. I got it in a kit with a weekly magazine I buy.

I also did another little kit of a caterpillar clip -- for holding letters
together etc. It was a 2-hour project.

And now, I am just starting "Welcome Wreath". I think it's a Dimensions
kit, I can't remember. That should be nice when it's finished! And after
that I'd better get started on the Magical Throw border!

Then I've got about 10 others to do. I must be suffering from, what is it?
S.E.X? Lol!

Blessings,
Rella

CPBrown48

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98

I just finished stitching Just Nan's Painted Lady. I found some fabric that has
all of the major colors in an ornate print with gold outline-matches it
perfectly-and will be making a quilted border for it. I finish all my small
Just Nans this way, then hang them on little black hangers, on a wall beside a
window where they fit just right.

I am also working on:

1. MLI's Summer Sampler on 18ct cream linen, about 1/2 done

2. Crossed Wing's Monarch Butterfly on silk gauze. My first attempt, and it is
going
well so far!

3. A new hardanger design that I have been playing with-Christmas colors in an
argyle type pattern on 32ct lambswool linen. Just trying to decide what
hardanger
fillings to put in the squares, and then its done.

Cindy Brown
cpbr...@aol.com
l___(_o_)_______l_l___O_o_O_O_)_o_o_O_O_O_l_9_O_O_O_l

Suzanne Root

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
April Barnswell wrote:

> I'm stitching what I hope is the final model of my newest design. It's
> an antique reproduction sampler

Well, these are the only words *I* have to hear! Do let us know when it is out,
I can't wait!

Suzy
(addicted to antique reproduction samplers)

Ladynoire

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
>I'm finishing The Kiss - Mirabillia.

I plan to do this one some day, too. I love this pattern, but I want to change
the sky colors to nighttime colors, instead. Any suggestions ?

Carol
Lady Richende de Bevilacqua
Canton of Kapellenberg, Barony of Wind Master's Hill
Atlantia

Ladynoire

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
>I am in the middle of a HUGE (75cm square) x-stitch called "magical throw"
>that I found in a fantasy cross stitch book.

What is the name of the book you found this in, I would love to do this one !

Steve Martin

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I'm currently working on TW's Angel of Frost... have been for a looong
time since work has taken me away from it for short periods. I have
Angelica in my stash, too :)

shelia springer wrote:

> Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me
> motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
> of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
> on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

--
Steve - Andover, KS (just east of Wichita), USA
Current Project: TW Angel of Frost

Erica D. Rodgers

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I am currently grid-basting my moss-green jobelan in preparation for
Mirabilia's Spring Queen.

I am also about 1/3 the way done with Ross's White Tiger. I'm stitching
him on dark evergreen. I got tired of staring at a sea of white and
off-white, so I have put him down for a while.

I have Cross My Heart's Black Panther (on black), Mirabilia's Elizabeth &
the Lavender Sky (on oyster) and Black Swan's Dragonheart (on black) all
about 1/4 the way done. Finally, I have Dimple's Gabriel (on sky-blue)
ready to be grid-basted, but I haven't decided what to do about his face
yet.

Not to mention the 6 or 7 other things I have kitted & ready to go, but
I've run out of frames!

-Erica.

Brenda Best

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Hi! I'm new here and finding all your posts very enlightening!

I bought a box full of old cross stitch magazines at a garage sale and trying to decide what project to do is so HARD!

Right now I'm working on Snowy Night which I found in the Nov/Dec 1990 copy of Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine. Drives my eyes crazy working with dark thread on dark aida by lamplight, but I can't stop!

Brenda
--
Brenda Best
Durhamville, NY

Cheryl Martin

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Hi!

My main project right now is "A Change of Pace" by Barbara and Cheryl. I'm
probably about 1/4 done. I'd be happy to hear from anyone else working on
this project!

I also have "Dollhouse" from an old JCS that I'm trying to finish for my Sis
for Christmas, "Dreamcatcher" (from a Leisure Arts leaflet), and "Sunset
Desert" (Amaryllis) - these last two are for me!

Happy Stitching!
Cheryl

Dennis & Karen Eichorst

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
CPBrown48 wrote:

> I am also working on:

> 2. Crossed Wing's Monarch Butterfly on silk gauze. My first attempt, and it is
> going
> well so far!

Ooh! Ooh! I got this kit at SOCS but haven't started it yet. I've done
two others from Crossed Wings, but overheard Dan Minckbridge (sp?) say
that the monarch was the most challenging of their gauze kits. That's
intimidating. Let us know how it turns out!

Karen E., Rochester, NY

Jill Spreenberg-Robinson

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Currently alternating between the 'NOEL' mantel swag (Emie Bishop) that
I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about by now ;-), six EB
'Christmas in my heart' ornaments and MLI's 1998 angel. Still need to
start seven Mill Hill ornament kits. And I hope to have all these done
by Thanksgiving!! YIKES! What am I doing on the 'puter? ;-)

Jill in IL
------------------
jrsp...@siu.edu

Ali866

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98

Amish Quilt Sampler (MLI)
Rapunzel (TW)
Peace Angel (MLI)
Catnip Tea (Just Nan)

Ali ;-) (not gonna even mention the three NP projects sitting around in various
stages of completion...)

Nooooobody expects the Rutabaga Dance and Tango Society ! - DJ 1998
To reply, remove .au

Kym

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Well I am currently stitching a dmc stitch-a-photo of my dapple grey Arab
Gelding, I gotta say I wish he was all one colour coz I have to keep
changing floss colour. Ahhhh well I still love him

Regards Kym xx

Noah David Stein

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Shelia, it motivates me too. I have loved reading this thread. Thanks for
asking! I am almost finished with "Down Home Christmas ABC's" by Jean
Farish Needleworks. It's a long stocking (36"). I bought it two years ago at
SOCS and needed something on Aida 14 to work on in the car for two trips we
took this past spring and summer totalling 14,000+ miles across the US and
up to New England from Boca Raton, FL. Got through "I" on the first trip and
through "R" on the second (must have been more to look at).

Next is to finish the Sunday Sampler from SOCS VF 98 and a chatelaine that I
bought there too.

Eliza (using my son's computer)
reply to eli...@juno.com

TCAMOM

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
>I'm almost done with a picture from LA's (Ithink) Best Loved Hymns, for my
>MIL,

Oooo, which one?? I have all three of the Best Loved Hymns booklets. I can't
decide which one I like best.

Shari
Ready to Start: TW Birdhouse Bellpull
Currently Stitching: Madeline, GWTW BBQ Dress
UFO: Holiday Cardnial Bow Tie
Finished in 1998: Aspiring Gardner by Sandi Gore Evans & Submarine Verse of
Naval Hymn

James and Laura

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Currently doing the most stitching on the North Pole Factory Bell Pull and My
Brother's Dragon, both designed by Vicki Hastings of the Cross Eyed Cricket. I
also have in rotation, Nancy Spruance's Victorian Miniatures (4 of the 6 are
done), and Teresa Wentzler's Storyteller. I throw in small projects in between
like ornaments and Mill Hill pins.

Laura

Matt & Kathy Hoover

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
In article <70vpb3$mmo$1...@news-2.news.gte.net>, she...@gte.net says...

> Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me
> motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
> of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
> on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

I have two things in rotation right now...a mini bellpull of butterflies
(the Zweigert freebie) for myself, and a wedding sampler for a first
anniversary gift for my SIL. It is from a leaflet called Samplers of the
Heart by Jan Brett. (Yes the same Jan Brett who does the wonderful
childrens' books...http://www.janbrett.com/ ) Wish I could convince
her to chart some of her wonderful animals!

Kathy
(my UFO pile is small, but my USO pile keeps growing!)
--

"Godspeed, John Glenn"
(and company)

Wombat

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I am working on the Rainforest Afghan designed by Robert White and published
by Graphworks International. I have been told the model on the front cover
took five years to stitch. I'm one third of the way through and it has
taken me less than a year. It's big, but not all that difficult.

Jim Boer

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I've just finished L&L's 1998 Christmas Angel. It was just a small
project, but the first time I did anything with beads. Thanks to all the
hints I've read in the past week or two, they were easy to do! Also have
done a kit of Christmas ornaments on 14-mesh plastic in a Southwest
Theme. Thought that was appropriate, since we've spent the past three
winters in the (cold) southwest. We were doing volunteer work near
Gallup, NM. Wilma

John & Lise Walker

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Started "Noel Bellpull" by Calico Crossroads, last
weekend (DH out of town for the weekend - watched
old movies and stitched my buns off....glorious!!)
Have all the lettering done (satin stitch and
kloster blocks) and am doing the cross stitched
bits now.

I bought this pattern a couple of months ago, and
while working on other projects, would pull it
out and look at it, read the instructions and
plan how to do it (stitching it on 28 count
instead of the recommended 16 count stitch band
recommend). Despite the chart name (Noel
Bellpull) I couldn't figure out the backstitching
instructions that noted to use #4 Kreinik braid to
stitch the "Inside line on the letter O" What the
heck is that, I wondered?? The night I started
it...I looked at the picture again and ...guess
what??? The satin stitching and kloster blocks
actually spelled the word NOEL :-)) Hello...
Anyway, when DH got home, I showed him my latest
work and asked him to look at the picture of the
bellpull and tell my what he saw. "Noel" he said
without a moments hesitation. Time to get the
eyes checked me thinks!! Lise

Robert and Elizabeth

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Matt & Kathy Hoover <mhoo...@gte.net> wrote:

snipped

> I have two things in rotation right now...a mini bellpull of butterflies
> (the Zweigert freebie) for myself, and a wedding sampler for a first
> anniversary gift for my SIL. It is from a leaflet called Samplers of the
> Heart by Jan Brett. (Yes the same Jan Brett who does the wonderful
> childrens' books...http://www.janbrett.com/ ) Wish I could convince
> her to chart some of her wonderful animals!
>
> Kathy
> (my UFO pile is small, but my USO pile keeps growing!)

Ooooooh, I have that book. I love these samplers. This is how I found
out about CS&CC, there was a card in the book that said send this card
in and get a free book. The book was the third issue of the magazine. I
am going to have to visit this website. Thank you, from someone who
loves this woman's work.
I currently am working on Vase Row and Marbek's Florentine Angel, and
just finished Stephanie Hedgepath's Imperial Phoenix. I will be putting
him on a box after Christmas.
--
Elizabeth (My UFO pile is growing, but not as fast as the USO pile.)
Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you

James and Laura

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
to Ladynoire
My Brother's Dragon is a picture of a somewhat whimsical dragon
reclining on a colorful sofa? hammock? at night and reading a book; he
is holding a lantern with his tail so he can read his book, and a couple
of fireflies are flying around the lantern.

The Hoffman site has a picture of this design. The URL to their search
page is http://www.hoffmandis.com/choice.cfm

When you are there, select 'Keyword/Item Number Search' and then when
you get to that page, type in 'My Brother's Dragon' as the keyword.

The picture, of course, does not do the design justice. The pattern
gives alternate thread choices for traditional cross stitch using
exclusively DMC floss, or what they call Victorian Cross Stitch on 10
count canvas using a combination of Medici and Paternayan wool, DMC
floss using all six strands at once, and a variety of Rainbow Gallery
Threads for different textures and glitter. I am doing mine in the
Victorian Cross Stitch and it is turning out really well. I love those
Rainbow Gallery Threads, especially the Alabaster used in the fireflies
wings.

Laura

Ladynoire wrote:

> Where can I find a picture of My Brothers Dragon ?

R. Daniel Paddock

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I'm stitching "Millennium Angel" by Mirabilia, with face and arms over one (I
had to pick an angel in a low-cut dress, didn't I? LOTS of over one.) To
keep me sane, I'm also working on a bunch of JCS 1998 ornament issue pieces:
"Christmas Eve Ornament" by Barbara & Cheryl is stitched and beaded, but needs
to be assembled into an ornament; "Nick" by Hollie Designs needs his hanger
put on, and "Christmas Heart" by LS Designs is well under way.

I just got some good Sweetheart Tree stash, so I may be starting either
Snowflake Heart or Bleeding Hearts Heart in the next day or two. I'm also
thinking of starting "Mayflower Sampler" from Feb. 1998 Stoney Creek Magazine,
with a verse about DH's Mayflower ancestor in place of the alphabet. (I've
also charted an appropriate verse from Genesis to replace the alphabet on the
TW Noah's Ark sampler -- I'm just not big into alphabets.)

I'm also doing restoration/ cleanup work on a bunch of my old projects. I
just bought a mat cutter, so I'm taking the opportunity to remount some of the
old pieces from the bad old days when I used sticky board (I didn't know any
better!) I wasn't real circumspect about starting and ending threads neatly,
so I'm going back through and reweaving and trimming as necessary. Tedious,
but it's fun to revisit these old designs and see how my skills (and tastes!)
have improved since then.

I'm having so much fun reading this thread (and getting some DANGEROUS new ideas!)
Sarah in Philadelphia

Jackie Carey

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I am trying to start and finish all my christmas projects. I am almost done with Mary
Englebreit's Believe stocking. This one will be done before Christmas. Its for my
daughter who will be celebrating her 5th Christmas. So, I'm a little behind. Maybe,
I'll finish one for my newborn before she is 3.

Each year I also make christmas ornaments for my sisters and mother. This year I am
doing a Christmas Pencils Ornaments from Dimensions. Hopefully, these won't take too
long.

I am also going to do 4 lace ornaments from Designs for the Needle. I am doing them
for all the little girls, my friends and I have (none of us have any boys). I would
like to make this a tradition.

After Christmas its back to wedding samplers, and homewarming presents.

Jackie Carey

Kim Brown

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
Erica D. Rodgers wrote:
> Finally, I have Dimple's Gabriel (on sky-blue)
> ready to be grid-basted, but I haven't decided what to do about his face
> yet.
>

> -Erica.

Erica, could you stitch maybe a garland or thin, metallic (DMC5284?)
chain around his neck? Maybe that might give you a more reasonable way
of doing his face over one?
--
Trish {|:OI}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

ahe...@dorsai.org

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
laura - are you doing My Brother's Dragon as xs or np? I really love
this chart but am thinking of doing it as cross stitch (don't like
wool).

Alison

Ladynoire

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98

USAARNIE

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
>>I'm almost done with a picture from LA's (Ithink) Best Loved Hymns, for my
>>MIL,
>
>Oooo, which one?? I have all three of the Best Loved Hymns booklets. I
>can't
>decide which one I like best.

I'm doing Blessed Assurance. I have about 1/4 left to back stitch.
I didn't know there were THREE books out. I just got the second one. I want to
do Amazing Grace for my mother, she loves the song, but I'm thinking about
using one of the other pictures, just not sure which one yet.
Linda

Rella

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
Ladynoire,

I have sent you a personal email with details, but if anyone else is
interested, let me know and I'll post the details here too.

Blessings
Rella

Ladynoire wrote in message <19981026050812...@ng150.aol.com>...

>>I am in the middle of a HUGE (75cm square) x-stitch called "magical throw"
>>that I found in a fantasy cross stitch book.
>
>What is the name of the book you found this in, I would love to do this one
!

Rella

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
oooh!

Erica D. Rodgers wrote in message ...

>I have Cross My Heart's Black Panther (on black),

<snip>

I've been thinking about buying this one, but thought it looked VERY hard!
(black on black and everything). But it certainly is a striking design, let

us know how it turns out!

Blessings
Rella

Lynn

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
In article <713nrj$oii$1...@jazz-1.trumpet.com.au>,
"Rella" <re...@trump.net.au> wrote:

Sounds interesting. How big is the design? Could stitch it onto waste
canvas on a T or sweatshirt. The waste canvas would be white, so it would
be easier; then it would end up on a black shirt. How cool.

Lynn

Glenis Pickering

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
In article <363395d5....@enews.newsguy.com>,

stitc...@hotmail.com (Kristen) wrote:
>>Just wondering what everyone is stitching on?

Er.. does "ought-to-be-stitching-on" count?

The current on-the-stand project is "New birth of Spring" from Janlynn

The current travel project is a koala bear from Jane Greenoff's wildlife
collection

A new RR arrived on Friday (Hi Liz!) and I've made a start on that square.

I'm trying to do Isaiah 40:31 for Mum & Dad's Golden Wedding next August, but
it has to be when Mum's not looking, so it's slow. (Managed 2 hours on
Saturday afternoon Elna!)

As for all the other UFOs Bryn thinks we ought to finish while she's gone - no
way; we can't be without Brynn for THAT long!

Glenis

X/Eng/S/-/-/T/XCrK/0/:-X/Fr/G/W-/D/M/B/b/R(wifli)/
S/K/E-(y)/-/-/1C3B/Gandalf,Helene Hanff,chocolate

Dennis & Karen Eichorst

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
Matt & Kathy Hoover wrote:
> .... wedding sampler for a first

> anniversary gift for my SIL. It is from a leaflet called Samplers of the
> Heart by Jan Brett. (Yes the same Jan Brett who does the wonderful
> childrens' books...http://www.janbrett.com/ ) Wish I could convince
> her to chart some of her wonderful animals!

Ooh! Ooh! (I'm feeling like Officer Tooty (sp?) today). Her hedgehogs!
She's *gotta* chart her hedgehogs!

Arysta

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
Oooh.. we have to drag the dirty laundry out, don't we?
I have LOTS going:

1) Little Stitches Bedtime Friends (I think) by Mirabilia -- halfway
done -- had to frog a LOT and so it got put aside a bit.
2) Dimensions gold kit of bear birth announcement -- gift for SIL who
had baby in august. The kit floss is driving me crazy with the shades.
3) Mill Hill Beaded something -- the perforated paper things -- last
springs, with beehives. Got pretty far on it, then saw a suggestion
that someone did it on regular fabric and made it into a pillow. Fell
in love with the suggestion -- now need to buy fabric.
4) Small VERY SMALL saying to test rayon DMC threads. Really enjoying
it, actually.
5) Baby Quilt -- Project from HELL. Haven't touched it in maybe 6
months, but still a WIP. One of the bucilla pre-quilted things.
Intended for the birth of my son -- started it after I just learned I
was pregnant. Julian is now, predictably, 13 months old. I will
finish it someday...
6)A really little ornament -- santa animals, another kit from bucilla,
that my mother bought if I made half for each of us. Kit thread
driving me crazy here, too. Not to meniton whenver I pull it out my
husband makes disparaging comments about how long it is taking me to
stitch the ornaments.

I guess that's not SO bad... nowhere near as bad as I was afraid. I
don't have much time with two kids and another on the way... Maybe
someday. I have MLI's Peace Angel I want to do, and I am dying to get
the new one by her -- the Arms of an Angel one... Gorgeous!!!

Arysta

Joi Ramey

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
On 25 Oct 1998 22:58:20 GMT, lep...@aol.com (LEPFAN1) wrote:

>Let's see. I'm STILL working on Titanic (contemplating not stitching half of
>the hull and saying it hit the iceberg already), Mary Engelbriets "It's Good to
>be Queen", A little project I take to work called "Deck the Dragon" and a
>Thomas Kincade pre-printed thingy (should be done with that one this evening).
>
>Lori

Woah! Did you say 'Titanic'? Who, what, when, where and how do I get
that pattern? My daughter would pledge her life in slavery to me if I
stitched a Titanic picture for her!
Thanks!

Ako Shiffer

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
Hi! let's see what I'm working on...

1) Elizabeth Ginger 1735 - reproduction sampler from Scarlet Letter
Just started about a couple of weeks ago. It's on 40ct linen with
silk.

2) Patrick's Sampler - Darlene O'Steen - Sampler & Antique Needlework
vol. II. This is a mini band sampler (9"x6"). I'm using 32ct linen
with DMC flower threads & the regular DMC embroidery thread. Flower
thread was too thick for some special stitches so I had to use regular
DMC for those.

3) True Virtue Sampler - Hester's Needle 32ct linen with DMC. Just
finished the border all around.

4) a mini quilt - a hand quilting class project at G street Fabric (in
VA) I've made 5 blocks and now I'm working on my last block. My
quilt teacher said she used to stitch (samplers) and since she started
quilting, she just could not keep up both stitching & quilting. I
hope this is not going to happen to me!!! I love to do BOTH!!!!

happy stitching!

ako

Ako's Current Projects
Elizabeth Ginger 1735 from Scarlet Letter
True Virtue Sampler from Hester's Needle
Patrick's Sampler by Darlene O'Steen (S&AN vol. II)

Anne L.

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
Hi Joi,
Heritage Stitchcrafts has a Titanic design - it is a copy of the White
Star Line poster advertising the Titanic. Here's the url:
http://www.heritagestitchcraft.co.uk/nostalg.htm

It's available in kit form (14 ct aida or 27 ct linda) in the UK. I've
dealt with Wendy at Forest Stitchery in Southampton,UK a number of times
and have been very happy with her. She'll order things for you (and at
a discount) and charges you the actual postage charges. Not affiliated
with her, etc....... Here's her url:
http://www.btinternet.com/~forestitchery/index.htm

If you want to get just the chart, I think BritStitch in Carrollton,
Georgia has it. They were at SOCS in Des Moines and I saw a worked up
copy of the Titanic poster. They don't have a web site but their email
address is: brits...@iscope.com. I've ordered from them for other
things, but IMHO their shipping charges are a little high and I don't
think you get the best exchange rate with them (they appear to double
the pounds price to get the dollar price - current exchange is somewhere
around 1 pound = $1.67). Unfortunately, the Heritage designs appear to
only be available in kit form in the UK; the US is able to get charts
only. If you don't mind a kit, I personally would order it from the
UK. Otherwise, go with BritStitch for the chart.

Anne L. in Iowa

Robert A. Palmer

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
On Sun, 25 Oct 1998 14:47:14 -0800, "Karen Wells"
<kwe...@emeraldnet.net> wrote:

>TW's Rapunzel. This is my first TW and I am more impressed with the design
>the more I work on it. Just the richness of the color takes my breath away.

It's my first TW as well. i went through my stash last week looking
for kits that looked like TW's style and found another eight which are
hers - Yippee!

Tammy Shelton

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
I'm stitching Janlynn's Gathering Honey. I started it this past June about
3/4 the way finished, slowed down after the first month. Have too much going
on with the kids and school.
Tammy

fhh...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
In article <70vpb3$mmo$1...@news-2.news.gte.net>,

"shelia springer" <she...@gte.net> wrote:
> Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me
> motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
> of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
> on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

Hi, All
I just finished Barbara Jackson's Pineapple Bellpull from Fine Line. I am
currently stitching on Sandra Orton's Speak to the Earth Sampler from
Needleworker. Is there anyone like me stitch charts from magazine?

Frieda

Fabrics2U

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98

I'm not working on it yet, but I just got in the Gloria and Pat baby blanket
that will be given to hospitals for abandoned and drug addicted babies. I've
still got all the info if anyone wants to stitch one.
Kim
Fabrics2U
Now carrying Wichelt items and Caron Threads!
http://members.aol.com/fabrics2u/wichelt.html

CatsEwe2

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98

Confession time, right?

I'm working on Shepherd's Bush Potting Shed, Baa Baa Sheep, and Mother's Heart.

I'm trying to finish an earlier Just Nan online class, Evening Star; and also
working on JN's Among the Roses and butterfly Rose.

Also, Janet Power's Tulips and Sekas' Lighthouses --- oh, and can't seen to
finish Lizzie Kate's You Are My Sunshine. It was for my daughter for her
birthday (Sept); guess now, it'll be for Christmas.

And I have a list equally as long of the projects I'm READY to begin on.

AnneM

Julie Holm

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
OK, I'm not working on TW's the Castle, it has to wait until after
Christmas. It's about 25% done.

I AM working on an eagle (On the Wind) on the back of a denim jacket. 14
count waste cloth, large design with blended threads and lots of half
stitches.

I am working on a little "World's best sister" kitchen magnet for my
sister for Christmas.

I am working on Christmas Love from the JCS ornament issue as the top of a
stocking for my sister in law.

I am working on samples of ornaments for my church's Advent Fun Shops, so
people will know what they will look like.

--
*Julie Holm, Northern Virginia, USA DoD #1604
*Virago Rider, avid cross-stitcher, church musician, geek and mom

Beverley Pagura

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
Hi Everyone,

I seem to have become the stitcher of Christmas Gifts for the non-stitch
capable this year. I am working on a Love Poem for a co-worker of a
friend, it's a little depressing but is also nearly complete, just
waiting on owner to pick a border she likes.

I am also doing a Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit scene for my step-sister's
new (3 months old) niece-in-law which will be turned into a pillow as
soon as I finish it on Saturday.

I am also doing a little jack-o-latern for Halloween with Krenik glow in
the dark floss for the eyes, nose and mouth. Plus there are handtowels
to do for Christmas gifts for my family and the pile of real meaty
projects that have to wait til the holiday pieces are done before I can
work on them again.

Can I call in sick to work from now until New Year's Day? To bad I'm
just too valuable to be gone that long, my lab barely is standing when I
take a 3 day weekend, I hate to imagine what it would look like with 2
months off. :-o

Happy Stitching,

Beverley

Susan G. Capps, Ph.D.

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
I don't even know what all my WIP's (Works in progress) are... but, I have a
legitimate reason to only work on 2 projects right now. We bought a house on
Friday and I'm busy doing my own business plus packing to move plus handling
the infinite number of phone calls that go along w/ relocating.

my 2 projects

TW's Peaceable Kingdom
a kit of botanical christmas ornaments my mom & I bought at Michael's last
year for 10% of retail at the after xmas sale :0

Susan in Indiana

TCAMOM

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
> (I've
>also charted an appropriate verse from Genesis to replace the alphabet on the
>TW Noah's Ark sampler -- I'm just not big into alphabets.)

Wow! What a neat idea.
What verse are you using, if you don't mind my asking??

Shari
Ready to Start: TW Birdhouse Bellpull
Currently Stitching: Madeline, GWTW BBQ Dress
UFO: Holiday Cardnial Bow Tie
Finished in 1998: Aspiring Gardner by Sandi Gore Evans & Submarine Verse of
Naval Hymn

TCAMOM

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
> I have all three of the Best Loved Hymns booklets. I
>>can't
>>decide which one I like best.
>>

>I'm doing Blessed Assurance. I have about 1/4 left to back stitch.
>I didn't know there were THREE books out. I just got the second one. I want
>do Amazing Grace for my mother, she loves the song, but I'm thinking about
>using one of the other pictures, just not sure which one yet.
>Linda
>
>Linda,
There's a Best Loved Hymns, BLH Two and then a Best Loved Christmas Hymns
I couldn't refuse I had to have them all :-)
I've been considering Just as I am. Its one of my dads favorites....but Shall
we Gather by the River is another good "oldie"...

VSchofield

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
Hello! I have been mostly lurking for the last couple of weeks. However,
after reading this thread I just had to join in! I have really enjoyed
reading your notes--now I feel better! Since I don't have much contact with
others who stitch, I often wonder if I am the only one who does things the
way I do. Anyway, once upon a time I was a "one project at a time"
stitcher--after all, I am an ISTJ (for those into the Myers-Briggs type
thing!). I (used to) insist on closure. However, something has happened to
me and it seems that I have multiple projects underway...

Right now, I am about 1/2 done with "Peace and Plenty" (fall) from September
'98 "For the Love of Cross Stitch" magazine. I am stitching all four seasons
on the same piece of fabric. I have completed "Let the Sunshine In" (summer)
from the July 1998 issue. I still have "Let It Snow!" (winter) and "Bless
Our Home" (spring) to do. I started this after having to frog ALL of what I
had done on MLI's "Song of Christmas" when I discovered that my fabric was
too small. I tired of that and have not gotten back to it.

I am also working on Day 8 of the "The 12 Days of Santa" from The Artists
Collection. I have completed 1-6 and have 7, 9 and 10 waiting. I had hoped
to have all 12 done by Christmas but...!

Also in progress is "I Love the South" (from LA--1988).

I can't wait to get my hands on MLI's new "In the Arms of An Angel." I have
everything gathered to begin Just Nan's "Patience" but I guess I will wait
until after Christmas to start. If I start now I will never get my
children's ornaments ready by December 25! Maybe I should get started on
those soon...

LEPFAN1

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Actually I am doing Dimensions " A Night to Remember" on navy linen. The kit
is available through Herrschners (I think) and Michaels has it as well. Please
understand I AM NOT recommending it. It is completely done in dark colors
except for the icebergs of course. I am either going mad or blind, can't
decide which.

Lori

EAM

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
In article <19981027183206...@ng144.aol.com> TCAMOM,

tca...@aol.com writes:
>There's a Best Loved Hymns, BLH Two and then a Best Loved Christmas Hymns
>I couldn't refuse I had to have them all :-)
>I've been considering Just as I am. Its one of my dads favorites....but Shall
>we Gather by the River is another good "oldie"...

I have all three, also. The designs are lovely and would do for many
other things, too, which is why I had to have them all, too. And thereby
hangs a tale...

The women's organization of our church has a reading program, where each
lady who participates is asked to read from a list the organization
publishes each year, addressing various religious and social issues.
Each district within the region (we United Methodists call 'em
'conferences', actually) reports how many women have participated and
completed the program, and the conference gives a prize to the most
active.

Well, actually, what they give you is the 'opportunity' ( *<8-P*, which
is a sarcastic person with glasses, a silly party hat, and either an
exploding cigar or one of those things you blow on at New Year's that
rolls out and makes a rude noise... ) to add a patch to the conference
reading program banner.

Riverside (CA, US) District, of which my mom is secretary and - by
default - chief needlewoman, won for 1997 (only the 5th time in 9
years!). I worked _Shall We Gather at the River_, without the words, for
her to use for the patch. She added "Riverside 1997" more or less in the
style of '30s orange- crate- label art (a popular collectible here in
citrus country) and put on a border of brown ribbon.

If I do say so myself, it looks pretty good; I used the colors as
charted, but put it on clay 32-count evenweave (just a little lighter
than the lightest brown in the river bank, which looks much better to me
than the white on the model), over two, using one strand for cross, half-
cross, and back stitch.

Are we entitled to a Happy Dance for this? (Although I think Mom'd much
rather just flop down limply into the recliner at this point...) And
will anybody mind if we dance to _Down By the Riverside_, instead? ;-)

-- Elizabeth

PS: BTW, guess which district won for 1998? This is getting
embarassing...

R. Daniel Paddock

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
TCAMOM wrote:

> > (I've
> >also charted an appropriate verse from Genesis to replace the alphabet on the
> >TW Noah's Ark sampler -- I'm just not big into alphabets.)
>
> Wow! What a neat idea.
> What verse are you using, if you don't mind my asking??
>
> Shari

Shari,

Don't mind in the least... I used Gen 7:8-9, 12: "Of beasts and of fowls, and
of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, there went in two and two into
the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah. And the rain was
upon the earth forty days and forty nights." I charted it over one using the
backstitched personalization alphabet from the TW Wedding Sampler; I still
have to tweak it a little bit to get the lines arranged properly.

I thought about using something from Gen 9 talking about the rainbow as a sign
of the covenant that God would never again destroy the earth with a flood; it
goes with the picture showing the rainbow, and it's ultimately the point of
the story. However, I wanted to use an actual scriptural quote, and I
couldn't find verses that said it concisely.

The Noah's Ark Sampler is, unfortunately, pretty far down in the "to do" pile
at the moment, so I have some time to think it over. I may change my mind
again yet!

HTH,
Sarah in Philadelphia

lacey

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98

Joi Ramey wrote in message <3641eb8e....@news.cha.bellsouth.net>...

>Woah! Did you say 'Titanic'? Who, what, when, where and how do I get
>that pattern? My daughter would pledge her life in slavery to me if I
>stitched a Titanic picture for her!
>Thanks!

Here are 3 sites to view 3 different Titanic graphs. My personal favourite
is the poster one of the White Star Line:

http://members.aol.com/dianarip1/giftguy.htm
http://www.heritagestitchcraft.co.uk/nostalg.htm
http://pages.prodigy.com/jeanuecrossstitch/

Have fun!
Lacey

All good things must come to an end, including this *&$%^!* UFO....

X/CAN/H1+(jwl)/X11(arl),Y9(mcl),Y7(dal)/-/1D,3ham/1C/Autumn Romance -
VS/DPXHRK/L/D/:-P~/OS/M/B/b/R~/S+/K/E+/-/G/W+/C/J+/Joe Lando/Maeve
Binchy/salt 'n' vinegar chips

Stef

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
In article <70vpb3$mmo$1...@news-2.news.gte.net>, shelia springer
<she...@gte.net> writes

>Just wondering what everyone is stitching on? It really helps to keep me
>motivated on my stitching if I find out what everyone else is stitching and
>of course it also help me increase my stash. I am currently stitching
>on---MLI's Angelica. It is going well and I am enjoying it.

okay this is what I'm working on - perhaps writing it down will make it
look better
- four brown owls for my mum's birthday which *was* on October 22 -
she's started stitching too so she understands
- nine name plates using Carol Leather quick and easy alphabets for
baby sisters, nieces, nephew, friend's dd and own dds
- square for Jim - blue tits on evenweave
- some fridge magnets for charity boot sale which I forgot about and
now only have a week and a half to do.

oh yes that feels better having got all that off my chest.

I need some software that not only inventories materials but keeps an
eye on my deadlines and beeps annoyingly until I've done it.

I am so fed up with all of the above except for the quilt square as its
my first time on evenweave. The only thing keeping me going with the
rest is that I am gradually gathering in all of the bits for "Mermaid of
the Pearls" which will be my most ambitious project ever.
--
Stef

Katla & Nick

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Currently working on MLI's "Baby in a Basket' and her 1997 X-Mas
Angel. Just finished her 1998 X-Mas Angel; very nice piece.
Aspire to start on her 'Angelica' angel and perhaps 'Santa of the
Forest'. Can you tell I'm a MLI fan?

Katla Adams
Bangkok, Thailand

ni...@ksc15.th.com

Richard

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
VSchofield wrote:

> Hello! I have been mostly lurking for the last couple of weeks. I (used to) insist on closure. However, something has happened to

> me and it seems that I have multiple projects underway...

Ah hah! Could that something be RCTN!! Looks like another stitcher
corrupted. :-)

Richard

Matsi33

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
>I have sent you a personal email with details, but if anyone else is
>interested, let me know and I'll post the details here too.

I would like to know too. :)

Thanks.

Kim

Kali

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
On 25 Oct 1998 22:58:20 GMT, lep...@aol.com (LEPFAN1) wrote:

>>A little project I take to work called "Deck the Dragon" and a

Hey, I'm working on that one too! Small world!

I'm also trying desperately to finish a wolf for my DH, that I started
for his Xmas present the year before we were married (Our fifth
anniversary's 11/9....). Also working a birth sampler for a friend's
newborn, a bit piece "Bloom Where You're Planted", A Mary E "Don't
Look Back", my own wedding sampler, and three or four other carry
pieces. Woof!
My next project to start for DH is TW's "The Storyteller", which at
the rate I finish things might be done for our 10th anniversary!
(ROFL!)

Kali
the easily distracted....

USAARNIE

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
>There's a Best Loved Hymns, BLH Two and then a Best Loved Christmas Hymns
>I couldn't refuse I had to have them all :-)

I'll have to look for Best Loved Christmas Hymns. However, after reading your
posts I was inspired to look back through the two books I have and am already
planning which ones I want to do...starting after Christmas, of course, or
maybe after July 4th. Just got toooo many other things to do.
I love seeing what everyone is doing, but it just makes me want to do what
everyone else is doing also. Is there a Cross Stitch Anonymous? Can you just
see all of us sitting in a circle, with cross stitch in hand, taking turns
standing, 'Hi, I'm Linda (insert your own name), I'm a stitchaholic.' Crowd
responds,'Hi, Linda'. Of course then we would pobably start laughing and ask
our neighbor, 'so what are you stitching?'
It must be getting late, cuz I'm rambling, and I think I'm funny!!!
Goodnight all
Linda

Ladynoire

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
Kali, you sound like me .... I am in the middle of about a dozen or so projects
currently. TOp of the list is the Babylon 5 Space Station, followed by
Miribilia's Christmas Elegance, a Shepards Bush kit, two afghans, a quilt, and
a partridge in a pear tree .....

I have too little time, and too many projects

Carol
Lady Richende de Bevilacqua
Canton of Kapellenberg, Barony of Wind Master's Hill
Atlantia

George Blum

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
Currently working on Beatrix Potter Storybook Sampler for my grandson born July
24th. Will then do Storybook Sampler II for new granddaughter due Nov 22. If the
kids keep this up I will never get stitch anything but birth samplers.

Also working on a matzah cover as my travel project, since there are only 5
colors involved.

George

--
Only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. One is to let her
think she is having her own way, and the other is to let her have it.

Kathy Dyer

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
Cyn <use...@technomom.com> wrote:
> Is that a published pattern, or something you did yourself? I would
> love to find B5 patterns!

Go to <http://www.thestation.com/>. Go to their Emporium/Merchandise page
for a counted cross stitch design of the Babylon 5 station

Kathy
Kathleen Dyer <mailto:kd...@verio.com>
Counted Cross Stitch, Needlework and Stitchery Page
<http://www.ncal.verio.com/~kdyer/xstitch.html>
Livermore Valley Opera <http://www.ncal.verio.com/~kdyer/lvo/>
"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."

Jujularu2

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
I'm almost finished with my wedding sampler, which I've been working on for
just about a year, a small patchwork teddy bear kit on black fabric, a "save
our home" endangered species piece for my brother - all of which are crewel,
and a needlepoint of my college crest. Next is a baby sampler for my sister
who is due in March! (Yipee, the first one in the family!) Oh, and a quilt
block for a pillow that I started 2 Christmases ago!
Julie

Neece

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
HI...I'm new to this group! I was told about it by meeting someone in
my local stitch shop today...what a great way to meet nice people!
I'm currently stitching a CEDAR HILL project called CHRISTMAS COUNTRY
VILLAGE. It is on nice pretty brown linen with muted colors of floss.
The chart is a little difficult to read but I think it'll be worth it
in the end.....
May your project box runneth over....Tracy
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:51:39 GMT, jac...@oxford.net (Jackie Smith)
wrote:

>Hey!
>I'm working on YW's Peacock tapestry and Ross's white Tiger,on moss
>green.
>Happy Stitching
>

>On 26 Oct 1998 15:09:42 GMT, ali...@aol.com.au (Ali866) wrote:
>

>>Amish Quilt Sampler (MLI)
>>Rapunzel (TW)
>>Peace Angel (MLI)
>>Catnip Tea (Just Nan)
>>
>>Ali ;-) (not gonna even mention the three NP projects sitting around in various
>>stages of completion...)
>>
>>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>Nooooobody expects the Rutabaga Dance and Tango Society ! - DJ 1998
>>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>To reply, remove .au

Neece

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
I've just finished a Leisure Arts project from the Cats Galore book,
my daughter will be 12 nxt month and is a cataholic! So I made her a
feminine pic with a kittty and a rose. I'm now working on Cedar
Hill's Country Christmas Village....it is slow going because the chart
is hard to read. Next I will make a baby sampler for my husband's
first grandchild due in February. This is my first visit here...it is
great! May your project box runneth over....Tracy

Barbara Joyce

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
Hi Tracy, and welcome!

So funny you should refer to the denizens of this group as "nice"!

We're going through a period of insanity around here right now, but as
soon as it blows over, you'll see that we really *are* a nice group of
people. Please be patient with us!

Barbara

In article <3638ee29...@news.fgi.net>, ne...@fgi.net (Neece) wrote:

> HI...I'm new to this group! I was told about it by meeting someone in
> my local stitch shop today...what a great way to meet nice people!

<snip>

Current Project: Generosity by The Drawn Thread
Finished! Cloister Garden by The Drawn Thread; Gathering Pinecones by Hillside Samplings

C Joan Turner

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98

Oh my what a lot of wonderful projects on the go out there!

I am trying to finsh Angel of Hope (MLI)
Celtic Christmas (MLI) I have the gold thread and beading to do
Catch the Wind (MLI) too have two of their skirts about finished and
working on the third one!
I am going to be in my first RR too and trying to find a suitable
Aphabet to do cant seem to find any when I need them LOL
stitching in the rainforest
Joanie

On 25 Oct 1998 18:06:27 GMT, "shelia springer" <she...@gte.net>

Beth Katz

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
Things I've stitched on in the past month or plan to do within a month:

An apple hardanger ornament I designed to be a gift for DS's student
teacher; but DS said "She'll drop it on the floor and stomp on it."
So we gave her a pottery heart instead. I need to make up a chart and
do another model. Uses RG #822 Granduer for border and Cerise Wildflowers
for weaving and dove's eyes. I used green Impressions for stem. It's on
28 ct natural linen.

Dragon Dreams JCS ornament "St. George's Gift" for DS (he's 3.5 years).
I also started an over one version of just the knight. I'm planning
on putting "Mark, the Knight" under it and using it as a label on DS's
cubby at school. DD (5 years) thinks it's a great secret. Her Prairie
Scholler ornament is done.

Victoria Sampler JCS ornament for DH. Finally found Nefertiti Watercolours,
and I think I now have everything for this.

Nutmeg Needle JCS ornament for me (this will probably get pushed aside).

Navy wings for my Dad on navy 25ct Lugana over one. For his birthday
in January.

Gingerbread man I designed for 40ct silk gauze using needlepoint silk.
A very simple design. Almost forgot this one.

And a square for Jim still being pondered.

This doesn't count pulling out the Marbek Nativity that comes out around
this time of year to taunt me.

Beth Katz
ka...@cs.millersv.edu

Janet Mills

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
I'm working on DH's Christmas Present which is a Stoney Creek Golf is
Teerific Game and a 10 year old UFO Stamped XS Baby Quilt. The quilt gets
hauled out every so often and then promptly hidden.

Happy stitching to all,
Janet in Brampton

Rose M.

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
Christmas Bear Pair

While helping sister do day care, tried to stitch. I ended up frogging
entire face on bear.
Decided to leave day care chores to sister.

Rosie

Christian DeLise

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98

I'm getting the final materials so I can start Moonlight Guardian, by
Jennifer Aikmann-Smith, I'm also working on Ornament's from the JCS issue.
also have "When Men Pray" as a ufo. Trying to get the courage to at least
buy a TW chart for future workings.

Christian DeLise
ICQ 9011819
ldyAnduril on aol

Robert and Elizabeth

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
USAARNIE <usaa...@aol.com> wrote:
snipped

> >Is there a Cross Stitch Anonymous? Can you just
> see all of us sitting in a circle, with cross stitch in hand, taking turns
> standing, 'Hi, I'm Linda (insert your own name), I'm a stitchaholic.' Crowd
> responds,'Hi, Linda'. Of course then we would pobably start laughing and ask
> our neighbor, 'so what are you stitching?'
> It must be getting late, cuz I'm rambling, and I think I'm funny!!!
> Goodnight all
> Linda

Actually, If you do a search on Deja News, someone wrote up the 12 steps
for stitchers. Or, maybe, Kathy Dyer saved them on her webpage?

I am working on some hummingbirds, Collecting Shells by Nancy Coles,
Marbek's Florentine Angel, and just added Vase Row to the rotation.
There are others, but not currently in the rotation. I am also reading
all the Lord Peter Wimsey books (in chronological order, this time).
I just wish I had a few more hours to myself in the day, so I could
stitch more. I have soooo many pieces I want to do, and sooo many things
I need to do before I can stitch.
--
Elizabeth
Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you
will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a
rainbow trail. --Navaho Song

Tbailsh

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98

Earthdancer. I started her some time ago, but everything seems to get in the
way. Taking the day off from work today, so I may just put my feet up and
STITCH.

I've finished 3 or 4 hardanger motifs for christmas cards. I'm playing with
different variegated flosses -- Caron and others.

Today I WILL put the backstitches in a tiny kit from Needlecraft (I think)
magazine -- Winnie the Pooh in a gift tag. Don't have a clue what I"ll do with
it.

And I still have a hardanger table center from an issue of New Stitches --
about 18" square. Got all around with the klosters, find I'm one thread off,
and CAN'T FIND the error. Of course, I bought just enough Watercolors to
finish, so unpicking has to be done VERY carefully or I won't have enough of
the dye lot.

And I bought new furniture last weekend -- overstuffed recliner/rockers and
reclining sofa. They're crying out for linen arm and head protectors in
hardanger.

Tess

Holly in VA

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:27:37 -0600, "VSchofield" <VScho...@scti.net>
wrote:

>I am also working on Day 8 of the "The 12 Days of Santa" from The Artists
>Collection. I have completed 1-6 and have 7, 9 and 10 waiting. I had hoped
>to have all 12 done by Christmas but...!

I've been buying these since they came out. They are so cute! How
are you doing them, that is, are you using one piece of fabric or
separate ones? I haven't seen numbers 11 and 12 yet in the stores.
Do you know if they're out yet?

X/USA/H/-/-/-/1C/Ho-Ho-Ho cat from 3rd Cattitudes (still!)/X/E/D/:-P~/S/M/B/b/R-/S/K/E/-/G/-/-/-/-/-/chocolate anything!

Golf pair

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
>I've just finished L&L's 1998 Christmas Angel.

Hi Wilma,

I just finished the same angel but now I don't know what to do with it. Are you
planning on framing it. I was giving some thought to making it into a little
decorative pillow.

Pat

Golf pair

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
>Currently working on MLI's "Baby in a Basket' and her 1997 X-Mas
>Angel. Just finished her 1998 X-Mas Angel;

Hi Katla,

Do you frame the yearly angels? I just finished the 1998 Angel and I'm not sure
what to do with it. It's too big for an ornament but it may look nice in a
decorative pillow or framed and put on a table stand. What are you doing?

Pat

Ladynoire

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
>I'm getting the final materials so I can start Moonlight Guardian, by
>Jennifer Aikmann-Smith, I'm also

Is there somewhere I can see this pattern on the net ?

It is loading more messages.