Homemade metal saw

John Doe

Nov 24, 2015, 4:22:22 PM11/24/15
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/22988412630/in/photostream

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/22657103423/in/photostream

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/23258455376/in/dateposted/

I put the miter saw on a board so material could be mounted for cutting.
It worked well for cutting through a 1 1/4 inch socket. (Couldn't make
it through the socket with my cutoff tool.) As you can see in the first
picture, a threaded rod and a nut are used to lower the saw down through
the steel. The feed rate turned out about right. I used a Dewalt 4 inch
abrasive cutoff wheel. To properly center the disk on the saw arbor,
heat shrink tubing was slipped over the arbor first before installing
the disk and tightening. Once again, somehow the cutoff disc seems
unused even after cutting through a big socket.

Lining up the material with the saw was easy this time but it can be a
bear. Maybe there is method to do so.

Tom Gardner

Nov 24, 2015, 8:06:29 PM11/24/15
Nice! Necessity is the mother of invention but the father is sometimes
a bottle of single malt.